Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I do prefer Sims 3

Comments

• Options
    juleseast3003juleseast3003 Posts: 318 Member
    Seems to have been a lot of comments on this my intention wasn't to bash sims 4. Each game has its own good and bad points. I just needed to try it to see what it was like and found it wasn't for me. As a game it's still in its infancy. When we had sims 2 and not 3 we thought nothing of not having an open world. I'll play 2 and 4 ocasionally but 3 the most. Thanks for all your comments and input
    Thanking you in advance
    Julie :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    Sims 2 Open World is actually an unofficial EP for Sims 3 created by the Modding community and it's installed with the NRaas Mod collection though you have to edit the settings for story progression heavily to get that option.I got it by tuning my Mods heavily and setting things up to play Sims 3 rotationally like it's Sims 2 with the Sims 3 open world.I start a game in an empty custom world and gradually add a population as I play the town.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I bought Sims 4 and I liked it at first especially the clothes and CC that people make but otherwise there really isn't much for the Sims to do in Sims 4. Seems like they are stuck in a rut even when they leave their houses there is nothing to do but Socialize.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    @TadOlson Thanks for the reply :smile:

Yes I never thought of there being anything like that. Some players actually liked the TS2 rotational way of doing things and at first I would admit I was a bit put off by the universal time in TS3 but once I got used to it, I was hooked! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Hello everyone! Just adding my two cents here. As soon as I heard about (and read up on) the Sims 4, I went out and bought Sims 3. ;)
  • Options
    @Odonata68 Welcome to The Sims 3, the greatest Sims game ever made! :smiley:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I prefer sims 3 also and it being out longer makes me want to play it more anyways. With sims 4 you have to wait a while until something released applies to you and more mods too since so many break after updates
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    @king_of_simcity7 Thank you. :) I'm having a lot of fun around here! I decided to start posting after stalking the dd and cascade threads for a long time. lol I even worked up the courage to enter a contest. B)
  • Options
    @Odonata68 God luck in the contests :smile: I have never entered one myself though
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    bee1977bee1977 Posts: 613 Member
    I played Sims 4 for a bit when it first come out, and although I loved some aspects of the game that Sims 3 did not have (the Get To Work expansion was the only EP I played, and loved it), I found myself going back to Sims 3 and have stayed there since. I just like how much you can do in the game, and even though I have been playing the game for 8 years, I still haven't done everything I've wanted or are able to do in Sims 3. There just seems to be no limit to it all!
    Origin: BeeC1977
    Twitter: @Bee77
  • Options
    MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I myself have been rotating between sims 2,3,and 4.going from sims 4 to 3,the way the time flows can throw me off a lot .but sims 3 is still my favorite! I do mis cast though.and not having to update or wait for updates on mods.dine out caused a huge mess for a lot of people in sims 4 .in sims 4 time seems to move too fast than what I'm used to.there is a nod to fix that but I don't think it's been updated.

Next time I play sims 3 I'll probably make a new save in sunlit tides,give a townie a makeover and have them adopt a toddler if they don't already have one .or if they do they might get a baby and take both to the park :p
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Options
    HammyAnnHammyAnn Posts: 4 New Member
    I too prefer Sims 3, I recently started playing it heavily again and have had so much fun rediscovering all the things I can do in Sims 3 that I can't in Sims 4. I like how Sims 4 looks and the newest update that makes it so you can have trans sims (something I have wanted for years) but outside of that there isn't much that keeps me playing, there is just so much more variety in the gameplay of Sims 3.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I want to get four eventually especially for the restaurants and businesses. Ts3 is my favorite. I played ts4 before, but I was bored. It'll be hard to let go of open world and customizing in cas.
  • Options
    loriburcherloriburcher Posts: 38 Member
    MACRONAUT wrote: »
    I would agree, I prefer sims 3 . I liked it enough to buy all the expansions, stuff packs and about 2.5gigabytes of store content.

For sims 4 I have only the base game, enough said.

Totally agree. So have I.Love my Sims 3
  • Options
    fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    MACRONAUT wrote: »
    I would agree, I prefer sims 3 . I liked it enough to buy all the expansions, stuff packs and about 2.5gigabytes of store content.

For sims 4 I have only the base game, enough said.

Totally agree. So have I.Love my Sims 3

Same here :smile:
    Firby nurbs!
  • Options
    GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    I never bought Sims 4, but I do still enjoy mucking around with the CAS demo. I like the more body shapes options, and I do like the art style of the game. But I'll stick with Sims 3, I spent to many hours of frustration getting this game to work properly and now that it (kinda) does, I'm gunna enjoy it!
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
  • Options
    SimFan298SimFan298 Posts: 1,079 Member
    For me, I prefer Sims 4 (if you know me, you kind of already guessed.)

Wasn't a fan of open world, and I don't really care that much about CASt. It all comes down to gameplay, and Sims 4 has better game play to me at the moment.
    Origin ID: theAidster21

The Sims has always been an important part of my life, and may it continue to be so! Long live Sims!

[Due to some kind of glitch, I am unable to insert photos into my signature for some reason.]
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    yeah sims 3 is the best

i don't like how the sims in sims 4 are just mindless zombiebots standing around doing nothing. really off-putting

would it really have killed ea to have an optional story progression on/off checkbox under gameplay settings? sheesh
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    @McTosh Yes I agree they could have provided some more options.

Oh, and welcome to the forums :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    J_Morris97J_Morris97 Posts: 38 Member
    I held off on Sims 4 for a long time but finally caved in and I do hate how small it feels and I hate loading screens. However, when Sims 4 introduces features (like vampires and the vet career) they seem fully rounded and I've not had any issues with any of them (as of yet). I just wish that Sims 4 had the content drive that Sims 3 had and make it feel more open.
  • Options
    flintylime59flintylime59 Posts: 70 Member
    old thread alert
    "Embrace your flaws, work on your flaws, and don't be ashamed of having any flaws."

-Felix Kjellberg
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    TadOlson wrote: »
    I've been playing Sims 2 and the Sims 2 Open World EP for Sims 3 which was made available with the NRaas Mod collection.I've got the entire Sims 3 collection installed and use tons of Mods with tons of CC and the game almost never lags though it can take upt to three minutes to load if it's an EA world.

Whats' that?
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    TS2 Open World Edition is an unoffical Ep for TS3 created by the Modding community and some players who created some custom tuning files for the NRaas Mods.I've got both TS2 and TS3 heavily Modded to fix issues in both games.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    NovasiNovasi Posts: 46 Member
    Sims 3 is ultimately the perfect balance of in-world features and CAS. The onlyyy thing that bothers me about Sims 3 is the lag. It can be reduced with NRaas, but the lag is still prevalent. Wouldn't choose any other Sims game, though!
    WTOiavS.jpg
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    Novasi wrote: »
    Sims 3 is ultimately the perfect balance of in-world features and CAS. The onlyyy thing that bothers me about Sims 3 is the lag. It can be reduced with NRaas, but the lag is still prevalent. Wouldn't choose any other Sims game, though!

have you tried the fixed worlds too? A lot of the 'lag' is cpu calculations which can get stuck in a loop due to bad routing etc. I've found using those worlds greatly reduces it
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D