Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Generations...

Now that Sims 4 devs have the chance to fix what they did back in the past, we are finally hoping they will make a generations ep.

1. Life stages-
Banned_Story_canvas.png

Oh just wait and we'll see about that...

2. Gameplay/Features- Hopefully, they will bring back the pranks. Can we have something better than an imaginary friend? Something that is not a stuffed toy and we use with our actual minds? I miss prom night and graduation.

3. New items- Bunk beds, trampolines, pogo sticks, basketball or soccer, tag, catch the ball game, you know the basic things (swings would be nice to have back). It would be nice to have a lemonade stand or the bake sale stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCnC_5mdLW0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXOwxMkcZd0

Just like the Sims 2 Freetime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oK3_KBBwswg

I hope it will come soon. Sims team better be heading in the right direction with this...

Comments

• Options
    asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    All of that would be nice, but I think it may be asking for too much since there seems to be limitations and possibly budgets. Never say never, but still.
  • Options
    BrattonMattonBrattonMatton Posts: 896 Member
    All of that would be nice, but I think it may be asking for too much since there seems to be limitations and possibly budgets. Never say never, but still.

Ugh. Budgets are the worst enemy. I don't exactly why they are lacking on budget money (issues I guess). The game engine has serious limitation issue that can't be erased. Honestly, I rather have extra life stages than all of the extra items or gameplay features. I heard it requires extra hours and months. Asking so for so much things are exhausting for a game company and it is hard to keep up to satisfy your customers.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

Ugh. Budgets are the worst enemy. I don't exactly why they are lacking on budget money (issues I guess). The game engine has serious limitation issue that can't be erased. Honestly, I rather have extra life stages than all of the extra items or gameplay features. I heard it requires extra hours and months. Asking so for so much things are exhausting for a game company and it is hard to keep up to satisfy your customers.

Fairly sure when they talk about budgets they aren't specifically talking about money (though we all know that does play a part in it, of course). The last explanation a guru made about budgets, they explained that the animation budgets they talk about in a pack are specific limitations on how many animations have been "budgeted" for that each pack.

For instance, say they're allowed 5 new animations for stuff packs, 10 new animations for game packs and 20 new animations for expansion packs (totally made those numbers up and kept them small). Then say a bunk bed requires 7 animations (still making numbers up). Adding a bunk bed to a stuff pack wouldn't work because it takes up 2 more animations than their stuff pack allows. Adding a bunk bed to a game pack would technically fit but would take 3/4 of the animation budget which means the rest of the pack might be considered pretty slim since most of the animation budget was taken up by the bunk bed. Therefore, it makes most sense to include the bunk bed in an expansion pack so there's plenty of room for additional items.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    What the heck is that one between toddler and child? We don't need all those, toddlers are a MUST. Pre-teens would be amazing but not as much of a necessity as toddlers.
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    What the heck is that one between toddler and child? We don't need all those, toddlers are a MUST. Pre-teens would be amazing but not as much of a necessity as toddlers.

I think it's supposed to be a pre-schooler. I noticed our current teens are missing, too.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member

Clearly the most ignored age group: The Pre-Preteen!
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Yeah it's supposed to be preschooler/kindergarten-aged child (4-6). The reason why I added it in because a couple a years ago, I came across a few threads talking about wanting the "redundant" life stages like preschoolers, preteens, and middle aged adults that never appeared in any of the Sims games. I'm no sure what the middle-age life stage would fit considering we already have the adults. Adults can be 45-year-old and elders can represent people over the age of 50. So I see no need for an middle-age

To me, preschoolers and preteens are whole different thing. Although these life stages aren't exactly the most popular, they can fill in the gaps between the toddler-child and child-teen. Not only that, it will make gameplay a little less boring. If the devs want to step up the game, they should try out new things even if it is not needed.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @BrattonMatton You mean this?
    q1xuw6E.jpg
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    tuityfruity12ajtuityfruity12aj Posts: 1,508 Member
    Hyeion wrote: »
    q1xuw6E.jpg

Didn't think I wanted pre-teens at all, but now I think I do :o
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    q1xuw6E.jpg

Yep. You know what, I don't think it would be such a bad idea to add middle age
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    If they decide to bring back the imaginary friend characters, at least let me BUILD IT. Like in a "Create-A-Monster" :D
  • Options
    If they decide to bring back the imaginary friend characters, at least let me BUILD IT. Like in a "Create-A-Monster" :D

So true! XD
  • Options
    Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member
    edited July 2016
    I hope they do come out with a generations expansion pack. If preteens look anything like in the pic posted in this discussion, then yes, I want preteens! And middle aged too. Toddlers are necessary though. I think it's safe to say, that they need to be brought back first before we ask for life stages that were never in the sims series in the first place. To be fair lol
  • Options
    I hope they do come out with a generations expansion pack. If preteens look anything like in the pic posted in this discussion, then yes, I want preteens! And middle aged too. Toddlers are necessary though. I think it's safe to say, that they need to be brought back first before we ask for life stages that were never in the sims series in the first place. To be fair lol

Toddlers are always number 1
  • Options
    Munchkin1224Munchkin1224 Posts: 86 Member

Of course, I just hope we get them back. I'm tired of kids jumping out of bassinets from being babies lol

• Options

Of course, I just hope we get them back. I'm tired of kids jumping out of bassinets from being babies lol

True. When we get toddlers, preschoolers, preteens, and middle age, we would all be happy and excited.
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @BrattonMatton I found the Male version. I think these were mentioned in threads before.
    KZF2GHT.jpg
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    Generations & fixed rotational play, please :)
  • Options
    emilymsimsemilymsims Posts: 398 Member
    @BrattonMatton I found the Male version. I think these were mentioned in threads before.
    KZF2GHT.jpg

This is so cool! This right here is what the sims 4 should have been about @SimGuruDrake
  • Options
    I love the pre teen and the middle aged!
  • Options
    I really want the cane back for elders
  • Options
    KZF2GHT.jpg

Sweet
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nny1Du93z9o
    Toddlers would look and act like this

While preschoolers or simply young children would act and look like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-PWzNjT_pM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pgkP2Vb9XM
    And here from 19:29 to 19:42.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1qnSz4m-QA
    f67923faa18bddecc22d56471234c6b6.jpg

tumblr_o9deu3imnQ1ujuy8xo2_r1_500.png
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo1_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo3_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_oah38u14l51tb81rgo2_r1_1280.jpg

Concept art for toddlers...

Concept for preschoolers
    nyexcuse1001.jpg
    Boy in red hoodie
    e87a31e13821ea39ebf7e26010d26309.jpg
    8b8269d036d667b3e67a0a10a9e72096.jpg

Ageing- toddler, child, preteen, teen
    tumblr_o6k03hQVP61ujuy8xo1_500.png

toddler, preschooler, preteen, child, teen, adult, and elder
    Agess_zps67dbc95d.png

toddler, preschooler, child, preteen, teen
    2dbus1u.jpg\

To me, I want preschoolers to resemble these Japanese anime-looking 5-year-old mannquin girls.
    20130201_19027.jpg

Cute clothes, super shiny hair, big and sparkly eyes, lanky bodies (long limbs and necks if they are skinny)

@SimGuruGraham @SimGuruLyndsay @SimGuruDrake (Sorry to bug ya'll :) )
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    No... if we're going to get new life stages (including toddlers), they need to be patched in for free. I will NOT purchase an expansion pack just to have a certain life stage. No thank you. Stop giving them terrible ideas!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    No... if we're going to get new life stages (including toddlers), they need to be patched in for free. I will NOT purchase an expansion pack just to have a certain life stage. No thank you. Stop giving them terrible ideas!

They can be patched in.