Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sports-themed EP or GP?

ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,438 Member
I'm kind of burnt out on EPs of the past and have been trying to brainstorm ideas for content we've never had before.

So here's something we've never had before--an EP entirely dedicated to sports, sports, sports and nothing but sports. Here's how I would plan it out.

Gameplay:
1. Sports activities like shooting hoops, roller/ice skating, soccer, volleyball, table tennis, etc. Sims can compete with other sims in tournaments and win trophies.
2. New afterschool activity in which teens can join the cheerleading squad or play basketball or football for their high school. Teens who join the squad must practice cheers before a game. Teens playing for their teams can just pump iron, jog, etc. Rewards include cool trophies and unlockable outfits.

Decor:
1. Pennants and flags
2. Sports posters
3. Trophies and trophy case

Collectibles
Bobbleheads or sports figurines

Clothing:
1. Sports uniforms--soccer, baseball, etc.
2. Fan gear--foam fingers, beer hats, etc.
3. Cheerleading outfits
4. Ponytails and headbands

Trait:
Sports fanatic--this person loves everything sports and is happiest when watching the sports channel or playing sports

What does everyone think?
EiFlric.png

Comments

• Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Yes please. I'd like more sports activities in general and also a new aspiration that focuses more of sport and healthy living rather than 'bodybuilding'.

I'd prefer gymnastics to cheerleading, for both children and adults. But obviously gymnastics could be used for cheerleading too, I just prefer it to be more generalised.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Yes please. I'd like more sports activities in general and also a new aspiration that focuses more of sport and healthy living rather than 'bodybuilding'.

I'd prefer gymnastics to cheerleading, for both children and adults. But obviously gymnastics could be used for cheerleading too, I just prefer it to be more generalised.

I forgot about gymnastics for some reason, but that would be a great addition! Kids could come home with certificates, trophies and ribbons for doing well at obstacle courses, ballet, etc.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    M0NIK4M0NIK4 Posts: 7 New Member
    I would love to see Sports EP or GP. I'm absolutely crazy about sports and this summer is great time to have additional pack for sims about it. Euros right now and Olympic Games in less than 2 months. I would love to see my sims playing football, basketball, volleyball and other sports that will be in Rio de Janeiro. Not necessarily all of them (like rowing or marathon), but it would be great to have field and track sports like 100m, maybe long jump, pole vault.. This is definitely my dream pack
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    ts1depot wrote: »

I forgot about gymnastics for some reason, but that would be a great addition! Kids could come home with certificates, trophies and ribbons for doing well at obstacle courses, ballet, etc.

That would be adorable! I have some cc ribbons that I put on my 'sporty' teenager's wall. It'd be really nice if they actually won them and brought them home and we could drag them from the inventory to the wall. And if they had a 'reminisce' interaction that gave them a confident or inspired mood. ^__^
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm not a sports person at all, and I still think this idea is amazing! I think it would be such a fun Game Pack idea. They could go all out with sports and activities... Soccer, basketball, gymnastics, swimming competitions, hockey, etc...
    But I also think it would be cool to put in things like golf and you could create your own golf course (and maybe manage it like a restaurant or business... But I'm getting carried away there).
    All ages need these additions, it would add a great deal to the gameplay.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    I'm not a sports person at all, and I still think this idea is amazing! I think it would be such a fun Game Pack idea. They could go all out with sports and activities... Soccer, basketball, gymnastics, swimming competitions, hockey, etc...
    But I also think it would be cool to put in things like golf and you could create your own golf course (and maybe manage it like a restaurant or business... But I'm getting carried away there).

I love the idea of golf--or maybe a miniature golf course venue, at least. It would be so cute if they included a vintage golf outfit as well.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    FranSimsFranSims Posts: 30 Member
    Sports in a Game Pack, would be cool.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I'm kind of burnt out on EPs of the past and have been trying to brainstorm ideas for content we've never had before.

So here's something we've never had before--an EP entirely dedicated to sports, sports, sports and nothing but sports. Here's how I would plan it out.

Gameplay:
    1. Sports activities like shooting hoops, roller/ice skating, soccer, volleyball, table tennis, etc. Sims can compete with other sims in tournaments and win trophies.
    2. New afterschool activity in which teens can join the cheerleading squad or play basketball or football for their high school. Teens who join the squad must practice cheers before a game. Teens playing for their teams can just pump iron, jog, etc. Rewards include cool trophies and unlockable outfits.

Decor:
    1. Pennants and flags
    2. Sports posters

Collectibles

Clothing:
    3. Cheerleading outfits

Trait:
    Sports fanatic--this person loves everything sports and is happiest when watching the sports channel or playing sports

For Me the hair and the clothes would be okay, as for the rest of it not so much, I am more a movie buff then sport's, :).
  • Options
    CookiioCookiio Posts: 31 Member

Gameplay:

Decor:
    1. Pennants and flags
    2. Sports posters

Collectibles

Clothing:
    3. Cheerleading outfits

Trait:

What about bowling I think it be awesome to be able to take sims bowling. take them on dates set up unique bowling alleys watch your sims take turns and celebrate when they get a strike.It could boost are entertainment ect.

• Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Cookiio wrote: »

Gameplay:

Decor:
    1. Pennants and flags
    2. Sports posters

Collectibles

Clothing:
    3. Cheerleading outfits

Trait:

What about bowling I think it be awesome to be able to take sims bowling. take them on dates set up unique bowling alleys watch your sims take turns and celebrate when they get a strike.It could boost are entertainment ect.

Now Bowling was Fun for My Sims in the Sims 2, not sure if it was in 3, But ya that sounds great for Sims 4, :)
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    A sport themed GP would be awesome. It would give us a lot more activities for our sims to do together, and give some variety in the ways for sims to workout. (Although they're already doing quite nicely compared to the sims 3 base game, with the variety of workout equipment.)
  • Options
    Okay, so let's tally suggestions everyone has made so far for sports activities:

1. Bowling
    2. Golf/miniature golf that players can run and design
    3. Football
    4. Basketball
    5. Volleyball
    6. Olympics
    7. Gymnastics
    8. Hockey
    9. Cheerleading
    10. Soccer
    11. Skating
    12. Table tennis

Does anyone have any other activities they would like to add, as well as traits, objects, furniture, clothing, collectibles, traits, and interactions they'd like to see added?
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    M0NIK4M0NIK4 Posts: 7 New Member
    Snooker or billiard might be fun as well. By the way, football and soccer are the same things... If you meant American football by football then it's fine.
  • Options
    M0NIK4 wrote: »
    Snooker or billiard might be fun as well. By the way, football and soccer are the same things... If you meant American football by football then it's fine.

Yes, I meant American football. ;)
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    GozeppelinGozeppelin Posts: 96 Member
    It'd be a good opportunity to introduce skate parks with a skate pool building tool.
  • Options
    jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    Great idea! Adding more ideas:

1. The ability to hold a sports party
    2. "Sporty" foods like nachos
    3. Football shaped cake!
    4. Skateboards
    5. New traits "Sports fanatic" and "Dislikes sports"
    6. New aspirations to master a sport?
    7. Ability to 'teach techniques' from a sim that has a high skill level in a sport to one of a low skill level that raises it a bit
    8. New buy mode item: a huge flat screen?
    9. NPC: mascot
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Okay, so let's make another tally listing suggestions everyone has made so far:

Activities:
    1. Bowling
    2. Golf/miniature golf
    3. American football
    4. Basketball
    5. Volleyball
    6. Olympics
    7. Gymnastics
    8. Hockey
    9. Cheerleading
    10. Soccer
    11. Skating
    12. Table tennis
    13. Snowboarding
    14. Skateboarding
    15. Pool/billiards

Kid/teen:
    1. Gymnastics
    2. Cheerleading

Venues:
    1. Golf course
    2. Skate park
    3. Bowling alley

Traits:
    1. Sports fanatic
    2. Dislikes sports

Food:
    Sports foods (nacho, football-shaped cake)

Aspirations:
    Sports-themed achievement

Social:
    Sports-themed parties

NPC:
    Mascot

Decor:
    1. Pennants and flags
    2. Sports posters

Collectibles

Clothing:
    3. Cheerleading outfits

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    I know we got bowling and hoops (and I'm eternally grateful--thank you :) ), but I'm still holding out hope for a more dedicated sports-themed GP with traits and sports-themed items. I would rather see that than stuff dedicated to mundane activities like shopping and laundry.
    EiFlric.png