Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I MISS MY SIMS 3 🐸🐸🐸🐸 SOLVED HOLY MOSES

RikizziaRikizzia Posts: 648 Member
okay so lets jump straight to the problem

why isnt there a sims 3 collectors pack on origins? I got a new fancy pc, which has no cd room, so everything has to be digital. (I blame windows 10 🐸🐸🐸🐸 you all) But i refuse to buy every expansion pack on origins because then i will be poor aftwerwards and will no longer be able to buy food anymore,

so please just make the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 collectors edition already
YqMyRUI.png
Post edited by Rikizzia on

Comments

• Options
    wonder if i will attract any wild gurus
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    edited May 2016
    Tag them.
    But, why did you buy a laptop without cd-room at first? That's just stupid.
    By the way, the whole packet would cost money too.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    All pcs are like that noww, again blaming windows 10, microsoft wants everything to be so fancy and DIGITAL well screw them all im poor now thanks to them
    oh hey you can say screw
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    yea i know but its less thanbuying each ep at 34 dollars i imagine
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    I bought my laptop last december and it has a cd-room. You should have looked better.
    And there are still other reasons for pc companies to make computers with a cd room.
  • Options
    i guwss its too late for the "i told you so " talk hahah i just need a collectors edition man
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    hahaha fine sorry, teenage girl.

really?, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 i always thought it was spelled "guwss"
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    R3B3CKVHR3B3CKVH Posts: 473 Member
    @Rikizzia I was bummed when I found out my new PC was CD-rom free... :neutral: But the disks I bought (most of them bundled from Walmart), had redeem codes in the boxes, and that is how I recovered all of my games. SO, whether you buy the disks or use Origin, you can still do it digitally.
    Split Reflections: A Sim Story by R3B3CKVH
    www.splitreflections.wordpress.com
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    tumblr_lz7l7oGCyn1qevqqyo1_500.gif

• Options
    edited May 2016
    @GITTE2001 She is right. They have stopped manufacturing laptops with CD-rom. I was bummed about that... All of the new laptops are like that, and touch screen. I almost walked out of Best Buy when I found that out.
    Post edited by R3B3CKVH on
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited May 2016
    Apple is doing this with their products. I saw an Apple computer with no CD rom and was like..... Why would someone buy this. It will happen soon digital is going to be the way to go. As for your Sims game, I was under the impression that you could download origins and your games could be tied to that even from the disk.

I wouldn't call myself knowledgeable on the matter, but with 1.69 people were getting all bent out of shape over having to run the game through origins. Maybe someone will come along who knows more about it, cause I thought you could link them to your origins account.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    If you register your game disks then you can also download copies of the ones you registered from Origin.

When I installed the game on my laptop I used disks but was missing one for a SP so I downloaded that one from Origin. Sorry I did that now, I'm going to have to make sure it's offline when I use it again (normally I use my desktop and I uninstalled Origin from it) so I can reinstall from disks.

So if you have your disks with the registration codes, you should be able to register them with origin (I guess you do it through Origin - when I registered mine it was on the old TS3 site so things have changed a bit).
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    I've just searched on simple online shops in my country and they aren't touchscreen and there is a cd-room.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    well there isnt much i can do about that though, mine already doesnt have a cd-room + my cds are gone

im really just wondering if anyone knows if EA will ever release a sims3 collectors edition or whatever, like the one for sims 2. That one was called sims 2 ultimate collection.
    YqMyRUI.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    If they do, I doubt it would be free right now, so you'd still have to buy it. And a collectors edition, where the starter pack and EP's are $20 right now... that wouldn't be cheap. But I seriously don't see a collectors edition on Sims 3 anytime soon. It's still making decent money right now.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Did you not register your games to your EA account? They might still be there. They might come out with a complete collection, but I haven't seen one yet. I'd wait til black Friday again and you can get your games super cheap on EBay is what I did.

@GITTE2001 It's okay really. Can you find a laptop with a cd rom? Yes. Are the NEWER models coming out omitting CD roms? Yes. Is digital content going to take over the world? Yes. It will be okay. The fact is many NEWER computers are being made without CD roms. Its okay. Its the new "thing" now. I personally, would go this route as well, but by choice, because I don't use CD roms. I saw one laptop that was nothing more than a larger tablet with a keyboard. Its okay.
  • Options
    It took them 10 years to come out with a TS2 Ultimate Collection. If they follow the same pattern that would make it 2019 before it would be available. I think your best bet would be to find combo packs when they're on sale. I think Origin is having a sale through tomorrow - if you put Origin30 in the coupon area you get 30% off games. Not sure if this included TS3 or not though.

With TS3 being such a huge game, I kind of doubt they will ever come out with a complete edition myself. Not unless they have some ulterior motive. :p But who knows.

• Options
    @HappySimmer3 To get everyone on origins with patch 1.69. Victory to them.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited May 2016
    It took them 10 years to come out with a TS2 Ultimate Collection. If they follow the same pattern that would make it 2019 before it would be available. I think your best bet would be to find combo packs when they're on sale. I think Origin is having a sale through tomorrow - if you put Origin30 in the coupon area you get 30% off games. Not sure if this included TS3 or not though.

With TS3 being such a huge game, I kind of doubt they will ever come out with a complete edition myself. Not unless they have some ulterior motive. :p But who knows.

The sale is already on and it does work with Sims 3. I know the Origin30 sale that they were advertising for ALL sims games (that's how they advertised it)does ends May 31st. I tested it for another simmer, and you can get the starter pack, EP's and SP's with Origin30. And it stacks (you can get more than one and they take 30% off each one). :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    I've just searched on simple online shops in my country and they aren't touchscreen and there is a cd-room.
    @GITTE2001 Not everyone lives in your country though. Here in the US, to buy a brand new laptop that's not the cheapest model on the market, with no memory and basically pooh, you have to buy a touchscreen without a CD-rom. I always used mine for producing/recording music and making CDs so I am not sure how I am going to do that now. Guess they make some gizmo for that, something else to buy, or I will have to get an external.

@Minx "It's Okay" LOL!!!! :smiley:

Post edited by R3B3CKVH on
    Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    SimulanceSimulance Posts: 313 Member
    That's really awful that it's so hard to get a laptop with a CD drive in the US, I feel for you guys. I'm in the UK and my dad got a reasonably priced mid range laptop just this month and it had a CD drive, all the models we were looking at did. I have a new gaming PC and new-ish gaming laptop which have them too. :neutral:
  • Options
    @Minx you just might be right!

@ChelleJo that's good to know for those who still need to complete their games or want to try TS3.

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    @GITTE2001 She is right. They have stopped manufacturing laptops with CD-Ram. I was bummed about that... All of the new laptops are like that, and touch screen. I almost walked out of Best Buy when I found that out.

Wait, WHAT?! So you're telling me the HP laptop I got last December that has a CD RW drive... doesn't have a CD drive? That's funny, because I was watching a dvd just the other day on my laptop. Yes, a dvd. As in I put the disk in the system and started the movie up.

By the way, it's CD-Rom, not CD-Ram. Slight difference in spelling, but it makes a huge difference. Nobody made a cd ram drive, ever.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    R3B3CKVH wrote: »
    @GITTE2001 She is right. They have stopped manufacturing laptops with CD-Ram. I was bummed about that... All of the new laptops are like that, and touch screen. I almost walked out of Best Buy when I found that out.

Wait, WHAT?! So you're telling me the HP laptop I got last December that has a CD RW drive... doesn't have a CD drive? That's funny, because I was watching a dvd just the other day on my laptop. Yes, a dvd. As in I put the disk in the system and started the movie up.

By the way, it's CD-Rom, not CD-Ram. Slight difference in spelling, but it makes a huge difference. Nobody made a cd ram drive, ever.

@Faerie197 No, I wasn't talking about your computer that you bought last year, I was talking about the computers that are currently on the store shelf, at major retailers right now. I am also saying that all the HPs I looked at, in store, May of this year were all without CD-ROM and there was only one laptop some obscure brand, that had a CD-rom and wasn't a touchscreen: It was basically pooh. My iPhone holds more memory than that thing did. 5 months makes a lot of difference in the world of technology. Last years models, vs this years models.

Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Weird, cause the model I bought is still for sale. Maybe it's a regional thing?
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Weird, cause the model I bought is still for sale. Maybe it's a regional thing?

@Faerie197 I don't know, but I went to 3 different retailers here, and if I wanted brand new with warranty, I had to by the touchscreen without the CD-rom. In fact when I got home and realized I didn't have one, I went back to the store to exchange it, but literally none of the HP, Dell, Asus, or Toshiba brands had CD-rom. The sales guy said the manufactures were phasing out the CD/DVD drives. I'm in Texas, but even when I was window shopping online, all the laptops were touchscreen. :disappointed: I wish I still had a CD-rom, but I still prefer my new HP Envy to my old Toshiba Satellite. Being in Texas.. that might make a difference. I dunno. Haven't been shopping out of state recently. :wink:

Be Sure to Subscribe
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson