Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Pen Pal Project - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    My current list of where I stand.

Liam - Has written to Jasper
    Liam - Has written to Emily
    Lenora - Owes a letter to Meadow
    Lenora - Has written to Emily
    Lenora - Has written to Caleb
    Mathilda - Owes a letter to Giuliana
    Alina - Has written to Jasper
    Alina - Owes a letter to Lyndsay
    Gentian - Has written to Emily
    Gentian - Owes a letter to Caleb
    Tara - Owes first letter to Lori
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    @Thymeless I finally had some time in game today after an exhausting weekend! Enough time to get the screenshots for Sienna's third letter to Lori! It was fun to be in that save again after a brief break. Hope you enjoy the letter.
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @ny275 ahhhhhh YAY! Thank you! <3 I hope you can relax a bit, now :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @CathyTea _ Hey! I am back and here is Kaitlin's response to Meadow - Kaitlin to Meadow - 4
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Daniella's next letter to Sienna should post this week, I just have to make sure it lines up with what's going on in my neighborhood rotation.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @CathyTea _ Hey! I am back and here is Kaitlin's response to Meadow - Kaitlin to Meadow - 4

Aw, I love this letter, @AudreyFld ! :) Kaitlin is so awesome.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Daniella's next letter to Sienna should post this week, I just have to make sure it lines up with what's going on in my neighborhood rotation.

Great! Can't wait! :)
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    https://insanesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/planting-seeds/ is up with Kiana's next letter! She's not doing so hot...
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @CathyTea - Well my only pen pal @Kelebek has decided to take a break, so I guess that is it for the trials and tribulations of Beau Webb. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. No worries, though, I am working on another challenge and that is keeping me pretty busy. Thanks for letting me be a part of this :)
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @CathyTea - Well my only pen pal @Kelebek has decided to take a break, so I guess that is it for the trials and tribulations of Beau Webb. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. No worries, though, I am working on another challenge and that is keeping me pretty busy. Thanks for letting me be a part of this :)

Noooo! *wonders if she can help find another penpal for Beau*
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    edited March 2017

@SoulGal7 If you'd like to keep Beau in the project, I'm sure we'll be able to find another pen pal for him! :)

It might take a little time, but if you're willing and able to wait, someone will come along for sure!

Anyone looking for another pen pal?

EDIT: Oh! Also! I just read Beau's latest letter, and seeing how he's come to depend on his pen pal, it could be really dramatic to have him not get replies! He could send out desperate letters wondering what's happened! Oh, the drama! (That would be a way that you could keep going with this while the next pen pal gets lined up for you...)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    ny275 wrote: »

Great! Can't wait! :)

The letter is finished! It will post on Friday a few hours after the neighborhood rotation post goes up.
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    @SoulGal7 - I know it was mentioned to have one of my witches be a pen pal to Beau but it never went anywhere. If that is something you are interested in, let me know and we can do something. :)
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    @CathyTea

Well, I finally got started on writing Mel's response letter to Norman. I'd say she's taken so long because she's often occupied with taking care of two young boys, is all.

Once I get screenshots, her letter should be up in a couple of days.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »

Thanks. In an upcoming chapter of my story I casually mention that she was corresponding to an online pen pal. :)
  • Options
    I could send some letters to Beau. Dove is doing okay enough, I think she could handle the SOS.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    I could send some letters to Beau. Dove is doing okay enough, I think she could handle the SOS.

@SoulGal7 Hiya! Are you up for this suggestion? It sounds awesome to me! I can really see some neat correspondences between Dove and Beau!

• Options
    rednenemon wrote: »
    @CathyTea

Well, I finally got started on writing Mel's response letter to Norman. I'd say she's taken so long because she's often occupied with taking care of two young boys, is all.

Once I get screenshots, her letter should be up in a couple of days.

Cool! I seem to be behind on letters and also in need of resting my mind in the evenings, so I'm not in a hurry! But I am very happy that Mel has a response! We weren't sure, since she said it depended on Norm's answer to her question, and Norm is always worried he will say the wrong thing (since he often does! :D )

CathyTea wrote: »

Thanks. In an upcoming chapter of my story I casually mention that she was corresponding to an online pen pal. :)

Oh! That's cool! I think it would be fun to have the pen pals be people from an ongoing story, like you're doing. All of my participants have their stories told only through the letters, which also is neat, in its own way!

• Options
    @CathyTea & @Xantheanmar - I am going to think about things. I was actually thinking of starting the Post-Apocalypse Challenge or Time Traveller challenge with Beau...but have to re-read those challenges to see if it would work out. Will let you know. Thanks so much :smile:
  • Options
    MedleyMistyMedleyMisty Posts: 1,188 Member
    @CathyTea & @Xantheanmar - I am going to think about things. I was actually thinking of starting the Post-Apocalypse Challenge or Time Traveller challenge with Beau...but have to re-read those challenges to see if it would work out. Will let you know. Thanks so much :smile:

I want to keep reading about Beau, whatever you do with him.
    Sometimes the darkness and I tell stories.
  • Options
    Dove is a scientist too, and her lab is unsecretly (to the staff) run by aliens like her, meaning that they are some of the only people with access to portal tech. Dove would surely be happy to correspond with a fellow scientist, even one in need.
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    Here is Jasper's latest letter to Liam! Jasper - Liam 4

@sweetnightingale

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Daniella's letter to Sienna just posted! I wish I could see Sienna's face when she reads her letter.
    03-25-17_12-58-53c2a0am.png
    03-25-17_2-00-07c2a0am.png
  • Options
    @CathyTea & @Xantheanmar - you know, I was looking back to when I first started, and Dove had been someone who I thought could help me. I am a bit busy this weekend, but I will write a kind of "bleak and desolate" chapter for Beau. I have some thoughts that I have written down on how I am going to do this. I like to keep things up-beat, but I think this will tie-in nicely with you then receiving my message. Yes, my SOS message could have been floating in space and you just now receive it.

I am also going to read the challenge rules for those 2 challenges I mentioned and see if I can't somehow combine the pen pal project and those challenges.

@MedleyMisty -thank you for wanting to keep me in the Pen Pal project. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! lol

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support!
  • Options
    @CathyTea & @Xantheanmar - you know, I was looking back to when I first started, and Dove had been someone who I thought could help me. I am a bit busy this weekend, but I will write a kind of "bleak and desolate" chapter for Beau. I have some thoughts that I have written down on how I am going to do this. I like to keep things up-beat, but I think this will tie-in nicely with you then receiving my message. Yes, my SOS message could have been floating in space and you just now receive it.

I am also going to read the challenge rules for those 2 challenges I mentioned and see if I can't somehow combine the pen pal project and those challenges.

@MedleyMisty -thank you for wanting to keep me in the Pen Pal project. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy! lol

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support!

Yay! :) So glad that you're sticking with it! We love Beau! :)

Also, it's really cool to have the theme of being abandoned--even by a pen pal--in this story, since it's already sort of there with the SOS.

I know from experience what an awesome pen pal Dove is! :D

There are a few folks who are combining the pen pal project with challenge stories-- @AllieMac is one, so I'm sure she can share tips. And many people have neighborhood rotations or on-going stories that work with the pen pal project, so it seems like it can work really well!

Super glad we get to read more about Beau's adventures!