Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A simple "talk to" interaction

So... Sims 4 has a lot of social interactions... But at the same time it feels like it doesn't have enough, because most of the social interaction are very specific like "discuss interests", "discuss this, that and that", "ask about day". It's all good and stuff... BUT.
In my play, I like to make my sims tell each other what happened, etc.
For example, when sims plumbing starts leaking, I make one of my sims go tell another sim that the plumbing broke and they should fix it. Then I make my sim B go and fix the plum plumbing.

Right now I have to choose one of the "discuss options" and pretend that they are discussing the broken plumbing instead of discussing music or whatever.

So what I offer, is a simple social interaction without any context to it.
"Talk to"
Talk to is universal and can be applied to any situation imaginable.
It's such a small thing, but I think it would greatly improve immersion and game-play.
At least for me it would.
What do you think?
Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

Comments

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    It could be nice to have one like 'Chat' that would keep Sims going for a longer period, like the way Chat worked in TS2. That would also be generic enough that you could fill in whatever you liked, like the plumbing being fixed.

It would be nice if they brought back the Influence system from Sims 2 so you could have one Sim influence the other to repair the broken plumbing. Or, to just have an "ask to fix X" option available for Sims of a certain Handiness level when there was something broken on the lot.
  • Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    It could be nice to have one like 'Chat' that would keep Sims going for a longer period, like the way Chat worked in TS2. That would also be generic enough that you could fill in whatever you liked, like the plumbing being fixed.

It would be nice if they brought back the Influence system from Sims 2 so you could have one Sim influence the other to repair the broken plumbing. Or, to just have an "ask to fix X" option available for Sims of a certain Handiness level when there was something broken on the lot.

I like your ideas:)
    I think that we need more "influencing" options, in general. Like "ask to prepare a meal" for a child. Or "tell to go to bed" for parents. Or "Ask to move out", etc.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    Yup! Agree 100%. I would love the ability, especially with NPC sims, to influence them to do something. Like "grab drinks for the group" or something.
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    agreed! also "ask to play music" if the sim in question has the skill.