Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think should be the next big update?

Im astonished that toddlers came out. I was one of the naysayers. Im very pleased that they actually added them, im in shock. Shows that they really are listening.

On the other side, personally, i have never cared for toddlers. So this hasnt changed my game in any respect. What this has shown is that EA is listening.

What do you think should be the next big update?

For me, its an overhaul on sims personality. That is the main reason i cannot enjoy this game.

If we had more trait slots, a personality point system, more interactions - a deeper personality, I could start praising this game.

I see some people wishing for change on build mode or the addition of cars -what do you think should be the next project?
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Terrain editing, Open World, neighbourhood editing and a CAW tool :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

I forgot to mention neighbourhood editing too. I really enjoyed creating my own neighborhoods in TS2

• Options
    Felicia1990Felicia1990 Posts: 248 Member
    PETS PETS PETS! SEASONS SEASONS SEASONS!
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Since trait overhaul was already mentioned...I'd like some new build tools please...
    Octagonal roofs, an actual mansard roof tool...maybe an autoroof feature.
    Better split level capabilities.
    Spiral and L-shaped stairs.
    Rounded walls (with rounded-base roof.)
    The dimensions shown as we build a wall so I don't have to count and lose count while building more wall.
    2 story windows and doors would be cool to have back.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    manda9801manda9801 Posts: 190 Member

We can only dream.... :smile:
    Kevin VanOrd of Gamespot gave this game a 6/10. Despite praising the visuals, audio, and the new multi-tasking and moods system, he states that he misses the 2 main features of The Sims 3: "Create-a-Style" and the open world. His conclusion is "The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists"
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Color wheel would be nice! :) I miss being able to custom color things.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    zeppelin123zeppelin123 Posts: 864 Member
    ability to swim in lakes or oceans or cars.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member

Since trait overhaul was already mentioned...I'd like some new build tools please...
    The dimensions shown as we build a wall so I don't have to count and lose count while building more wall.

I feel like this is a realistic request, on the other hand let's be real, I don't think we'll be getting any new fancy personality overhaul, or open world, or world editing, or a Create a World Tool. Personally I don't see any issues with the personality system except for sometimes the emotion system overtakes the traits you have selected for your sims. In my opinion the traits in TS4 work better than in TS3. I feel like in TS3 a lot of the traits we got really had a minor effect on the sim, a lot of the traits in TS3 really ever did was give your sim a moodlet when something happened, or gave them a few different interactions other sims without the trait don't have. While in TS4 the traits, at least in my opinion, really have a greater effect on the sims. For example, I love how insane sims autonomously talk to furniture, or do a wild animation, or hiss at something, while at the same time get these mood swings just because they're insane, or athletic sims will autonomously do push ups, or get energized because they have that trait, which results in building the athletic skill faster, and then get tense if they go a certain period of time without working out. Sure there are still those traits in TS4 that have those minor effects, like the bro trait, never really played around with it too much but all I see it doing is give positive moodlets when around other bros, but for the most part I feel like the traits really do give my sims there own personality. One thing that does annoy me though is when sims be friendly with each other, or have certain interaction be successful, even though they don't like each other, you would expect it to be harder to build a relationship back up after having it become negative in the first place.

All in all I really like how the traits, the emotions, the skills, and the interactions are all very connected. A Romantic sim will often become flirty, unlocking flirty specific interactions, which will result in more successful flirty interactions with other sims, which builds the romantic bar quicker, meaning you can impregnate the whole town easier than ever. Or a foodie sim will become inspired more often, which leads to building the cooking skill faster, meaning better quality food, and when they eat normal quality food they become uncomfortable, these traits can either make yours sims lives really easy, or really difficult, depending on how you choose to play. At the end of the day your opinion is your opinion, I just personally don't see why some people complain about the sims personalities in TS4.
  • Options
    aelias24aelias24 Posts: 220 Member
    Preteens
    Real Life Is Never As Interesting As the SimswIiJK39.jpg
  • Options
    Selena_SouleSelena_Soule Posts: 438 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

I feel like this is a realistic request, on the other hand let's be real, I don't think we'll be getting any new fancy personality overhaul, or open world, or world editing, or a Create a World Tool. Personally I don't see any issues with the personality system except for sometimes the emotion system overtakes the traits you have selected for your sims. In my opinion the traits in TS4 work better than in TS3. I feel like in TS3 a lot of the traits we got really had a minor effect on the sim, a lot of the traits in TS3 really ever did was give your sim a moodlet when something happened, or gave them a few different interactions other sims without the trait don't have. While in TS4 the traits, at least in my opinion, really have a greater effect on the sims. For example, I love how insane sims autonomously talk to furniture, or do a wild animation, or hiss at something, while at the same time get these mood swings just because they're insane, or athletic sims will autonomously do push ups, or get energized because they have that trait, which results in building the athletic skill faster, and then get tense if they go a certain period of time without working out. Sure there are still those traits in TS4 that have those minor effects, like the bro trait, never really played around with it too much but all I see it doing is give positive moodlets when around other bros, but for the most part I feel like the traits really do give my sims there own personality. One thing that does annoy me though is when sims be friendly with each other, or have certain interaction be successful, even though they don't like each other, you would expect it to be harder to build a relationship back up after having it become negative in the first place.

All in all I really like how the traits, the emotions, the skills, and the interactions are all very connected. A Romantic sim will often become flirty, unlocking flirty specific interactions, which will result in more successful flirty interactions with other sims, which builds the romantic bar quicker, meaning you can impregnate the whole town easier than ever. Or a foodie sim will become inspired more often, which leads to building the cooking skill faster, meaning better quality food, and when they eat normal quality food they become uncomfortable, these traits can either make yours sims lives really easy, or really difficult, depending on how you choose to play. At the end of the day your opinion is your opinion, I just personally don't see why some people complain about the sims personalities in TS4.

the problem is that some of the traits in sims 4 do work.. like athletic and insane... but most of them do almost nothing but have a chance to get a moodlet that is easily overridden so basically does nothing.

like ive seen good sims do mean interactions to people... and mean/evil sims talk nicely and never get into fights with my sims unless i force it to happen.
  • Options
    FiestyKatnissFiestyKatniss Posts: 84 Member
    ability to swim in lakes or oceans or cars.

Swim in cars??? LOL just joking, I know what you mean :) couldn't resist!
  • Options
    HopeTahHopeTah Posts: 144 Member
    I want seasons badly - it really helps show that time is passing by for the sims. As it is, the game just looks the same day in day out.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Shorter and/or more developed teens.

Zodiacs.

DLCwise, pets.
  • Options
    filipomel wrote: »

I feel like this is a realistic request, on the other hand let's be real, I don't think we'll be getting any new fancy personality overhaul, or open world, or world editing, or a Create a World Tool. At the end of the day your opinion is your opinion, I just personally don't see why some people complain about the sims personalities in TS4.

Well the gender patch and even this is a pretty big addition, I don't see why they cant make other adjustments. I feel like the personality system is very flawed. Emotions outweigh everything. The traits work fine enough for me, but I don't like that there's only 3, and I wish we had more to choose from. Not only that, I want a personality-point system back, Sims 2 personalities were a lot more ingrained imo.

If we had some fusion of Sims 2-4, 5 (or more) traits, personality points, the emotions - we would have such complex characters. And if we also had turn ons, turn offs and interests back? They'd be so dynamic.

• Options
    HopeTah wrote: »
    I want seasons badly - it really helps show that time is passing by for the sims. As it is, the game just looks the same day in day out.
    I've never played an installment with seasons but it does seem like it would be quite fun to have.

• Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Weather. Yes I am dreaming of snow and ice in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    More traits or a more fleshed out personality system. Something akin to an attraction system. Weather/seasons. Swimming. And more unique things for teens.

There are a few more major ideas I have (mainly really wanting to see something like the WA from Sims 3 again with martial arts and more quest-y adventure kind of opportunities). But for another time.
  • Options
    mkryanmkryan Posts: 172 Member
    Hmm... I'm not sure any of my biggest problems with the game will realistically be fixed. Mostly I feel like the traits are too shallow and emotions too easily override things-- like I was trying to play a family where the dad and daughter hated each other and fought a lot, but even though they were at the most red of hating each other, if they were in a happy mood (which they always were because of the nicely decorated house), then they'd IMMEDIATELY start chatting normally as if they were good friends.

I just don't feel like there's really enough to do, as well. I find myself thinking, "uhhhh... now what?" a lot. Whereas there was ALWAYS something new for me to try out in TS3 and 2. This is something that could be fixed by more expansions and game packs, I suppose.

As for a next big free update? Well, a color wheel would be sweet, but seems unlikely. So far most of them have been a complete surprise to me (well, toddlers weren't all that surprising), like the gender update and the lot trait system (which I diiiig and still feel is underutilized. Exploit that ASAP, dudes!). So it's hard to guess. Uhhh... I'd say a firefighter/police/burglar update seems really doable and fun. Or a "self employment" career type?
    Let's be friends! My Origin name is musikitty :p
  • Options
    gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I would like to see a big NPC update with firemen, police and burglars. I miss having burglars come to my sims house :disappointed:
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• Options
    mkryan wrote: »
    Uhhh... I'd say a firefighter/police/burglar update seems really doable and fun. Or a "self employment" career type?

A color wheel seems the most plausible to me. As for self-employment, there is already writing, fishing, gardening, art etc- what did you have in mind?

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    ^ police/burglar update would be great. Especially with break ins and if they could allow played criminal sims to be actually able to break into houses and steal stuff. And there be an actual prison.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I would like to see a big NPC update with firemen, police and burglars. I miss having burglars come to my sims house :disappointed:

If they added the freighting music from Sims 1 & 2, I'd be very pleased.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=4Il5aZhYy8E

This used to terrify me. Especially as a child.

• Options
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    ^ police/burglar update would be great. Especially with break ins and if they could allow played criminal sims to be actually able to break into houses and steal stuff. And there be an actual prison.

I'd like to be able to be a burglar. There is the klepto trait, but I want my sim to be arrested. Im not sure if this is already possible in the career EP.

• Options
    mkryanmkryan Posts: 172 Member
    Uhhh... I'd say a firefighter/police/burglar update seems really doable and fun. Or a "self employment" career type?

A color wheel seems the most plausible to me. As for self-employment, there is already writing, fishing, gardening, art etc- what did you have in mind?

I was thinking like the self-employment "career" in Sims 3 where you would be officially "employed" as a freelance fisherman, gardener, writer, etc. Other sims would recognize you as being a Sculptor or Painter instead of unemployed. It would also track how much money you made and give you new little titles and such so that you could feel like you were progressing as you would with a normal career.
    Let's be friends! My Origin name is musikitty :p
  • Options

I was thinking like the self-employment "career" in Sims 3 where you would be officially "employed" as a freelance fisherman, gardener, writer, etc. Other sims would recognize you as being a Sculptor or Painter instead of unemployed. It would also track how much money you made and give you new little titles and such so that you could feel like you were progressing as you would with a normal career.

Ah, I see.