Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Latoya and Brielle. (Chapter Sixteen: A Drunken Mistake 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    thejenniferthejennifer Posts: 724 Member
    edited April 2017
    Unfortunately, I can't get a chapter out tonight, but it will be out by Tuesday! Here are some teasers.

aHC1hDm.png

zUPAJk6.png

Cn9ntMn.png

vOLYA7Z.png

E1eJ0fU.png

Re6hTVO.png

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Chapter Fourteen: Loss
    **This chapter is told in Simone's POV**

GrGX59j.png

anAfqtZ.png

8l0QUtJ.png
    It had been the first morning of our camping trip. Little did we know it would be the last. I decided to stay back and relax, while the rest of you went out for a morning hike. My morning sickness was getting the best of me, and I didn't want the others to see me like that. It was quiet,
    but not uneasy. I felt at peace. Everything felt right.

jnET3yv.png

wrxQ22M.png
    "Simone!" You cried, out of breath. I sprung up from my seat as I heard your shaky voice, and as you drew near, I saw the tears streaming down your face. You'd only been gone for twenty minutes, there's no way something bad happened to someone in the group by then. "Did you get a call too?" He asked. The look of confusion on my face answered your question well enough. "Simone.." You breathed out shakily, my heart tearing in two at the way you spoke my name.

sSpJRHj.png

o8ukOYi.png
    Tears glistened on your cheek, and I did my best to wipe them away, but they continued to flow. "My mom..she's..she's gone. She died last night," You finally choked it out, and I knew Clara must of been a sobbing mess as well. I was at a loss for words. You didn't want pity from me, that much I knew. Instead, I hugged you close and kissed your tears away. That was the best I could offer you for now, before getting our gear into the car and heading home.

WWa3zbP.png

uesfBGz.png
    This wasn't an easy day for any of us. You could barely function that morning. I ended up styling your hair for you since you lacked motivation. The only thing bringing us the slightest of comfort was knowing that your mother passed peacefully in her sleep. I don't think you could've handled it if she had left us any other way. Harmony and I did most of the funeral planning; We wanted to keep you and Clara's minds off of it for now.

2hzT20t.png

TvqQRq3.png
    I knew there wasn't much I could do but let you know I was there. Pity from me or anyone else would only upset you, so I held onto you as we stepped up to the casket and looked over her. You look so much like her, and I know it killed you inside. You'd only see her in yourself any time you looked in the mirror. I leaned against you as you wiped the tears from your face, letting you get it out. Now or never, right? A few tears fell from my own eyes, but it was because I couldn't bear seeing you like this. This was the first time you had cried in front of me like so, and I wished to take all of your pain away. I'd do anything to see your smile again soon.

xjf5HT6.png

CknIo3h.png

7bgNl0A.png
    I was thankful when I got to see your smile moments later. You told me about a few memories you had with her, and we both let out soft laughs. I kissed your cheek a few moments later and wiped away your tears, before we headed out to watch the burial. You were trying your hardest to keep it together, to not break down like you just had- but as soon as I pulled you into a hug, all hell broke loose. Zylen had to help me keep you on your feet, you were a mess. But, I understood. Someday, I'll go through the same thing, and I know you'll be right by my side doing the same as I was.

gIdhFiS.png

hcj6sLQ.png
    Mornings after that were never the same. You were quieter than usual, but I think listening to me talk brought you comfort. At least, that's what I like to think. I'd lean against you and go on about how the baby was kicking, or tell you about my cravings. I never got more than an occasional grunt or chuckle from you, but it was something.

OuOm4S0.png

ktrFNbk.png

VuzfeGD.png
    Time went on. You slowly were returning to your usual self, and I tried my best to be what you needed me to be. Everyday was still a struggle, but I know you were trying your best for me too. That was all the encouragement I needed to keep trying my best as well.

l17kJbA.png

6p6GqCX.png
    I'll never forget the morning you finally were back to normal. We were making breakfast, and you pulled me close. I felt your lips press against my neck suddenly, and I couldn't help but grin widely. "You're the best," I heard you mumble against my skin, and I laughed as I walked away. "I know," I teased, crossing my arms and shrugging. I heard you laugh, and my heart felt warm. "Finally," I thought. We would be happy again; our baby would be here soon!

ds4Xndi.png

NgxET6J.png

ejMt68r.png

QDJA5B8.png

4cCAoYG.png
    I began to get my morning kisses once again, and now our baby did too. It warmed my heart as I saw how loving you were. You were going to be a great father, and nothing made me happier. I really was a lucky gal.

Now every morning, we had breakfast on the balcony. I had always appreciated how handsome you were, but seeing the early morning sun kiss your skin made my heart race. You looked like an angel, and I felt breathless in those moments. Could life get any better?

lOPONpL.png

rEKGaxW.png
    Yes, it could've. Life could've been much better. Life didn't have to do this to me- to us. I looked down at the blood on my under wear and covered my mouth so you wouldn't hear my sobs, but you did, and came running in. I wish you didn't. I looked at you as you glanced me over. You saw the tears on my face, and then the blood on my under wear.

KMVw2ZO.png

w0BAciU.png

S5FY37c.png
    Months of trying to help you be happy again was gone in an instant. You knew what was going on, and you just had to accept that we were going to lose our child, too. As you looked in the mirror, I saw the way you changed. You were done crying. You were angry, rather than disappointed. Somehow, I felt it was my fault. Something was wrong with my body. If it weren't for me, you'd be happy right now. This wouldn't have happened. I'm sorry, Damon.

Author's Note: Very very sad chapter. I'm sorry! I was in tears as I wrote this, if that makes any of you feel better. I promise you that it gets happier from here on. I hope you guys don't hate me now!

Post edited by thejennifer on
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    edited April 2017
    .... Gurl, how could you do this to me.

You even said, and I quote, 'just waiting for this dang baby to pop out'. AND THEN YOU KILLED IT LIKE YOU KILLED MY FEELINGS. ;_;

That aside, this was beautifully written. I hope Simone realized that it is not her fault that she miscarried and I hope Damon can move past his anger to help Simone through this, because they are going to need each other. :[
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    .... Gurl, how could you do this to me.

You even said, and I quote, 'just waiting for this dang baby to pop out'. AND THEN YOU KILLED IT LIKE YOU KILLED MY FEELINGS. ;_;

That aside, this was beautifully written. I hope Simone realized that it is not her fault that she miscarried and I hope Damon can move past his anger to help Simone through this, because they are going to need each other. :[

I'm so sorry. I needed that drama, okay! I'm laughing at your comment so hard, is that bad? Muahah.

Thank you so much though. I really like first person, I don't know if I should continue it for the rest of the series. Would it be confusing? As for Simone, don't worry. She's just overthinking. I'll leave it at that. ;)
  • Options

I'm so sorry. I needed that drama, okay! I'm laughing at your comment so hard, is that bad? Muahah.

Thank you so much though. I really like first person, I don't know if I should continue it for the rest of the series. Would it be confusing? As for Simone, don't worry. She's just overthinking. I'll leave it at that. ;)

Nah, it's fine. I laugh at comments all the time when bad things happen.

If you want to continue it in first person then you should. I wouldn't be confusing. :]
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options

Nah, it's fine. I laugh at comments all the time when bad things happen.

If you want to continue it in first person then you should. I wouldn't be confusing. :]

Hahaha, okay, good. I wanna make sure I'm not insane.

I think I will then. It was so much easier to write and I felt really comfortable. I feel like it adds way more emotion, too, if that makes sense.
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Who is chopping the onions? STOP! :'(
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    Who is chopping the onions? STOP! :'(

Daw! *hug* Don't cry, I promise it'll be happier for the rest of the generation! <3
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    Oh no :cry: I really wanted them to be happy.. This is going to be tough for them.
    I'm hoping they'll get their happy ending soon, with a baby and wedding etc.
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    cind3r3lla wrote: »
    Oh no :cry: I really wanted them to be happy.. This is going to be tough for them.
    I'm hoping they'll get their happy ending soon, with a baby and wedding etc.

They're going to be happy, I promise! And they'll get all that as well. I love them too much to not give them that at least. :)
  • Options

I think I will then. It was so much easier to write and I felt really comfortable. I feel like it adds way more emotion, too, if that makes sense.

Nope, not insane at all :]

You should! 1st person has its draw backs (you don't get to really see how other people feel) but it makes the story more intimate imo. I'm think about doing some third person chapters in my story, or 1st person chapters from other POVs.
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options

Nope, not insane at all :]

You should! 1st person has its draw backs (you don't get to really see how other people feel) but it makes the story more intimate imo. I'm think about doing some third person chapters in my story, or 1st person chapters from other POVs.

I guess we will see then! I could always switch it up again if I'm not liking it, lol. I really like it so far, though.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Chapter Fifteen: Comfort

dAeRPE2.png

7JLmeN5.png

Nn2w2b9.png
    Tears stung at my eyes as I looked at Damon. We were both heartbroken. What made me more inconsolable was thinking that Damon was angry with me. "I'm sorry..I'm so sorry, Damon." I finally choked it out between sobs before covering my face, everything else a blur. I had no idea what to do. I wanted to be comforted, just as my mom and dad would do to me when I was younger. Only, I wanted this comfort from Damon.

"Huh?" I heard him say, and I looked up. He'd wiped the tears from his face, his eyes a bit swollen from crying. My lips trembled, I tried to spit out another apology in fear that he was still angry with me, but I couldn't do it.

EiopjPi.png

f8Qp0Ui.png

644u8QN.png
    "Do you think I'm angry with you?" Damon said softly, finally coming forward and brushing through my hair. I sighed shakily and nodded, wiping some tears from my face. He shook his head at me and sighed, pulling me into a hug. "I'm angry, but not at you. First my mom, now our child?" He frowned, and I hugged him back with both arms wrapped around him now, melting into the warmth of his body.

"I know. I'm sorry." I uttered in a habitual manner, but he only kissed my forehead and sighed.

"So am I."

vUzBuoJ.png

H3ozXvq.png
    Neither of us were in good enough shape to drive. Damon called up my parents and explained the situation, my father saying he'd be at out place in ten minutes to take us to the hospital. I could hear the panic in their voice, my mother trying her best to comfort me, but I couldn't focus. It was all in one ear and out the other.

As we waited, Damon took me to the bedroom and held me close. It was eerily silent as we stood there in one another's arms. Yet, it was somehow enough to help me get through the rest of this cursed night.

WARVSdO.png

CeANZJm.png
    "Your children are completely fine." The doctor said. Children? This was a shock to both of us. How could the doctor missed a second child during the other ultrasounds? Damon and I exchanged looks, before smiling at one another. The fact that we were having twins was truthfully the least of our worries. "Have you had intercourse recently?"

Damon's face went red at the question, and I couldn't help but laugh at it. I nodded slightly, glancing back at the doctor. "That explains it. The blood vessels in the cervix are quite sensitive, especially at your stage of the pregnancy, so you were bleeding because of it. You'll be fine, and so will your babies. No need to worry," She assured us. Damon and I let out a breath we didn't know we were holding. I looked back to Damon, letting out a chuckle.

"So, twins hm?" He laughed as well and leaned down to kiss me. At that moment, everything felt right again.

ZFm757l.png

L8x1ygo.png
    I was up half of the night with contractions and back pain. I was full term, and we'd both been preparing for this day. I did my kick counts, and as soon as I was positive that I was in labor, I reached over and shook Damon awake. "Hm? What?" He grunted as he woke up, looking at me. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes.

"Babies are coming," I managed to grunt out. His eyes went wide at that and he jumped out of the bed, running over to my side.

GydgAew.png

cLPNB9V.png
    I took soft breaths and closed my eyes as he helped me up. Although the pain of carrying twins was arduous, I was more than excited to finally meet the twins. There was no words for the joy I felt as we finally got to hold our children.

I6b6Goq.png

aKHJv9A.png

BbwMren.png

79ADfKn.png
    We had two wonderful, little boys. No one brought me as much happiness as they did- not even Damon. The love I had for them wasn't like anything I'd ever experienced. Grayson had Damon's light blue eyes, while Ashton had my light green ones. There was so many similarities in them, but I could still pick out every difference they had. There was nothing in world that would ever come close to the love I had for our children, and I knew since the moment they were born, that I would do anything to bring them just as much joy as they've brought to us.

Author's Note: I tricked you all! The babies are fine! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter. I'm writing it at one in the morning, so if it's a bit lack luster or boring, I apologize. I'll fix it ASAP if so. Also, I was not expecting twins.. there's currently eight people in the household. Someone help me.
  • Options
    cind3r3llacind3r3lla Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2017
    Awesome chapter, it's not boring at all, it's the completely opposite. I love your writing, you have skills :heart:
    Omg! You have no idea how happy I am right now :love: Thank god that the babies survived, and twins? Awesome :relaxed:
    Can't wait to read more about their family :relieved:
    HBRh4vc.jpg
  • Options
    cind3r3lla wrote: »
    Awesome chapter, it's not boring at all, it's the completely opposite. I love your writing, you have skills :heart:
    Omg! You have no idea how happy I am right now :love: Thank god that the babies survived, and twins? Awesome :relaxed:
    Can't wait to read more about their family :relieved:
    You're so sweet! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I was worried that since I was tired it might of been a little boring or something. I'm glad you don't think so <3

I couldn't hurt Simone and Damon like that. They're my babies too. :lol: Though, I had no idea it was twins! I'm hoping they at least have one girl next, I just like to have one of each usually. But the next time they try will probably be the last, since I'm not sure if I can handle more than three children :lol:

Thank you so much! :blush:<3
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky

:innocent: I needed some drama. You didn't really think I could hurt them, did you? I love Simone too much! The twins are cuties, too. I hope you still enjoyed it, nonetheless.
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky

:innocent: I needed some drama. You didn't really think I could hurt them, did you? I love Simone too much! The twins are cuties, too. I hope you still enjoyed it, nonetheless.

After the week I have had, I needed something good and not sad to read. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky

I hope this update helped somewhat, then :)
  • Options
    Sneaky sneaky sneaky

I hope this update helped somewhat, then :)

It did. :)
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Ahhhh the babies are so cute! :love: I'm in love with them both! ^_^

Are we gonna have a male heir this time around? :O
    4s8gctV.png
  • Options
    Ahhhh the babies are so cute! :love: I'm in love with them both! ^_^

Are we gonna have a male heir this time around? :O

I quite love them too! I'm glad you do as well. <3

I'm not sure! Depends on what the next child is, and who you all like the most :)
  • Options
    Unfortunately, a chapter will not be out tonight. Hopefully by next week, there will be. :)
  • Options
    No hurry. I've been making up for it for you. Been popping out chapters like crazy on mine. lol
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    No hurry. I've been making up for it for you. Been popping out chapters like crazy on mine. lol

I'll have to catch up! I've been going on here on mobile lately, so I just noticed your new signature. I'll read during the week. :)