Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A General Sims Discussionary Area

I've been thinking for the past few days. I've noticed, as I hang out there, that forum threads that don't encompass one sims iteration in entirety end up in off topic. Sometimes they cover the sims as a franchise, rather than being entirely off topic. My thought turn to such that we ought to have an area that covers the sims as a franchise.

As I was passing, I thought I would share my thought. Though the last time I did this it didn't go well.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited September 2016
    I would like this too. Stuff ends up in Off Topic, but it's about the franchise. A "Sims Franchise" category could let us compare games or talk about their history or share gameplay in a thread intended to be for all the games, including console and mobile.

Oh - and adding that I'd like this even though I play just one Sims game currently. I care about and am attached to the franchise as a whole and I thing a place for that would benefit the community overall and help us bring out our common ground.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    It would be a great idea to have a general sims section for discussions of all versions and include rotational play in that section since a lot of us do play all versions rotationally.I play both Sims 2 and 3 rotationally and others are doing the same.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Jasmine_and_lilyJasmine_and_lily Posts: 34 Member
    I agree so far ...^.^...
    I also have a question about wanting a place to just talk about things like different playing styles and such. Or maybe there is a place... would that fall under any current topic heading?
    Jasmine & Lily

Cx3anAC.jpg

...^.^...
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    edited October 2016
    This is what I was going to say:
    I've thought about that a lot too. A place where topics discuss what makes and keeps the franchise "The Sims" for players. What makes it great and what we wish were different...across the board.

Those of us who have played virtually every single sim game with expansions etc. have an entirely different mind set and experience than those who were toddlers when TS 1 came out.
    It would be nice to have a place to discuss "the good ole days" or speculate on the future of the franchise.
    I know my age and life experiences have changed the focus of my gameplay.

As far as issues and concerns go It seems like so many fights break out between simmers because topics are turned into TS4 fans vs TS3 fans rather than focusing on determining or fixing a problem. Some problems are franchise wide and don't seem to change.

Anyway, Yeah. I like that idea.

But then I saw that there is a General Sims discussion forum; under "Previous Sims Games".

Seems like the wrong place for it. Personally I think the General category would be more appropriate. And not just because I was too lazy to scroll to the bottom for two years. :p

19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    TeikneTeikne Posts: 8 New Member
    I was going to post this as its own thread, but after realizing I'am still a new member, and can't post new threads I was looking for a place to fit this in.

I wish EA would stop "killing the mystery". The player tips that pop up on the loading screen, when it says I can get a voodoo doll with high mischief skill for instance, I'll rather discover this on my own. Like why can this sim order the voodoo doll and this other sim cannot?

An other example is the closed off mine in Oasis Springs. When you hover over it, it says you need handiness level 10 to break it open. I rather it was unclickable until you tried with a sim with handiness level 10. That way the mystery was still alive. Like with Bella Goth in the sims 2 that mystery was never killed certainly, and I think that was what made it so popular.
  • Options
    Callous_LilyCallous_Lily Posts: 198 Member
    Teikne wrote: »
    I was going to post this as its own thread, but...
    I wish EA would stop "killing the mystery". The player tips that pop up on the loading screen, when it says I can get a voodoo doll with high mischief skill for instance, I'll rather discover this on my own. Like why can this sim order the voodoo doll and this other sim cannot?

... that mystery was never killed certainly, and I think that was what made it so popular.

Maybe a spoiler tag that requires a 2nd mouse click to see the hint? Since some players like the tips.
  • Options
    drvanlaeckedrvanlaecke Posts: 3 New Member
    Love the new sims 4 vampires I think its a lot of fun. Maybe some superheros would be fun. Most of all I would like to see mare places to go on vacation maybe to go ski or the beach. Great game keep up the good work.
  • Options
    mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    For a long time I've wanted to see more integrated areas of the forum rather than everything having to be separated into little sections by game type. There are so many topics that can simply be discussed because we are all Simmers and share that in common, that has nothing to do with what game we happen to be playing at the moment -- and frankly, many Simmers play more than one game as it is. Right now really there is only the shared "all games" Creative Corner section (that I know of), but I completely agree that a place for general discussion between Simmers of all games would be a valuable asset to the community.
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
    Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
    My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges
  • Options
    The_Black_FamilyThe_Black_Family Posts: 32 Member
    Yep.
    Contract TS4 into smaller and fewer sections, and add a "General Sims Series" section at the top or bottom.