Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Now that we have toddlers, can we have another adult life stage?

Kids are only kids for such a short time, so they don't need as many birthday parties.

Adults need a LOT more transitions, so that they can have a LOT more birthday parties.
Don't neglect the adults!

It'd be nice if YA represented 18-30, and Adult was 30-40, with something here for that panic of omg I'm getting old, before the elder years.
AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif

Comments

• Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    In my opinion, it seems unnecessary and something you could v easily just use your imagination for.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    zubrowkas wrote: »
    In my opinion, it seems unnecessary and something you could v easily just use your imagination for.

NAh, mate.
    Same could be said for toddlers. They weren't needed.

The jump from adult to elder is HUGE.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I think they first need to add more differentiation between the current YAs and adults before adding a third adult stage. Every life stage should be different in some way, I worry the older adult/middle-age sims will be the exact same as the last two adult stages.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    I think they first need to add more differentiation between the current YAs and adults before adding a third adult stage. Every life stage should be different in some way, I worry the older adult/middle-age sims will be the exact same as the last two adult stages.

I just want more cakes with candles. :p

But really, it would be a 4th adult stage, 5th even, since some people count teens as pseudo YA

And I want HEAPS more stuff for elders.
    Elders need more love
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895668/were-not-dead-yet-pack-for-elders/p1
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Yeah I forgot about teens, I haven't played TS4 in a very long time now lol
    I think teens and up need a lot of new unique stuff really, they are very samey. But after that I would love to see something between adults and elders.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    I think the YAs look 18-30, Adults being 30-40 and Elder looking 50+. The Elders can looking younger (late 40s-50s) or older (55+) depending on what clothing and hairsytles they have so i think another life-state in-between is unnecessary. With toddles its way different because it went from a baby (pretty much an object) to a 7-12 year old child. Completely skipping a very important developmental life stage. (learning to walk / talk / etc) I think toddles is VERY fitting and needed in the life-states to be cohesive while another Adult lifestage is..pretty much useless.
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    Yeah, but why? That sounds pointless. You could always get a youth potion and re-age them up with a birthday cake and it would acheive about the same point.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    I don't think it's really needed. We have peppered hair and additional facial wrinkles so we can progressively age our sims look ourselves. It would be nice to see a few more of these cas options though.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    No more birthday parties for adults! I want less birthdays for myself too, please!

Last year I removed my birthday from Facebook (well I thought I did), but it didn't work and I got birthday wishes when I wanted to forget about it, lol.

Just give me pizza and a box of chocs and call it a day, I reckon. :D
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    zubrowkas wrote: »

NAh, mate.
    Same could be said for toddlers. They weren't needed.

The jump from adult to elder is HUGE.

They were actually needed since the jump from baby to child was HUGE, I don't really want 5 different variations of adult when the team can easily work with the adult life stages we have now, plus the jump between Adult and Elder isn't so big that it is noticeably unrealistic like it was with the Baby to Child.
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    I don't really think they need to improve on the adult life stage (my opinion) but I do really want to see preteens. I think the transitions with aging would be so much smoother and realistic looking.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    We change most in appearance in our younger years.

In a span of 18 years, we do most of our physical changes, that's why it's more important to have clear stages Baby>Toddler>Child>Teen>Young Adult.

After that, we look relatively the same, we are no longer growing. Our cells are just decaying over time, causing wrinkles etc.
    That's why young adult>Adult stage can cover 20-70 years, and elder 70+

Slotting in another age between them wouldn't add anything new that you can't easily simulate by making their hair greyer, or adding more wrinkles in skin details.
    Post edited by dreamprisoner on
  • Options
    Slotting in another age between them wouldn't add anything new that you can't easily simulate by making their hair greyer, or adding more wrinkles in skin details.

Who said anything about looks?

I want the mental changes.
  • Options
    TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Adult is fine. The biggest issues is with the child and teen life stages.
  • Options
    TayTayGee wrote: »

says you.
    I find the adult stages to be lacking.
  • Options

says you.

Says you. :trollface:
  • Options

says you.

You and your troll face.

we really need more, options for older sims.
    HAve you seem my thread on elders?
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/895668/were-not-dead-yet-pack-for-elders/p1
    Srsly, it's all needed. Give elders that last boost of life before they kick the bucket.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Simetery wrote: »
    I think the YAs look 18-30, Adults being 30-40 and Elder looking 50+. The Elders can looking younger (late 40s-50s) or older (55+) depending on what clothing and hairsytles they have so i think another life-state in-between is unnecessary. With toddles its way different because it went from a baby (pretty much an object) to a 7-12 year old child. Completely skipping a very important developmental life stage. (learning to walk / talk / etc) I think toddles is VERY fitting and needed in the life-states to be cohesive while another Adult lifestage is..pretty much useless.

As a 50+ person, I have got to say that no, the Elders seriously do not look 50+. They look 65+ maybe, more like 70+. You maybe need to see a few more 50- to 60-year-olds. We may be going a bit grey (some of us), but we're nowhere near heavily wrinkled (the game already shows a believable 50- to 60-year-old face for Adults) or stooped or needing to pee more often or keeling over when we exercise or have woohoo twice in a row, not to even start on likely to retire.

I would be interested in a more playable Elder stage, however. It doesn't need more birthday parties for that.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Are there many mental changes? The brain is fully developed at age 25 and responsibilities don't change much after you turn 30 till retirement. Many middle aged adults, including my mother who is 57, still feel as if they're 30.
    I would be interested in a more playable Elder stage, however. It doesn't need more birthday parties for that.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Are there many mental changes? The brain is fully developed at age 25 and responsibilities don't change much after you turn 30 till retirement. Many middle aged adults, including my mother who is 57, still feel as if they're 30.
    Yeah, there are plenty of people in their 50's who still feel like a 20 year old on the inside... a 20 year old who looks in the mirror and wonders what the hell happened. >.<

But there are plenty of mental changes, because as of the mid 20's the brain begins to die, stress in life can also cause a lot of changes. And where is the mid life crisis? Turning 40 can make a lot of adults panic.
    Then there is the forgetfulness that some older people get from 50 onwards. And similar to the mid life crisis, some people in their 50's and 60's try to relive parts of their youth.

The game could also do with some cougars and manther/rhinos

And people in their 50's and 60's are a lot more energetic than a lot of people in their 80's and 90's

The game has too big a leap between adult and elder. To me, Adults are up to 40-45, and elders seem more like they're 70+
    There's a few decades missing in the middle.

• Options

says you.

You and your troll face.

we really need more, options for older sims.
    HAve you seem my thread on elders?
    Srsly, it's all needed. Give elders that last boost of life before they kick the bucket.

I was just kidding lol. I'll see it.
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Kids are only kids for such a short time, so they don't need as many birthday parties.

Adults need a LOT more transitions, so that they can have a LOT more birthday parties.
    Don't neglect the adults!

It'd be nice if YA represented 18-30, and Adult was 30-40, with something here for that panic of omg I'm getting old, before the elder years.

Put more details into this. You're original post much equivalent to just saying "lol k bye" >> *thread ends*.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

says you.

I'm thinking about making changes to the adult stage rather than making a new one. With all of these pre-teens, young children, young toddlers, older elders ideas floating around, devs would pretty much have to implant over 20 new life stages, which all of them seems vague and redundant. Let's first focus on fixing the current existing life stages, before we put thoughts about creating new ones.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    TaraGTaraG Posts: 1 New Member
    Ugh, why do we need a life stage that is obviously no different from young adults, adults, and elders? Adults are much older than 30. I see them as 38-51 (which covers middle age). Your views on adults suggest you are uneducated when it comes to the field of ageing development. You lack the proper knowledge of the adult life stage. What kind of ignorant fool thinks the adults are 30 years old? That's young adult! I'm a well-educated being so I know what I'm talking about. Sims 3 adults represented middle aged adults. In the Sims 4, they represent middle age already. Are you blind?