Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Teens being the same size as Young Adults

I wish they had height sliders. Or that they make teens shorter than young adults. It's hard for me to find my teens a date because every time I'm about to click on a sim, it says young adult. Teens and young adults are almost identical if you don't get a good enough look at them.

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    There's a height slider mod and a shorter teens mod too.
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    EpicSimsEpicSims Posts: 397 Member
    edited July 2016
    I couldn't agree with you more. I know that there are mods for a height slider, but I personally don't want to use mods.
    I hate to see teens being as tall as YA or adult sims. We need clear distinction between teens and adults!!
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I agree! I have to hover my mouse over each Sim to find out if they are teens or adults because its so hard to tell them apart by just looking at them.
    He/Him
  • Options
    I wish we had acne too..in the medication ordering menu there should be a cream or somethin to decrease the acne too, there's no point in the menu coz there's only one item on there
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I wish we had acne too..in the medication ordering menu there should be a cream or somethin to decrease the acne too, there's no point in the menu coz there's only one item on there
    Acne would be awesome!
    He/Him
  • Options
    Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    There's a height slider mod and a shorter teens mod too.

I know, I heard it about. It's just that I wish it was naturally like that in the game. With the mod, when the shorter sim kisses the taller sim, the animation comes out weird. Atleast that's what I read from other simmers who used the mod.

• Options

Yes I wish they had acne, I believe that used to happen in the sims 2.

• Options
    EpicSims wrote: »
    I couldn't agree with you more. I know that there are mods for a height slider, but I personally don't want to use mods.
    I hate to see teens being as tall as YA or adult sims. We need clear distinction between teens and adults!!

Exactly. They look too much alike! They need to make some differences between the two

• Options
    I agree! I have to hover my mouse over each Sim to find out if they are teens or adults because its so hard to tell them apart by just looking at them.

So true smh!

• Options
    @Munchkin1224 well actually the shorter teens mod makes all the teens smaller so the interactions would look the same, just smaller Sims.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    But if they change the height of teens with a slider, they will have to change the clothes also, and they just made it so one size fits all.
  • Options
    @Munchkin1224 well actually the shorter teens mod makes all the teens smaller so the interactions would look the same, just smaller Sims.

I need to check that mod out. I seen the ones that make all sims shorter. I never seen the one for shorter teens though
  • Options
    Evalen wrote: »
    But if they change the height of teens with a slider, they will have to change the clothes also, and they just made it so one size fits all.

That's true :(

• Options
    @Munchkin1224 I think its involved in that mod, u dont need to play with sloders if u don't want tl
  • Options
    @Munchkin1224 I think its involved in that mod, u dont need to play with sloders if u don't want tl

I'll try that mod out and see how it all works.
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Btw, note that the shorter teens mod is heavily out of date and teens look very weird while walking.
    The creator made a new one that has better animations but I don't think it automatically makes teens shorter (plus they stopped supporting that one too)
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    The newer one doesn't work anymore, either. It was the one thing that made me like this game for a bit. :(
  • Options
    Oh its outdated? Too bad.. But u never know if someone will come along and update it like someone did for the advanced debug mld
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    The newer one doesn't work anymore, either. It was the one thing that made me like this game for a bit. :(

Aww man that's too bad. Let me delete is mod now, I was just about to start up the game and try it but I'm glad I didn't waste my time. The mod I downloaded was from 2015 :(
  • Options
    keFUNKNEY101keFUNKNEY101 Posts: 658 Member
    It is a shame that teens look identical to young adults/adults. Even though they likely won't ever be sized down, because of how much work it would require, I hope they add something to make them stand out more.

Let em get acne. Maybe give the option to give some sims braces. Unique walk styles even? Little things like that would make a big difference I think (I know walk styles aren't so little, but whatever.)
  • Options
    GlindePopGlindePop Posts: 134 Member
    Thats why a lot of people want preteens in the game. So then we can pretend that the "teens" in the game are older teens of 17-19 years of age and thats why fully grown, while the preteens are aboout 12-16 so slightly shorter in height.
  • Options
    GlindePop wrote: »
    Thats why a lot of people want preteens in the game. So then we can pretend that the "teens" in the game are older teens of 17-19 years of age and thats why fully grown, while the preteens are aboout 12-16 so slightly shorter in height.

That sounds good actually, we need some differences between the teens and young adults because they're too identical.
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member

That sounds good actually, we need some differences between the teens and young adults because they're too identical.

Like in real life, I can't tell the difference between teens and adults anymore. I mistook a 26 year old woman and her friend for high schoolers once. They looked so young though!

And I have more than my fair share of teens looking like adults where I'm from. Everyone either looks like a child, adult, or old person.

Pre-Teens? They might be fun to have around, with the mood swings at overdrive! A family portrait of two parents, a Teen, and Pre-Teen would look so cute!!! :heart:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Tarruvi wrote: »

Like in real life, I can't tell the difference between teens and adults anymore. I mistook a 26 year old woman and her friend for high schoolers once. They looked so young though!

And I have more than my fair share of teens looking like adults where I'm from. Everyone either looks like a child, adult, or old person.

Pre-Teens? They might be fun to have around, with the mood swings at overdrive! A family portrait of two parents, a Teen, and Pre-Teen would look so cute!!! :heart:

Well that's true. These days, a lot of these teens look like adults. It's like the game is realistic because in real life, young adults and teens do get mixed up, but at the same time, it's unrealistic because there's no toddlers. And yes the preteens do sound fun. I want them in the game as well :)
  • Options
    NetteNette Posts: 205 Member
    It is a shame that teens look identical to young adults/adults. Even though they likely won't ever be sized down, because of how much work it would require, I hope they add something to make them stand out more.

Let em get acne. Maybe give the option to give some sims braces. Unique walk styles even? Little things like that would make a big difference I think (I know walk styles aren't so little, but whatever.)

Yes! I loved that they could get acne in the sims 2, and if people don't want their teens to have it there can be a cream to buy like @ChloeDeCookie said.

Teens in the sims 2 and 3 were generally more... teen-like. They could run away if their relation to their parents was bad. Throw tantrums. Mess with their younger siblings. Get arrested...

Bring that back!