Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do that you want your sims to do?

shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
edited October 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I was thinking that our sims still need things to do with their free time and I was curious what hobbies you guys have that you would like to see introduced in the sims?

Gaming (already in game) is a big one for me and doing things with my dogs. Walking, playing with and training dogs will have to wait for pets.

I like hiking with my dogs which is kind of included in OR but it is very limited.

I am excited for basketball even though I don't play. I would love to see some sort of pack based on team sports From baseball to soccer, volleyball even, maybe dodge ball more centered around kids.

I want to see fishing become an activity they can do together too.

How about ceramics as a family activity? Maybe new locations that offer things like couples cooking classes and painting and such.

I would also enjoy horses and showing and trail riding.

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    My hobbies are already covered pretty well: Writing, Photography, Computer gaming and Swimming.

I love traditional boardgames and would like my sims to be able to play some boardgames (using a cc recolor of the poker table atm), tabletop rpgs, tabletop wargames and dice games.

I'm not into team sports irl, but I'd love to have them in the game!

Also though not exactly a leisure activity, but one that cannot be avoided: household chores. I want more of those, especially if they bring back the cleanning skill.
  • Options
    NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    The one feature I miss from Sims 3 is nectar making. I collect single malt whisky in real life and I used to keep a nectar cellar in Sims 3 to (somewhat) emulate that. I'd love to be able to do the same in Sims 4.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Most of mine involve things that aren't probably too doable with the Sims but they'd be cool in my own opinion anyway :D I'd love to have a repelling/climbing hobby in game...But for that I guess we'd need hills/mountains. :P Also, canoeing, jumping rope! I think it'd be so neat if the neighborhood kids could skip double dutch jump ropes. I remember my friends and I spent countless hours trying to master that as children.. had a ton of fun doing it too!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I read ... while I eat. I wish my Sims could do that. Also, the only reason I want newspapers back is so my Sims could read the paper over breakfast. Reading news on a tablet would be nice too. During breakfast.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    KnukleurKnukleur Posts: 17 Member
    This is kinda boring, but how about sitting quietly and daydreaming, or gazing out a window, for more than a few seconds, not a self-interaction that's child-only/certain creativity unlock, and minus the constant smirking and giggles. Sims 2 & 3 could "chill" but I suppose the term is obsolete? Or a less animated version of channel surfing/internet browsing/computer game playing with occasional nodding-off or dropping your head to the desk, that would nail it with me :smiley:
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @luthienrising YES! Nothing better than reading and eating at the same time :) Also, reading books whilst lying in bed.

Things I do/have done that I would like included:

* proper hiking (with one or more sims/pets as options to hike along with)
    * canoeing/kayaking
    * drawing in sketch pads
    * cross-stitch/sewing/knitting
    * martial arts (I was really pleased with how they did this in ts3, I thought they'd make a pigs ear of it but it ended up being done pretty well)
    * aromatherapy (this could be an extension to the herbal brewing, making bubble baths, creams, cures for illnesses etc)
    * additional games sims can buy for their computers, like we had in ts2
    * personal stereos (this was also in ts2)
    * watching tv on a tablet in bed, with the waist down under the covers and the tablet balanced on the sims lap
    * playing an upright piano
    * arts and crafts, with cutting, glueing, card-making etc

I would want kids to be able to do most of these things too.
  • Options
    InsightCrazyInsightCrazy Posts: 69 Member
    @elanorbreton I lit up when you said cross-stitch/sewing/knitting! I think that would be so fun to have my sims do especially when they get to be elders.
    Origin: InsightCrazy
    Add me :)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    - kayaking
    - ice skating
    - swimming in the ocean

I would also like to have sculpting, knitting and nectar making/collecting even though I don't do those things myself.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited October 2016
    I'd like to have archery and horseback riding in the game. I'm actually surprised that they've got my other hobbies pretty much covered.... Diary writing would be a nice addition. It was kind of pointless in TS2, but still. Maybe also reading Tarot cards, would be cool if it affected gameplay.
  • Options
    belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    Arts and crafts.
    Ballet or some other type of dance that is not DJ-related.
    Maybe something sports-related for children?
  • Options
    QtKawaiiQtKawaii Posts: 37 Member
    I would like a gymnastics activity. Or cheerleading maybe. Maybe that will come in a generations style EP? Who knows..
  • Options
    smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    I like to knit and quilt, and while I love that quilting has been added to FreePlay (the phone/tablet game), I hate that it's limited to elders. I'd love a knitting and/or quilting was added to TS4, though I suspect it could be difficult to manage, because when you quilt and knit, you actually create things, and it's not like our sims have actual closets of actually owned clothes / accessories, and I don't think they'd be able to code, say, putting a homemade quilt on a bed, or wearing a homemade scarf or hat or mittens or sweater. :(
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Reading for hours and hours. Not for two seconds.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Reading lying in bed or on the sofa is what I miss the most.
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Most of mine involve things that aren't probably too doable with the Sims but they'd be cool in my own opinion anyway :D I'd love to have a repelling/climbing hobby in game...But for that I guess we'd need hills/mountains. :P Also, canoeing, jumping rope! I think it'd be so neat if the neighborhood kids could skip double dutch jump ropes. I remember my friends and I spent countless hours trying to master that as children.. had a ton of fun doing it too!

Mountain climbing, great idea. I loved the adventures in SIMS 3. Something I wouldn't actually do myself.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Any type of stitchery. Needlepoint, cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, sewing. Scrapbooking. Bowling and skating. Jigsaw puzzles. Model construction, similar to Legos or Lincoln Logs.
  • Options
    portroyal56portroyal56 Posts: 38 Member
    Horses! I ride in real life so I would love to have them in the game again
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Archery, I loved it, But also I would like Sims who Have a high Handiness skill to be able to craft their own Bows On the wood working bench
    Also I'm very Interested in arrow heads. It would be so cool if sims could craft their own arrow arrows too. and they could make it neat by using Crystals and Metals we collect. Eventually I would want to make Gold, Silver, Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Tipped arrows.

Soccer, or football I guess is what it's called in other countries, would be a good Sport, I love.
    However I want the soccer ball to be it's own objects, not like You click on the basket ball Hoop in City Living and the basketball is just something that spawns out of thin air.
    Like practicing those crazy tricks I see on Vine and Youtube

Sketching, Painting, and Photography, are fun and all, don't really care for graffiti.
    But I would really like sketch pads, I like sketching scenery and things from my imagination in real life. It would be awesome if sims could "Sketch from Reference"

I'm obsessed with all thing Magical/Mythical, So I'm hoping this will be a thing. But I love adventures also.
    Okay my Sim, although the life state is nonexistent at the moment, Is suppose to be a Sorcerer. He lives in this massive mansion, with His Human girlfriend and Werewolf Best friend. The Den, which is like this great hall, and it's going to be where I store my collections
    and I would love it if they could Go on adventures at whim,
    I plan for one day My sim to obtain the following:

Pandora's Box -Basically portable a container that contains the fears of everyone.
    Eye Of Fates - Every Fortune Teller's, Oracle's, Dream. The Ultimate Crystal ball that can see, past, present and indefinite future,
    Poseidon's Trident - Holds power over all water, the oceans, and Storms, and the power to shift into any aquatic animal, and Human.
    The Holy Grail - Enchanted Cup, that could grant immortal life, and/or transform you into a supernatural at random.
    Eye of Gorgon - from defeating the the Gorgon Sisters, my Sim has the power to turn anyone to stone.
    Hand of Midas - from Treasure hunt, turn anything/anyone to gold and cash them in!
    Genie Lamp - also from a treasure hunt.

and then Fill the rest up with home made Enchantments, potions, curses.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    LiseliljeLiselilje Posts: 33 Member
    I would generally love to see more creative hobbies.
    I myself love to crochet, it could be neat if simmers can make clotches, hats and decorations.
    Also knitting and sewing.
    Pottery. Making toys and Electronics. Sculpting. Flower binding - being able to make bouquets from the garden to put in the house.

Generally all hobbies from Sims 2 and Sims 3 are a welcome addition.
  • Options
    SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I'd like to see my Sims want a pedicure and manicure. Also get eyelashes and other piercings. I'd like for the makeup to be more detailed. I'd want my female Sim during free time paint her on nails and try on outfits to wear for the next day
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    I think jewelry making would be fun, and could potentially make use of the gems and metals we collect to make some fun personalized colour combinations. Perhaps the finished worth of the item could depend on the skill of the sim and on the value of the material used?

I second suggestions for pottery, ballet, martial arts, more sports and more artistic pursuits in general.

Love everybodies ideas (and your rl hobbies!)
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    You all are making me want to load up TS3 right now. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    caitybee73caitybee73 Posts: 121 Member
    I think jewelry making would be fun, and could potentially make use of the gems and metals we collect to make some fun personalized colour combinations. Perhaps the finished worth of the item could depend on the skill of the sim and on the value of the material used?

I second suggestions for pottery, ballet, martial arts, more sports and more artistic pursuits in general.

Love everybodies ideas (and your rl hobbies!)
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    Hobbies that I've had in real life that aren't in the game: Scrapbooking, coloring in coloring books (including adult coloring books with colored pencils), latchhooking (making small decorative rugs), playing with remote control vehicles, climbing, bicycling, creating pottery (this could be an enhancement to the lump of clay), and drawing (think legal or letter size paper rather than huge easel) - including as a child drawing on back of homework papers.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Have a pet cat. :) Or do digital drawing.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif