Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

your wishlist for The Sims 5

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ari100ari100 Posts: 74 Member
    Sorry it's long, but you can just read each subtitle next to each number.

I would like sims 5 to be on a new game engine that can actually support the content.

The focus on TS2 was ageing, TS3 was open world, TS4 was emotions. I would like TS5 to be consequences. Let me explain.

The game is too easy, there is no story progression, and there is no difference between each sim (their traits mean nothing, and the game play is just the same with each family. It doesn't really matter what I do, there are no consequences).
    I'm fine if there are cheats for gamers if they want to make it easy. But challenging gameplay is what makes it engaging. Without any challenge you can't really even call it a game.

1. Traits should make sims unique, and shape them, their decisions and possible actions. Not just boost a skill or take an 'evil shower'. Three traits are all you need to start with (Traits can develop - See number 14).

2. Relationships and family tree - Better system. 1. Not everyone gets along, and if you intentionally get on someone's nerves, unless they have the 'good' trait, they are probably not going to be super nice to you and want to make up after. But if they are family, or you have a history of friendship, then a sim may want to make up if you have had a fight.

3. Behaviours and decisions should have health risks.
    - E.g. "Working hard" all the time, not sleeping enough (or being exhausted all the time), eating unhealthy, being stressed, doing dirty things, not keeping hygiene, being obese is going to make you sick. Eating off food or poor quality might give you food poisoning for 24 hours.
    - Sims should get the flu, not want to get out of bed, feel like lying down, throw up, get itchy rashes, get a stomachache, headache.
    - Sims should need to go to a doctor to get diagnosed, and sometimes receive medication.
    - Some medication could have side effects, like drowsiness, redness, itching etc. Maybe the doctor will tell you to take a day off and rest (don't do strenuous things).
    - Sims that are sick are not going to be able to work at their job as well, they won't be able to work out for as long and won't get the most out of their workout. Eating some foods may make them nauseous and throw up, they may tire easier. They may not be as focused on a task, or do as well at a skill that they normally would.
    - Close interactions such as kissing, hugging, or cooking food for other sims whilst you have some illnesses may spread the illness.
    - Healthier Sims who are not as stressed, sleep, eat and exercise will be less likely to get ill, even from other sick sims.

4. More complex school and work systems:
    - And what you do in school and work and the decisions you make may make it easier or harder to get a job.
    - Career: You would need to do an interview and impress the boss to get the job.
    - School: What matters are grades, volunteering, part time work, great science projects, detentions, which would improve or impair your resume for the future which will help get a job, and maybe start at level 3 for some jobs.
    - School homework will vary depending if public or private school and age. But Primary students would need to read a certain amount each night, and fill out a homework book. Preteens would start to have projects to do/make, Teenagers would also need to do pair/group projects.
    - Preteen/teenager sims that do really well in school (joining clubs and doing extra credit) will be offered a scholarship for private school for the rest of their school time (as long as they keep up their grades that is). (And scholarship for university too in the EP).
    - Open ended jobs are complex and engaging.

5. Bills more complex: Therefore bills can be really expensive for rich sims but still affordable most of the time for poorer families.
    - Loan/mortgage,
    - School fees (private schools),
    - Water/electricity (depends how much you use each),
    - Insurance (death, life, health, theft, fire - Sims can choose whether or not to get them).
    - If you rent out another property you may need to pay to fix things and for their electricity/water bills as well.
    - University fees and debt (University expansion),
    - Taxes (Top of politics career can change tax rate on citizens (with consequences of corse).

- How poorer families could save:
    - Live in a place where don't need a loan/mortgage
    - Public school,
    - Don't use much electricity (e.g. tv, computers, stereo, etc), don't take baths, have short showers, don't own a pool, don't water the garden too much, buy a water tank.

6. Limited CAS clothing options (must earn and buy in a clothes store)

7. Buying your groceries at a store.

8. Going to the hairdressers for a haircut, piercings, tattoos.

9. Laundry in the base game. (Clothes can run out if you don’t have enough and don’t wash them).

10. Have somewhere to put your money when families get rich:
    - become an investor in Sims ideas, games, etc.
    - Buy property, renovate and create houses to sell on the market via auctions. (buy advertisements to attract Sims to the Auction. Hold open for inspection days (where you can convince Sims to become interested or to make an offer (This is where Charisma skill would come in handy) - You may not always get the price that makes you break even. (Read the newspaper to see if property market is good or bad for selling buying).
    - Become business owners (which will them allow you to edit the lot).
    - Be able to split how every much of your finances you want, when Sims move out.
    - Donate/fund/start a charity (Can make advertisements, put adds in mailboxes, go door knocking to ask for donations, hold fundraiser events).
    - Have expensive parties (Hiring waiters, bartenders, clowns, band, entertainer, ice sculptures, chef and expensive buffets)
    - Take a spa day
    - Go on extravagant holidays (EP)

11. Parenting style:
    - Parenting style and behaviour may affect the trait options for your growing children.
    - Things that may affect future trait options and mood/attitude (e.g. more rebellious, moody, defiant children) - Social neglect, continual and unfair punishments, or not showing love (through interactions, and touch (e.g. hugging your child, praising, telling them you are proud, snuggling with your baby) or care to your children (E.g. Teenager that goes to a late party without parents knowing, and parents don't mention anything to the child. The teenager may feel the parents don't care about them). Of course the usually bringing up toddlers skills would be important as well.
    - Parenting style will affect how easily Sims will make relationships and get close to sims.

12. Different things you do provides sims with different actions, opportunities, challenges in life.

13. Extreme Fears:
    - Sims can develop extreme fears to things, from traumatic or negative experiences in toddler years or childhood.
    - Extreme fears that come from negative experiences will be linked to certain traits.

- Extreme fear from negative traits:
    1. e.g. Cowardly Sims can develop an Extreme fear to dolls or clowns from seeing a clown at a birthday party or if their sibling scares them multiple times with dolls, or clown faces.
    2. e.g. Neat Sims can develop extreme fear of bugs if lived in a house infested with bugs when young.

- Extreme Fears from traumatic experiences:
    1. Dogs/cats (Dog/cat attack/bite),
    2. lighting/storms (If lighting burnt a tree, or started a fire),
    3. fire - Terrified of candles/birthday candles, fireplaces, fire (From house fire),
    4. Fear of death (if saw a person die),
    5. Water/swimming - pools/ocean, won't like to fish because near water, or take a bath, or view a fountain or pond, (From almost drowning or seeing someone drown).

- Sims who come in contact with fears when they are older will have a Extreme fear moodlet and will want to run away. It will effect their mood for some time.
    - If you want to get rid of a fear, sims attend a Psychologist (e.g. 2 sessions in a week) (It can be a rabbit hole).
    - The wants and fears from TS2 will need to come back for fears to work

14. Hidden traits/interests: Additional traits developed from life experiences. Must be a lot of exposure regularly for these traits to develop.
    1. Hates outdoors/loves outdoors (if you have a lot of indoor or outdoor experience as a toddler/child)
    2. Commitment issues (parental style)
    3. Loner (for making no friends as a toddler/child (Family don't count)).
    4. Bookworm (For reading a lot/being read to a lot)
    5. Ambitious (From seeing successful ambitious/hard working parents)
    6. Brave/cowardly/looser (Winning/loosing fights, parental style, positive/negative life experiences)
    7. Technosavy (For fiddling, exploring, playing with electronics).
    8. Athletic/Couch potato (For doing/not doing active games/sports/walking/running/climbing as a child)
    9. Frugal (for growing up in a poor home).
    10. Neat/slob (From growing up in very clean/dirty home)
    11. Natural cook (Growing up reading cook books, baking with friends/parent, watching cooking shows)
    12. Virtuous (Growing up listening/playing/singing/dancing to music including live, or on the stereo)
    13. Artistic (Surrounded by artwork, draw/paint a lot. (Can do as a toddler/child on a crafts table, and can draw as a child at any time)

It all sounds very complex, but 1, you could get around a lot of it with cheats, and 2 it wouldn't be confusing or difficult gameplay, it would just create a world where behaviours and decisions have consequences and will shape Sims lives. So no family you make will ever be exactly the same as the last.

What do you guys think? Too out of the box, or away from sims? Silly/snarky stuff could be added too.
  • Options
    enterprise1927enterprise1927 Posts: 32 Member
    First sorry for my bad English. Not my native language.

I hope that Sims 5 will be fully optimized game. No frametime spike on high end PC. Ultra smooth 0.1% low and 1% low frametime. Native 64 bit support. Multicores (8 cores or more) / SMT support. Low level API like DirectX 12 or Vulkan support for better draw calls for huge open world or when building extremely large house. Also HDR and 5K / 8K / ultrawide and multi-monitors support would be nice.

Next about gameplays.
    1.Better graphics !!! How can you downgrade graphics in Sims 4 ? It looks like cr@ppy mobile game instead of PC game. Sims 3 is way way way better. At least I hope that Sims 5 graphics can match GTA V. Don't say that low end PC / laptop will not be able to play. Because GTA V run fine on Intel HD Graphics 530 at low settings 720p 30fps. Low end entry level graphics card like GT 1030 can play at medium-high settings 1080p 40-60fps.
    2.Make sure it is offline game !!! Don't follow Simcity disaster.
    3.Bring back open world !!! This is a reason why I rarely play Sims 4 but keep playing Sims 3 instead. My wife even refuse to play Sims 4 at all because of this reason. You shouldn't blame open world that cause lag in Sims 3. It is all about "optimization".
    4.Open world should be bigger and better. I mean what about 1000 houses / map ? (That is why I ask for 8 cores + SMT and low level API support) And all Sims should be able to interact with each others naturally like in real life. Looks at Sims 4 city living. Same face , same cloth , player can't interact with and they can't interact with each others.
    5.Bring back Create a Style. Another major downgrade from Sims 3. Why limiting our imaginary ?
    6.What about integrating transportation into Sims 5 ? Sims can choose from walking / biking / motorcycle / car / bus / train / subway / monorail skytrain / taxi / passenger boat etc to their destination.
    7.More choices from interacting with Sims. Why high friendship status can 100% turn to romance status with just a little of romance interactions ? Imagine If you kiss some of your close friend. There should be options like always decline or % of success rate etc.
    8.No rabbit hole !!! every place should be able to visit inside.
    9.Buying your groceries at a store or your fridge will be empty. It shouldn't refill automatically. Sims must visit store and walking to find potatoes or eggs and pay at cashier. Kleptomaniac Sims may try to hide it in his/her clothe.
    10.Can build unlimited floor. Imagine if you can build high rise 125 floors condominium that can visit every room and all of that rooms are filled with Sims ?
    i9-9900K @ 5Ghz core / 4.7Ghz uncore
    16GB Dual Ranks Hynix AFR @ 3500Mhz 16-18-18-36-2T
    ASRock Z370 Taichi
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 @ 2126Mhz core / 12600Mhz mem
    Transcend 220S 1TB NVME SSD / 4TB Seagate HDD
    Corsair HX 750W
    Custom water cooling
    NZXT H440
    Acer XR341CK 3440x1440 75Hz G-Sync compatible

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think it's too soon. It's possible there won't even be a sims 5

No?
    No for the 20th anniversary?
  • Options
    ParkPark Posts: 625 Member
    edited November 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think it's too soon. It's possible there won't even be a sims 5

I concur.

In my humble opinion, I do not expect there will be a Sims 5.

One can only take this concept so far and I think they already drew more out of this proverbial well than they dreamed possible those 20 years ago. There is so much else that EA can direct its resources to, other concepts that garner them far bigger gross receipts.

But aside from all that, I get the sense that "It's been a fantastic run, but it's finally time to move on."

Only my opinion of course.

• Options
    simsobsessedsimsobsessed Posts: 11 New Member
    I have MANY suggestions for Sims 5.

For example, private schools. Let's say in the town there are two automatic schools, a private school, and a public school. The public school would work just as it did in the sims 3 (In my idea the map follows the sims 3 layout, not sims 4), children and teens would go to school in their everyday outfits. However, in the private schools, sims would have to wear uniforms. Also, just like with the Get to Work expansion for Sims 4, you could go to build mode for the private school and set up your own uniform. you could even set a tuition for every week, and if you wanted to you could set gender restrictions (not to be sexist, just to make it realistic). The way you would do this is to have a public school for anyone, one private school for just girls, and a private school for boys, or just one private school. Another thing to add on is having a separate elementary school, middle school, and high school. This would work if there were more age options (child, preteen, and teenager.) I also think they should add back universities. The only bug with this idea is that there would be multiple schools in one town, but maybe there could be another town simply for the University (such as in Sims 3) Also, to enroll in a private school a parent sim could use their phone, computer, or with the sims 3 map layout, simply click on the school. I think it would be cool to have a "tour" option for schools. Maybe the sims could even take their kids to the school, where they meet a principal NPC. One thing I'd love to see is where you could actually follow students to school, such as with the doctor, police, and scientist professions, but this isn't a necessity to me. I wouldn’t mind a university and private school EP instead of a base game.

My next suggestion is illness and injuries.

Sims 4 tried to add illnesses, but to me, they weren't very impressive. I haven't experimented with illnesses much, but I think we need more of a variety. Also, I'd like to focus more on injuries. Maybe clumsy sims could be prone to get injured at work or school. They go to the hospital and the doctor says they have to use crutches for a week or have a wheelchair. There could be many minor injuries, such as falling down the stairs and needing crutches. And maybe something severe like getting a concussion. Maybe if the sims injuries are so serious, they could be sent to the hospital, and their pictures would be greyed out. It would also be cool to get a hospital bill, and if they are in school, there would be a "Make Up Work" option the next day they went to school. Also, let's say a sim doesn't think they need to go to the hospital. For every day they procrastinate, the injury gets more severe. To explain this in depth, let's say a kid gets a concussion, and two days after the injury, they finally go to the hospital. Normally, the conclusion would last maybe 5 days, but since they waited to be treated it would last 7 days because they didn't get treated. I'm not sure if this is accurate at all to the real world, but I think some research should be done to make sure it's as realistic as much as possible. I wouldn’t mind this being in EP as it seems a bit complicated for the base game.

Another suggestion is clothes.

I was very disappointed in the difference between sims 4 and sims 3 CAS. We had many more options in Sims 3 and I would like to see those options return (Color wheel). However, I did like how Sims could buy outfits in the Get to Work expansion pack. It'd be nice to have that again in Sims 5. Also, I think there should be more stores, and that we shouldn't have to build EVERY store, with a minimum of 10 mannequins. I think there should automatically be a layout for clothing stores. Also... WE NEED MORE WEDDING DRESSES AND TUXEDOS!! I can only recall there being a couple of dresses that could be considered a wedding dress in Sims 4, and only one in Sims 3. We should be able to go to a store to buy a wedding dress, and maybe just evening gowns all-together. Also, since the details in Sims 5 are supposed to be more intricate, it'd be nice to customize more of the clothes, such as length of shirts, skirts, pants, etc. One idea is when going in CAS mode, you could click on a shirt, and there would be a customization mode where you change it to ANY color, maybe even add a logo or picture, and change the length or width. All of this would be done on a mannequin version of your sim. And when you're finished, you could click done, and even a "Save" option for future use.

One thing I don't want to change is Build Mode. To me, it was so much easier to build a house in Sims 4, and hopefully, they keep that format but add more to it. Also, I like how you could change the land plots in sims 3 "Edit Mode". I would really like that feature back.