Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @Cathytea - Finally - Kaitlin's reply to Meadow - #6

She is still struggling with her guilt complex. Maybe Meadow can help her! :)

Kaitlin has the mother of guilt complexes! I'm so glad it's not rubbing off on her chilren!
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member

Kaitlin has the mother of guilt complexes! I'm so glad it's not rubbing off on her chilren!

No kidding! Hopefully one day she will realize that she is not to blame. That in fact she did good by leaving.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I bet it's really common with women who've been emotionally (and physically) abused. This was so effectively written, @AudreyFld ! While I was reading it, I felt like I was reading it through Meadow's eyes, and she has such little experience with relationships and people that I end up feeling Meadow's perplexity!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    *Sneaks in from vacation*

Good news for @MedleyMisty and @Xantheanmar, I have your replies written. (Planes are good for something.)

Bad news: I have a lot of pictures to take for them, so it might be a bit yet.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    Hiya! Here's a letter from Meadow to Dove: Meadow - Dove 10 (Support systems, anyone? :) I love it when what I'm working on in my life dove-tails with what I write!)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @CathyTea - I'm on a roll! Here is Newt's reply to Norman.
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

I bet it's really common with women who've been emotionally (and physically) abused. This was so effectively written, @AudreyFld ! While I was reading it, I felt like I was reading it through Meadow's eyes, and she has such little experience with relationships and people that I end up feeling Meadow's perplexity!

Thanks! Meadow is a good influence on her...she opens up to Meadow unlike she has with anyone else - including Leroy -even though she has shared a lot with him. :)
  • Options

Aack! Can you hear me screaming over here while I'm reading this? SPOILER alert! Wow!

And, gosh. The emotional content of these letters! It really gets me!

(And I always end up feeling embarrassed for Norm! LOL!)

I feel like Norman and Meadow are splashing in the baby wading pool of life while Kaitlin and Newt are out there swimming with the whirlpools and sharks! Oh, boy!

Also, that spoiler is so awesome! Yay! This plot is really delicious!

• Options
    Just posted the weekly update on the Pen Pal Project Blog! I think I got everything? If I missed something, let me know!

Also please feel free to make corrections or let me know about any corrections that need to be made!

(Now I'm wondering, "What was I thinking?" when I set up the blog--it's cool, but it's complicated! LOL! Oh, well. Last week my mind zigged--this week it zagged!)

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Just posted the weekly update on the Pen Pal Project Blog! I think I got everything? If I missed something, let me know!

Also please feel free to make corrections or let me know about any corrections that need to be made!

(Now I'm wondering, "What was I thinking?" when I set up the blog--it's cool, but it's complicated! LOL! Oh, well. Last week my mind zigged--this week it zagged!)
    probably thinking like a teacher.
  • Options

Aack! Can you hear me screaming over here while I'm reading this? SPOILER alert! Wow!

And, gosh. The emotional content of these letters! It really gets me!

(And I always end up feeling embarrassed for Norm! LOL!)

I feel like Norman and Meadow are splashing in the baby wading pool of life while Kaitlin and Newt are out there swimming with the whirlpools and sharks! Oh, boy!

Also, that spoiler is so awesome! Yay! This plot is really delicious!

Haha! Well, I figured poor Norm would be embarrassed!!! I couldn't help it. :blush:

Yes - a little bit of a spoiler! Haha. But we are going to find that out in my story in a few chapters anyway.

I love the wading pool vs whirlpool of life! So true. I hope they haven't scared them for life! I do think it interesting that both Newt and Kaitlin talked about the meaning of love and it was something new to them both.

Glad you enjoyed it! :smiley:
  • Options
    AsaoyoruAsaoyoru Posts: 247 Member
    @ny275 Thank you so much for the great letter! I was moving and couldn't write anything for a couple of days, but I can't wait to answer your awesome letter <3
  • Options

The blog is great! I just had to learn how to use Wordpress! That is good though. If I do another story I may switch from blogger and this way I can get acquainted with Wordpress. :)
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Asaoyoru wrote: »
    @ny275 Thank you so much for the great letter! I was moving and couldn't write anything for a couple of days, but I can't wait to answer your awesome letter <3

And I can't wait to read the reply! :) But don't rush, I'll be here whenever you get it out.
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options

The blog is great! I just had to learn how to use Wordpress! That is good though. If I do another story I may switch from blogger and this way I can get acquainted with Wordpress. :)

wordpress is easy. i struggle with webly. which is what i use for this.
  • Options

i just saw it tonight. but my confused record is now 10:30 pm. i hate real life its getting in the way of my sim time.
  • Options
    Here's Meadow's reply to Kaitlin, @AudreyFld - Meadow - Kaitlin 6

• Options
    Here's Meadow's reply to Kaitlin, @AudreyFld - Meadow - Kaitlin 6

Wow! Such a powerful letter. Gives Kaitlin some reasons to look at her situation a little differently. Gonna need to read it several times!
  • Options
    GilplumGilplum Posts: 36 Member
    Dove Singer is looking for pen pals too now! I've posted her full application on Wordpress (blog name InsaneSims), but the out-of-story stuff is here:
    Dove is an Alien currently outposted in San Myshuno, working at FutureSim labs. Her job is, among other things, to collect genetic and environmental information. While she's not going to say so, she will be collecting information from her pen pals to further her research.
    Dove also has some troubles ahead in life- her interests ARE going to change from the purely scientific. I look forward to seeing who she'll meet!

Is Dove still open for a PenPal? My sim, Marisol, also lives in San Myshuno, but she's so busy with school right now all she does is travel to school and home (oops) I just think it would be a good idea because Marisol is in the grieving stages of having lost her parents to a fire just before she moved, and Dove could use that for her research with Humans maybe? And i'ts okay if she's already got somebody, just asking :)
    Gplums blog
    "ever had a Plum?" "There is NO need for such language!"
  • Options
    Gilplum wrote: »
    Dove Singer is looking for pen pals too now! I've posted her full application on Wordpress (blog name InsaneSims), but the out-of-story stuff is here:
    Dove is an Alien currently outposted in San Myshuno, working at FutureSim labs. Her job is, among other things, to collect genetic and environmental information. While she's not going to say so, she will be collecting information from her pen pals to further her research.
    Dove also has some troubles ahead in life- her interests ARE going to change from the purely scientific. I look forward to seeing who she'll meet!

Is Dove still open for a PenPal? My sim, Marisol, also lives in San Myshuno, but she's so busy with school right now all she does is travel to school and home (oops) I just think it would be a good idea because Marisol is in the grieving stages of having lost her parents to a fire just before she moved, and Dove could use that for her research with Humans maybe? And i'ts okay if she's already got somebody, just asking :)

Sure! Dove would love another pen pal!
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    @Xantheanmar Awesome! I'll write Marisol's PenPal application now :)
    Gplums blog
  • Options
    @Xantheanmar Here is Marisol's profile
    Gplums blog
  • Options
    Gilplum wrote: »
    @Xantheanmar Here is Marisol's profile

Would you like to start or should I?
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    @Xantheanmar Could you? I'm trying to get my game up again for screenshots of her for the next chapter of TK and my computer freezes up when I've got Sims AND the internet up
    Gplums blog