Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Stuff Pack Predictions For 2017......."Just Stuff It" Forum

DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
We've been stuffed in the "wrong end" nine times. So with 2016 coming to a close with a stuff pack no one asked for but turned out useful anyways what are your "stuff pack" predictions from the number that you think we may be getting (cough 27 cough) to the theme of the stuff packs and rather or not any of them will be useful or what people actually want.
Post edited by DegrassiGen on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited December 2016
    I'd love to see an Ikea style stuff pack. Objects only, no CAS. Also a mid-century modern themed pack.

Seconding on the Ikea SP request! That was a big favorite of mine from Sims 2.

On predictions, I'll go ahead and risk a prediction that we raised enough fuss for a laundry SP.

As for number and utility, I'll say... 5 SPs, and a mix of useful and just plain fun, which would seem to cover a range of how Simmers play - something for everyone, even if most of us won't find all of the packs suit us personally. Which, really, is perfectly fair.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CunninghamCunningham Posts: 1,310 Member
    I think we may see one of the big expansions coming back, pets maybe since there are now a lot of clothing items and objects with pets on them. Mainly I would like seasons instead of this sunny one season world.
    'I'm Just Another Plum Faced Irishman, Am I Not?'
    "Dr Moose's daycare challenge "
    The Sims 3 - Wishlist/Top5
    oGh7KNi.gif
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    I would love an Ikea pack too (or something with lots of basic objects at a cheap price ;)). Perhaps a pack around the bathroom with laundry. And a pack around teens like the one we got for children.

@Yoko2112
    We got three SPs around the outdoor, so who knows :D
  • Options
    WolffyWolffy Posts: 71 Member
    I would personally love to see the return of an Ikea stuff pack. I adore Ikea in real life, haha.

As for predictions, I have a feeling we'll be getting some kind of laundry or some type of household item clutter stuff pack. I actually wouldn't mind having laundry back in my game... Chores are 50x better in the Sims then they are in real life. :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2016
    My predictions

A Valentines Day Sp
    Wedding SP
    A Laundry Sp
    A Pool or Beach Sp

• Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    My predictions

A Valentines Day Sp
    Wedding SP
    A Laundry Sp
    A Pool or Beach Sp

I would love more stuff for romance.
  • Options
    PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    A wedding sp would be really cool. And with the game play object being less of an object but something like a matchmaking career or a wedding planning career. Like your sim had to plan weddings for other NPC's and decorate the venue (kind of like interior decorating in sims 3 ambitions) and have a successful wedding event (like birthdays or any other social event). This would help a little with NPCs not getting married in the game and would be really useful, maybe even a new venue type being specifically for weddings and being able to assign bridesmaids and getting moodlets or relationship boosts from assigning bridesmaids.

And adding slow dancing as an interaction.

And the items in the SP could be new cakes or cake toppers, party themed decor, wedding attire, obviously, jewelry, fancy hairstyles, a heart shaped vibrating bed (throwback)...

Honestly it could probably even be a game pack focusing on honeymoons, maybe matchmaking and/or gossip as a skill and a whole lot of new interactions. Maybe "dream wedding" could be an aspiration.. like spending 80k on a wedding venue and hosting it for yourself or someone else.

Idk I just really want a better pack for playing stories for my sim.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited December 2016
    We've been stuffed in the "wrong end" nine times. So with 2016 coming to a close with a stuff pack no one asked for but turned out useful anyways what are your "stuff pack" predictions from they of them will be useful or what people actually want.

Maybe a turkey SP?
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Ikea and/or Steampunk.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    A wedding sp would be really cool. And with the game play object being less of an object but something like a matchmaking career or a wedding planning career. Like your sim had to plan weddings for other NPC's and decorate the venue (kind of like interior decorating in sims 3 ambitions) and have a successful wedding event (like birthdays or any other social event). This would help a little with NPCs not getting married in the game and would be really useful, maybe even a new venue type being specifically for weddings and being able to assign bridesmaids and getting moodlets or relationship boosts from assigning bridesmaids.

And adding slow dancing as an interaction.

And the items in the SP could be new cakes or cake toppers, party themed decor, wedding attire, obviously, jewelry, fancy hairstyles, a heart shaped vibrating bed (throwback)...

Honestly it could probably even be a game pack focusing on honeymoons, maybe matchmaking and/or gossip as a skill and a whole lot of new interactions. Maybe "dream wedding" could be an aspiration.. like spending 80k on a wedding venue and hosting it for yourself or someone else.

Idk I just really want a better pack for playing stories for my sim.

Good suggestions and welcome to the forums :smile:

A game pack for honeymoons could be a good idea but you would need somewhere interesting to send your Sims unless you just want them to disappear off screen and rely on notifications to let you know how they are getting on ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I can't really predict what they're gonna do, but I can tell you what I'd like to see in Stuff Packs.

- IKEA
    - Steampunk
    - Teen bedroom stuff and clothes
    - More style options for goth/punk Sims
    - Wedding stuff
    - Something that includes pool tables as its gameplay object.

I don't really care about laundry and if they do make a stuff pack that revolves around it I'm pretty sure I won't buy it, but cool for the people who do want it if it comes. I also really don't want to see anymore garden or outside-based stuff packs, especially seeing as we just got apartments and Sims that live in San Myshuno can't really use that stuff at all. The one exception would be stuff for pools. I feel like we really need more pool activities such as floating devices, Marco Polo, a pool slide, and of course lots more swimsuit options for adults and kids.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    I'm rather warming to the idea of a laundry pack. Maybe we could get an ironing board and iron as gameplay objects. Can't recall the last time I used an iron but it would be cool for my sims. :)
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I'd love to see an Ikea style stuff pack. Objects only, no CAS. Also a mid-century modern themed pack.

Seconding on the Ikea SP request! That was a big favorite of mine from Sims 2.

On predictions, I'll go ahead and risk a prediction that we raised enough fuss for a laundry SP.

As for number and utility, I'll say... 5 SPs, and a mix of useful and just plain fun, which would seem to cover a range of how Simmers play - something for everyone, even if most of us won't find all of the packs suit us personally. Which, really, is perfectly fair.

You think so Luth? I sure hope so!
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Tbh I'd probably buy a cooking recipe SP.

But I imagine we might have laundry pack in the works. I'd be down for a pack that gives us a lot of household clutter, too. And I believe we'll be getting a wedding SP sometime for this game, whether it be next year or not.
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I wouldn't mind a retro/classic Sims 1 SP with CAS/objects 'remastered/remade' from at least the base game. Maybe some of the new objects could be landline phones and newspapers even! :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I wouldn't mind a retro/classic Sims 1 SP with CAS/objects 'remastered/remade' from at least the base game. Maybe some of the new objects could be landline phones and newspapers even! :D

I've suggested before to have a Classic Favorites stuff pack featuring fan favorite items from Sims 1 and 2. I think that could be really cool.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I would really want steampunk and SP with more broken and used things.

I love all the used furnitures from City Living and I am saving them in rooms on my Gallery for easy access. Just wish we had more to choose from. And more options for less than perfect wallpaper. So so happy that we got some stuff like that in the game now. Luxury just doesn't suit me. Will have check out the IKEA-pack since so many write about it :smile:
  • Options
    littlearchitectlittlearchitect Posts: 277 Member
    edited December 2016
    Any stuff pack which doesn't have shallow gameplay and is worth buying. Good enough for me. ;)
    However, I'd like to see
    IKEA stuff
    Teen stuff (so that teens can finally be distinguished as teens)
    Elder stuff
    High tech stuff (for the love of sims, laptops should be in game by now)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon__gif___fan_art__by_hazzaplumbob-dayfe38.gif
  • Options
    iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    Any stuff pack which doesn't have shallow gameplay and is worth buying. Good enough for me. ;)
    However, I'd like to see
    IKEA stuff
    Teen stuff (so that teens can finally be distinguished as teens)
    Elder stuff
    High tech stuff (for the love of sims, laptops should be in game by now)

Sims 4 definitely needs laptops! I want my sim writers to be able to write their books anywhere in the world! :)
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I hope they release soon a Bathroom Stuff pack. Or at least some pack where new toilets, sinks, showers, bathtubs, and bathroom clutter could be included.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.