Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Omg the lighting is perfect!!! (new lighting mod)

I was just testing out a new lighting mod in Sunlit Tides, Perfect Day by Brntwaffles, and Nilxis realistic clouds mod. I think I'm in love! I shared these on my tumblr, but had to share them here. These are completely unedited.

28169320454_7c1c1a6d8e_b.jpgAU

28787117665_96acfa75fb_b.jpgAU

28787114175_070e8c1b98_b.jpg

28709921591_d6e9d7e2ba_b.jpgAU

28709922741_c9ff8bedeb_b.jpgAU

28675275961_8359130669_b.jpg
Ridiculous Time of Layla and Harris - Wishacy (PG)
Look What We Started- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT)
ISLAND END- Simblr (MATURE CONTENT, link is for scene list on sims.com)
Studio

Comments

• Options
    Kylieb191Kylieb191 Posts: 4,653 Member
    So pretty!
    Friends?: http://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Kylierose19
    Proud member of the "I own the store" club
    Zpj9msL.png
    The real me:https://twitter.com/CupidStupidLov3
  • Options
    KarinLKarinL Posts: 3,989 Member
    I love all of Brntwaffles' lighting mods. I'm currently using Fresh Cut Day (with University water) and I love it. I'm using the Alien Sky version for when I play Lunar Lakes, and it's amazing.
    This one seems perfect for Sunlit Tides. Great pictures!!
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    Wow. I must ask does your game lag? Those pictures are awesome.
  • Options
    ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,237 Member
    I hardly saw the lighting, too busy looking at those guys in your pics! <3
    The lighting is very very nice too.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited August 2016
    I was a little hesitant to try out a lighting mod that was not burntwaffles but I'm sorry happy with that lighting mod by nilxis. Your pics look great.

@minx As long as you have a decent PC, lighting mods do not add that much strain to the game. My game runs perfect as long as I have errortrap + overwatch, reset town every few sim weeks, and turn off at least wild horses.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    edited (brightness, unsharp mask) with the nilxis lighting mod
    tumblr_oaada5mDXE1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    tumblr_oaada5mDXE1ssiu0eo2_1280.png
    tumblr_o9f1mhFlXQ1ssiu0eo2_r1_1280.png

unedited with the nilxis lighting mod(besides resized)
    tumblr_o9tur1mkGw1ssiu0eo1_1280.png
    everything looks so bright and crisp
    tumblr_o9tur1mkGw1ssiu0eo2_r1_1280.png
  • Options
    @GaiaHypothesis Have you tried out reshade? I've decided I would rather edit the pictures myself.
  • Options
    GaiaHypothesisGaiaHypothesis Posts: 1,886 Member
    Minx wrote: »
    Wow. I must ask does your game lag? Those pictures are awesome.

@minx Not really. I mean, certain lots can take a little while to load depending on the amount of CC in it. This isn't really a "gameplay" save so their house is stuffed full of CC... stuffed. The sims themselves pause here and there minutely between actions, but no more so than my really plain-jane base game on my laptop. My actual gameplay games the houses aren't nearly as full of "clutter". I HAVE tried to play TS3 on a computer that couldn't handle it, and it was... no good. I've also had issues where some of my saves get corrupt and start stuttering, which was easily fixed. So I have experienced real lag, and what I've got going now isn't bad at all. I'd say its typical TS3 gameplay.

The only thing that is faster with a cleaner (less cc) base game, is loading CAS and CASt. The lighting mods themselves won't do a lot. I do use an HQ mod, but with that said I never have it set to "Very High" its always set to sim detail on "High" and my draw distance isn't very far, since most of my shots are of the sims themselves and not so much the locations.

It also helps that I don't play really large worlds. I'd love to, but Bridgeport was a bit of a bear (even with Mods) for me. So I try to keep my gameplay saves to smaller towns.

@Simasaurus09 Oh no, the lighting mod is still brntwaffles, its just a different one. A newer one? It has the dynamic shadows which I swear has mad a big difference. I might be lying, but I swear my outdoor shots are better. Nilxis is just a could replacement mod.

@Kylieb191 @GITTE2001 -THanks soooo much!!! It just worked out so beautifully.

@KarinL My last one was Blue Skies and Sunshine, and I really liked that one. But I swear this one is better. Maybe I'm going crazy. I love the alien one for LL!! I used to use that one too, but I found that I suck at planning my gameplay so I kept forgetting to switch it out. lol

@Scrapdash IKR? I love making sims, though I rarely play with the "extras". So those guys are around for a little while, then I'm booting them out of the house. I might put them up for DL on my tumblr. I usually do. The black haired guy is a DL already (as is the redhead girl)

Studio
  • Options
    @Simasaurus09 LOL I think I misunderstood your PP. I tried the Euranesia sp? lighting mod by nilxis but the water was too dark. Those images of yours are beautiful!!!! I've looked at reshade, DL'ed it and tried to run it just to see... but my game wouldn't start. So I got rid of it. I'm fine editing afterwards. All my "stories" have different editing styles so, I use Adobe LR because I can batch edit. Makes life easy enough for me.

This is an edited version, just a bit of blurring the background (if I feel like it) and a bump in curves and fill light, a bit of sharpening (and smoothing)
    28789785105_a906a59d60_o.jpg

Studio
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @GaiaHypothesis In my pics I'm using Uranesian Weather Lighting Mod by nilxis. He also has optional clouds to go with the mod but the two are separate. The lighting mod only has one water choice which is kind of medium-dark. There's a guide floating around somewhere on how to change out the waters yourself with a bit of mod teaking in s3pe. I got reshade to work but I noticed my FPS jumped around a bit and my pc temperatures went up even with vsync. I heard reshade has an issue with laptop nvidia cards so maybe that's your problem?

Agreed... editing yourself is just more simple once you've been doing it for a while. pretty screenshot :)
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    I also tried to install reshade. After a bit struggling it worked, I have an NVidia too, but I didn't understand anything of it and it would take ages before I had figured out what to do to get a certain effect so I simply deleted it. I prefer hwo my game looks like it looks and if I have to edit I have to open photoshop et voila.
  • Options
    @GaiaHypothesis In my pics I'm using Uranesian Weather Lighting Mod by nilxis. He also has optional clouds to go with the mod but the two are separate. The lighting mod only has one water choice which is kind of medium-dark. There's a guide floating around somewhere on how to change out the waters yourself with a bit of mod teaking in s3pe. I got reshade to work but I noticed my FPS jumped around a bit and my pc temperatures went up even with vsync. I heard reshade has an issue with laptop nvidia cards so maybe that's your problem?

Agreed... editing yourself is just more simple once you've been doing it for a while. pretty screenshot :)

@Simasaurus09
    Yes! That's the one I tried. I loved the skies in it, but the water was just definitely too dark. And I'm not confident in fooling with it myself. And yep, those are the clouds I have the Nilxis realistic clouds. I like them a lot!
    That was another thing with reshade, I didn't want to fool around with the FPS. Especially when I have a good thing going right now. I don't know, I'm playing on a PC soo?? Meh the editing in LR is one of my favourite parts anyways.

@GITTE2001 Yeah I agree, reshade seemed like too much hassle for me. I just wanted to see what it was like, but I wasn't willing to bend over backwards for it. I'll bet its great if you play other games as well, but seeing as I only play TS3 I'm not going to mess with a good thing.

Studio
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Beautiful pictures! :love:

Really can't wait to try this out myself :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    wbombjewbombje Posts: 1,244 Member
    Awesome pictures! I have perfect day but have been wanting to get the cloud mod. They look so good together. Your Sims look amazing as well :).
    Ayq5S7Y.png
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    Very nice pictures! You've inspired me to try out some of Brntwaffles' mods for the first time. I have a question though (for anyone who has use these mods): do the ones with longer daytime hours affect vampire learning speed or ability to be outside? I just happen to have a vampire in the household and don't know whether I should stick to the versions with default daytime hours.
  • Options
    @TreyNutz Oh gosh I don't know! I've never played with a vamp so I'm really not sure. I hope someone else can chime in. You can always try it out and see, and if wrecks things, just quit without saving and put in the reg. hours ones. They are super easy, just like .package files. So super easy to pull out if no good.

@king_of_simcity7 Lighting mods are one of my #1 favs for CC.

@wbombje thaaanks!!! I like the clouds, they are a nice change. The simmies turned out well if I do say so myself! Thankgoodness for great CC skins and eyes. (and hair and makeup) lol
    Studio
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @GaiaHypothesis , testing that out now. Unfortunately it seems my vampire sim is a little buggy after returning from university and I need to reset him with MC before nightfall. I'm repeating my testing of Perfect Day now. I only saw longer day versions of that one. If it's an issue I'll try another one.

edit: answer is yes, the longer day times do affect vampires. My vampire was smoking outside at 8 pm, and his faster learning skill didn't kick in until 9 pm.
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    Can I have a link to some of these lighting mods?
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    Can I have a link to some of these lighting mods?

I just googled some of the names given on the thread, and the name of the creator, and the links to the tumblr came right up. Careful navigating the tumblr, the arrows to go to the next page are almost microscopic; took me a while to find the Fresh Cut Day mod.
  • Options
    @TreyNutz Yeah, I think I'm too old for tumblr. I signed up at one point so I could view someone's stuff. I never go on it unless someone sent me a link for sims stuff. I can't figure out how to navigate it half the time. :/
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    I use tumblr occasionally but have never signed up for an account. And due to age I typically increase the zoom of all internet pages to 120%. I still missed the arrows on that particular tumblr on my first two visits. :s
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @TreyNutz LOL I do the same thing! All of my pages are increased in size. My Kindle app is huge too. Getting older is lame. :tongue:
    heartstopper-couple.gif
  • Options
    @BatmanFanGirl Definitely! All the brntwaffles lighting mods
    scroll through the page to see the various lighting mods. I used Perfect Day, but honestly I've used a few of them and I really like them all.

Nilxis realistic clouds.
    Really great! And the lighting mod/s there are really great too, just not suited for my specific games.

I HTH!
    Studio
  • Options
    GypsyPrinceGypsyPrince Posts: 118 Member
    Nilxis realistic clouds.
    Really great! And the lighting mod/s there are really great too, just not suited for my specific games.

I HTH!

Nilxis is a really amazing creator diane.png