Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Generations...

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    I don't think we need that many life stages, they would end up just spending 1 or 2 sim days in it then aging up :neutral: What age range would you have for each group?
    Baby - 0-1
    Toddler 1-3
    PreSchool 3-4
    Child 4-8
    PreTeen 8-13
    Teen 13-18
    Young Adult 18-25
    Adult - 25-40
    Middle Aged 40-65
    Elder 65+

I think Pre School isn't really needed, possibly pre teen but even that I don't think is 100% necessary. Just my opinion though :)

Preschool is not. I just felt sooo bad only a few number of people wanted so I added. More likely not to come, but still.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    edited July 2016
    Okay I know someone said they needed the middle age life stage because of how their teen's parents died of old age.

I figured out a solution of how it should work just like real life

Young adult | baby
    Young adult | toddler| baby
    Young adult | child| toddler| baby
    Adult | preteen| child| toddler
    Adult | teen| preteen| child
    Adult | young adult| teen| preteen
    Elder | Adult| young adult| teen

or

Adult| Baby
    Adult| Toddler|baby
    Adult| Child| toddler| baby
    Adult| Preteen| child| toddler
    Adult| Teen| preteen| child
    Elder| Young Adult| teen| preteen
    Elder| Adult| young adult| teen

or
    "Bella Goth" Style

Young adult|teen
    Adult| young adult
    Elder| adult

The problem is that elders need to live a bit longer, adults need more time to stay adults and ageing days should be adjusted with sliders and numbers.

http://sssvitlans.tumblr.com/post/100263596259/simleigh-if-you-like-playing-legacies-you

This one will simply do the trick
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @stilljustme2
    They might be a possible addition later. I don't think there will be a lot of Toddler packs though. We will more than likely get a good number of objects associated with Toddlers in a Generation-like pack. That is, if Toddlers return. :o

Since every pack adds content for all age groups (other than Kids Room Stuff that focused on children), you'd have hairs and clothing at the very least for toddlers in future packs that wouldn't exist if they weren't patched in. Also if/when we get supernaturals -- why make vampire or witch toddlers? How about interaction with animals when Pets inevitably gets here? The impact of future content is the biggest reason why I believe that toddlers must be patched in if they're coming at all (which I think they will when the devs think they've got them done just right).
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    @BrattonMatton Age sliders (similar to what we had in Sims 3) would probably do the job easier than adding additional life stages at this point in the game. Maybe additional life stages could be considered for a Sims 5 if they're going to go that direction with the series.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    TarruviTarruvi Posts: 1,227 Member
    Tarruvi wrote: »
    @stilljustme2
    They might be a possible addition later. I don't think there will be a lot of Toddler packs though. We will more than likely get a good number of objects associated with Toddlers in a Generation-like pack. That is, if Toddlers return. :o

Since every pack adds content for all age groups (other than Kids Room Stuff that focused on children), you'd have hairs and clothing at the very least for toddlers in future packs that wouldn't exist if they weren't patched in. Also if/when we get supernaturals -- why make vampire or witch toddlers? How about interaction with animals when Pets inevitably gets here? The impact of future content is the biggest reason why I believe that toddlers must be patched in if they're coming at all (which I think they will when the devs think they've got them done just right).

I played TS3 last night because I missed Werewolves and Toddlers. I didn't like Teens all too much, they can't wear adult clothing and vice versa. But, the Toddlers were adorable.

I plan on making the Imaginary Friend my Toddler got in the mail real. The reactions of the parents seeing their child talking to seemingly nothing is funny. :P
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    Even though I am not that obsessed with the toddlers, I definitely would love to have the "middle aged" sims. But maybe before actually getting the "generational" thing, the story progression should be developed...
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    I love this thread.
    I really want more life stages.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    BgBn7510 wrote: »
    Hyeion wrote: »
    @BrattonMatton You mean this?
    q1xuw6E.jpg

Didn't think I wanted pre-teens at all, but now I think I do :o

This would help tremenlay as we could understand the ages a bit more.

Baby -> 0-1
    Toddlers -> 2-4 (added this stage)
    Child -> 5-10
    Preteen -> 11-12 (added this Stage)
    Teens -> 13-17
    Young Adult -> 18-21
    Adult -> 22-40
    Middle Age -> 50-60
    Elder -> 61 +

I think if they want to add life stages they should change make the number of days customizable in the options
    Each life stage has a blank square before it where in the blank square you put a number from 1 - 999

This way every player can play according to his taste
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Noelle0Noelle0 Posts: 5 New Member
    I think they should do a generations expansion. But I will not spend a ton of cash for some new life stages. Those should be patched in when the generations pack comes out. And also I think the age stages should be:
    Baby
    Toddler
    Preschool age child (ages 4-6)
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young adult
    Adult
    Middle aged
    Elder
    I also think when the kids age up into toddlers and preschool age they should be playable and have new emotions like "tantrum" if a toddler sim gets upset instead of feeling angry or sad they have "tantrum" also for preschool age kids a preschool that your adult sims can take the child to and you can play through the child's day. I would play the sims a LOT more if this was patched in. If it costs money to add some new life stages it's not worth it.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Noelle0 wrote: »
    I think they should do a generations expansion. But I will not spend a ton of cash for some new life stages. Those should be patched in when the generations pack comes out. And also I think the age stages should be:
    Baby
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young adult
    Adult
    Middle aged
    Elder
    I also think when the kids age up into toddlers and preschool age they should be playable and have new emotions like "tantrum" if a toddler sim gets upset instead of feeling angry or sad they have "tantrum" also for preschool age kids a preschool that your adult sims can take the child to and you can play through the child's day. I would play the sims a LOT more if this was patched in. If it costs money to add some new life stages it's not worth it.

For goodness sakes guys.. ADULT IS the middle age.. we don't need TWO middle age stages-one is MORE then enough
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Baby
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young adult
    Adult
    Middle aged
    Elder
    Like if a young sim is angry or sad they'll get a moodlet that says "Mid-Tantrum" and will perform a screaming and kicking animation. And can be picked up and put in their room to calm down (sent to their claimed bed) by a parent. But for some simmers this could be a pest, but I would love to see this gameplay mechanic.
  • Options
    @BrattonMatton Age sliders (similar to what we had in Sims 3) would probably do the job easier than adding additional life stages at this point in the game. Maybe additional life stages could be considered for a Sims 5 if they're going to go that direction with the series.
    An age slider! Genius! *claps*
    Really, I overlooked the fact that there was no toddlers in TS4 but this forum makes me excited for what the sims 4 ages could be.
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Baby
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young adult
    Adult
    Middle aged
    Elder

For goodness sakes guys.. ADULT IS the middle age.. we don't need TWO middle age stages-one is MORE then enough

Yeah. I guess we could go without middle aged but I would love to see toddlers, preschool aged, and preteens.
  • Options
    yellowdumplingyellowdumpling Posts: 3 New Member
    OMG!!! yeah!i do agree and i would totaly buy it
  • Options
    miniwomenminiwomen Posts: 2 New Member
    Generations & fixed rotational play, please :)

I agree 100%. Something I miss from Sims 3.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Sign me up. However, I only really want toddlers and possibly pre-teens (Or even for the current teens to be modified), asking for any more is a bit much being how hard new lifestages are to include.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Baby
    Toddler
    Child
    Preteen
    Teen
    Young adult
    Adult
    Middle aged
    Elder

Middle-aged is totally different than adult it's people in thier 50's whose going through menopause so they can't have children anymore. Who may already be grandparents. They can take care of thier elderly parents who may be still alive. They can be free and have an early retirement if they want and just enjoy life since they don't have any children to take care of whose either a young adult going to college or have adult children who are married and living thier lives.
  • Options
    hollymakesawishhollymakesawish Posts: 40 Member
    I want toddlers back, just like everyone else. I love the game, and toddlers aren't a top priority for me, but still. I want to know why, TWO YEARS LATER, there's still no communication from the Sims team about toddlers. No, "Toddlers are never coming back." No, "We're working on it, but toddlers are hard to program." Nothing. Radio silence. I hope this is because they're working on it, and they're going to add it in a patch for the game. And they're going to add more age groups as well in a new expansion pack.

Oh well. I do hope if they bring toddlers back into the game, they also make a pre-teen age group. And middle-aged adults. That'd be awesome.
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I want toddlers back, just like everyone else. I love the game, and toddlers aren't a top priority for me, but still. I want to know why, TWO YEARS LATER, there's still no communication from the Sims team about toddlers. No, "Toddlers are never coming back." No, "We're working on it, but toddlers are hard to program." Nothing. Radio silence. I hope this is because they're working on it, and they're going to add it in a patch for the game. And they're going to add more age groups as well in a new expansion pack.

Oh well. I do hope if they bring toddlers back into the game, they also make a pre-teen age group. And middle-aged adults. That'd be awesome.

Well there was a tweet by a guru saying we here you but they don't want to just throw toddlers in and be done with them. So hopefully that it's a sign saying were working on them.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member

How many of those differences would be shown in this game? Once the kids get a bit older I usually change my adults hair color to salt and pepper and they stop having children once they get about halfway through the adult bar