Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

online dating?

is there online dating with Sim 4? I see the penpal thing, just didn't know if it escalated to anything beyond that.

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,405 Member
    No unfortuanly but it's been mentioned in a Survey called Find Love.
  • Options
    ginger170ginger170 Posts: 148 Member
    I would like an online dating for the Sims computer.
    Where Sims pay for gain access and build up relationships.
  • Options
    crazycat_135crazycat_135 Posts: 1,349 Member
    This would be nice to have back. :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,762 Member
    if we have online dating..I think we should also have arranged marriages within the game itself..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    simgamesimgame Posts: 538 Member
    YES! They should add this in to a pack!!!
  • Options
    ginger170 wrote: »
    I would like an online dating for the Sims computer.
    Where Sims pay for gain access and build up relationships.

Yes this is how I want my sims to meet the one I have picked out for them.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    They'd need to introduce a turn ons-turn offs system first. As it stands, every townie is available for you to see right from the get-go. No need for online dating when you can pick anyone you want with no fuss.

If your Sims would outright refuse to date someone who didn't meet up to their tastes, and the only way to find "the one" was to filter the available townies by their various "attractiveness traits", then sure, online dating would be handy.

It'd be neat if they made the UI some kind of Tinder-like app, where you could actually swipe through the available Sims, read up on their bios (and traits), and even view photos you've attached to their profiles. That'd be great fun.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I also want this back, from time to time I get the chat option, but then it turns to chat with, and I only get sims that I already know.
    Some sims are busy, don't have time to go around town chatting up new mates o:)
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I'd like this too, and not just computer-based but also a phone-based Tinder-like version, for scoping out who might be compatible and is in the neighborhood. Plus a matchmaker :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Yes to the matchmaker! But @kwanzaabot makes a good point that without the turn on and turn offs, or some similar system, there wouldn't be a huge point to it... But @Marley V is so right that it's very annoying that your Sims can only chat with Sims they already know on the computer.

I'd also want some tweaks to the TS3 system - there was no discrimination on TS3 online dating between married and unmarried Sims. I'd only want married Sims to show up by default if they're Noncommital or Serial Romantics.
  • Options
    Devil_NevilleDevil_Neville Posts: 2 New Member
    I'd like this too, and not just computer-based but also a phone-based Tinder-like version, for scoping out who might be compatible and is in the neighborhood. Plus a matchmaker :)
    Yeah, a sim-tinder would be so funny. So you would go on your phone and it would be an option on there. Then you would click 'Make Account' then you would have the option to take a picture for your profile and write about yourself. Kind of like the sims 3 ambitions dating site except with more detail and options. Once you've made your profile you can start swiping or liking/disliking sims who come up just like Tinder. Then you would get messages from sims who liked you back. Again like the sims 3 dating site but with more options. One thing that really needed to be fixed in my opinion on the dating site was that sims who were married and such would be options, so that would have to be changed to only single sims. :D

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member

I've seen simder be suggested before.
    I think it'd be a pretty good addition to the game.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimPandasSimPandas Posts: 10 New Member
    This would be awesome! Like a little computer option, and maybe if you wanted to go into more detail: adding a profile creator to match you to the closest sim? There could also be troll accounts like the charity option.

• Options
    MiataPlayMiataPlay Posts: 6,155 Member
    Agreed. This feature is missing! It will come in handy if you have a single parent raising a toddler and working full time. I hope they add it.
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    They'd need to introduce a turn ons-turn offs system first. As it stands, every townie is available for you to see right from the get-go. No need for online dating when you can pick anyone you want with no fuss.

If your Sims would outright refuse to date someone who didn't meet up to their tastes, and the only way to find "the one" was to filter the available townies by their various "attractiveness traits", then sure, online dating would be handy.

It'd be neat if they made the UI some kind of Tinder-like app, where you could actually swipe through the available Sims, read up on their bios (and traits), and even view photos you've attached to their profiles. That'd be great fun.

Online dating is a lot funner. I want it back.
  • Options
    SimPandas wrote: »
    This would be awesome! Like a little computer option, and maybe if you wanted to go into more detail: adding a profile creator to match you to the closest sim? There could also be troll accounts like the charity option.

Online Dating should also be on the sims smart phone.
  • Options
    EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    Online dating in TS4 would add so many story options for creators! Would be awesome!
  • Options
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    Online dating in TS4 would add so many story options for creators! Would be awesome!

And Let's Players.
  • Options
    Nutaroo22Nutaroo22 Posts: 2 New Member
    I wish I knew this before I made 11 different Sims that one of my Sims could possibly date.... I thought you could do this!
  • Options