Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Simas 4 Goes Online

I was thinking a lot of people have complained about the empty building that are made to make the cities look full not being playable. I was thinking what if for one time fee of 50 dollars the Sims 4 goes online...hear me out....not the base game, stuff pack, game packs, an expansion packs, all that will be playable on your computer as. Keep building new content for the game but kind of make it like the console games where we can cross each other as live players at the same time a world just for that, where we pick and chose who can come in and share it with us. An on another note by activating the online play you would be able to explore all the buildings that not functional in game and actually go into a deeper detailed game play like one building might be a Graphic Design building where artist inspired could take on new tasks, responsibilities and deeper game play. or if you maxed out in the athletic skill one build could be where the boxing matches are and you can really box other sims in live time...more interaction and deeper game play.....
pO5uos8.jpg

Comments

• Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    No thanks. Online Sims games always crash and burn (Sims Online, SimCity 2013 to name a few).

Not to mention, have you seen what photorealistic, CC-heavy Sims look like without their CC? *shudders* I don't want those freaks in my game.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    GlacierGlacier Posts: 193 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Not to mention, have you seen what photorealistic, CC-heavy Sims look like without their CC? *shudders* I don't want those freaks in my game.
    It depends on what kind of online Sims game it would be. If it is a centralized server where everybody login like an MMO, then cc will be very problematic. If I understand correctly, ThePoeticPreacher is talking about logging into another player's game. I think the player who set up the game can specify who can login, which expansion packs and cc are available. With some communications, there are ways to get cc to work.

• Options
    SimeterySimetery Posts: 66 Member
    Not really a fan of the idea. I just think online play is too complicated with mods / cc / expansions. I think it would only work with a *new* stand-alone sims game, not part of TS4. Mayve if they ever came out with another console version of the sims I think some online features would be neat. (I actually really liked the more specific goal-orientated play of a lot of the console games like Urbz / bustin out / castaway, they were guilty pleasures haha) but in all honesty I would rather them put all their focus on the TS4 rather than make something completely new since TS4 is lacking in a lot of content.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    no thank you.. it will ruin a game for me completely... sorry OP...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited December 2016
    OP, A house divided can't stand. The online MMO is why we have the limitations of TS4. Trying to turn an MMO into an offline/single player. Having to recode what was already created within three years then dumped. Taking that route again to turn it back into a hybrid would be the death of it for sure. Too many resources (people, time, assets) have to be split to work on both. It's already hollow as it is.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ThePoeticPreacherThePoeticPreacher Posts: 531 Member
    No thanks. Online Sims games always crash and burn (Sims Online, SimCity 2013 to name a few).

I hear you would still have the base game, game packs, stuff packs, and expansions packs on your computer to play by yourself, i just figured most people computer couldn't handle if the Sims 4 team opened up all the empty building in the game, it would require online game play where memory and hard drive can't get in the way...this would allow for a deeper detailed game play that a lot of simmer complain the game don't have, and of course there should be a rule where cc characters can't join in.....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    Glacier wrote: »
    It depends on what kind of online Sims game it would be. If it is a centralized server where everybody login like an MMO, then cc will be very problematic. If I understand correctly, ThePoeticPreacher is talking about logging into another player's game. I think the player who set up the game can specify who can login, which expansion packs and cc are available. With some communications, there are ways to get cc to work.

right exactly, but you wouldn't be able to go into your actually their would be an online city where players can meet each other and do things like compete against each other, like there would an Olympic building where sims with maxed body building skills could compete and Olympic and train and learn new Olympic skills, or sims would be able to go to boxing arena and box each for money, or go to college and sit in the same classes together....be totally emerged in live game play and interactions and still able to leave and return to the base game and all the other games you have on your computer individually...no one would be able to interfere with your base game but you could call them an as long as your c connected to the internet the game would take to the "internet" city.....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OP, A house divided can't stand. The online MMO is why we have the limitations of TS4. Trying to turn an MMO into an offline/single player. Having to recode what was already created within three years then dumped. Taking that route again to turn it back into a hybrid would be the death of it for sure. Too many resources (people, time, assets) have to be split to work on both. It's already hollow as it is.

well it sounded like a great ideal in my head, you would have a choice to chose online play, your base game, expansion packs, stuff packs, and game packs is your personal play...the online feature would just add a deeper game play that simmers are always complaining about the game doesn't have, i love the Sims 4 and it sad to see many people cry about the game, but if they bring toddlers back that would make the Sims 4, I was enthusiastic for the vintage stuff pack, and i'm not to excited about The Vampires expansion pack that is rumored to come out, the only thing that's exciting to be about a new expansion pack is getting an extra world because have about 20 families that need a home...lol...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member

well it sounded like a great ideal in my head, you would have a choice to chose online play, your base game, expansion packs, stuff packs, and game packs is your personal play...the online feature would just add a deeper game play that simmers are always complaining about the game doesn't have, i love the Sims 4 and it sad to see many people cry about the game, but if they bring toddlers back that would make the Sims 4, I was enthusiastic for the vintage stuff pack, and i'm not to excited about The Vampires expansion pack that is rumored to come out, the only thing that's exciting to be about a new expansion pack is getting an extra world because have about 20 families that need a home...lol...

Unfortunately the reason why the game doesn't have the deeper game play is because it used to be an online version called Olympus... After they tried and failed with making SimCity 2013 Online, they decided to rip out all the online stuff and hastily recode it for single-player.

The result is The Sims 4.

They 'could' make an online game separate from the main Sims series, they have done it before... But it has always crashed and burned, due to them usually turning out to be little more than a Sims styled chatroom, trying to do a full Sims game with multiple players is too much for a system to handle.
    raw
  • Options
    AutumnBladenAutumnBladen Posts: 295 Member
    While the idea if implemented correctly could be cool Id rather it be a seperate thing altogether and not an expansion pack of some sort. I just don't enjoy playing most online player interactive games like GTA V because players aren't always nice to each other and can really ruin the game for others. After all it only takes one bad apple. I mean don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Socializing through such things with like minded individuals can be enjoyable but there is a time and place and the Sims for me is an escape from reality where everything can be sweet happy and good. I wouldn't want someone who wants to get a good laugh at some one else's expense to ruin that for me.
  • Options
    Evil_One wrote: »

Unfortunately the reason why the game doesn't have the deeper game play is because it used to be an online version called Olympus... After they tried and failed with making SimCity 2013 Online, they decided to rip out all the online stuff and hastily recode it for single-player.

The result is The Sims 4.

They 'could' make an online game separate from the main Sims series, they have done it before... But it has always crashed and burned, due to them usually turning out to be little more than a Sims styled chatroom, trying to do a full Sims game with multiple players is too much for a system to handle.

Right on i hear you....and it would be nice if we could actually build our own apartments in any city, i have a gang of families that need homes....
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    While the idea if implemented correctly could be cool Id rather it be a seperate thing altogether and not an expansion pack of some sort. I just don't enjoy playing most online player interactive games like GTA V because players aren't always nice to each other and can really ruin the game for others. After all it only takes one bad apple. I mean don't take what I'm saying the wrong way. Socializing through such things with like minded individuals can be enjoyable but there is a time and place and the Sims for me is an escape from reality where everything can be sweet happy and good. I wouldn't want someone who wants to get a good laugh at some one else's expense to ruin that for me.

Yeah i feel you, i wouldn't want that either, but just was an ideal so i'm glad to heat what ya'll think of it...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    KurotardKurotard Posts: 380 Member
    edited December 2016
    It would be nice to give players an option to play online with others like back on Sims Online, especially now with the technological advancements and more opportunities for custom content creators to delve in. EA could take what makes Second Life/IMVU work and improve on it. Showing off some new CC you got off the player-run market would be nice, as well as having online achievements for mini-games or events. I'm a long term mmo player for different genre, and I think it COULD work, but EA would have to hammer home a niche population stance. Trying to cater to everyone kills a game and public interest in it (coughTHESIMS4cough).
  • Options
    Kurotard wrote: »
    It would be nice to give players an option to play online with others like back on Sims Online, especially now with the technological advancements and more opportunities for custom content creators to delve in. EA could take what makes Second Life/IMVU work and improve on it. Showing off some new CC you got off the player-run market would be nice, as well as having online achievements for mini-games or events. I'm a long term mmo player for different genre, and I think it COULD work, but EA would have to hammer home a niche population stance. Trying to cater to everyone kills a game and public interest in it (coughTHESIMS4cough).

right on...
    pO5uos8.jpg
  • Options
    tammer400tammer400 Posts: 647 Member
    The sims 4 was suppose to be an online game but Ea scrapped it after the disaster Simcity was
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    How about
    NO!+Meme+Face.jpg
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I I played TSO, it was full of kids that just wanted to slap you around and fight you. Then Maxis got rid of it. Then they brought it back. I played it again. Then after a brief time, they got rid of it again. At least they refunded me like $200 for the special points I bought.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    I was thinking a lot of people have complained about the empty building that are made to make the cities look full not being playable. I was thinking what if for one time fee of 50 dollars the Sims 4 goes online...hear me out....not the base game, stuff pack, game packs, an expansion packs, all that will be playable on your computer as. Keep building new content for the game but kind of make it like the console games where we can cross each other as live players at the same time a world just for that, where we pick and chose who can come in and share it with us. An on another note by activating the online play you would be able to explore all the buildings that not functional in game and actually go into a deeper detailed game play like one building might be a Graphic Design building where artist inspired could take on new tasks, responsibilities and deeper game play. or if you maxed out in the athletic skill one build could be where the boxing matches are and you can really box other sims in live time...more interaction and deeper game play.....
    Your idea would be interesting if it could work. But I don't think it can because as you describe it EA wouldn't make a server which people could buy access to for only a onetime fee of $50. Instead EA would want a monthly fee which too few people would accept to pay.

There are many options to make it possible to play the Sims as multiplayer online. One option is used successfully in the Sims Freeplay which everybody can play for free but where people also can choose to buy extra clothes or unnecessary objects for high prices. Apparently there are more than enough paying players to make this very profitable too. But the price is that EA then can't sell all the huge number of expansions and that the game is in real time with less detailed graphics. The limitations also are that at most one sim at the time can visit a neighbor's city (and only a copy of his city) and that we can't have a population of more than 34 sims in our game.

A game server which opened up some of the rabbit holes in TS4 would be expensive for EA to make. It could be done in many ways though even though the rest of the game still would be offline. But EA would want a monthly fee or EA would soon take the server down again and I don't think that people would pay for this.

The most realistic multiplayer option for a game like TS4 would be to give us an option such that we could connect with a friend and to play two games at the same time while visiting eachother's cities. This could be done without needing a server. So it wouldn't be that expensive for EA to make possible. But the problem still is if many simmers would like it enough to want to pay for it?
  • Options
    TiffanyLea007TiffanyLea007 Posts: 1,068 Member
    edited January 2017
    Think like Minecraft. But you let who you want into the game. And you can switch between controlling sims on that lot. Nothing like the sims online.