Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long does it take to eat a three course meal?

The reason I'm asking is because it is taking the waiter a very long time, or the chief to prepare, haven't decided yet, but my sim has been at the restaurant for over 12 sim hours and she is still waiting to get her desert. How long does it take in sim time for a sim to order and eat a three course meal? Personally in real time I like to be in an out of a restaurant in about 2 hours (depending on what is going on). Also do you know if there a mod that addresses this issue?

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello
    It shouldn't take as long as 12 hours to have the three course meal. Perhaps try testing by having your sims visit another day and see if the issue remains.
    If the issue continues occurring, try having your sims visit a different restaurant and see if the issue remains, , or replace the current restaurant with a version of the same restaurant from your library and see if that helps the issue.

Also, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues.

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    Whenever you get stuck like this the quickest resolution is to simply save/exit to managed worlds and then reenter the sim in play - does that make sense? You will have to reorder your food, but at least it (usually) resets the lot/attendants so that its unstuck.

Take a peek at the Chef the next time this happens, is the Chef doing anything? Or does the Chef seem to just be standing there in some weird loop? This is usually what happens to my game.

Although new restaurants do run poorly as part of their start up routine, over time the workers naturally get better and less fail - but the stuckness will still rear its head from time to time - just exit to hood and reenter the household (which should take you back to the restaurant) fwiw I have seen this occur on other lot types with other attendants, same resolution generally works.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I ended up having my sim do the negative interaction with the chief, that seemed to have solved the problem.
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    haha thats awesome that it unstuck the chef, I will try that next time for s&g :smiley:
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I ended up having my sim do the negative interaction with the chief, that seemed to have solved the problem.

Hello.
    It is good that your sims were able to eventually get the food :)

If you are finding at another time that the food is not being cooked or is not being served, try entering build mode and check that there isn't anything hanging over the chefs station or blocking the shelf on the station that could be causing food cooking or delivery issues.
    Make sure that there is only one tablepiece on the tables and that there are no low hanging lights over the tables.
    Check that there are clear passages for the waiter to walk through the room.
    Check that walls, plants or half walls are not causing routing issues for the waiters .
    See if there are dirty dishes on tables that are stopping waiters from doing their work,and if so, move them yourself to the waiters station.
    This link may help
    http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/06/food-is-not-being-servedcooked/
  • Options
    John65A9John65A9 Posts: 59 Member
    When I go out for dinner, usually I'm back home in time for breakfast
  • Options
    Amberae564Amberae564 Posts: 43 Member
    If I go to a restaurant my Sims won't get a meal half the time. I gave up on ordering something after my initial order because this pack is so buggy that I know my second order won't come.
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    I have the same issue, the chefs never cook my meal and I end up just leaving.
  • Options
    Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    Have any of the gurus given an estimation of how long to expect to order and finish a meal? I can't imagine they intended for several hours to pass by, it would make using the features a hassle and rarely used. I've seen so many reports of the meal never arriving or it taking literally half a sim day to make it to the table - can't imagine they aren't aware of the issue.
  • Options
    sof2106sof2106 Posts: 136 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I tried to do the same thing, but the chef became so furious that he died right in the middle of the restaurant! :D
  • Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    It takes me about 10-12 sim hours too.
  • Options
    RachelRosebudRachelRosebud Posts: 1,103 Member
    I've had problems with my Chef not doing anything, too. The first time I just deleted the Chef Station itself (the object) and repurchased it. That fixed the issue, but on other occasions, nothing happened, so I just closed for the day and the next day it was back to normal. Not sure if it's a bug at this point or a tired employee or just plain WEIRDER STORIES going on, haha! :open_mouth:
  • Options
    GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    When I go to restaurant the first meal is rather quick, but if I want to order a dessert I have to wait hours until it arrives.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited October 2016
    I would not know how long it takes for a 3 course meal, since I am Blue collar worker Middle Class, I am lucky to have 1 course meal never mind 3, since some in the world can not even have the 1, I guess I am luckier then they are, as for the sims, I hardly ever take them out to eat, and when I do I don't sit and watch them, I do other things while they are filling their faces, so again no clue sorry, Remember this month is Pink Month for cancer, I hope others also do what they can to help for the cure, I have made a few Sims in pink outfits for Sims 4 gallery, as well as donated to the cause, Happy Simming to Everyone, :)
    P.S. Also help feed the hungry, help out when you can, cause many can use the food and items needed to survive, especially in the winter months, thank you.
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Grynn wrote: »
    When I go to restaurant the first meal is rather quick, but if I want to order a dessert I have to wait hours until it arrives.

I have a similar problem. If my Sims order more than a drink and one item, they only get the drink and last item.
    For example, if they order a dinner and a dessert, they only get the dessert. If it's an appetizer and dinner, they only get dinner.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    simstr0ngsimstr0ng Posts: 679 Member
    I've been experimenting and having 2 chef stations in a restaurant speeds up service. I also have 2 stands for the wait staff to use to clear dishes. I was having the same long wait problems and this solution helps a lot.
  • Options
    HarrisonHarrison Posts: 315 Member
    This once happened to me, it turned out that the lot creator forgot to add a door to the kitchen. Check if there is a door there.
  • Options
    spontaneousivyspontaneousivy Posts: 250 Member
    Grynn wrote: »

I have a similar problem. If my Sims order more than a drink and one item, they only get the drink and last item.
    For example, if they order a dinner and a dessert, they only get the dessert. If it's an appetizer and dinner, they only get dinner.

Your sims can only order one drink and one food item at a time. You'll have to wait until the first set is served before you can order one drink and one food item again.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited December 2016
    Rosemow's post points to the true culprit in a lot of cases. I've gone through all of my restaurant lots and made sure that the chef stations are completely clear of objects hanging above or too close to the periphery of the footprint. As well, there are always 2 chef stations or more. As in real life, one chef can only do so much.

I dl'd a really nice restaurant lot recently -- George's beer pub, I believe. I did my cleaning routine in the kitchen then sent my sim family for dinner. It worked like a charm. Four sims, starting at roughly 7PM, order drinks and main course, drinks again with dessert, and they were done by roughly 11:30 PM. (That time includes time spent chatting.) It was a really great improvement. Restaurants are actually fun now.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Cynna wrote: »
    I've gone through all of my restaurant lots and made sure that the chef stations are completely clear of objects hanging above or too close to the periphery of the footprint. As well, there are always 2 chef stations or more. As in real life, one chef can only do so much.

I am also putting 2 chef stations in my restaurants - however I wish a Dining Out update would provide a multiple chef station (2-3) designed to accommodate the waiters. My waiters walk through the chef stations.

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I have had this since it came out. Always take ages for food to come I could wait 3 sim hours for one course
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    @ChloeDeCookie have you tried 2 chef stations in a restaurant? Remodel a restaurant (not one you own) and see if that makes a difference in service time.
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I have found that restaurants need to be optimized for efficiency. This means no long treks for waiters and at least two chef stations. Less tables is better too. Make sure that the paths to get to all tables to the kitchen or a service station is minimal. The only thing I don't know is if its an unowned restaurant will the chefs and waiters get better at their jobs? If not that might be an issue too. I have considered making a sim own all the restaurants in town and playing them periodically to make sure that chefs/waiters get the skills they need.