Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Aurora Skies, Gold vs Standard, cost

So... I was planning to get AS Gold, but when I looked, it doesn't seem to make sense. Tiny Prodigies is 1,539sp, and Standard is 2,426sp, for a total of 3,965sp. But gold is 4,307sp. Is there other content only in gold, or should I buy Tiny Prodigies and Standard, saving 342sp?

Comments

• Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited August 2016
    Gold is standard plus the venue, so you won't get anything extra.

If you can get it cheaper by splitting them up, go for it! I'm not sure if the venue has been coming up on the Daily Deal, but you might want to check into the daily deal thread (if it's still being monitored) to see if you can get it even cheaper. ;)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/866448/daily-deal-dd-rotation-and-sales-help-continuation-of-september-list/p66
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    XanthinaXanthina Posts: 86 Member
    Oh my goodness, that is awesome! I buy most of my stuff though Daily Deals, but I never saw that thread before. You have made my night!
  • Options
    JahnnaJahnna Posts: 406 Member
    edited August 2016
    No Aurora Skies doesn't come on DD I think you can only get it through "Make Me A Offer". I'm not sure if it ever comes on "Sale" but I doubt it does. I've done the same thing. I got the Tiny Prodigies Centre separate and then Aurora Skies Standard (A generous gift!). You get everything you would with Gold with the exception that it won't register as owning Gold so you'd still be able to purchase the Gold Version even though you own everything.

That is because in the Gold Version the Lot "Tiny Prodigies..." is already placed in the world, in the Standard it comes without it of course, that's why I can't register as it being owned in Gold.

I would also strongly recommend this thread: Love Kids Stuff? You can get Store Kids Stuff and Premium Content worth several thousand simpoints for just 400 simpoints by doing a cascade. It's all explained in the first post! I did it as well and it worked!
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
    TheSims3.com: Jahnna
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Jahnna wrote: »
    No Aurora Skies doesn't come on DD I think you can only get it through "Make Me A Offer". I'm not sure if it ever comes on "Sale" but I doubt it does. I've done the same thing. I got the Tiny Prodigies Centre separate and then Aurora Skies Standard (A generous gift!). You get everything you would with Gold with the exception that it won't register as owning Gold so you'd still be able to purchase the Gold Version even though you own everything.

That is because in the Gold Version the Lot "Tiny Prodigies..." is already placed in the world, in the Standard it comes without it of course, that's why I can't register as it being owned in Gold.

I would also strongly recommend this thread: Love Kids Stuff? You can get Store Kids Stuff and Premium Content worth several thousand simpoints for just 400 simpoints by doing a cascade. It's all explained in the first post! I did it as well and it worked!

If worlds come up on the DD, it's rare (I don't recall Aurora Skies ever), but I've seen venues frequently appear on the DD. If the OP can get another 30% or so off of it, all the better!

Also, OP, don't bother buying the premium items separately. Unless they've changed it, they won't count for a CYS towards the venue. We pleaded for them to include this long before they shut down posting on the TS3 site.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Anmirla wrote: »

If worlds come up on the DD, it's rare (I don't recall Aurora Skies ever), but I've seen venues frequently appear on the DD. If the OP can get another 30% or so off of it, all the better!

Also, OP, don't bother buying the premium items separately. Unless they've changed it, they won't count for a CYS towards the venue. We pleaded for them to include this long before they shut down posting on the TS3 site.

The DDs haven't changed since Sept 2012 and as far as I know Sunlit Tides is the only world that comes on a DD, because I purchased it then. The latest venues don't count towards CYS but it's different with every set so you just gotta watch out for the "This Set is no available for the Complete Your Set Discount at this time."
    Premium items still count towards the CYS-discount but it has to be on a Set that it eligible for that anyway. I just got the Everyday Teens Collection on a DD extremely reduced because it had a very high CYS-discount because I owned the premium content of the set.

But there are little tricks, as an example the "Le Cinema Plumbob"-Venue , it doesn't come on DD, it's not eligible for the CYS-discount and the only set it's part of is the March 2013 Compilation. However, the March 2013 Compilation IS eligible for the CYS, so if you can grab items or the premium content "Large as Life Movie Screen" on a normal SALE like I did you can get a discount on the 2013 March Compilation. I already own the "Live, Laugh, Love" set of that compilation and because I got the movie screen on a sale my price for the Compilation is 705 simpoints reduced from 3,218, comparing that to the 2,080 simpoints the "Le Cinema Plumbob" venue would cost on it's own.
    I own the store since March 4th, 2017! Thanks to everybody who has helped me achieve this!
  • Options
    XannahXannah Posts: 42 Member
    @Xanthina , if I were you, I would get the Gold version. Apart from the venue items, there are about 18 more items included in the Gold version that aren't available in the Standard, which you can't acquire by any other means. If you get the Standard version and later on you want to acquire the Gold, you will have to pay the full price again, as there's no option to "upgrade" the Standard map. I'm giving you this piece of advice from my own experience, as I bought the Standard and later on I regreted it when I payed the full price for the Gold version :/

I can't share the link where you can check the Gold items as I'm not a full member yet :/ But you can check it out in the store.
    Banner004.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Xannah wrote: »
    @Xanthina , if I were you, I would get the Gold version. Apart from the venue items, there are about 18 more items included in the Gold version that aren't available in the Standard, which you can't acquire by any other means. If you get the Standard version and later on you want to acquire the Gold, you will have to pay the full price again, as there's no option to "upgrade" the Standard map. I'm giving you this piece of advice from my own experience, as I bought the Standard and later on I regreted it when I payed the full price for the Gold version :/

I can't share the link where you can check the Gold items as I'm not a full member yet :/ But you can check it out in the store.

That is not true. These so called 18 gold-only items are the items that come with the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center that you can purchase separate. That's just a trick to get people to buy the gold version when they could just buy standard and the Learning Centre separate and save 400 simpoints or to do a terrible mistake as you did and buy the Gold version afterwards.

Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean. You will see what they claim to be Gold only is actually just the items from the Learning Centre. Every single one, there is no advantage to buying the gold version. I own the standard version of Aurora Skies and bought "The Center" separate, I saved 400 simpoints and I own everything the gold version would give me. Why you can still see the purchase button on the left site I explained before but will quote it here again. @Xannah Please read the previous posts before you post false information. :smile:
    You get everything you would with Gold with the exception that it won't register as owning Gold so you'd still be able to purchase the Gold Version even though you own everything.

e78f3d8fce328dad3c04e4839ca2b726.jpg
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    I bought Aurora Skies from the Make Me An Offer Machine. I chose the Standard version since Gold doesn't seem to come with more items than Standard + Venue and buying them separately is cheaper. I think the offer I got was decent; it included some other things that I also wanted, but the overall discount was rather modest.

The Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center doesn't come up on the Daily Deal, and is not eligible for the CYS discount. I'm hoping it will come up on the MMAO machine eventually, but after several weeks of checking daily I have yet to see it. I have seen other venues offered, but I may eventually buy it at full price.

I haven't seen worlds or venues show up on the weekly sales.
  • Options
    Oh, you are totally right, @Jahnna, I didn't realize about that. So, @Xanthina, better to take Jahnna's piece of advice :)

Anyway, nowadays I would have purchased the Gold version to avoid AS appearing in the Make Me An Offer section and so, but I could have save Simpoints not buying the Standard one from the beginning ^^Uu
    Banner004.jpg
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member

That is not true. These so called 18 gold-only items are the items that come with the Tiny Prodigies Early Learning Center that you can purchase separate. That's just a trick to get people to buy the gold version when they could just buy standard and the Learning Centre separate and save 400 simpoints or to do a terrible mistake as you did and buy the Gold version afterwards.

Here is a screenshot so you can see what I mean. You will see what they claim to be Gold only is actually just the items from the Learning Centre. Every single one, there is no advantage to buying the gold version. I own the standard version of Aurora Skies and bought "The Center" separate, I saved 400 simpoints and I own everything the gold version would give me. Why you can still see the purchase button on the left site I explained before but will quote it here again. @Xannah Please read the previous posts before you post false information. :smile:
    You get everything you would with Gold with the exception that it won't register as owning Gold so you'd still be able to purchase the Gold Version even though you own everything.

e78f3d8fce328dad3c04e4839ca2b726.jpg

This... :)

I brought the standard version of AS and was gifted the venue. So I have everything that comes with the Gold version without having to buy that version... ;)

• Options
    edited August 2016
    @lisasc360 Was the other way around for me, I bought the venue and was gifted the world. ;-) Either way people would save 400 simpoints or so.

@Xannah You are right with that, however the MMAO offers aren't really that good most of the time and if you own most of the store you can just farm points by watching the free ads videos and then buy the gold version with that, but never with real money and never when there's other stuff that you want that'd come on DD or Sales.
  • Options
    @lisasc360 Was the other way around for me, I bought the venue and was gifted the world. ;-) Either way people would save 400 simpoints or so.

@Xannah You are right with that, however the MMAO offers aren't really that good most of the time and if you own most of the store you can just farm points by watching the free ads videos and then but the gold version with that, but never with real money and never when there's other stuff that you want that'd come on DD or Sales.

@Jahnna , you're totally right, again. I've never bought anything from the store with real money. I've been farming and farming points with the videos (doing it right now, in fact). The only thing I would probably pay money for in a future is Monte Vista :smile:
    Banner004.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2016

@Xannah You are right with that, however the MMAO offers aren't really that good most of the time and if you own most of the store you can just farm points by watching the free ads videos and then but the gold version with that, but never with real money and never when there's other stuff that you want that'd come on DD or Sales.

@Jahnna , you're totally right, again. I've never bought anything from the store with real money. I've been farming and farming points with the videos (doing it right now, in fact). The only thing I would probably pay money for in a future is Monte Vista :smile:

That's the same thing I did. Never spent a real penny, but I bought Monte Vista extremely reduced for like £2 because I wanted the Wood Fire Oven which is not available for individual sale. :cookie:
  • Options

That's the same thing I did. Never spent a real penny, but I bought Monte Vista extremely reduced for the like £2 because I wanted the Wood Fire Oven which is not available for individual sale. :cookie:

The only money that I spent on any store worlds are Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Dragon Valley and Barnacle Bay as I had brought those from retail stores. The rest of the worlds I got was from watching the sponsor paid ads. I got the standard version of Sunlit Tides when they did have it listed on the sale page right after Island Paradise came out and it was listed half off. Then I brought Serenity Retreat through the MMAO when it came up on it. Then I brought The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire on the DD rotation as I had always wanted that, plus the fact the I had built a castle themed rollercoaster venue and wanted to use the items from that set on the lot... :)

• Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

That's the same thing I did. Never spent a real penny, but I bought Monte Vista extremely reduced for the like £2 because I wanted the Wood Fire Oven which is not available for individual sale. :cookie:

The only money that I spent on any store worlds are Monte Vista, Hidden Springs, Dragon Valley and Barnacle Bay as I had brought those from retail stores. The rest of the worlds I got was from watching the sponsor paid ads. I got the standard version of Sunlit Tides when they did have it listed on the sale page right after Island Paradise came out and it was listed half off. Then I brought Serenity Retreat through the MMAO when it came up on it. Then I brought The Duke of Bows Renaissance Faire on the DD rotation as I had always wanted that, plus the fact the I had built a castle themed rollercoaster venue and wanted to use the items from that set on the lot... :)

I bought Sunlit Tides when it was on a DD I think it was more than 50% and I bought the Serenity Retreat on a DD as well. The Dukes I just got on the DD recently. :D Just waiting for "The Boardwalk" to come on DD on Sept 5th.
  • Options
    That's the same thing I did. Never spent a real penny, but I bought Monte Vista extremely reduced for like £2 because I wanted the Wood Fire Oven which is not available for individual sale. :cookie:

Wow! That was a great deal! :smiley: Here, in Spain, is 20€, not the real equivalent to 20$... too much for that content, in my opinion :(
    Banner004.jpg
  • Options

Wow! That was a great deal! :smiley: Here, in Spain, is 20€, not the real equivalent to 20$... too much for that content, in my opinion :(

Well it was reduced from a local store. :)
  • Options
    lisasc360 wrote: »

I bought Sunlit Tides when it was on a DD I think it was more than 50% and I bought the Serenity Retreat on a DD as well. The Dukes I just got on the DD recently. :D Just waiting for "The Boardwalk" to come on DD on Sept 5th.

I was gifted the Boardwalk venue but I still haven't brought Roaring Heights yet. I need to either have the hubby buy it over on Origin or buy an EA card and redeem it for the world.

I also brought the standard version of Lucky Palms and then brought the casino on the DD.

The only Gold version world that I ever brought was Midnight Hollow as I wanted the extra content that only comes with the venue. I had already had brought the Titanic Toy Machine when it was on the sale page awhile ago. But since I really wanted the actual venue that comes with the world since that wasn't sold separately from the world, I brought MH through the MMAO along with a few little things that made the whole total lesser than the world itself... :)