Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will it ever bee The Sims 5..?;-)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Yes, I do understand. I've been playing since the series released, ts1, but just like everything in this world, things change. I'm not saying that I am adored and love every aspect of ts4, but it is what it is. I don't agree with the vision of the devs, and how this game was constructed, but I can't request for something in the future knowing it's going to be these same people doing it. Imagine how ts5 would be... I can't request for something when the previous version isn't done yet. I know this game could be better. I LOVED ts2, the animations and interactions were timeless. I loved the sinister stories. Ts3 was great too, but it was glitch and laggy. I played hours upon hours without getting bored, but my game crashed so many times I was dishearted. Ts4 honestly disappointed me, but as I expanded with the packs, I've started seeing potential. My problem is that I shouldn't have to buy expansion to like a game, it should have already been liked from the base, but with all the necessary patches, mods and packs that I had to get to make this game enjoyable, doesn't make me want to see a ts5 or even consider it. I feel like ts4 should just be the end and that's it. The way they just up and left Ts3 island paradise for ts4 and the result of this makes me doubt ts5 would ever be better.

Since the next generation of Sims has always begun before the wrap up of the current, if everyone waits until the door shuts on 4 before they start sharing their hopes and wishes for 5 then it may well be too late as the direction of the game would already be at least roughly determined. Now over two years into 4 I can't imagine they haven't begun some rudimentary mapping out of 5.

Yeah, I know that Rachel said they're going to continue to add content to this game until it no longer makes sense, that doesn't necessarily mean the game is going to last any longer than the previous ones. Maybe it will stop making sense after four years, instead of dragging on for the next six years or so.

Your doubt that 5 will be any better is one that I and many others share but if we don't at least try to let them know what is wanted and hoped for, the chances of seeing such things becomes much, much smaller.
    Let them know what makes you happy, let them know what you want to see more of, let them know how much certain decisions have negatively affected your appreciation of the game. Just, let them know. Now is a good time. After they've all but wrapped up 5 is not such a good time.
    Why are people so concerned about ts5? TS4 isn't even done yet and for all those who are bored and complaining, what makes you think that ts5 would ease your pain and be any better? Because I guarantee if they did make a ts5 and released it there would just as much complaining about ts5 as there was for TS4 and probably by the same people. Take a hint: it's time to move on...stop playing, stop complaining and move on.

So that last bolded bit there? I hope the dissatisfied do not give up, move on and stop complaining. I don't want them to shut their mouths and go away and it's a bit rude to suggest they do. We all want what is best for the game, we all want to love and enjoy the game.
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    edited January 2017
    aricarai wrote: »
    Why are people so concerned about ts5? TS4 isn't even done yet and for all those who are bored and complaining, what makes you think that ts5 would ease your pain and be any better? Because I guarantee if they did make a ts5 and released it there would just as much complaining about ts5 as there was for TS4 and probably by the same people. Take a hint: it's time to move on...stop playing, stop complaining and move on.

Have you ever liked something so much that all you wanted was for it to be better because you know deep down that it can be better? I think that's how a lot of people are feeling about the current state of the Sims franchise.

Yes, I do understand. I've been playing since the series released, ts1, but just like everything in this world, things change.

I've been playing since TS1 as well and yes I understand that things change, most of which has been progressive in this series until now, IMHO.
    I'm not saying that I am adored and love every aspect of ts4, but it is what it is. I don't agree with the vision of the devs, and how this game was constructed, but I can't request for something in the future knowing it's going to be these same people doing it.

I'm not sure I fully understand this point. Why are you happy with mediocrity? Why not make your voice heard about what you're unhappy with? If I'm spending hard-earned money on something that I love/loved previously and it wasn't up to scratch, you better believe that I'm going to raise my voice in hopes of an improvement.

If you mean the same people as in EA, I s'pose that's understandable; a lot of people seem to be frustrated with them as a company, but we have no idea what devs will be working on the future iterations.
    Imagine how ts5 would be... I can't request for something when the previous version isn't done yet. I know this game could be better. I LOVED ts2, the animations and interactions were timeless. I loved the sinister stories. Ts3 was great too, but it was glitch and laggy. I played hours upon hours without getting bored, but my game crashed so many times I was dishearted.

As @Jessa_Dakkar stated, if Simmers don't make suggestions, give feedback about what they like, miss, would like added, etc how will the game be improved upon? A lot of people know that this game can get better and that's why they give feedback.
    Ts4 honestly disappointed me, but as I expanded with the packs, I've started seeing potential. My problem is that I shouldn't have to buy expansion to like a game, it should have already been liked from the base, but with all the necessary patches, mods and packs that I had to get to make this game enjoyable, doesn't make me want to see a ts5 or even consider it.

Couldn't agree with you more on the bolded part. I think base games should be stable from the beginning and expansions should do what they say and EXPAND on the core base.
    I feel like ts4 should just be the end and that's it. The way they just up and left Ts3 island paradise for ts4 and the result of this makes me doubt ts5 would ever be better.

You're right, they didn't fix the bugs and have, in the past, relied heavily on the modding community to pick up the slack and no you're right, it shouldn't be like that.

But just imagine, just for a second, how good the game could be with all the technology advances that have been made since TS3 was released in 2008 or even since the series was released in 2000. The possibilities are endless and because of this, Simmers should continue to voice their opinions and give feedback in hopes and with faith that they will be heard.

Post edited by aricarai on
  • Options
    Painterroy58Painterroy58 Posts: 136 Member
    Devinale wrote: »
    I feel the same OP!

Although at this point I don't know if I want a TS5, since I think they did poorly with TS4.
    There is too much missing, and every sim is the same whatever traits they have. They have the same whishes and whims.
    The emotions don't work the way they should. Left alone they drink water, or talk to eachother unless there is some fancy item, then they might use that... This is just some of the things that annoy me though :p

Actually the Sims 4 has sold over 5 million copies (tho a million less then 2 & 3), but everyone still jumps on and buys the expansion packs and stuff packs, and is still the best selling PC game of 2015 and 2016. So yes they will continue it as theres a huge fan base that will keep it going.
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    I don't want a Sims 5 with the direction Ea is taking. I have higher expectations for this game. If we get a Sims 5 a lot needs to change.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    baddazonerbaddazoner Posts: 573 Member
    hopefully they don't go the route of close worlds for sims 5

this game is too limited
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I adore the Sims 4 and it definitely has a couple more solid years left in it but I think Sims 5 will be awesome once it comes
  • Options
    KariussaKariussa Posts: 968 Member
    edited January 2017
    hm..I just miss the *good times* when I enjoy playing sims 2 and 3 so much that I was sitting up all night playing,made stories,had fun, the sims made me laugh , the unexpected happened in the game, suddenly a meteor came,or the sims did something stupid, it was almost like the stories just happened by it self.I had my favorite sims ,and think they where unique, in look and behavior, and you never knew what they would do,it was so many traits to choose among already from the start when you created them, they where just lovable !! :-)

I have really tried with the sims 4 , created and played, but it seems like I can't feel the same *personal* relationship with these sims, no matter what.Thought more expansions or packs would help, but it just give some different things to do,it still feel kind of *empty*. So if they make a sim 5, where the sims have some *soul*, open world and story progression, then I buy it!;-)
  • Options
    WatcherXXWatcherXX Posts: 356 Member
    Kariussa wrote: »
    hm..I just miss the *good times* when I enjoy playing sims 2 and 3 so much that I was sitting up all night playing,made stories,had fun, the sims made me laugh , the unexpected happened in the game, suddenly a meteor came,or the sims did something plum, it was almost like the stories just happened by it self.I had my favorite sims ,and think they where unique, in look and behavior, and you never knew what they would do,it was so many traits to choose among already from the start when you created them, they where just lovable !! :-)

have really tried with the sims 4 , created and played, but it seems like I can't feel the same *personal* relationship with these sims, no matter what.Thought more expansions or packs would help, but it just give some different things to do,it still feel kind of *empty*. So if they make a sim 5, where the sims have some *soul*, open world and story progression, then I buy it!;-)I

I completely get this.. it just feels like wash rinse repeat, after awhile.. Homefully when the sims 5 rolls around, it will be diffent, though. I don't think the powers that be will listen. So I guess time will tell.

• Options
    TrondessonTrondesson Posts: 113 Member
    edited January 2017
    So that last bolded bit there? I hope the dissatisfied do not give up, move on and stop complaining. I don't want them to shut their mouths and go away and it's a bit rude to suggest they do. We all want what is best for the game, we all want to love and enjoy the game.
    Are you absolutely certain it's the best for the game you want instead of for the way you are playing it? If they listen to too many players' suggestions, TS5 will be just as botched up as TS4.
    XXX
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Harrison wrote: »
    Stdlr9 wrote: »
    I hope TS5 will be a complete reboot of the series. Start over and take the best of TS2 and TS3 (and the best of TS4 if there is anything; I think it's horrible), don't release it with a ton of bugs you have no intention of fixing, include features like weather, seasons, supernaturals, and pets in the base game, have tons of toggles and options. There would still be plenty of new things for expansion packs. The old model doesn't work any more, releasing a bare bones games and making customers pay out the nose for five years to get features they want. It's not 1999 any more, EA.

Except your forgetting that sims 4 was a reboot too.

No, I mean a complete reboot, like the way the Tomb Raider series was restarted. TS4 was a pathetic sequel with worse graphics than Candy Crush and less strategy than Pong.
  • Options
    Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    Devinale wrote: »
    I feel the same OP!

Although at this point I don't know if I want a TS5, since I think they did poorly with TS4.
    There is too much missing, and every sim is the same whatever traits they have. They have the same whishes and whims.
    The emotions don't work the way they should. Left alone they drink water, or talk to eachother unless there is some fancy item, then they might use that... This is just some of the things that annoy me though :p

Actually the Sims 4 has sold over 5 million copies (tho a million less then 2 & 3), but everyone still jumps on and buys the expansion packs and stuff packs, and is still the best selling PC game of 2015 and 2016. So yes they will continue it as theres a huge fan base that will keep it going.

Official sales figures have never been released, so people who quote actual numbers are guessing. In some cases they're taking a Tweet that referred to 5 million Woohoos and running with it. So a child's game like TS4 outsold Overwatch, GTA, etc.? I don't think so.
  • Options
    TinkerbellLoverTinkerbellLover Posts: 32 Member
    Not ready for new sims yet! Want Sims 4 to finish out first!
  • Options
    VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    Can only cross your fingers and hope the sims 4 doesn't flop <3
  • Options
    VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    I hope this is the year the sims 4 gets its TLC it needs and becomes the game so many strive for
  • Options
    Breanadriscoll12Breanadriscoll12 Posts: 10 New Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    What I really want in sims 5 is a story driven game, with more real life drama and consequences, not always happy utppian world...

Imagine if you sims can get ill, I mean like really ill ,say terminal cancer and the family have to deal with it. Or elderly sim can develop dementia.

Imagine if you sims can be fired and find no job. And his dodgy friend will temp him into some illegal activities like robbing a bank, and he can get caught and put into jail.

Or imagine the story engine will create commedy situations between a group of sims which will make you laugh so hard like you are watching a good sitcom.

Basically a true drama simulation which will dynamically create different significant life situations, putting players in different situations, making decisions with real consequences. Players will laugh, cry, feel angry etc while playing it.

Oh well maybe sims 10.

That's actually a really interesting idea if they opt for a reboot... My idea for the next sims also has these dynamic situations that feel more organic and real... Feeling more immersed and connected to your sims would be a nice approach.

That would be really cool, especially if they decided to make it rated M, because 4 almost was, so they had to take the woohoo skill out.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited January 2017
    I don't know about you but I would be so upset if they stopped the sims 4 now and didn't even add in pets, seasons, university etc. :D
    Edit: I know there are some people that want the sims series to end at 4 but I wouldn't mind if it went up to 5 and then ended. I don't know 5 just seems like a good place to stop.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    They need to improve TS4 first before they ditch it
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    LGBTincLGBTinc Posts: 41 Member
    There will be, but probably not any time soon since TS4 is a smash success and will be milked until it stops squirting gold from its udders.

Oh god that comment was funny
    sims-baby.jpg
  • Options
    MangAnimeJeMangAnimeJe Posts: 563 Member
    For some reason I can't enjoy Sims 4 as much as I enjoyed the other ones, so I have high hopes for a future Sims 5. My dream Sims would still be Sims 2 and Sims 3 somewhat combined, but hey, what can you do...
    At least I like the Sims in Sims 4 more than the others.