Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male Model Look

wrswrs2wrswrs2 Posts: 935 Member
edited September 2016 in The Sims 4 Sims and Modeling
mmlyzr6y.png

MALE MODEL LOOK
with tjaard van blerk; the search for the top male model

introcro8y.png

Have you seen many male models out there in the sims world? Specifically contests just for the guys? If not, here it is! Male sims are very much underrated in the sims fashion community and this is their chance to show off that a guy can model just as good as his female counterparts!

RULES.png
RULE2.png

JUDGES.png

@kittymeow @Neverfalle @wbombje

Each week models will be judged on the following aspects;

Relevance to theme;
Cleanliness of image;
Overall creativity;
Fondness of image;

Each will be worth 10 points, giving a total of 40 possible points to be earned!
Models Call Out Order each week will be determined by judges score and eliminations by overall scores.

APPLICATION.png

Here is what I need from all of you to apply!

A head shot of model.
A full body photo in JEANS with transparent background.
MODELS NAME -
MODELS AGE -
MODELS COUNTRY OF ORIGIN -
http://ecoast.tumblr.com/ --- Simblr + Im Kreis Custom Content
http://tmmts4.tumblr.com/ --- Top Model Magazine Cover Archive
Post edited by wrswrs2 on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2016
    CAST.png

adam.pngblair.pngerik.pngjordan.png
    max.pngmaxi.pngnico.pngskylar.png

• Options
    edited September 2016
    CAL-OUT.png

TBA

ASSIGNMENT CHART

mml-chart-16rby1.png
    [ subject to change based on actual start date / number of models ]
    :)

• Options
    edited November 2016
    DETAILS.png

task-1.png

TJAARD: Models, welcome to Cape Town, South Africa! I am so happy to host you all here in my home country of South Africa for this competition! Not only is this country home, but also where the next issue of Top Model Homme is being shot, doing a special Africa issue! So I felt it was only right for our first photo to be based off of Africa! South Africa specifically.

You can find settings here and an actual editorial here.
    Clearly my example was a rushed image for TMH, so I trust you all will do better!

What you need to do is...

Use an African setting, like in the example.
    You may either use African clothes OR a modern take on safari styled clothes
    You MAY NOT face plaster, BUT YOU MAY use real clothes photo-shopped on.

Be sure to be creative, you're told that the theme is Africa, but how you do this is all up to you. I like to give a general theme that isn't too specific so that you can use your full creativity to create the image! Remmeber, SA is more than just the safari.

THESE ARE DUE 9/20 @ 10 PM EST
    IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION YOU MUST ASK BY 10 PM EST ON 9/19

It was SO hard to keep spelling Africa with a C and not a K like in Suid-Afrika hahaha

DETAILS.png

task-2kgoal.png

TJAARD| Welcome to week 2! I hope you all enjoyed the 1st week of competition and will all be staying with us for at least 2 or 3 more weeks! This week I thought we would take inspiration for a very famous man, the first man! If you said Adam, you were right! Unless of course you were thinking of our Adam, then you were wrong haha. Adam from Adam & Eve in the Bible! You will be portraying a modern day Adam in the garden of Eden. Instead of grape leaves you will all be wearing underwear from Versace, that you can find here.

Wear the assigned underwear
    Be outside in a garden
    No text or font
    You MAY NOT face plaster, BUT YOU MAY use real garden settings or make then in game

Be sure to be creative, you're told that the theme is A Modern Day Adam in the Garden of Eden, but how you do this is all up to you. I like to give a general theme that isn't too specific so that you can use your full creativity to create the image!

THESE ARE DUE 9/26 @ 10 PM EST
    IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION YOU MUST ASK BY 10 PM EST ON 9/25

@pammiechick @Jendowoz0612 @ironknight35 @SimsORIGfan @m11kj @BobSkellington @taigoesrawr @NShippudenFan

DETAILS.png

task-3jfs3j.png

TJAARD| Congrats on making it to round 3! This week you guys will be shooting an editorial for the November issue of TOP MODEL HOMME! All of you will be shown in the magazine so these photos need to be great! H&M has a new collection called Downtown Maverick and with the upcoming EP of the sims Großstadt, what better of a theme is there to have? You can see the rest of the collection images here.

Wear clothes that fit the Downtown Maverick collection
    They must be fall fashion related
    Be in a city settings, in game or real photos are both OK!
    size requirement: 639 W x 864 H IF you can't get it to look good in that size, then be sure to have to a vertical image and I can just ad a white background to the photo so it fits the size!

THESE ARE DUE 10/02 @ 10 PM EST
    IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION YOU MUST ASK BY 10 PM ON 10/01/2016

DETAILS.png

task-4xgoij.png

TJAARD| This is the last free week models! Come week five there will be eliminations so this is your last shot at safety! This weeks task will lead us to once again model fall fashion. A bit different task from last week though! You will be color blocking, this means your shirt is one color, pants another, usually contrasting colors. Just look at the image in the example. His sweater is orange, pants blue, socks burgundy etc. You also must be posing on rocks! Comfortable right?

Color blocking clothes
    Fall fashion themed
    settings MUST BE ROCKS, either in game or real photos

THESE ARE DUE 10/12 @ 10 PM EST
    IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION YOU MUST ASK BY 10 PM EST ON 10/11

DETAILS.png

task5ydlf9.png

TJAARD| eliminations start this week! I want to make the task super simple so that you all can do fairly well! This is a super simple 'coat' editorial. I want to see all different types of on trend coats. Plain background, be knee to mid thighs up. Super easy right??

Plain GREY background
    model a coat or jacket
    knee or thighs up 3/4 shot

THESE ARE DUE 10/21 @ 10 PM EST - 4 days as it's super simple.
    IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION YOU MUST ASK BY 10 PM EST ON 10/20

DETAILS.png

untitled-3rml5r.png

TJAARD| Congrats on making it past the 1st elimination! This week we are going to be shooting a 'holiday' ad! When I say Holiday, I don't mean Christmas, but an ad that sells holiday clothes! Again, not specifically Christmas, warm stuff. See the example above? I want something like that, but I want to see you obviously. Look bellow for the requirments!

You MUST wear a sweater, make it a nice color, red, maroon etc, but it can have patterns. No blacks or some colors!
    you MUST be in the woods, but overlooking the water!
    You MUST have some sort of Holiday lights in the photo like in the example

THESE ARE DUE 11/03 @ 10 PM EST
    IF YOU NEED AN EXTENSION YOU MUST ASK BY 10 PM EST ON 11/02
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    [ ROUND 1| SOUTH AFRIKA ]
    ADAM

tAvh3K1.png

BLAIR

africafinal_1.jpg

ERIK

comp%201%20-%20Erik%20Aldridge_zps8eqha9p0.png

JORDAN

E7GC6iV.png

MAX

29444276630_7cbb494624_b.jpg

MAXIMILIAN

SyMi1bq.jpg

NICOLAS

Nicolas_Comp_Photo02.png

SYLAR

south%20africa%20chall%20skylar.png777FINAL_zpshydwezz8.png

[ WEEK 2 | MODERN ADAM X VERSACE ]
    ADAM

adam2.jpg

ERIK

erik2.png

JORDAN

jordan2.png

MAXIMILIAN

maxi2.jpg

NICO

nico2.png

SKYLAR

skylar2.png

[ WEEK 3 | H&M MAVERICK ]
    ADAM

adam3.jpg

ERIK

erik3.png

MAXIMILIAN

maxi3.jpg

NICO

nico3.png

SKYLAR

skylar3.png

[ WEEK 4 | COLOR BLOCK ON THE ROCKS ]

ADAM
    adam4.jpg

ERIK

erik4.png

MAXIMILIAN

maxi4.jpg

NICO

nico4.png

SKYLAR

skylar4.png

[ WEEK 5 | FALL FASHION COATS ]

ADAM

CLO8AI2.jpg

ERIK

challenge%205%20-%20coat%20editorial_zpsyc0cixi4.png

MAXIMILIAN

QB1gZlG.jpg

NICO

Nicolas_Jacket.png

SKYLAR

SKYLAR%20POSING%20FOR%20COAT%20STYLE%20COMP_zpspda76ym2.png

• Options
    edited October 2016
    WELCOME to Panel Elimination! Here we will comment & score your photos! Before we begin let me introduce our judges, all of whom are working models. Myself of course, Brandon, Scarlett & Nathaniel as well!

MML_TJAARD.png

TJAARD @wrswrs2
    ADAM

Your graphics look much better than usual! {except for the eyebrows, they look a bit choppy} What is with that random smudge in the middle of your body? The styling is also, not the best. It's a bit like a portly grandfather. Adam, you really need to hit the gym or wear more figure faltering clothes. The settings are nice, edited nicely into the photo, though there are some areas where it's not 100% perfect, like the hand in the knee or the white line under your leg.

Relevance to theme; 7.5/10
    Cleanliness of image; 8/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

ERIK

Hello Erik! I am not super crazy on the jacket and the white under shirt. It just makes it look like just any regular outfit. The graphic quality is, as per usual, great. The settings are amazing as well! I would say like all the others, the pose is a buit dull, but I guess as a male model you don't have many choices in posing.

Relevance to theme; 7.5/10
    Cleanliness of image; 10/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

MAXI

This is a really great photo! I love the background and the color of that shirt jacket top combo thing is great! You also really rock the yellow pants. No quality issues in terms of graphics. I am not as wowed as usual, but this is still a nice photo!

Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Cleanliness of image; 9/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

NICOLAS

Your image quality looks amazing! Whatever you did, do it again next week!! I don't really like the Harry Potter glasses and the colors don't really look great, a bit too much bumble bee! But it has great colors and I love the background!

Relevance to theme; 8.5/10
    Overall creativity; 7.5/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

SKYLAR

Skylar this is the best you have ever looked!! Okay, 2nd thought, last week was better, but still pretty close! The quality of this image looks great and the settings are amazing. Now I have an issue with the pose, the thumbs up kinda makes it look a bit cheesy. The colors, while contrasting as a bit too holiday. Also if you were going to wear a black shirt under the red I would have done a different color hat or just completely ditched it. Still it's a good photo!

Relevance to theme; 8.5/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

MML_SCARLETT.png

Scarlett @Neverfalle
    Adam
    Relevance to theme; 10/10
    Cleanliness of image; 6.5/10
    Overall creativity; 7/10
    Fondness of image; 7.5/10

Awesome look you got going on. The brief was followed well and is overall a good effort! There were a few places that seemed a little iffy, like the smudging at the bottom of the top, but I didn't notice it straight away, so it's not too noticeable. I really quite liked this, though. Good job!

Erik
    Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

I love this background. It looks so tranquil and beautiful. The colours seemed a little dull, more in the sense that there wasn't a huge difference in the tones. Otherwise, this is fantastically edited :)

Maximilian
    Overall creativity; 10/10
    Fondness of image; 10/10

Aw, this is awesome. You've followed the brief to the T. Not much else I can say - great job!

Nico
    Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Overall creativity; 7/10
    Fondness of image; 7/10

The brief was followed well, here. The background kind of threw me off a bit. I don't know if the blurriness gives or takes from the main focus. The colour blocking is well done, and this is an overall good image! :3

Skylar
    Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

The colours are great and the pose is awesome. I love the background. Maybe a few shadows would have given you more of an edge here. But, overall, great job!

MML_BRANDON.png
    BRANDON @kittymeow
    Adam
    Cleanliness of image; 7/10
    Overall creativity; 7/10

You followed the requirements well Adam, good job! I think your outfit looks very cool. I would have maybe liked to see different colours to the example but it's fine. The pose looks a bit strange, he doesn't really look like he's on the rocks and I see you have smudged the top with the bottoms not sure why. Great job with the styling though!

Erik
    Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Overall creativity; 8.5/10
    Fondness of image; 8.5/10

Hey Erik, you look really good here! I really like your outfit but I feel it could do with some more colour. The background is really awesome, you look great with it! I think you may be a bit too big but that's the only problem I have, you look very smooth and clean like always. Awesome entry dude!

Maximilian
    Fondness of image; 10/10

Wowza! Another stunning entry from you Maxi boy! I love this a lot, your styling is awesome and fits the challenge so well. Your pose is very creative and you blend well with background. I love the little touch of the falling leaves too. I'm glad to see you have no more jagged edges! Amazing job Maxi!!

Nico
    Cleanliness of image; 8.5/10
    Overall creativity; 8.5/10
    Fondness of image; 8/10

Hey Nico man! I really like this entry, you look a lot cleaner and clearer yay! I think your outfit is really cool and fits well with the challenge! I'm not so sure about those glasses though haha but that's ok. You're a very good looking guy! I'm not sure if I like the blurry parts of the background but I guess it makes you stand out more. Really good job here Nico!!

Skylar
    Relevance to theme; 9.5/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 9/10

Skylar! You look awesome. I really like your outfit here, I think if the cardigan was a different colour it would be better as it clashes with your hair but I like it anyway and you followed the requirements well. Hey, we have the same hairstyle haha. The background looks really nice and you look a lot cleaner this time round, good job here dude!

MML_NATHANIAL.png
    NATHANIAL @wbombje
    Adam
    Overall creativity; 8/10

Hey Adam! It looks like you followed the prompt really well, I can definitely see color blocking going on. The shoes are awesome and the hat is a nice touch :). I am still seeing some blurred lines and it looks like the area where the shirt meets the pants was over-smudged a bit. The pose also looks a bit awkward. Great job with the prompt and fashion. Awesome job, Adam!

Erik
    Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Cleanliness of image; 9.5/10
    Overall creativity; 9/10
    Fondness of image; 9/10

Erik! This picture looks great. What a beautiful location. I can see the different shades, but I feel like you could have added another color or two. You have such nice clean lines, but you are looking in the wrong direction. This is one of my favorite's this week. Great job, Erik!

Maximilian
    Fondness of image; 10/10

Wow! Another amazing picture this week. I think this is my favorite of yours so far. I love the complimentary colors that you used and the splash of pattern in the socks. Super creative pose and you almost completely blend in with your background.

Nico
    Overall creativity; 7.5/10

I think that you met the challenge of color blocking fall clothing. You are such a handsome man, but I can't say that I really love the outfit. It kind of reminds me of Sesame Street, which is kind of awesome, but I don't know if it's really that fashion forward. I love the unusual nerd glasses, though! I see a lot of blurry lines and your pose looks so stiff! You look very uncomfortable. I do really like this picture, though. Nice job, Nico.

Skylar
    Relevance to theme; 9/10
    Overall creativity; 8/10
    Fondness of image; 9/10

Nice picture, Skylar. I do see different colors, I just kind of wish that they were a little more complimentary. I love the red hair and the outdoorsy background. This is a really nice picture and your lines are a lot cleaner than they were last time.

• Options
    In case anyone might be interested! :)

@alexis3142 @lovejess2 @themysticalpoet @HannaHasSims @Ash89 @Penguinwa101 @flubber32c4 @joanb615 @YJB19299 @picklesthecat114 @Zita1966z @ironknight35 @BobSkellington @CazzTregurtha @psykt @MissBirdie @AshLenn @Kelebek @abillings1978 @xJojox @HAROZ @pammiechick @dafadolly @Pebblycat @abelhinha35 @Meeshelby @Phoenix_Rain @JenLadyBird88 @MizoreYukii @LilacErin @BeechNutBaby @ColorMePink @Vanadis @IncomingVirus @ladybug65 @NotMeMaggie @JKAmaryllis @Sterretjeee @Chaos_Fairy @Hannie @Maladi777 @EmmaSmile @strawberrigurl @katniss9 @fabtiffsim @Jellysimwich @JennaCatz @ChloeDeCookie @gramatique @iiimee @Doll_9 @HappyPanda @xCurlySimmerx @natastic @krissybogey @KenzRe @Jendowoz0612 @XLexisimsX @ThomasLeThomas @princess2109 @Spottydog714 @doicky96 @remi_narrow @CitizenErased14 @kittymeow @Klept0maniac94 @KARDASH1988 @wbombje @NShippudenFan @peppergirl84 @theafricansim @Neverfalle
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Looks Interesting however I cant participate sorry. School has just started so I don't have too much time and I have other things to work on too.
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    I may jump in...how many days between challenges?
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    Around 4 to 5, usually 5 :)@pammiechick
  • Options
    Okay. Sounds good. I'll submit my guy soon! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I'll join! I'm so glad that you decided to do this :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    NShippudenFanNShippudenFan Posts: 3,825 Member
    This sounds cool! Think I'll go ahead and try this out especially since I was eliminated from a couple other comps recently XD. But I still have fun haha. School keeps me busy but I'd like to do this XD.

I'll go ahead and use Devon Hopkins -my "model male sim" for this probably X).

At the moment I've just moved to a new house and we don't currently have Internet --though I'm using my phone for posting this haha-- so we'll see when I'll post him! Might be a few days!
    LOVER of all things cosplay, anime, cats, Shadowhunters, and Sims 4!

Origin ID: Sims4Girl202

• Options
    I'd like to get this started in about 3 days, but I know what he looks like already so if you can't post his stuff RTM it's okay!
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2016
    Me too, @ironknight. I'm most definitely in @wrswrs2!

• Options
    MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    This looks awesome! I unfortunately can't spare the time right at the moment, but will be lurking!
  • Options
    Glad to see some people are interested! :D I wasn't so sure how a male model contest would be received haha,
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    @wrswrs2 I am New only 1 Round so far in a Comp... I LOVE making Male Simmies so I am IN..... Sounds FUN!
  • Options
    TEXASTWANGTONYATEXASTWANGTONYA Posts: 4,940 Member
    edited September 2016
    :) Thanks for Hosting
    Post edited by TEXASTWANGTONYA on
  • Options
    Jendowoz0612Jendowoz0612 Posts: 8,212 Member
    edited September 2016
    Glad you're aboard @SimsORIGfan I love creating males too. Look forward to seeing your entries.

• Options
    Blair Wahine

USA

blair3.png

blair1.png
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    oooo very stylish man @pammiechick

Thank you, sweets!!! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    I Will post my Application today. I've decide not to use Jake for this one (My Sim that is in Top Model Magazine Search)... Decided to use a Sim that I haven't used for Modeling yet :)
    He/Him
  • Options
    Great entry @pammiechick
  • Options
    Could we use a White background instead of a transparent one? I'm having a terrible time trying to cut the hair out. :D
    He/Him