Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Willingly Writing Reading Circle (On Hiatus)

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @friendsfan367, @Arrowleaf, @Yushika
    Any questions for me (as the writer) about Kass's story? Or responses to my guided questions? Or thoughts?
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    xJojox wrote: »
    im only about 6 chapters away from the end of 1.0 and i feel like its gonna build to something... i dunno? lets just see!

@xJojox... things are about to get.... "interesting?" Lol... you'll see.

i read a lot yesterday but now theres construction noise . so tonight i'll read more.

@friendsfan367 Thank you. :)

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited June 2017
    Any questions for me (as the writer) about Kass's story? Or responses to my guided questions? Or thoughts?

i have one i don't think i asked anywhere?

where did the idea for kass come from?

i'm still learning about chacter development so things like how some one decidedes what a charter should be intrest me.sorry if i'm not doing it right.
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
  • Options
    Please welcome @swcheppes and @TheoriesOfHappiness to our Reading Circle. :)

@swcheppes @TheoriesOfHappiness We are currently reading The Krazy Crazy Life of Kassiopeia Fullbright.

Here is the link to my discussion questions. Don't feel pressured to catch up too quickly, unless you want to. I'd love to just hear your initial thoughts. :)

Please introduce yourself, your preferred name, add your story link, and a story description, and let us know your posting schedule. I'll add your info to the first page and get you on the reading rotation.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited June 2017
    hey everyone. happy to be a part of the circle, and can't wait to read everyone's stories!

my username is theories of happiness, and i don't really mind what you call me. any variation of that is fine, honestly. i'm a guy, so i prefer he/him pronouns! you can find my story here. i have a plethora of others, but blood brothers is the one i update the most and has the most chapters, so that's the one i'll ask you all to focus on. :) blood brothers is a supernatural romance that i write with a "soap opera" and "episodic" tone. it follows Genesis, a woman who moved from smalltown Pearl, Alabama to Puyallup, Washington for education purposes. it has some dark undertones to it, and some chapters discuss some pretty heavy topics. as for a posting schedule, i update it at random based on the screenshots i have and inspiration. normally i get a chapter out a week, at the least. :)
  • Options
    xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    @liz thats awesome, i cant wait ti see how it all plays out.
    @TheoriesOfHappiness welcome to our group!
  • Options
    swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for letting me join this group! I'm excited to get to know all of your stories :)

Here's a little bit about me. My user name is swcheppes same as my origin ID. I'm fine with you calling me that. I've played Sims from the very beginning but Sims 4 was the first time I started reading and writing simlit. I love Disney and comic books which you can tell by my stories ;)

I have a few stories going at the moment but the one I would like to focus on in this group is my story called Super Dating. It's the story of my simself. She's trying to figure out her place in the world while also trying to find that special someone she calls her forever person. The story is told from her point of view as she navigates through the world of love and life. It's got about 10 episodes so it's not to hard to catch up on. I try and post it ever week, but life as you know gets in the way. So I'd say there's a new episode every 2 weeks.
    suRdkSd.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    ANSWERS TO YOUR DISCUSSION QUESTIONS @AdamsEve1231
    1) What would you say are some key plot points in the story and how these help motivate Kass? Kass is driven by her family and friends. She is definitely a strong woman with strong morals that follow through in her character for the duration on 1.0. The key points are definitely the explosion of her dad and EXCES. Regardless of their strained relationship, she still wants to save him no matter what. Another key point is the relationship between Kass and Gage. It's a little hot and cold ... in ways Kass is like a mini mother to him and he kinda needs it in ways too. I would actually not like to see it get 'hot' because he needs her in other ways that shouldn't be romantic.

2) How does the tone/story shift or change after chapter 4? It changed a lot. It's pretty introductory for the first few chapters and one noted because we are just getting to know Kass. But you can see obvious story building here.

3) Which character would you say best helps Kass be her most authentic self? Her mother. She mother is quite old fashioned really. But in this day and age people do silly things and not many people live by the wait til marriage thing any more. It's definitely an olden day rule. Well to me and other Australians anyway. But she definitely has a tight reign on her daughter which almost seems to be unreasonable at the same time because Kass is an adult. But she does listen, and quite obedient because he wants her mothers approval even though she strays from it too. Maybe she is trying to learn from her own mothers mistakes even though she's already convinced she won't make them anyway.

4) What would you say are some of Kass's best and worst traits? How likely do you think she is to change? She's definitely controlling in ways i picked that up in early chapters. And sometimes i get the feeling that some things aren't good enough. She is obedient and a little old fashioned too. But she overall has a good head on her shoulders and definitely a caring soul. Maybe she actually cares too much and that's why she is passionate about what the other characters do with their lives.

5) How do you think her family life and experiences affect her thoughts on love, romance, and dating? It effects her a lot because she can't be her own person. Her mum and Nonna are hung up on her not having sex and boyfriends. I know if i was 18 and my mum told me that i would tell them to go and fly a kite! lol. She fell in love with Davis sooooooo quickly i figured, to fall in love that quick ... can easily let a woman hop in bed in no time. But she turned him down for kissing and everything and is definitely a little frigid. Her sisters all seem to run along the same line ... but her friend Ayeisha, is a little more open minded. But yet she does not take a page from her book... so she definitely runs by her family morals.

Based on all that has happened in KCLKF,

1) At what points did the tone shift/change? A few times in between. And possibly a lot when Jennifer died. That just changed the dynamic of Gage's character completely. And the very end ... left much to be desired. That was a massive tone change where you could only expect drama drama drama for 2.0. Another tone change was Davis's bombshell and confession which was not so explosive towards the end considering it's revealed that he married the 'lady of the night' before he lost her to an overdose. So maybe regardless of who the woman was he was doing the right thing ... and he is a widow! The plot thickens! Does that make Kass dislike it more ?... Or realise he was noble in his past doings even if they were a little wrong to begin with?

2) What did you think of Kass's response to Davis' revelation? Why do you think she reacted this way? Her morals here about virginity and only 'one love' made her react that way and maybe a touch of jealousy? I think she kinda wanted him to be just hers because i think she believes in a happy ever after. I think regardless of how it went down you could see the good in what Davis was trying to do and she only reacted to the negative before giving the poor guy the credit for being courageous for telling her in the first place, and trying to help another person when they couldn't help themselves. She was mad ... but there was no forgiveness. Not initially anyway. I don't know if she will forgive him though really ... i have a feeling she may resent him for it unless the marriage thing straightens things out so it doesn't seem so bad?

3) What about Kass' reaction to her experiences in the Goth house? Why do you think it took until her ideas were rejected by Gunther Goth to grieve her losses? Because of the way they treated her. It was exciting for a second though. Only to be turned down flat. Her dad is weak and she is just coming to grips with it all. And the fact that while she is in the clear now.... could Kass get this later? But still so many things were happening at this time ... everything just seemed to attack her thoughts all at once for her to deal with it all. I think it's the last thing that Gunther jr said "go cry to your daddy ... OH your daddy won'y be here much longer...." or something like that. OUCH that would have been heart wrenching. It killed her hope ...

4) How did Kass' relationship with Gage change several times and what contributed to this? Gage and Kass. They are painful those two. Besties, enemies ... and then we have him in love with her, then resenting her .... there for each other... all over the place. There's feelings here that no one can define or sort out. But as ive mentioned before he needs her to help him. He needs her because she's a constant. But his new lifestlye ... doesn't mesh well with how Kass feels about things in general. Their friendship seems complicated and never quite on track! I go from liking Gage to disliking him ... but then i do the same with Kass because of the situations she gets herself thinking she could have reacted differently. But she is definitely impulsive and all about the reacting in the moment.

5) How do you expect Kass to move forward? What lessons do you think she has learned? In what areas do you think she still needs to grow? OMG YES she needs to grow. Her feelings are all very real in this story. Very pleasing to read because i get it and have invested myself into reading about her life. She needs a good kick in the pants sometimes too. She has this feistiness about her and she is a strong character but weak and vulnerable in so many ways. I saw that in her mini depression nearing the end of 1.0. I think she needs to live her own life and not let anyone tell her how to lead it. Her family influences and 'rules' control her. As far as moving forward ... HA! Moving into more KRAZY maybe. Lessons. Not many. She is right at the beginning where she is scratching the surface of so many lessons.

Sorry if these might be wrong. But i's how i see it an my opinion on things. Getting back on track finally. And trying to me more active in our group! Sorry for the novel hun <3
  • Options
    ArrowleafArrowleaf Posts: 3,871 Member
    @swcheppes and @TheoriesOfHappiness Welcome! I've actually been meaning to start up both of your stories so I am so happy to see you two here! ^_^ I'm still attempting to catch up with @AdamsEve1231 's story (at least to chapter 14 so I can answer the questions) and I am still forever behind on @xJojox 's as well, so it might take a while, but I promise to do my best!
    4s8gctV.png
    The Landon Legacy Wordpress // Forums|
    Chasing Rainbows: Wordpress // Forums
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »
    @swcheppes and @TheoriesOfHappiness Welcome! I've actually been meaning to start up both of your stories so I am so happy to see you two here! ^_^ I'm still attempting to catch up with @AdamsEve1231 's story (at least to chapter 14 so I can answer the questions) and I am still forever behind on @xJojox 's as well, so it might take a while, but I promise to do my best!

hi arrow i'm behind on her story too. after 3 days i realized i was reading the wrong part.
  • Options
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Thanks for letting me join this group! I'm excited to get to know all of your stories :)

Here's a little bit about me. My user name is swcheppes same as my origin ID. I'm fine with you calling me that. I've played Sims from the very beginning but Sims 4 was the first time I started reading and writing simlit. I love Disney and comic books which you can tell by my stories ;)

I have a few stories going at the moment but the one I would like to focus on in this group is my story called Super Dating. It's the story of my simself. She's trying to figure out her place in the world while also trying to find that special someone she calls her forever person. The story is told from her point of view as she navigates through the world of love and life. It's got about 10 episodes so it's not to hard to catch up on. I try and post it ever week, but life as you know gets in the way. So I'd say there's a new episode every 2 weeks.

i haven't read it yet but i can relate. i didn't move out at 18 i was older so i still feel like i'm figuring things out.

welcome scheps and theoryofhappienness.
  • Options
    And .... you may never ever catch up! lol. My update ... rate is too quick i think?!
  • Options
    And .... you may never ever catch up! lol. My update ... rate is too quick i think?!

i decied since i'm new here to catch up reading first.

it might be impossible but i'm trying.
  • Options
    TheoriesOfHappinessTheoriesOfHappiness Posts: 1,126 Member
    thanks for the welcome! no need to rush on my behalf. blood brothers will be there, all the same, when you get the opportunity. ;)
  • Options
    Simcraft81Simcraft81 Posts: 499 Member
    edited June 2017
    @adamseve1231 Is it difficult for you to decide what happens to characters in your story? Let's say you've been reading feedback from other readers and they have a character they are very fond of etc. Do you feel tempted to pander to what readers feel and want for the character or do you go straight forward with what you want for that character? I will have more feedback in the next few days.

@Yushika I owe you more feedback from your story and I haven't forgotten :)

Also @AdamsEve1231
    Since Bella Goth is part of your story, I wanted to show you this alternate outfit for her even though I eventually I gave it to my new sim, Ria lol.

It's downloadable @ Sims3 Exchange
    Top http://tinyurl.com/y8bcwp7x Bottom http://tinyurl.com/ycbvvbwv
  • Options
    @TheoriesofHappiness & @swcheppes Again, welcome to our reading circle. I am happy you're here. I'll update the front page with your information.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @xJojox, @Simcraft81, @friendsfan367, @Yushika, @Arrowleaf, @TheoriesOfHappiness, @swcheppes
    I wanted to ask about the reading schedule. I know some of you are trying to get caught up on my story. And no pressure. There are questions for those of you who are below chapter 14.

The schedule on the front page has Jojo listed next @xJojox and then @Simcraft81. Should we continue in this order and then cycle through the new individuals and finish with @Arrowleaf and @Yushika?

Or would you like to select a specific segment of the month? I know summer is busy. I'm thinking of starting the weeks on a Sunday and ending on a Saturday to make it easier to track.

Based on that, here's the weeks laid out for the future:

June 24th (@Adamseve1231 KCLKF last day)
    June 25th - July 8th
    July 9th - July 22nd
    July 23rd - August 5th
    August 6th - August 19th
    August 20th- September 2nd
    September 3rd - September 16th
    September 17th - September 30th
    October 1st-October 14th

I can come back in and edit once I know what week you would prefer.

I will be gone (and offline most likely) from July 15th-July 22nd (for a grad school trip). I will probably need someone else to help with discussion/facilitation during this time.

This doesn't mean people can't discuss other stories or ask questions about their own at any time. Thanks everyone!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

i'm still learning about chacter development so things like how some one decidedes what a charter should be intrest me.sorry if i'm not doing it right.

@friendsfan367 Where did the idea for Kass come from? That's a great question. I've been mulling over this and wondering that myself. It may sound odd, but I think she just came to life for me. I wanted an alter-ego of sorts with some similarities to my own life, but then the Sims took over and ran a whole different direction. Kass became an extension of me and then her own person, and the game itself really helped determine direction and purpose and goals. I knew I wanted her to be a redhead... power to the gingers of the world! because I'm a redhead. I also wanted a strong female protagonist who was flawed in a major way and needed to find herself, but felt real, dynamic, and contradictory at times. I let the game influence her life and choices even though I have detailed outlines and basic ideas about her life and what I want her to accomplish in the story. It's a symbiotic relationship almost - I build characters and worlds and design stories and the game breathes life into them, and in turn, surprises, challenges, and enriches me. I hope that answers your question.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't mind setting my schedule for later If any new members want to go ahead of me it's fine.
  • Options

@friendsfan367 Where did the idea for Kass come from? That's a great question. I've been mulling over this and wondering that myself. It may sound odd, but I think she just came to life for me. I wanted an alter-ego of sorts with some similarities to my own life, but then the Sims took over and ran a whole different direction. Kass became an extension of me and then her own person, and the game itself really helped determine direction and purpose and goals. I knew I wanted her to be a redhead... power to the gingers of the world! because I'm a redhead. I also wanted a strong female protagonist who was flawed in a major way and needed to find herself, but felt real, dynamic, and contradictory at times. I let the game influence her life and choices even though I have detailed outlines and basic ideas about her life and what I want her to accomplish in the story. It's a symbiotic relationship almost - I build characters and worlds and design stories and the game breathes life into them, and in turn, surprises, challenges, and enriches me. I hope that answers your question.

it does. because i'm preweiting again i understand. and i've said many times that i was writing happy family stories . there was this little rebel named ayden who decied rules were for breaking. and i gave up some of the control. hes still figuring out who he is too. because he thought he was one way then one event changed him. and hes challenging
  • Options
    ANSWERS TO YOUR DISCUSSION QUESTIONS @AdamsEve1231
    1) What would you say are some key plot points in the story and how these help motivate Kass? Kass is driven by her family and friends. She is definitely a strong woman with strong morals that follow through in her character for the duration on 1.0. The key points are definitely the explosion of her dad and EXCES. Regardless of their strained relationship, she still wants to save him no matter what. Another key point is the relationship between Kass and Gage. It's a little hot and cold ... in ways Kass is like a mini mother to him and he kinda needs it in ways too. I would actually not like to see it get 'hot' because he needs her in other ways that shouldn't be romantic.

2) How does the tone/story shift or change after chapter 4? It changed a lot. It's pretty introductory for the first few chapters and one noted because we are just getting to know Kass. But you can see obvious story building here.

3) Which character would you say best helps Kass be her most authentic self? Her mother. She mother is quite old fashioned really. But in this day and age people do silly things and not many people live by the wait til marriage thing any more. It's definitely an olden day rule. Well to me and other Australians anyway. But she definitely has a tight reign on her daughter which almost seems to be unreasonable at the same time because Kass is an adult. But she does listen, and quite obedient because he wants her mothers approval even though she strays from it too. Maybe she is trying to learn from her own mothers mistakes even though she's already convinced she won't make them anyway.

4) What would you say are some of Kass's best and worst traits? How likely do you think she is to change? She's definitely controlling in ways i picked that up in early chapters. And sometimes i get the feeling that some things aren't good enough. She is obedient and a little old fashioned too. But she overall has a good head on her shoulders and definitely a caring soul. Maybe she actually cares too much and that's why she is passionate about what the other characters do with their lives.

5) How do you think her family life and experiences affect her thoughts on love, romance, and dating? It effects her a lot because she can't be her own person. Her mum and Nonna are hung up on her not having sex and boyfriends. I know if i was 18 and my mum told me that i would tell them to go and fly a kite! lol. She fell in love with Davis sooooooo quickly i figured, to fall in love that quick ... can easily let a woman hop in bed in no time. But she turned him down for kissing and everything and is definitely a little frigid. Her sisters all seem to run along the same line ... but her friend Ayeisha, is a little more open minded. But yet she does not take a page from her book... so she definitely runs by her family morals.

Based on all that has happened in KCLKF,

1) At what points did the tone shift/change? A few times in between. And possibly a lot when Jennifer died. That just changed the dynamic of Gage's character completely. And the very end ... left much to be desired. That was a massive tone change where you could only expect drama drama drama for 2.0. Another tone change was Davis's bombshell and confession which was not so explosive towards the end considering it's revealed that he married the 'lady of the night' before he lost her to an overdose. So maybe regardless of who the woman was he was doing the right thing ... and he is a widow! The plot thickens! Does that make Kass dislike it more ?... Or realise he was noble in his past doings even if they were a little wrong to begin with?

2) What did you think of Kass's response to Davis' revelation? Why do you think she reacted this way? Her morals here about virginity and only 'one love' made her react that way and maybe a touch of jealousy? I think she kinda wanted him to be just hers because i think she believes in a happy ever after. I think regardless of how it went down you could see the good in what Davis was trying to do and she only reacted to the negative before giving the poor guy the credit for being courageous for telling her in the first place, and trying to help another person when they couldn't help themselves. She was mad ... but there was no forgiveness. Not initially anyway. I don't know if she will forgive him though really ... i have a feeling she may resent him for it unless the marriage thing straightens things out so it doesn't seem so bad?

3) What about Kass' reaction to her experiences in the Goth house? Why do you think it took until her ideas were rejected by Gunther Goth to grieve her losses? Because of the way they treated her. It was exciting for a second though. Only to be turned down flat. Her dad is weak and she is just coming to grips with it all. And the fact that while she is in the clear now.... could Kass get this later? But still so many things were happening at this time ... everything just seemed to attack her thoughts all at once for her to deal with it all. I think it's the last thing that Gunther jr said "go cry to your daddy ... OH your daddy won'y be here much longer...." or something like that. OUCH that would have been heart wrenching. It killed her hope ...

4) How did Kass' relationship with Gage change several times and what contributed to this? Gage and Kass. They are painful those two. Besties, enemies ... and then we have him in love with her, then resenting her .... there for each other... all over the place. There's feelings here that no one can define or sort out. But as ive mentioned before he needs her to help him. He needs her because she's a constant. But his new lifestlye ... doesn't mesh well with how Kass feels about things in general. Their friendship seems complicated and never quite on track! I go from liking Gage to disliking him ... but then i do the same with Kass because of the situations she gets herself thinking she could have reacted differently. But she is definitely impulsive and all about the reacting in the moment.

5) How do you expect Kass to move forward? What lessons do you think she has learned? In what areas do you think she still needs to grow? OMG YES she needs to grow. Her feelings are all very real in this story. Very pleasing to read because i get it and have invested myself into reading about her life. She needs a good kick in the pants sometimes too. She has this feistiness about her and she is a strong character but weak and vulnerable in so many ways. I saw that in her mini depression nearing the end of 1.0. I think she needs to live her own life and not let anyone tell her how to lead it. Her family influences and 'rules' control her. As far as moving forward ... HA! Moving into more KRAZY maybe. Lessons. Not many. She is right at the beginning where she is scratching the surface of so many lessons.

Sorry if these might be wrong. But i's how i see it an my opinion on things. Getting back on track finally. And trying to me more active in our group! Sorry for the novel hun <3

@xJojox
    No worries about the novel. There are no right or wrong answers to my questions. In fact, I'm hoping for thoughts other than my own.

1. Agreed about their hot-cold relationship. Everyone has different thoughts about Gage, but I think for now, Gage needs less hot, and more friend-zone.
    2. I kinda changed my original sweet family story goals and went full on drama. LOL.
    3. I'm happy to see what you said about Kass' mom. I wasn't thinking of Amy, but I do think Amy has a huge amount of influence over her daughter. Their relationship is a push and pull right now, as I imagine it is for all mothers with daughters "coming of age." You'll definitely see more Amy-Kass development in KFLL, and mother-daughter development in general.
    4. Kass is definitely controlling at times. I think it's because of her own family. Her mom and grandparents are controlling too.
    It's natural that Kass would pick up on that. I think it's also because she wants to control things that she can because other things in her life are outside of her control, or spinning wildly out of control. It's her way of staying safe and protecting herself and the people she cares about, but also her way of trying to define who she is. And in terms of her being old-fashioned,
    she comes out of her shell. ;)
    5. I think you hit the nail on the head here: Kass is struggling to be her own person because of her family's influence. I also think she doesn't know what she wants and honestly, she's scared which is why she's frigid to Davis. Ayesha helps encourage Kass more in the future, so you'll be seeing more of her.
    6. Gage definitely needs to do some growing up and make some serious improvements in his life. He does make growth and progress in his own spin-off From Riverview, With Love, but at the end of KCLKF, he's pretty dirt-bag-esque to Kass and Davis.
    Interesting questions about Davis and thoughts. I am glad you think there's more to his story, because there is, obviously,
    haha, and you'll see more in future stories.
    7. Kass has a happily ever after approach to love (at least now in her innocence she does), and this certainly affects how she feels about men in general, not just Davis. She grows and explores in the future, but this is something she gets hung up on easily and causes her to react with jealousy and frustration. We'll see what Kass does with Davis in the future.
    8. Gunther Goth Jr. was a jerk and other words I can't say on here so plum. He did sort-of break her heart and her hope.
    9. I have a love-hate relationship with Gage. And Kass has her moments where I want to smack her too (and some of this came from in-game interactions (i.e. Davis told Kass a "secret" and she exploded in anger, and the whole Gage/Kass partying on the beach thing and coming back and sharing a bed together was an in-game moment (both of which I was like what the llamas? and decided to include it for drama purposes). I hope you don't dislike Kass (or Gage for that matter) too much, as I do think they redeem themselves (especially Kass). I think Kass gets her impulsiveness from her dad to be honest.
    10. I'm glad you found yourself invested. I hope you continue to enjoy her story.

Okay novel right back attcha! Lol.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Simcraft81 wrote: »
    @adamseve1231 Is it difficult for you to decide what happens to characters in your story? Let's say you've been reading feedback from other readers and they have a character they are very fond of etc. Do you feel tempted to pander to what readers feel and want for the character or do you go straight forward with what you want for that character? I will have more feedback in the next few days.

@Yushika I owe you more feedback from your story and I haven't forgotten :)

Also @AdamsEve1231
    Since Bella Goth is part of your story, I wanted to show you this alternate outfit for her even though I eventually I gave it to my new sim, Ria lol.

It's downloadable @ Sims3 Exchange
    Top http://tinyurl.com/y8bcwp7x Bottom http://tinyurl.com/ycbvvbwv

Is it difficult for me, @Simcraft81? Sometimes yes. I know I have certain fans for certain characters, and then things happen and hit the fan, and my fans wonder what in the world happened. As I mentioned to JoJo, some things happened in KCLKF that occurred first in game and I decided to include them in the story for drama purposes. In fact, several key moments occurred in game that happened out of my original plans, and then I saw the opportunity to take the story to another level, explore the backstories, develop characters, create plot turning points, and make the story more intriguing.

Do I feel tempted to pander to readers? Well, Gage Briody got his own spinoff thanks to a few of my loyal readers, and it has given me an opportunity to develop his character, engage his backstory, move the plot forward, fill in some holes between KCLKF and KFLL, and flesh out details of his story and how it overlaps with Kass'. I'd also say thanks to the fans, a character from KFLL gets a spinoff chapter. I still have a general overview for how each character's life is going to go and where I plan to take them, even in spite of the many in-game detours. But to answer your question, I want my readers to like my characters but I generally don't compromise on my overarching plans and story for those characters, even if it makes them unlikable for a time.
    P.S. Thanks for the link. I might have to try the outfit somewhere for Bella.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    @liz ... I definitely don't hate Kass. I have the same relationship you have with her. The love hate thing. Its more a figure of speech really more than anything. Because i have this same relationship with my main character Abby. I don't agree with her methods or her personality ... and if she was my daughter i'd wring her neck too! LOL. Well not really. But in sim world it doesnt matter what happens ... even if its not very rational.