Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Reader's Nook

Comments

• Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    @Thymeless - thanks so much! I was hoping the subject wasn't too disturbing...
  • Options
    HI all and happy weekend! I have a new update for my story.

Chapter 35 - Perfect Day - Leroy and Kaitlin takes the whole bunch of kids to the beach! But is it really going to be that perfect?
    n9zEiij.jpg
  • Options
    SmallSeven01SmallSeven01 Posts: 312 Member
    Fab . I'll get to reading your new part @AudreyFld. I have a new part up! Linked here, its a bit late up! Hope you guys have had a good weekend.
  • Options
    @SmallSeven01 - I just read your new chapter.. Drama is building! I wonder if Piper will accept him or send him back?
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    2.63 - Engagement
    02-63-ss06.jpg?w=700
    In which the happy news is shared!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    @Thymeless - Loved your update. Yay for them announcing the engagement!
  • Options
    Good evening or morning - depending on your time zone! I am dropping off a new chapter. Also wondering if we would like to get into any discussions on someone's story. I am all caught up.

Here is my latest chapter. The title is disturbing - but don't be too put off....Chapter 36 - I Hate You Both!
    CB4gKAZ.jpg
  • Options
    @AudreyFld I have to catch up on the last two chapters, but had to comment - AHHHHHH YOU HAVE A NEW SIGNATURE :smiley:
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Just read your updates. Wow a lot has happened in a short time. I really like Brooke. I thin she will be so good for Reese and little Sam.
  • Options
    Thymeless wrote: »
    @AudreyFld I have to catch up on the last two chapters, but had to comment - AHHHHHH YOU HAVE A NEW SIGNATURE :smiley:

You noticed! I felt like I needed to get my story in my signature. I guess it was pretty in your face! Haha. :D

@AudreyFld Just read your updates. Wow a lot has happened in a short time. I really like Brooke. I thin she will be so good for Reese and little Sam.

Yes Brooke adores Reese and the feeling is mutual. <3 She is a lot different from Jade. Jade was dating him mostly because her parents didn't want her to. Brooke just cares for him. She is very nurturing since she was like the mother of her household while Reese is like the father of his. They both had to grow up too fast so that connection worked for them.

• Options
    Checking to see if anyone else has updates or anything they want to share. I feel like I am dumping my new chapters and running!

I know some a lot of us are doing pen pals and that is probably taking up a lot of our time. We were just talking on that thread about how much it helps us get to know our characters. I was nervous at first but it has been fun and not too big of a lift because most of the pics I use come directly from my story.

So here is my next chapter... :blush:Chapter 37 - Almost Normal - anti climatic after last chapter...but don't worry... it's the calm before the storm!
    Leroy's hanging out a bit more now...
    TAdI91p.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @AudreyFld Just read your chapter, I liked the more calm nature of it. I think it helps balance the story out well. What is the penpal project? Will also post later this afternoon.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Just read your chapter, I liked the more calm nature of it. I think it helps balance the story out well. What is the penpal project? Will also post later this afternoon.

Thanks - I sort of thought the calm was nice. :) It sort of just happened that way - wish I could take credit for planning it! Ha. So much drama still to come though. My poor babies.... :/

Here is a link to the pen pal project thread. Some use the pen pal letters as their story and others, like me, link the characters in our stories to the pen pal letters. It has been a lot of fun.

I will watch for your update!
  • Options
    *waves* hi everyone! Sorry I've been a bit quiet, I'm working on a massive chapter of my ambrosia story, so that's been taking up all my writing time for the last few days.

@SmallSeven01 The pen pal project is a lot of fun! I'm tying the letters into my story like @AudreyFld is :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @AudreyFld and @Thymeless I will have a look.
    New Part is Up: She did what?
  • Options
    Thymeless wrote: »
    *waves* hi everyone! Sorry I've been a bit quiet, I'm working on a massive chapter of my ambrosia story, so that's been taking up all my writing time for the last few days.

@SmallSeven01 The pen pal project is a lot of fun! I'm tying the letters into my story like @AudreyFld is :)

Yes! I saw you were doing that. It's such fun. :) Can't wait for the next installment in your Ambrosia story. :)

So speaking of massive chapters, does anyone here worry about 'word count'? My last chapter was short in comparison my others. My next one is what I would consider massive at 3,000 words....ugh...should I try to divide it up or just reduce dialogue. Does anyone care if a chapter is long or short? Just curious. :)
  • Options
    @AudreyFld and @Thymeless I will have a look.
    New Part is Up: She did what?

Interesting chapter. We find out more about the motives behind the new slave offered! Can't wait to see what Piper's solution might be. :)
  • Options
    @AudreyFld When I was saying massive, I mean it'll probably end up around 10,000, so I think 3000 is fine XD Go for it!
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @AudreyFld I tend to write shorter chapters, but I quite like reading longer ones as you get more into the minds of the characters more.
  • Options
    @Thymeless & @SmallSeven01 - Thanks. Going for it!
  • Options
    sweetnightingalesweetnightingale Posts: 2,084 Member
    *wacea to everybody*

Sorry I've been so quiet. It's been a massively busy week for me with our choral group's comcerts, but it is now officially over for the summer. :) More updates will be happening real soon and I'll be catching up.

I, too, am part of the Pen Pal Project and have been using Sims from my stories. Plus, it will be incorporated into my stories, which I'd planned to do for a while now. Liam and Mathilda mentioned theirs already in Another World, and there will be more of that. :)

Anyway, happy Monday and hope all of you are doing well.
    36314395402_b6f8316264_z.jpg]
    Simming With Sweet Nightingale.Forever in Time, Short Stories, and much more
  • Options
    @sweetnightingale - hey! I am sure you enjoyed the concerts. They are such fun! I can't carry a tune but my granddaughter is in a choir and they have concerts as well. I love to go and hear them and she loves singing. :)
  • Options
    Hi again :) I'm back! @sweetnightingale I'm glad you had fun!
    @AudreyFld and @SmallSeven01 I'll try to read your new chapters today :)

Also, new mini chapter! Because this happened while I was waiting for it to be daytime so I could start setting up the house for the engagement party =p
    Intermission: Not So Sneaky
    02-63-5-ss01.jpg?w=700
    In which a vampire shows up. Huh.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @Thymeless - this was so cute. I want to eat you! I don't think so buddy! Hahaha.
  • Options
    @AudreyFld Lyra is taking none of that nonsense! =p
    signature-gen-3.jpg