Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The United Members of the Sims Community

TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
edited September 2016 in Forum Ideas & Feedback
This is a fun little thing that came up in another thread and i would like to try it out.

Note: This is nothing that has to do with politics or excluding people i made sure that i don't violate any forum rules.
Back to topic

The United Members of the Sims Community

The forum seems to have gotten very agressive in the last months. I don't mean the constructive criticism, but more the tension between forum members, fansites and gurus. To change that i like to introduce to you the Organization of United Members of the Simscommunity, or short UMSC™.
Everyone that agrees to take part in this project needs to help make the forums a nicer and better place.

I even made a flag
cgMlPeM.png

Each star represents a simsgame and the laurel wreath around the big plumbob represents the peace between all of us.
The stars are all the same, representing the equality of every simsgame from 1 to 4.

Constitution
  1. My opinion will always be constructive
  2. I will not participate in a forum war or a conflict between users.
  3. I will help any person which gets bullied, because of his opinion
  4. I will help to keep the general atmosphere more positiv
  5. I will never insult any maxis employee

Main points of the first meeting
  • What do you think about this idea?
  • Will you take part?
  • What would you like to add to the constitution?
And the big one:
  • What can WE as forum members do to make this forum a better place?
Post edited by TheSimer on

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The plumbob in the flag is sideways and squished. :'( Poor plumbob.

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    This is actually a really sweet idea. I love the thought of promoting the positive atmosphere so yes, I'd like to participate. I've personally enjoyed all four generations of the game (I still play 2, 3 and 4) so this is a lovely idea to keep everyone equal. Like the flag, too. And I think this could be a lovely start to the positive feelings :smile:
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    edited September 2016
    I love it!!! I already do those things!!! To me I do not care if someone's opinion differs from mine. As long as they are not flat out attacking someone, I will always respect their views. Not only that but I respect them as a person as well. We don't have to have the same views, feeling or beliefs on things to be respectful to another person. I am all for one to express themselves and see no problem with people having heated debates, but when you start name calling and insulting another person that is taking things too far. I don't care if I share the same views as another person and that will not come into play when the bulling of another forum member is involved and I will back the one getting bullied.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    edited September 2016
    Is that how people spell "Organization" in other parts of the world? I am just curious
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited September 2016
    Logisitcs wrote: »
    Is that how people spell "Organization" in other parts of the world? I am just curious

No, it was a mistake :P
  • Options
    DanaKScullyFBlDanaKScullyFBl Posts: 355 Member
    I love this idea, sign me up!! lets show everyone that we ARE a Sims family and we all have a love of the game!!! I've been playing Sims since the days of Sims 1 base game but I will NOT stand for people talking down to others or even try to bully their way just to hear themselves talk!! We are a True Sims Family no matter what!!! *hugs*
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2016
    Logisitcs wrote: »

It's a British English thing...

http://blog.oxforddictionaries.com/2011/03/ize-or-ise/
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    In my opinion where we can start is just respecting that not everyone is going to think and feel the same that we do. We are all different and not one of us is going to have the very same thoughts, feelings, emotions or views on things. When someone has a different point of view on things, there is no need to get offended and there is no need to be nasty to another person for it. When we already know that the thread someone started or the comment they made is baiting someone into a fight, just ignore it and don't reply. Even report it as baiting. I have done that a number of times and those are ALWAYS quickly removed. I mean within SECONDS!!! Also just put those who have history of baiting and bullying on ignore. When something arises, do some research and ask questions. Don't just jump on the banwagon based on what someone told as gospel. Find out for yourself. Google can be a very powerful tool!! To me the things I have mentioned would be good start.
    Post edited by PsychoSimXX on

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Justin291997Justin291997 Posts: 12 New Member
    Cool idea :smile: I like that flag design too. I agree name calling and bullying shouldn't be tolerated in a game forum such as the sims. What can we do to make the forums a better place? I am not sure but maybe time will tell. The moderators will still come and moderate those who are against forum rules but it only helps a little.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    Great idea! I'd love to be a part of this, and I love the flag too! :smiley:

I think this community really needs something like this to pull us all back together again. We stand together or not at all.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    County me in! :smiley:

I would like to see some more community activity around here again and it would be good to put a bit more fun into the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    This is a sweet initiative :) I'm in, and I'm so happy to see the names I do already on this thread, because some of you are people who don't share my views on the games. I am totally down for ongoing constructive disagreement, in discussions that maybe the game designers and devs can gain fresh insight from, into how different Simmers play. And I hope that one of the outcomes of the discussions with SimGuru Drake is that we end up with creative spaces that feel more shared too, so we can enjoy our different Sims games together. I love that moment when I discover that in spite of liking different Sims games, me and another SImmer actually play similarly. And I have so many friends now who play multiple versions! Maybe part of being united can be bringing us together over different things in spite of playing different games.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    In. I'm all for respect and being polite. Lovely idea OP and gorgeous flag. Good for you :+1:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Dunno if I can participate in all meetings given my schedule, but I am all for a united, more polite atmosphere. I might as well say I'm in. I mainly do a lot of this anyways.

Also, the flag is awesome and has a slight Star Trek vibe for myself...lol.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    This certainly is a way to make the forum feel nice to be a regular in again. Seems like it would benefit everyone here.
    TheSimer wrote: »
    This is a fun little thing that came up in another threat and i would like to try it out.
    Just might want to correct that. Seems a little odd and bad uncorrected.

L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    This certainly is a way to make the forum feel nice to be a regular in again. Seems like it would benefit everyone here.
    TheSimer wrote: »
    This is a fun little thing that came up in another threat and i would like to try it out.
    Just might want to correct that. Seems a little odd and bad uncorrected.

LMAO as someone who as someone who is typo queen I love this!!!!

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    SapientsimsolidSapientsimsolid Posts: 3,169 Member
    nice flag, & the sentiment is very good. Have been trying to do all those things already.
    There will be meetings ? Not sure I'll be able to attend meetings though.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    This is a great idea since I hate to see this community getting ruined with a bunch of fighting like some of my old unmodded Sims 3 games used to by EA's bugfest interfering with my story ideas with it's nonsense.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg