Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Many many mods are broken after the toddler update

I'm currently trying to investigate which mods are broken. I'll list all of the broken mods here.
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited January 2017
    More Cas Columns and More Color Swatches is broken. It causes Cas UI disappear.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I haven't finished downloading the patch but I'm almost sure my More Clubs per Sims is broken since it's a UI mod.
  • Options
    UI cheats extension doesn't seem to be broken, which is surprising.

• Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member

It is for me... v1.7 - in CAS, nothing works :(
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    aldavor wrote: »

@aldavor Do you also have more columns or more swatches, or stand still in cas?

• Options
    aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited January 2017
    aldavor wrote: »

@aldavor Do you also have more columns or more swatches, or stand still in cas?

No, I have none of those... the only other CAS-affected mod I have is MC, and if I exclude UI cheat extension on its own, it works fine. Weird...

ETA I should say that MC works great so far...
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • Options
    WinterKhirinWinterKhirin Posts: 248 Member
    Same here. The UI is whats not working. MC is working just fine. So are my other mods/cc.
    Owlenmoon is the house which most values creativity and wisdom. They're intellectual and introspective, and can find poetry in situations that may appear irrelevant to others. They're also good at making things more complicated than what they're supposed to be.

• Options
    Okay. I just tested it again. And UI extension is indeed responsible for glitched CAS.

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Ui cheats definitely doesn't work, just tested it. Hope the creator updates it soon. I'm not surprised that's its broken tho
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    kimkartrashiankimkartrashian Posts: 1 New Member
    UI Cheats Extension and More CAS Columns has been updated for the patch :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Parts of MCCC are broken but it's really not clear from the discussion over at MTS which parts. It might be only the Pregnancy module. I've just taken everything out and am playing a save that the only thing I mod for is no aliens/ghosts/knights/bears. Worst that happens is someone gets abducted :)@Deaderpool has posted so it'll get updated when he can.

UI Cheats Extension and More CAS Columns has been updated for the patch :)

Epic fast!
    I'm currently trying to investigate which mods are broken. I'll list all of the broken mods here.

And thank you :) So far it doesn't seem all that bad!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Neia wrote: »
    I haven't finished downloading the patch but I'm almost sure my More Clubs per Sims is broken since it's a UI mod.

I see your update :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    barraakenobarraakeno Posts: 489 Member
    Yep, I knew it was going to happen. :/
    Brazilian guy here, so my English is not that good.

fB7mWIn.gif
    Spinning toilets confurm3d!!!!11!!1!1!!!!11!
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Neia wrote: »

I see your update :)

Yes, I've finished updating all the mods I've uploaded on MTS (More Clubs per Sim, all three careers, No Brain Freeze, Less Success for Try for Baby)
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I'm glad ui cheats have been updated. That's very quick. I'll download it when I'm next on computer tomorrow
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    Also reported elsewhere as broken:
    - share beds with anyone
    - robot sim
    - Stand Still in CAS
    - Call Anytime
    - Gains (not sure what this one is)
    - Simulation Lag Fix

And also Wrench Hider is updated
  • Options
    RomireRomire Posts: 2,418 Member
    Several mods from Mod the Sims page are down as well
    Romire - Australian Gamer
    An Nurodirvgent player from the land downunder.
  • Options
    RacroesRacroesRacroesRacroes Posts: 5 New Member
    Is anyone else having a kind of extremely problematic bug, where all the males are deleted, and it crashes while loading the house? Any idea what mod could be that powerful to mess up so badly?
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    How about CC? Some larger former patches would break CC or make odd issues appear with clothing for example in the past. Anybody seen anything like this yet?
  • Options
    ClaimingTheFifthClaimingTheFifth Posts: 417 Member
    @TOLKIEN I agree and have been looking for a posting ala past patches listing the possible problems with the toddler patch. There almost HAS to be some.... :/
    That light at the end of the tunnel? It's a train.
    The five-second rule does not apply when you have a two-second dog.
  • Options
    joleacojoleaco Posts: 2,250 Member
    Is anyone else having a kind of extremely problematic bug, where all the males are deleted, and it crashes while loading the house? Any idea what mod could be that powerful to mess up so badly?

I have seen a post where someone mentioned that family members had disappeared, not sure if they were only male though. That sounds huge.
    YmWXbP5.jpg?1
  • Options

No idea, but I HIGHLY recommend not playing with any mod that hasn't been confirmed as working by its creator at the moment.
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    How about CC? Some larger former patches would break CC or make odd issues appear with clothing for example in the past. Anybody seen anything like this yet?

I haven't seen any specific CC mentioned yet at all, oddly enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see some issues with skins, at least, and maybe with other kinds of facial overlays or eyes or ear shapes, given that some Vampires-update code might already be included here.
  • Options

No idea, but I HIGHLY recommend not playing with any mod that hasn't been confirmed as working by its creator at the moment.

I haven't seen any specific CC mentioned yet at all, oddly enough. I wouldn't be surprised to see some issues with skins, at least, and maybe with other kinds of facial overlays or eyes or ear shapes, given that some Vampires-update code might already be included here.

I have a lot of skins, skin tones, and a default skin replacement. They all work as intended.

• Options

Here's the gag- I have SEVERAL mods and I have no clue what to uninstall and what to keep.
  • Options

Here's the gag- I have SEVERAL mods and I have no clue what to uninstall and what to keep.
    I'm sure there's a button to turn them off, but I have no clue what it is