Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Remember remember the 5th of November

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »
    SimChickee wrote: »
    MissMahoo wrote: »
    It's kind of an odd thing to celebrate really?! It's also tradition to burn an effigy of Guy Fawkes on the bonfire. :/

It's a little weird I looked it up but I can see why there is anger and resentment there.

There's no resentment, it's just an excuse to let off fireworks and burn things.

LOL , gotta love fireworks!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited November 2016
    Wow so your saying that you all celebrate a Traitor who committed Treason, Why?
    P.S. okay never mind I read that wrong, I am glad that is not the case and that the plot was foiled and the King was saved.
  • Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Hahaha you are bringing back so many childhood fears from back in the day @simspeaker4 . True fact, I still incredibly wary of sparklers because of those things and kind of avoided letting my kids use them when they were much younger. XD

Sorry @MissMahoo. I've been on a major PIF kick the last couple of years. There are just too many people uploading them. The UK is genius at scaring the unholy plumming beplum out of its children.

Hahaha some of them are out right hilarious and just so wrong and creepy at the same time. I guess it kind of worked though.
    The "Charlie says" campaign about strangers, think helped establish some deep trust issues trough to adulthood.
    I'm heading over to YouTube to refresh my memory of some of these things. Thanks @simspeaker4 for the inspiration :smile:

Remember, if someone's throwing bangers around, you need to yell, as loudly as you can, "DON'T BE A DUMMY! DON'T THROW FIREWORKS!" of course, in TS you are always welcome to light them in the house. Definitely a good time.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    edchuckndoug47edchuckndoug47 Posts: 5 New Member
    > @knazzer said:
    > Out in City centre watching the display. I always find it odd we make a effigy and celebrate someone burning to death :D

especially when they don't deserve it