Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"What's Wrong?" Interaction Needed

WannabeDinosaurWannabeDinosaur Posts: 121 Member
edited June 2016 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
So, you see your friend feeling kinda down. What's the first question you ask?
"What's Wrong?" Exactly! With the biggest new thing in the sims now being emotions, I really, really feel like a "what's wrong" interaction would be a great addition.

It's pretty simple, but I feel like it would add a lot more depth. I see friends of my sims moping around the neighborhood all the time, and my first question is, "what's going on with them?" So, normally I have to go out to manage households and play that other sims household, just to see what's going on in their life. Only because I'm curious. Come to find out, the sim had the 'drifting love' moodlet from witnessing his wife cheating on him!

So, to make a long post short. I just think it would be cool to have an interaction that would share the moodlets of that moody sim you see slumping around the neighborhood with whatever sim you're playing without having to play detective and snoop it out for yourself. Nothing drastic, I would imagine you'd just get a little notification pop-up in the corner like everything else.

"What's Wrong?"
*popup* Drifting Love.

"What's Wrong?"
*popup* Got Fired!

"What's Wrong?"
*popup* Lost a loved one.

See what I'm sayin'?

Comments

• Options
    NordicPhoenix22xNordicPhoenix22x Posts: 301 Member
    I think this is a really good idea! I too often wonder what's going on with those sad or angry Sims, especially when they're friends of my own Sims.
    "Children of the night, Soldiers of our time
    Scream it out loud, One generation
    Riot in the streets, Fighting and debris
    Raise your fist high, the Generation Wild!"
    182kwx.png
  • Options
    I think this is a really good idea! I too often wonder what's going on with those sad or angry Sims, especially when they're friends of my own Sims.

Same! Hopefully the sims team takes a look at this one, it should even be simple enough to implement in a patch. Tbh, I'd even take it as a mod.
  • Options
    CCLeighCCLeigh Posts: 33 Member
    This is a great idea!!!
  • Options
    BelloGothBelloGoth Posts: 120 Member
    Genius. I absolutely think this should be a part of the game. There are SO many parts of the emotions system that I think can be built upon, and this is a great way to do so.
  • Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    edited June 2016
    yes, so many times I wonder and even try to play that sim to find out if they are sad/angry because of their traits, life happenings like cheating or getting a sibling.
    Post edited by MarleyTheWizard on
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This is an awesome idea. I really want to know why so many of my townies are storming around angrily
  • Options
    JulianaJujubaJulianaJujuba Posts: 105 Member
    "What's wrong?"
    *pop up* Nothing.
    Option: "Okay, then."
    *pop up* BUT, DO YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN YOU [add long text with those absurd stories you only see in The Sims]...
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I really like this idea.
  • Options
    "What's wrong?"
    *pop up* Nothing.
    *pop up* BUT, DO YOU REMEMBER THAT TIME WHEN YOU [add long text with those absurd stories you only see in The Sims]...

CALL ME CRAZY BUT I LOVE THOSE STORIES AND I WANT MORE OF THEM.
    There were so many in the sims 2 tho, omg.
  • Options
    JulianaJujubaJulianaJujuba Posts: 105 Member
    "What's wrong?"
    *pop up* Nothing.

CALL ME CRAZY BUT I LOVE THOSE STORIES AND I WANT MORE OF THEM.
    There were so many in the sims 2 tho, omg.

THEY WERE AMAZING. That's what makes The Sims 2 so awesome... It was so bizarre. I miss my Zombiepire. They lost that touch in The Sims 3 and now are trying to bring that back in The Sims 4.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Omg it would be funny if their responses were quotes taken from people/song lyrics in real life.

"What's Wrong?"

"Looking at my watch he should've been home
    Today I regret the night I put that ring on
    He always got them lame excuses

I left a note in the hallway, By the time you read it I'll be far away.
    He only want me when I'm not there, He better call Bella with the good hair"

and it would be hilarious to see sims walk down the street Angry/Crazy like this

fd7221417a28766926cbb74c80c0f5eacdedf45db02848fd638ab75c7e7f75b1
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I'd love this! It's a bit strange for Sims to just comfort one another without hearing an explanation - although I think just providing comfort without an explanation could be tied to a Trait?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Absolutely! Great idea!
  • Options
    Sim ShadySim Shady Posts: 297 Member
    I completely agree, this is a fantastic idea! I know there's the 'Console About Death' option but I feel like there should be things like 'Talk About Divorce/Break-Up', 'Talk About Fire' (I think that's only in TS3, correct me if I'm wrong), and also stuff like 'Congratulate' not only for birthdays but for weddings, having babies, etc. I'd like the actual Gossip interaction to bring up a speech bubble thingy (oh yes, description skills are on point today, lol :unamused: ) like in TS3 where you'd select 'Gossip' and the Sim would say something along the lines of 'Rumor has it, [Random Sim] is secretly an alien!' and other stuff relating to marriages/relationships, friendships, families, etc. I just really miss those interactions.
    duck.jpg
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Good idea. I tend to use 'ask about day' but I think a more specific and caring interaction would be nice, especially if we got an answer to the question. Maybe there could be follow up sympathetic responses to choose from too, different ones could become available depending on the problem the sim has. 'Console', 'Cheer up', 'Sympathise', 'Give advice', that sort of thing. Maybe if a particular sim has upset them, a new interaction could become available on them too? So your sim could act as a go-between or problem solver.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    This reminds me of the 'Ask' system that game with Nightlife in TS2, when you could ask what they want, what they fear, etc. If you could ask what a sim was 'feeling' they could give you the name of their dominant moodlet (as someone suggested earlier). Seems like a pretty similar system and I'd guess pretty easy to implement!
  • Options
    MissEbzieMissEbzie Posts: 22 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    This reminds me of the 'Ask' system that game with Nightlife in TS2, when you could ask what they want, what they fear, etc. If you could ask what a sim was 'feeling' they could give you the name of their dominant moodlet (as someone suggested earlier). Seems like a pretty similar system and I'd guess pretty easy to implement!

I miss so many of the social interactions from TS2.

I'm in total agreeance on this one. Please add this to the game.
  • Options
    AlyssatjjeeAlyssatjjee Posts: 105 Member
    I really like this idea. I want to know what's going on with other sims I meet or with friends. If a sim is sad I don't know why it's sad (if I'm not controlling it).
    Origin ID: Alyssatjjee
    May you always do what you are afraid to do
  • Options
    BrunoBBrunoB Posts: 13 New Member
    Awesome idea! They totally should do it!
  • Options
    KaraStarsKaraStars Posts: 242 Member
    Yes I love this idea! A sad sim used to always walk past my sims lot and I always wondered why. I also think this will help us pick interactions to help the sim.
    My CC
    KaraStars on the Gallery
  • Options
    1upMushrooms1upMushrooms Posts: 183 Member
    Hey I'd like this as well! Additionally, the already implemented 'Ask about day' interaction can at least be tweaked to have the sims' speech/thought bubbles correspond to their emotion.
  • Options
    aka_moiaka_moi Posts: 86 Member
    I also love this idea.
  • Options
    starcrunchstarcrunch Posts: 672 Member
    Really great idea!
    OriginID: CrunchedStars