Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When we get pets, what accessories and traits do we want to see?

I'm assuming we are going to get pets. I'd like to see colourful leads, more options for ways for the pets to walk and jump onto different things. Buildings and special places for pets. What do you guys think?

Comments

• Options
    DaemonPawsDaemonPaws Posts: 192 Member
    I know it is completely unnecessary, but I would love outfits/accessories for dogs (and cats, why not?). Little dresses, tuxes, bows, etc. I have a Maltese irl and I dress her up all the time.

I think it would be neat if there were pet-friendly and not pet-friendly places, like maybe if you put a sign on the lot that would designate the lot as one or the other. That way you could build restaurants where pets were allowed, or make dog parks, or those neat cat cafes. In addition, if you had a high end location where pets were not welcome, you could set that feature as well to give your world more variety.

I liked how the horses in sims 3 could do jumping courses and stuff. It might be neat to put in an agility course for dogs and maybe add in a competitive aspect to that.

Dog/cat doors that can be placed in walls and new doors that have pet access considered.

A bunch of pillows, beds, doghouses, cat trees, toys. I would also like shelves/tunnels type items to allow the pets (cats especially) to have more mobility through the house.

I'd like it if the pet creation screen had similarly numerous options to CAS. If they keep the dragging/molding aspect for pets, that could create some really interesting creatures. I would also like to see a variety of traits for rambunctious animals or mellow animals, or animals that are more prissy and tend to stay out of mud/dirt and keep their hygiene up longer.

There are just so many options and so many possibilities!
    Origin - DaemonPaws
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    I would like a harness to attach a leash too for smaller-middle size dogs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MurlurMurlur Posts: 6 New Member
    I think it would be nice to have the option to have large dogs, like great Danes and the like. I would also like for your pets to jump on your sims lap when sitting. How funny would it be for your golden retriever to do a belly flop on your sims when they want some attention!
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    It would be cool if, like the SN and S weatherstone combo, if you had P and GTW, pets could be abducted by aliens and alien pets could happen!
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I would love to see a trait for like friendly-ness. It would be cool for your dog to run towards another sim only to give them cuddles and you walk to apologize, you two meet eye to eye and fall in love. Then when you are talking to your grand kids you can point at the picture of the old dog you use to have and say "That's how it all started".
  • Options
    AdoriyahAdoriyah Posts: 156 Member
    I'd like to see dogs & cats of course.
    I'd also like to see birds, that arent like the gold fish, where they are just bought & stuck in some corner & forever ignored bc theres no interactions. Having more options like having a low maintenance bird or one that's really smart & eager to learn things, like talking. Horses, that you can ride to work, or arrange a carriage ride for a special day or take your horse(s) with you when you go camping, or train for shows, etc.
    Animals have personalities & having a bunch traits to choose from would be nice so you can make your pet as unique or generic as you'd like.
    like does your dog get along with other animals? Maybe your dog likes cats & thinks he is one, yet doesnt like other dogs & the cat thinks the dog is dumb & needs to go away....you just really never know with animals lol
    There is so much that can be done just with the animals themselves.
    My Sims 4 Gallery
    Origin ID: Adoriyah
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I don't think the pets should be playable in sim 4 like they were in sim 3 I think they should have the pets do more things for themselves instead of you doing it for them I don't want to have to beg for food or run around as a dog or cat just for them to get points
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I would also like to see special pets like dragons and wolfs that you can find or maybe your very own pet monster under the bed
    as well as the normal pets like dogs cats birds hamsters mice bunnies and snakes also dolphins would be cool
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    I want a raccoon for a pet!!!
  • Options
    higgenbockerhiggenbocker Posts: 124 Member
    I think the Pet Friendly and Non-Friendly areas would be a great idea as stated by @Syllyra
    I also think the addition of little costumes / sweaters for pets would be cool! I think that more intelligent / complex birds would be a great idea. In the Sims 3 I would always get birds but wouldn't ever interact because it was so boring / menial.
  • Options
    higgenbockerhiggenbocker Posts: 124 Member
    and pet jobs, definitely!!
  • Options
    Minai wrote: »
    I want a raccoon for a pet!!!
    In ts3 there's a glitch where if you use the edit in cas cheat on a female raccoon, you can give it traits and exit and then you'll have the same interactions on it as with a cat. You have to build a fence around it though and lock it for pets so it doesn't run away.
  • Options
    and pet jobs, definitely!!
    It would be cool if, to go with the jobs, there could be a one-level aspiration to reach the top of a career or learn all the tricks or maybe just "have fun" where they do pet interactions like "beg for food 3 times", "play with a toy 10 times", and "be friends with a pet". Than
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    If we get the all-traditional pets, I want EA to put a whole new spin on it. We've seen pets three times before so I want to see something new put in, something less typical, something really outlandish. I want fully customizable snakes and homeless dogs wandering the streets. I've already been able to have any pet cat I want so I don't really want to have too many options for them anymore. I want to be able to play as pet only houses and role play from their view. I want an enhanced Dog's Life with a hint of crazy parrot. Otherwise, it'll just have been done before... It'll need a unique selling point to sell so I'd love to see a new version of pets with a total change.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    I think it'd be nice to not be able to play as pets. Then they wouldn't count as part of the household and I could have 8 sims and a family pet. I also think it makes a lot more sense that way.

For cats and dogs I would appreciate some accessories/outfits. Sparkly collars or chained ones, frilly ones or your standard one. Hats and bows would be adorable. Imagine putting your pets in little suits and bowties for a wedding! I want cat trees, doghouses (although I couldn't stand having a puppy sleep outside!), fluffy pillow beds and so many toys to spoil them with! Of course I want pets to have traits and personalities. Playful, friendly, rowdy, shy, loyal, expensive tastes, needy, etc. etc. I can't wait to see what they do with the animal genetics system (assuming we get one). I'd surely spend weeks messing around with pet breeding and giving every household a puppy and/or a kitten!

If we do get horses I think we'd be able to ride them but in certain places and/or in the little area around lots that you can walk around in where you sometimes see picnic benches, grills, and playsets. I'm not a horses fan, but I'd have some fun playing with them (and breeding them because I'm obsessed with genetics in this game)
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    I would like it if they made puppies a little bigger they were really cute in sims3 but you could not see it unless you zoomed in
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Traits - intelligent and something equivalent to well behaved = less furniture destroyed. Loyal's good too.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    AriaSaeryenAriaSaeryen Posts: 70 Member
    Syllyra wrote: »
    I know it is completely unnecessary, but I would love outfits/accessories for dogs (and cats, why not?). Little dresses, tuxes, bows, etc. I have a Maltese irl and I dress her up all the time.

I think it would be neat if there were pet-friendly and not pet-friendly places, like maybe if you put a sign on the lot that would designate the lot as one or the other. That way you could build restaurants where pets were allowed, or make dog parks, or those neat cat cafes. In addition, if you had a high end location where pets were not welcome, you could set that feature as well to give your world more variety.

I liked how the horses in sims 3 could do jumping courses and stuff. It might be neat to put in an agility course for dogs and maybe add in a competitive aspect to that.

Dog/cat doors that can be placed in walls and new doors that have pet access considered.

A bunch of pillows, beds, doghouses, cat trees, toys. I would also like shelves/tunnels type items to allow the pets (cats especially) to have more mobility through the house.

I'd like it if the pet creation screen had similarly numerous options to CAS. If they keep the dragging/molding aspect for pets, that could create some really interesting creatures. I would also like to see a variety of traits for rambunctious animals or mellow animals, or animals that are more prissy and tend to stay out of mud/dirt and keep their hygiene up longer.

There are just so many options and so many possibilities!

I like all of these!

I would love to see pet rabbits too, perhaps they could be "pet Sims."

I would also like to see romantic pet interactions besides trying for babies, like "romantic" nuzzling or grooming.

One idea: a curious cat could be able to jump into a bath or a pool, only to jump right out all mad unless it has a "likes water" trait, then it could swim or play in the bath. Also, cats that like water don't resist baths so much.

No more fleas, please. Those were annoying!

• Options
    KenadiaKenadia Posts: 78 Member
    I would love to see small animals like rabbits too. It would be awesome if they could hop around in the house rather than just be stuck in their little cage to only feed and interact with. I would also love a doggy park! Veterinarian career would be so cool too.
    2nlfmg7.png
    My legacy: Zest in the City
  • Options
    vet would be nice
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    I want more interactions with "collectable" pets like birds, frogs, rodents, lizards and snakes.
    All animals should have a lot of interactions in care, socializing and playing.
    Children should have more special play interactions with pets, especially make-believe. It would be cute if children could play with their small pets as "apprentices" for their wizarding game, making the pet sit on a pile of books with a magic hat next to it, or have a tea-party with their pets.

There should be little playground objects for small animals besides their cages, as no pet should be caged up all the time.
    Snakes can get a Skull object through which they slither around and nap in eye sockets etc. (Hehe my morbid wish)
    Rodents can get a little circus playground with all sorts of mini tricks.
    Frogs can get a little pond playground with lilypads for them to jump on.
    Lizards can also use the skull object for snakes.

Birds should, as @adoriyah said, have different levels of maintenance.
    Small birds like finches and budgies need less entertainment than parrots, as an example.
    Smarter birds can be taught words and tunes, and will say these words when they see a sim, especially if they are excited to see a loved sim or dislike a sim. Sims will react accordingly. (Example: bird likes sim1 and says "love you". Sim1 gets "awwww" buff. Example: bird dislikes sim2 and insults him/her. Sim2 gets angry or sad buff)
    Bird playgrounds include open bird trees (so birds can fly around the house) and a little tropical jungle playground with a small pond and fruit pieces.
    More birdcages should also be available. I don't approve of putting birds in small cages in real life, but for the game, it would be useful to have smaller cages. The cages in TS3 were all so big that I usually barely had space for them.

I would like if small animals could travel with sims in a portable cage that can be dragged in and out of the inventory. That way, they will not get away when outside but can enjoy some fresh air without the sim having to constantly interact with it from the inventory.

According to a sim's traits, they will also like a certain type of small animal more. Evil sims like snakes, geeks like lizards, slobs like rodents, squeemish sims DON'T like frogs, genius sims like birds etc.

As for dogs and cats, little outfits would be ADORABLE. Bring on Christmas sweaters for Fluffy!

I think dogs and cats should also have more interactions with each other. In TS3, all you could really do, was sniff, hiss and breed. More play interactions should be available, as well as mishievous and "curious" interactions:
    A curious interaction type includes things like nibble ears, poke tail, feel strange furr, investigate strange creature etc.
    There should be a lot of sim-pet interactions as well, and multi-tasking allows for pets to sit on a sim's lap while the sim reads or watches TV.
    Children should also have play interactions like tea-party and wizard apprentice with their cats and dogs, as well as options to "give make-over" which will give the pet ribbons, lipstick and painted nails etc.

Pets should be able to cause more mischief and play with common household objects.
    Pets can scare sims, wake them up, attack them, climb onto them, pee on them, destroy furniture, leave a "present" on the floor or in a shoe, make noise and can topple their bowls over, creating a mess.
    Singing along with the radio and TV is a favourite of mine, and with City Living, maybe sims and pets can sing together :wink:

I also want horses. Pets would obviously have to come with a country world, and this world would need large areas of public space for horses to ride around and so forth. Horses are definitely possible in TS4.

A vetinary career would also be amazing and something that the Sims franchice has not yet seen.
  • Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I want them to expand on what animals are available as pets.
    Like the person above that said they'd like to have a raccoon as a pet, I'd love a fox.

Since we won't be able to roam around on horses, I hope they flesh out training and racing and such so that it doesn't feel like anything has been taken away from us in that regard.
  • Options
    EgomouseEgomouse Posts: 69 Member
    I want more things for small animals (specifically rodents).
    I want to be able to buy certain parts for the mouse cage (like wheel, water bottle, bedding, and food bowl) just for some customization. Maybe add different types of cage types like the aquarium looking cage or a plastic one that looks very colorful.
    5ef0f75e6e7cffe732b022bfc89652fd.jpg
    Pet rats are trainable pets so I think we should be able to have rats run around the house (similar to cats and dogs and horses in Sims 3). I would love to be able to control a rat xD
    Accessories can include hamster balls, rat mazes, ropes for climbing (mice and rats are very flexible), ladders, rodent houses, etc.
    For rat needs, just the usual hygiene, bathroom, social, destruction / teeth (buying objects made for rodents to bite on), etc.
    Be able to train rats to do certain small tasks.

Traits: Bitey (more likely to bite pet owner), hyperactive (will climb things more, go on wheel more, jump out of the cage more, etc.), clean (mice and rats clean themselves a lot, so this trait the mouse and rat will be more likely to move bedding around, clean other mice and rats more often, cage will get dirty less often, and will always strive to keep their hygiene up), fearful (tends to run away from owner, tends to hide more), etc.
  • Options
    FreyannFreyann Posts: 66 Member
    edited December 2016
    • Would love to see a wide range of animals (Dogs, cats, horses, tortoise, Rabbits, Birds, ect
    • would love a vets career, pet groomer business maybe?
    • Animal lover added as a trait. Maybe add an Aspiration based off interacting and owning pets.
    • Horse stable community lot. With rentable horses for all sims to use and other horses that are owned by a sim of your choice.
    • Would love to see pet shows. where your animals are tested on how they look and act.
    • Pet training like in other games but with stranger and funny tricks.
    )

Items would include the normal things like dog and cat beds, scratch posts. but also maybe pet agility courses, for your garden to train your dog. An outdoor fish pond with a bridge (for coy) little things like that

OMG AND PIGGGGGSSSS
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    @freyann
    I would FREAK for outdoor fishing ponds!! :scream: Especially for ones with bridges over it!!
    We could get an option to stock it with koi like we can buy goldfish directly from a fish bowl, or we could stock it directly from our inventory!! :smiley:
    *plans to fill ponds with treefish and sharks*