Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plant Sim's ?

Comments

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'd love plantsims to make a return. <3
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I'd love plantsims to make a return. <3

I am hoping they do, But I am really baffled bout why they have not so far when a lot of Garden stuff has been released already,and more Garden items are still needed.
  • Options
    I also think if they ever do add in Pet's, that a Plant Sim Pup and Plant Sim kitty, would fit well into that type of family.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I saw a few people mention in this thread that they weren't keen on plantsims, it might be because they play a more realistic game, and/or that they disliked the way they looked.

I also usually play a realistic game, but I do quite like plantsims because I enjoy gardening in the game and plantsims (and fairies) come with nice perks. I used to make them look like 'normal' Sims by changing their hair and clothes, and changing their skintone. None of my main Sims are supernaturals, but I don't mind having supernaturals as long as they are 'hidden': they look like everyday Sims and I can turn the autonomous interactions off. It's useful to have a Plantsim as a gardener, for example, or to supply your grocery store.

Which leads me to the difference between how you became a plantsim in different games. I disliked the TS2 style of becoming a Plantsim if you used too much fertiliser, because this became a nuisance if you just wanted to do your gardening and didn't want that Sim to be a Plantsim, you HAD to use fertiliser to get rid of the bugs. I preferred the TS3 route where you had to obtain the special fruit that turned you into one, and I think there was a potion for it too? I liked that it was a conscious act and liked the storyline of having a scientist that discovered this special fruit. It made it more special.

I know some people might prefer the randomness that came with the TS2 version, and I wouldn't have minded it as much if it were avoidable and there was an alternative to fertiliser. So people who don't like chaos and forced features have the option to continue gardening without the forced conversion (or bug infested plants).
  • Options
    I saw a few people mention in this thread that they weren't keen on plantsims, it might be because they play a more realistic game, and/or that they disliked the way they looked.

I also usually play a realistic game, but I do quite like plantsims because I enjoy gardening in the game and plantsims (and fairies) come with nice perks. I used to make them look like 'normal' Sims by changing their hair and clothes, and changing their skintone. None of my main Sims are supernaturals, but I don't mind having supernaturals as long as they are 'hidden': they look like everyday Sims and I can turn the autonomous interactions off. It's useful to have a Plantsim as a gardener, for example, or to supply your grocery store.

Which leads me to the difference between how you became a plantsim in different games. I disliked the TS2 style of becoming a Plantsim if you used too much fertiliser, because this became a nuisance if you just wanted to do your gardening and didn't want that Sim to be a Plantsim, you HAD to use fertiliser to get rid of the bugs. I preferred the TS3 route where you had to obtain the special fruit that turned you into one, and I think there was a potion for it too? I liked that it was a conscious act and liked the storyline of having a scientist that discovered this special fruit. It made it more special.

I know some people might prefer the randomness that came with the TS2 version, and I wouldn't have minded it as much if it were avoidable and there was an alternative to fertiliser. So people who don't like chaos and forced features have the option to continue gardening without the forced conversion (or bug infested plants).

I have yet to try to do the Plant Sims in Sims 3, I mostly do them in Sims 2, Glad to know that the scientists can find the fruit so I can turn them into one, thanx for sharing.
  • Options
    Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    edited September 2016
    If they were to return eventually I hope they still allow occults to be mixed between two life states. For example in TS2 a Bigfoot could be a witch and Servo a zombie. Naturally my most played life-state was always a plantsim witch. So being able to mix the occult statuses would make it funner.
    With that in mind. With what @Cinderellimouse mentioned I didn't really like The Sims 3's method as it was just too tedious to get sometimes, and the Sims 2 was sometimes accidental but also a problem to cure on occasions with other matters in a household. I think a mix of the seeds being obtained rarely from spraying/gathering AND planted to be eaten after it grows. But I also hope they don't make growing the baby plantsims a thing, because it just fills the household more than needed. But instead opt in for a method of how TS2 can do it by growing it on the spot.

Lastly, I always preferred how Plant Sim motives looked and worked in TS2 as it was cleaner without the blocked up needs still visible; but also with how they never needed to sleep which made it easier to get things done with one
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Options
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    If they were to return eventually I hope they still allow occults to be mixed between two life states. For example in TS2 a Bigfoot could be a witch and Servo a zombie. Naturally my most played life-state was always a plantsim witch. So being able to mix the occult statuses would make it funner.
    With that in mind. With what @Cinderellimouse mentioned I didn't really like The Sims 3's method as it was just too tedious to get sometimes, and the Sims 2 was sometimes accidental but also a problem to cure on occasions with other matters in a household. I think a mix of the seeds being obtained rarely from spraying/gathering AND planted to be eaten after it grows. But I also hope they don't make growing the baby plantsims a thing, because it just fills the household more than needed. But instead opt in for a method of how TS2 can do it by growing it on the spot.

Lastly, I always preferred how Plant Sim motives looked and worked in TS2 as it was cleaner without the blocked up needs still visible; but also with how they never needed to sleep which made it easier to get things done with one

Luv your char, Purple is one of My 2 fave colors, Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

I have yet to try to do the Plant Sims in Sims 3, I mostly do them in Sims 2, Glad to know that the scientists can find the fruit so I can turn them into one, thanx for sharing.

No problem, my memory is shaky so I was just looking it up. You had to eat the 'forbidden fruit', planting it gave you a plantsim baby. I didn't know this but apparently there was a 20% chance of getting turned into one if you volunteered as a test-subject at the science lab too. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/universitylife/plantsims.php

I like @Sorak4's suggestion of randomly obtaining plantsim seeds from gardening and then eating the fruit once grown is good.

Maybe there could be the new plant and gardening it, or having it in your inventory too long could get you infected with spores. First you could get a warning buff (like 'pollinated'?), and then the sim might get 'dazed', then the third stage would be an itchy green rash. You could treat it with medicine ordered online or a new herbalism ointment. If left untreated your Sim would become a Plantsim after about 2 days (this would only happen to active households though unless some kind of story progression was added). Then there would be the random chance for people who like that, there would be a chance to cure it, and people who didn't want it at all could just avoid the fruit/plant completely. That makes it random, optional and preventable. Eating it directly would mean an instant change.

Maybe another route would be becoming infected with Plantsim spores if you closely interact with one (kissing, hugging, etc).
  • Options

No problem, my memory is shaky so I was just looking it up. You had to eat the 'forbidden fruit', planting it gave you a plantsim baby. I didn't know this but apparently there was a 20% chance of getting turned into one if you volunteered as a test-subject at the science lab too. http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/universitylife/plantsims.php

I like @Sorak4's suggestion of randomly obtaining plantsim seeds from gardening and then eating the fruit once grown is good.

Maybe there could be the new plant and gardening it, or having it in your inventory too long could get you infected with spores. First you could get a warning buff (like 'pollinated'?), and then the sim might get 'dazed', then the third stage would be an itchy green rash. You could treat it with medicine ordered online or a new herbalism ointment. If left untreated your Sim would become a Plantsim after about 2 days (this would only happen to active households though unless some kind of story progression was added). Then there would be the random chance for people who like that, there would be a chance to cure it, and people who didn't want it at all could just avoid the fruit/plant completely. That makes it random, optional and preventable. Eating it directly would mean an instant change.

Maybe another route would be becoming infected with Plantsim spores if you closely interact with one (kissing, hugging, etc).

Awesome thank you, I saved the page , much appreciated.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    I never made a plant sim :(. I never wanted to spoil it for myself by looking up how you make them. I was always hoping to stumble upon it and find out for myself. Now I feel like I've missed something life changing.
  • Options
    Bagoas77 wrote: »
    I never made a plant sim :(. I never wanted to spoil it for myself by looking up how you make them. I was always hoping to stumble upon it and find out for myself. Now I feel like I've missed something life changing.

If you still play Sims 2 or 3, you can go back and try them out :)
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    I think they should have elementals in Seasons, Plant Sims included. But at the very least something like that!
  • Options
    I think they should have elementals in Seasons, Plant Sims included. But at the very least something like that!

I am hoping that someday they will add the 4 Elements Characters to Season's pack, Earth, Wind, Fire, Water, and give them their own Specific Skills or Traits, now to Me that would be awesome as well as Plant Sims of course, :)
  • Options
    I am wondering if they will add the rest of the garden stuff into Season's like greenhouse , garden tools, compost and such, I still think it would be awesome for the 4 Elements Wind , Earth, Fire, Water to be added, I am glad that some have told Me that My ideas are good ones, makes Me happy, :).
  • Options
    I would also like to see Truly awesome Rose Bushes like they have in Sims 2, the ones I have seen in Sims 4 don't even look like Roses on them, they need to make them bigger I think, and in more colors, Sims 2 has at least 5 different Rose Colors, so Why does Sims 4 only have 1? and why are they so small they can barely be seen?
  • Options
    I think Seasons would be awesome in the Sims 4 if only they would add it in already, cause the trees and gardens would go bare and more gardening would be needed by My Plant Sims to get ready for Winter time, and there is just no Xmas without a bit of snow in My Opinion, so they going to make us go with out Snow yet again? I hope not, I want all the seasons for My Plant Sims, and I for one want the Santa and Mrs outfits and Hats as well, so I will wait yet again and see what happens.
  • Options
    SnowstormTheCatSnowstormTheCat Posts: 40 New Member
    I think Seasons would be awesome in the Sims 4 if only they would add it in already, cause the trees and gardens would go bare and more gardening would be needed by My Plant Sims to get ready for Winter time, and there is just no Xmas without a bit of snow in My Opinion, so they going to make us go with out Snow yet again? I hope not, I want all the seasons for My Plant Sims, and I for one want the Santa and Mrs outfits and Hats as well, so I will wait yet again and see what happens.
    Well, we recently got announced that there's a new EP. And where I live we don't get much snow anyways.

• Options
    Well, we recently got announced that there's a new EP. And where I live we don't get much snow anyways.

Ya I already know bout the lousy No Vampire City Life, not sure if I will bother to buy it, but thanks for the info.
  • Options
    I am thinking that EA and Maxis should make like a Jungle type Pack for the Plant Sims, with Swinging Vines and Tree Houses and such, now to Me that would be fun, :).
  • Options

Ya I already know bout the lousy No Vampire City Life, not sure if I will bother to buy it, but thanks for the info.

I do like it when it snows though!
  • Options
    I am thinking that EA and Maxis should make like a Jungle type Pack for the Plant Sims, with Swinging Vines and Tree Houses and such, now to Me that would be fun, :).

Off topic but, do think lottery tickets in The Sims 4 would be a good idea?
  • Options

Off topic but, do think lottery tickets in The Sims 4 would be a good idea?

off topic, no I do not, in my opinion they only take your money, and you never win, there is more luck of being struck by lightening then to win a lottery.
  • Options
    namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    this would be great i actually do miss this as a lifestate. hopefully it will be added into seasons? or a supernatural expansion
  • Options
    namine39 wrote: »
    this would be great i actually do miss this as a lifestate. hopefully it will be added into seasons? or a supernatural expansion

I am hoping for Supernatural & Gothic stuff myself, I hope everything gets added in someday.
  • Options
    namine39namine39 Posts: 41 Member
    namine39 wrote: »

I am hoping for Supernatural & Gothic stuff myself, I hope everything gets added in someday.

omg yes! gothic stuff is a must <3<3