Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dine Out: Chef at your own restaurant?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    At this time the Gurus have expressed no intent to ever add the ability to work as the chef. I would not expect to see that functionality added anytime in this iteration of the game.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    Maybe they'll add it in get to work expansion later, especially the food critic job xD

They added "food critic" in the CL expansion.
  • Options
    eksynneksynn Posts: 26 Member
    well 🐸🐸🐸🐸. i leveled my sim in cooking and the other cooking skill as well - both to lvl 10 before i bought the restaurant, in the hopes of being able to open a family restaurant with just my sim and her wife D:

anyone knows of a mod that allows this? lol
  • Options
    eksynneksynn Posts: 26 Member
    would also love to be able to set home to my restaurant. thinking of building a small house in the back yard for my sims to live in when the restaurant is closed - is this not possible or am i doing something wrong?
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    eksynn wrote: »
    would also love to be able to set home to my restaurant. thinking of building a small house in the back yard for my sims to live in when the restaurant is closed - is this not possible or am i doing something wrong?

You can't have a lot function as both residential and restaurant. You can still build a residential area on your purchased restaurant lot and have your sims practically live there. But they would have to have an "official" home on a residential lot, even if it's just an empty plot of land.

As to your other concern, I'm afraid I don't know about any mods for it. Maybe someone who plays with mods does.
  • Options
    IkmoqsIkmoqs Posts: 2 New Member
    Had anyone tried hiring sims and then getting them to join your household to raise the skill lvl?
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    For those of you who don't mind the idea of not accompanying them to work you could

- Get them employed in the culinary career as a chef
    - build/download a restaurant
    - check the name of where they work from the relationship panel of someone who knows them
    - change restaurant name to match their workplace
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    haleybob729haleybob729 Posts: 9 New Member
    You can however, download a mod that lets your family members work at your restaurant here:

http://modthesims.info/d/594155

Hope I helped!
    :D :p o:)
  • Options
    haleybob729haleybob729 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @haleybob729 said:
    > You can however, download a mod that lets your family members work at your restaurant here:
    >
    > http://modthesims.info/d/594155
    >
    > Hope I helped!
    > :D :p o:)

Also, you can download the version with/without wages for family members, AND specify which jobs you want them to have. :smiley:
  • Options
    TheSimConnoisseurTheSimConnoisseur Posts: 4 New Member
    2018 and yet you still cant be a chef at your own restaurant...
  • Options
    Laura_JonesLaura_Jones Posts: 485 Member
    > @TheSimConnoisseur said:
    > 2018 and yet you still cant be a chef at your own restaurant...

LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top