Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

OMG OMG OMG real roof windows!!!!

Comments

• Options
    06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    I wanted to do it with my current build but I was worried that they might try to go to the dance floor and keep getting a no rooting issue or something
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Cant. stop. building. omg... the lighting! LOOK AT IT!!! :love:
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Cool skylights.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Wow. That's light from the dance floor over the TV area:

lighting.png

Wow. Just changing the light makes everything look more realistic, but it doesn't compromise the art style at all.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I have a really nice old house right now for my Sims and the lightning looks great when it filters into the living room/kitchen/bedrooms, but I'm tempted to move them to a modern home just so I can have windows on the roof.. lol.
  • Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    It does work on basements:

basement-lighting-ground.png

basement-lighting.png

Weird didn't work for me,chase to go back and test.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member

lighting.png

I don't think this lighting improvement should have been added to the game I don't like when you get glare on your tv in real life so it shouldn't be in the game It doesn't matter if its optional i don't like it so it shouldn't be in the game i don't care what you say its my opinion so there
  • Options
    @Ultra your opinion is just as valid as anyones. It's always tricky dealing with changes to this game that aren't optional. Maybe using different windows on your builds will reduce the lightings effects to a point where you are happy.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    UltraUltra Posts: 826 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @Ultra your opinion is just as valid as anyones. It's always tricky dealing with changes to this game that aren't optional. Maybe using different windows on your builds will reduce the lightings effects to a point where you are happy.

🐸🐸🐸🐸 I really thought I had mastered this being sarcastic on the internet thing :D
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    NZsimm3r wrote: »

🐸🐸🐸🐸 I really thought I had mastered this being sarcastic on the internet thing :D

:) oh well... didn't want to pull you down if you were already there!

• Options
    blewis823blewis823 Posts: 9,046 Member
    Now I'm excited. I build my basements to have windows on an exposed wall so this will look very nice. Got to update my game.
    Nothing to see. I don't even care about the forums.
  • Options
    PiperbirdPiperbird Posts: 4,161 Member
    I've not seen those 'windows' before! Are they base game? They're lovely!
    Visit me in the gallery! CC-free builds under origin name Piperbird!
    06-01-15_5-18nbspPM_zps8s8jcirw.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Ultra wrote: »

lighting.png

I don't think this lighting improvement should have been added to the game I don't like when you get glare on your tv in real life so it shouldn't be in the game It doesn't matter if its optional i don't like it so it shouldn't be in the game i don't care what you say its my opinion so there

I saw you are being sarcastic, but this actually gives curtains a purpose other than for décor. It's not like sims need them for privacy reasons.
  • Options
    JellyEyesJellyEyes Posts: 354 Member
    This sounds pretty cool!
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Piperbird wrote: »
    I've not seen those 'windows' before! Are they base game? They're lovely!

They look like the dance floors that come with Get Together. I don't know why some people here are saying that they're in the activities section. not too sure if they're referring to the same one.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Everyone, these are the dance floors that came with Get Together. I know. I use them a lot in my modern home builds.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Everyone, these are the dance floors that came with Get Together. I know. I use them a lot in my modern home builds.

I think they just made ones that are not dance floors but just 'decorations' for people without GT...? I don't know. Can someone check? Haha.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I know people have been using dancefloors as skylights since before the patch - did the patch change something? are they officially windows as well now? I don't get it.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    I don't get it either. :D
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Ravager619 wrote: »

I think they just made ones that are not dance floors but just 'decorations' for people without GT...? I don't know. Can someone check? Haha.

They're still just the dance floors included in GT. There weren't any versions in decorations or the windows areas of build/buy mode:
    VbkxzWe.jpg

And @BabySquare I believe the new lighting shines through them now. I think before natural lighting came from the sides but now perhaps they account for lighting from above as well. Or they may have changed something about the item itself, but you could already see through them before so it's doubtful.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    That's very useful to know @TheGoodOldGamer , thank you. :)
  • Options
    Ah okay, thanks for the confirmation. So they're not added to the base game. Cool.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I've just had a thought! (and now my head REALLY HURTS!): you could use the dancefloors to make an entirely glass ceiling on a greenhouse!
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    I've just had a thought! (and now my head REALLY HURTS!): you could use the dancefloors to make an entirely glass ceiling on a greenhouse!

Been there, done that! It's in my pic above, though I'm not showing the second level so you can't see it, lol.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    ...Or a conservatory!