Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can You Hear the Violins? An Ambrosia Challenge UPDATED 16/10/17

Comments

• Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @cshaner and @WitcHazard I think you're right, she's a wonderful friend! :smiley:

@WitcHazard He had such a lovely day out! It was lovely to see Don being all dad-like, even if he still doesn't admit it =p

Claude is a lot more mature than a boy his age should have to be, which is probably one of the things he has in common with Lori. He loves his mother, regardless of how others would see her, because she loves him. I think Lori is still a bit too entrenched in Pirate-is-more-honourable-than-thief to let herself completely understand, but they do have more in common than she'd like to admit.

I'm sorry it took so long to reply to you both! I'll try to do better :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    Chapter 15 - Treasure
    lori-ss03.jpg?w=700
    I promised Lori's back story - I hope this was worth the wait! :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    It definitely was the whole tale makes you care more about Lori and how sad it was when something she did led to her whole families demise. Does she have the memories of what happened? Also Lori was adorable alive and her mother was Beautiful!
  • Options
    @WitcHazard I don't think she has memories of the battle itself, or the moment of death, but she has all her memories from before it. The ones after it (before Callie came along) probably blend together - I don't think she knows exactly how much time has passed.
    It makes sense that she's so against what Cat does when her mother reacted so badly to even accidental stealing. To her, it's dishonourable. I don't know if she knows that her actions were what caused their death, though. If she did, I think it might drive her mad.

Lori was such a cutie! I was really happy to finally be able to show you guys how she looked alive. And her mother is stunning! :) It really did break my heart to kill them... I cried a lot =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 16 - Winterfest
    amb-16-ss02.jpg?w=700
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Aw he bought them a lap for the darkness how sweet Claude is adorable and considerate! Another good chapter with this almost family. Glad Cat is going to get help she deserves to be freed from her struggle. Happy New Year!
  • Options
    @WitcHazard Happy New Year to you, too :)
    Claude is so sweet <3 I think it's having him around that made Cat realise she couldn't keep on going the way she was - she wants to be there for her son, and her behaviour is endangering that. Fingers crossed she can find a good therapist :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 17 - Help
    amb-17-ss10.jpg?w=700
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Thymeless Love love love. :heart:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    @cshaner thank you! I'm having to go a bit darker with these chapters in order to get to the point in the challenge where we can get properly started, but I promise things will be ok in the end :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Yay update! Claude is having problems at school but nothing like a cool friend to make your mind at ease. Glad Cat saw Dr.Rosa who by the way is a beautiful sim. And that line they could try just makes me love this kid even more <3
  • Options
    @WitcHazard Dr. Rosa is one of the most beautiful sims I've ever managed to create, that's for certain! :)
    Claude is definitely having a hard time - children can be cruel. At least he has Elsa (and maybe Lucas) to hang out with. He's very loyal, really - he'd probably fight anyone who tried to hurt people he cares about. Even if he is small.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Two chapters! One that I forgot to post about, and a new one today :)
    Chapter 18 - Only Children
    amb-18-ss44.jpg?w=700

Chapter 19 - The Man in Black
    amb-19-ss21.jpg?w=700
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Okay Clara was a out of line with those comments!
    Bjorne is a creep!
    Elsa I can already tell this contract thing is going to be a problem in the future I just hope you stay by Claude's side even if just as a friend!
    Don think before you speak we don't need young Claude getting any weird ideas.
    Between Vlad and the voice I don't know who I dispise more!
    Oh Claude I hope everything is going to be okay!
  • Options
    She was out of line, but it does kind of make sense from her perspective. Her husband is a creep, so I don't think she has much faith in men, especially ones with reputations like Don has.

Elsa... well, she was born into that sort of world - it isn't a big deal to her, but Claude hasn't ever heard of something like that before, so he reacted... well, like Claude =p And then the voice got involved and things went a bit weird.

Speaking of weird, Don did really try to be careful with his talking -
    I think had he been allowed to carry on with the Austen novel comparisons he'd have been fine, but it didn't quite work out =p I don't think Claude has much more of a clue now as to why Elsa needs a chaperone, but he isn't afraid of being married off anymore which is good enough. Also, I don't think he understands how people get pregnant, so he's still oblivious in lots of ways.

Vlad is such a creep - I didn't know that vampires would autonomously break into houses! I wasn't planning on having him in this story but then he just started being a weird house-invader.

Claude has problems, but I love him too much to let him be in a bad situation for long, so you know that whatever happens I will let him be happy after the things have happened. :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Chapter 20 - Garlic is the Spice of (After)Life
    amb-20-ss30.jpg?w=700

Sorry it's a few days late - turned out longer than I expected ^^;;
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Well things are only going to get weirder from here! Ghosts and vampires Claude just can't catch a break. Loved the update!
  • Options
    @WitcHazard Very true! Things are getting slightly out of hand, I think =p I'm so happy you enjoyed it! <3
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @WitcHazard @Thymeless yep I thought the same thing. Poor kid is having enough problems in his own head with his illness now to be faced with all these supernatural elements as well! I do love our poor Claude! :heart:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • Options
    @cshaner I love him so much! I always feel terrible when I write bad things happening to him, or his world getting more messed up. The vampire thing was actually the game's fault - Vlad broke in on his own, and I was just like 'you know what, you're in the story now. deal with it.'
    I'm afraid things will get worse before they get better, but I promise that they WILL get better :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Chapter 21 - Paved With Good Intentions
    amb-20-ss221.jpg?w=700

Also, CASTING CALL! Please post submissions under a spoiler thing, because of what it's for =p I don't want to spoil the surprise for anyone who hasn't read the latest chapter. Cut off date will be 6am Saturday 4th GMT.

Details of casting call:
    Sims between YA and Elder. Must have the insane trait. Any species, male or female, and as long as they have 'insane' the other traits/aspirations are up to you! Backstories would help, but please no murderers/r*pists - it's not massively high security. Next week's chapter will be a little late so I can give you all a week to make sims :) Please use the hashtag #ViolinsAsylum for submissions! <3

There are some things I'd like to say - I'm not gonna be playing the challenge sadistically - I want it to feel real. I want to treat the conditions with respect.

Post edited by Thymeless on
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Not my baby Claude no Cat you should have listened to Don and actually thought of a bulletproof plan!

Side note does your casting call have a particular hashtag to use?

Also I'll probably just post their back stories here under spoiler I'm not sure how pictures work. You can put me down for three of them I have some crazy sims I could give you. :p
  • Options
    @WitcHazard OOoooh! I look forward to seeing them! <3 And I guess the tag should be:
    #ViolinsAsylum
    I didn't think about a hastag, I've never done this before! I'll update the original posts :)

But yeah, Cat's plan was good, but it relied on Vlad being asleep. And you should never rely on Vlad for anything #LifeAdvice =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    Introducing The Insanity Trio!
    Alphonso Florez
    Reason for Entree: Disassociative Personality Disorder.
    Summary:
    Al has always loved the idea of pranking those around him sometimes he goes too far. Ever since his mother left him as a child he's tried to make is life fun again by pranking anyone and everyone. He says he can't be blamed for his crimes since he didn't do it. it was the demon Balthazar. He made a contract with him to make him laugh in exchange for him using his body. Also his mother abandoning him has caused him to have a strong dislike for woman. He tolerates Cathy because Balthazar has a crush on her.

Cathy Darling
    Reason for Entree: Borderline Personality Disorder
    Summary:
    Cathy has been was a typical girl next door who would make friends with anyone. However once she couldn't become friends with the popular kids she decided if they didn't want to be her friend she'd make them her friend. after digging up dirt on the other students she blackmailed them into a friendship. when some one them strayed she gave them "Punishments". When when a member of the student council found out about her he turned evidence over to the police. She felt she had done nothing wrong since all she wanted was to be there friend. hjer parents testified that she had always been unwell now she had been sentenced to the Asylum. When someone doesn't return her feelings of friendship she gets very depressed.

Cobalt Lazuli

Reason for Entree:Hydrophobia
    Summary:
    Cobalt the friendly giant has a eccentric fear of water after almost drowning in a neighbors pool. His father tried to cure it himself which only made the fear grow. This sparked a unrealistic expectation with the color blue. He believes that if he wears the color blue maybe water won't kill him. This also started his obsession with staying fit since there's so much water out there he has to be strong enough to take it on the next time they fight. He doesn't ever like drinking water. He only gets a bath after he's been sedated.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    @WitcHazard Thank you! I probably won't be able to use them all, but at least one will end up in the story :) I really like Cobalt, so he will definitely be in it!

signature-gen-3.jpg