Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game needs more work

I've really enjoyed The Sims 4 ever since launch and as much as TS2 and TS3 but here are some things that developers should work on:

Emotions
Sims are always happy all the time and the 'Happy' moodlets are way too strong compared to other emotions in game. For example, I give a sim the loner trait. When i go to the park, the sim becomes tense but after awhile the happy moodlets kick in and the sim is happily socializing with strangers. Also the 'nicely decorated' environment moodlets are also too strong. E.g. when a sim is sad she becomes happy after awhile because of the nice decor :# .

I also found that most of the traits seem to just be all the same, they don't affect sims lives at all. Traits need to be tweaked so that it actually controls the emotions and actions of the sim, not just the emotion system. So if a sim is a loner they shouldn't autonomously socialize with other sims unless told to do so and because he has the loner trait, becomes tense overcoming other emotions. It would also be cool if loners mess up when talking to other sims since they hate being with stranger. I also found that most of the traits seem to just be all the same, they don't affect sims lives at all.

Revamped Skills
Skills in this iteration is quite boring and not very challenging to earn a skill point. For example, Bob decides to fix the broken sink, bob instantly acquires the handiness skill just for touching the sink. Sims should earn a skill point to level 1 after filling up the progress bar like in previous games.

Musical chairs should really be fixed. It doesn't often happen in a restaurant which is great so I don't see a reason why it shouldn't be fix across all areas.

and also Culling, ALL types of culling should at least be tweaked further so it constantly doesn't delete sims or relationships. Relationship decays is fine as it was in TS2 & TS3 but relation ship culling? what the plum!

I also would like (but not really expecting) for loading screens between neighbors removed. Since areas within a neighborhood of TS4 are all seperate world files I don't think it would be that challenging to remove these screens but I'm not at all a developer so I could be wrong. When a player is in map view and chooses to play a household it should load the household's house and also all houses in the world like in TS3 so if you visit a lot within that area the lot simply becomes active thus objects you can interact with becomes enabled and your previous lot becomes inactive (like TS3 system).

I love all The Sims games and I hope this feedback will be helpful for the development of the game o:)

Comments

• Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    edited July 2016
    FYI the fix for musical chairs in the restaurant wouldn't work on residential lots as once a restaurant chair is picked for any particular sim all other chairs on that lot are locked for that sim...meaning they can't sit on them even if you direct them too. The musical chair bug hasn't really been fixed at all, the devs just implemented a work-around.

Loading screens will never be removed. You can find out why by reading through the first 5 or so pages of this thread:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/782859/simulation-tech-talk/p1
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    GG04GG04 Posts: 47 Member
    sims 4 just needs to get it together they keep releasing 🐸🐸🐸🐸 no one cares about. we have party stuff food stuff "patio stuff" this is like a continuation of "stuff" we dont need. we had kids stuff and the teens didnt get ANYTHING. ive never seen people willingly get ripped off like this before. in the sims 3 you got so much more 🐸🐸🐸🐸 when you purchased any kind of expansion. its been almost 2 years since the sims 4 dropped and we still don't have anything that actually makes the game play more compelling. like Weather for instance, maybe more animations and interactions amongst family lovers and friends. you cant walk and hold hands, you cant slow dance, when you get married the last names DONT change, men pee sitting down, you have to actually play a household for story progression or add a buggy mod that dose it for you. Everything since the base game has been dry, you cant even walk away with your baby in your arms and then it ages up into a full aged child. There is no way to tell a teen and an adult apart sim 4 is plain and simply dry. Yes the graphics are amazing but most modern games make the mistake of focusing more on the graphics then the gameplay. Ive been a long time sims fan and ive never been so disappointed, where did the creativity go? the fun animations, the realistic feel of the game, sims 4 took away open world for better gameplay and yet the game is still hella buggy. The loading screens alone make me just want to stay home. I dont know where the magic has gone but it is indeed gone, they should be so much more creative then they have been and the sims 4 has so much potential but gets too boring to play now. even the autonomous actions are dull and dry unless you add a mod for that too. i really hope to see the things we miss like more family play, seasons, pets, supernatural beings, cars maybe, natural disasters, or maybe even something as little as MORE ANIMATIONS and INTERACTIONS.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Interesting points.

At the moment my main concern is the lack of neighbourhood editing options
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    s0phi4candis0phi4candi Posts: 3 New Member
    We've all heard the numerous complaints of what's missing from the Sims 4. Toddlers, open world, a color wheel, etc. Anyone who is a fan (or not a fan!) of the series knows the whole story. Some people love the game regardless of what is "missing." Everyone will have a different opinion on what the game needs. However, there's something more missing from the Sims 4 than just specific things. I'm sure most people will agree with what I'm about to say. I have been a fan of The Sims since the beginning. I was hooked on the original title when it first came out. It was new, innovative, and exciting- especially for the time that it came out. Then the Sims 2 came out and I was even more hooked on that game. A few years later, then came The Sims 3. Same thing: hooked on the game. New and exciting. The problem with The Sims 4? It's nothing new. I can't get into it the same way I have with other Sims games. It's as if the developers just went down a checklist of what makes a basic "Sims" game and created The Sims 4. The game lacks passion, it lacks character, and it lacks excitement. Not trying to downplay the hard work the team has put in, because it's still a fun game. But wouldn't you expect the FOURTH version of a game to include things that were in previous versions, and then EXPAND upon that? The Sims 2 was an extremely successful sequel to The Sims. It introduced new concepts of the game that brought depth and excitement. The Sims 2 has so much character and little detail that makes it fun to play, even now. I still play The Sims 2 RELIGIOUSLY! I love the cut-scenes. I love the way sims will react to things around them. I love the burping after eating, the "checking out" of sims that your sim finds attractive, the kids running outside to give their parents a hug when they get home from work. Little things like that show the care that the team put into the game. The Sims 2 had the same magic and comedy that The Sims had. The Sims 3 was also extremely successful. The team expanded upon what The Sims 2 had and added even more great, new ideas! For example, open world and the color wheel were amazing and creative additions. It was like playing The Sims 2 "unlocked." There were so many new opportunities, so much freedom! There was something about these 3 titles that made The Sims such a successful game for all this time. The Sims 4 had so much potential to be absolutely amazing. If it had included aspects of previous games that made those games successful, and introduced newer and even more exciting aspects, I have no doubt that EA would make more money by making the game RIGHT- rather than just milking us of our money with meaningless stuff packs and empty content. The game is DULL. It feels like a "dumbed down" version of what the game SHOULD be. It lacks the care and heart that was put into previous titles. And I'm sick of not being listened to. I'm sure we all are.

I'm not saying The Sims 4 is a bad game. But as PAYING customers and fans of The Sims, we should expect more based on what we have seen in the past. Not repeated Stuff Packs (ahem... Backyard Stuff!) or endless partying content. I personally expected more from this game and I have given it time to really make a decision on how I feel about it. When it first came out, I think we were mostly disappointed but thought they would build upon the base game. In my opinion, they haven't. Do I still like the game? Yes. Will I still play it? Of course. What I'm saying is that I really wish The Sims team would read this and realize what is truly missing from The Sims 4. They need to remember what the game is all about, that "magic" and character that was so obvious in the past. I expected The Sims 4 to introduce awesome, exciting new things just like The Sims 2 and 3 did. I just wish they would be more creative and listen more to us, the people who make the entire series happen.

Lastly, I don't mean to bash or disregard the game or the efforts put into it. This is *very* constructive criticism that I haven't really seen anyone else say. I still love The Sims, and I always will. Sadly, I'm just a little let down and hoping that my small voice will be heard. Thank you.
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    @GG04 men only pee sitting down if their bladder need is over half way down. Try sending a 'standing up to pee sim' to the toilet when the bladder need is only slightly depleted. ;)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    Tl;dr.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited July 2016
    Welcome to the forums @s0phi4candi! I agree with much of what you've said. I do have a helpful suggestion, to break up that first paragraph into several paragraphs, it is what is known as being a "wall of text" which is not easy on the eyes, and can cause some people to skip over it, although they do not have to rudely state as such when they could offer helpful suggestions instead.

I think you will find most of us here are very welcoming and nice despite having differing opinions.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    @s0phi4candi great reply! :smiley:

Yes, The Sims 3 really was 'The Sims 2 unlocked'

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Sorry guys, everything newcomers have said here has already been said. Actually, it is said by other newcomers on a weekly basis.
    But you are all crazy, actually. You should look for medical treatment ASAP.

The Sims 4 has so many packs to improve your gameplay experience BEYOND your imagination, such as a popcorn maker and pumpkin carving station.
    If you don't see that this game is an OBVIOUS, HUGE improvement from the TS2 and TS3, then you should really seek help.

(I'm jk and I'm not nice.)
  • Options
    HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    Also, culling is actually great, it saves resources for your computer.
    I mean, it's just a little trade. You can always pretend your sims were always friends or that they just went to travel and never came back. Use your imagination guys!!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited July 2016
    Hermai wrote: »
    Sorry guys, everything newcomers have said here has already been said. Actually, it is said by other newcomers on a weekly basis.
    But you are all crazy, actually. You should look for medical treatment ASAP.

The Sims 4 has so many packs to improve your gameplay experience BEYOND your imagination, such as a popcorn maker and pumpkin carving station.
    If you don't see that this game is an OBVIOUS, HUGE improvement from the TS2 and TS3, then you should really seek help.

(I'm jk and I'm not nice.)

Also, if you are not using your imagination to imagine University or toddlers or other things in the game you must be doing something wrong, you have to use your imagination! Imagine it's a good game even!

[img]https://cdn.🐸🐸🐸🐸/instances/67568225.jpg[/img]

Now seriously OP, I totally agree with most if not all that you said. :)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Hermai wrote: »
    Also, culling is actually great, it saves resources for your computer.
    I mean, it's just a little trade. You can always pretend your sims were always friends or that they just went to travel and never came back. Use your imagination guys!!

I imagine a Sims game where babies are toddlers before kids, where Sims drive to work rather than teleport, where a newspaper is delivered every morning and when someone comes to visit, they ring the doorbell :smile:

The Sims, imagine...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    I completely agree @maxsa13z. The emotions are way too strong. You can't create a serious or a shy sim because they take over. Like I always say TS2 hit the nail on the head when it came to shy sims.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »
    I completely agree @maxsa13z. The emotions are way too strong. You can't create a serious or a shy sim because they take over. Like I always say TS2 hit the nail on the head when it came to shy sims.

I can't remember shy Sims in TS2.

We did have the shy trait in TS3, and that was actually quite a strong trait itself but it seemed to work :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    maxsa13zmaxsa13z Posts: 21 Member
    Okay.. Found another bug that I hate so much.

My married sims are relationships are: acquaintances, lovers, best friends and spouse. Seriously what the plum!?

Lol that Spongebob reference literally reminds me of The Sims 4 with the goofy expressions, rainbows and of course imaginary Toddlers and doorbells.
  • Options
    maxsa13zmaxsa13z Posts: 21 Member
    Oh and thanks for all the replies! I am starting to feel the game becoming quite lacklustre with the repetitive smiling and ever recurring bugs
  • Options
    maxsa13z wrote: »
    Oh and thanks for all the replies! I am starting to feel the game becoming quite lacklustre with the repetitive smiling and ever recurring bugs

Sorry that you are becoming annoyed with the game but you have come to the right place.

Welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Goodywood wrote: »

I can't remember shy Sims in TS2.

We did have the shy trait in TS3, and that was actually quite a strong trait itself but it seemed to work :smile:

@king_of_simcity7

Here is a video of a shy Sim dancing and flirting in TS2. They had their own animations, which I think is needed for all Sim games. For different personalities to have their own animations (the way they sit, dance, eat, etc).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOq75nON6e8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9lOjSBX0u0

When you tell them to do these interaction they sometimes look at you and get upset that you asked them. Its really cute. They also talk to themselves. I'm shy in real life and I can relate to this. lol
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    @Goodywood Thanks for sharing :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Goodywood Thanks for sharing :smile:

@king_of_simcity7 no problem hon o:)
  • Options
    @Goodywood The TS2 shy Sims are comparable to those in TS3. I had a shy Sim once, was a nightmare making friends for him...
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Goodywood The TS2 shy Sims are comparable to those in TS3. I had a shy Sim once, was a nightmare making friends for him...

@king_of_simcity7 I forget how shy sims are in TS3. I had a brooding sim in TS3. She was so weird. She would just sit in the middle of the floor contemplating things....Oh you know what, I don't think I made her shy (or maybe I did) but I did make her socially awkward. She was very very awkward! I loved her. lol

Now I want to play my TS3 save. lol
  • Options
    @Goodywood The Sim 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    @Goodywood The Sim 3 is the greatest Sims game ever made! :smiley:

@king_of_simcity7 For me, that'll be TS2!!! :D Let us hope TS5 has the best of both and more!
  • Options
    @Goodywood I have high hopes for TS5 and think that after the slump, there will be a peak :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg