Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Art Commune Reading Circle

Comments

• Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Lizzie decides to take a chance with surprising results...
    11-13-17_4-52-56c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Entry No. 11 How to Improve Your Luck (Livin' A Simmin' Life chapter update)
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    11-13-17_5-00-56c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie meets Joseph through a delightful misunderstanding

Entry No. 12 How to Recover from Embarrassment

@CathyTea... I did think your Grim Reaper guess was awesome!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hi guys! I've taken too long with this again, but it's a longer chapter this time, at least.

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 24
    2HrKYBP.jpg

Mila's operation to get Johnny out of their lives starts. Taimi tries on her disguise. And many kinds of dances are danced.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely time!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @AdamsEve1231 I have been LOVING Lizzie's story! @friendsfan367 I think you'll love it! It's funny, not scary, and you'll recognize lots of the Sims in it.

@RipuAncestor I was so happy to see Mila and Taimi today! Mila was so funny with her sneaky plan! And Taimi looks.... just like herself! :)

I'm getting ready to start a new Bonus Short called CareTake. It's about an older woman who realizes she can't care for herself anymore, so she gets a college student to live with her and help out. I made the older woman, got her dog and cat from CAS (just choosing an Australian shepherd and Abyssinian that I liked), and found the student (plus a bonus surprise) in the "Currently Not in World" Townies. Super cute and surprising!

Here's the preview banner, and I hope to have the first chapter posted sometime today! :)

caretakebnr.png
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231 I have been LOVING Lizzie's story! @friendsfan367 I think you'll love it! It's funny, not scary, and you'll recognize lots of the Sims in it.

@RipuAncestor I was so happy to see Mila and Taimi today! Mila was so funny with her sneaky plan! And Taimi looks.... just like herself! :)

I'm getting ready to start a new Bonus Short called CareTake. It's about an older woman who realizes she can't care for herself anymore, so she gets a college student to live with her and help out. I made the older woman, got her dog and cat from CAS (just choosing an Australian shepherd and Abyssinian that I liked), and found the student (plus a bonus surprise) in the "Currently Not in World" Townies. Super cute and surprising!

Here's the preview banner, and I hope to have the first chapter posted sometime today! :)

caretakebnr.png

is lizzie the redhead in the screenshot above?

try and answer without laughing i still don't know what munters character looks like.
  • Options
    @friendsfan367 Lizzie is my Simself, and yes, she's the redhead.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited February 2018

@CathyTea Thank you.

I am having so much fun writing and exploring TS4. I wasn't so sure I'd be into it, or like it as much as TS3. Now that I've done more with it, I find I enjoy it more and more, although I think, TS3 will always be my favorite. I am amazed at what my Simself does. She is way bolder than I would be. Haha. And she's smart. All the Sims in my Simself story are. Just today I had an idea in mind for the final chapter of the first section, and then I went into game and that idea was blown to shreds. Haha. It was incredible how everything came together without my intervention or direction, and made for a much more interesting (and way less forced ending), and the best part is, it was added Sims from other Simmers like you that made this surprising ending possible. It's hard to explain more without giving things away, but I guess I can talk about it more when you all catch up to the writing in about 2 1/2 weeks. :)

caretakebnr.png

Wow... I am constantly amazed at your seemingly endless ideas. I'm one to talk... haha. I have so many stories of my own I'm working on gradually. However, I <3<3<3 this concept and I'll definitely take a look at it, and add your newest story to my reading list.

Edit: Did you know my masters' thesis was partially on self-care? For nonprofit professionals to take care of themselves in order to do the work they are doing, and for nonprofit organizations and businesses to take care of their employees and promote self-care in order to prevent burnout and make for healthier work-spaces?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    @friendsfan367 Lizzie is my Simself, and yes, she's the redhead.

i don't think i saw her before tonight.

the last part was for cathtea in case she was lurking. :) a week ago we were dicussing a character of munters but the pic of the character he posted and the one that was being talked about were totally differnt. so cathea laughedat me so its a week later and i'm still confused. :)
  • Options

Edit: Did you know my masters' thesis was partially on self-care? For nonprofit professionals to take care of themselves in order to do the work they are doing, and for nonprofit organizations and businesses to take care of their employees and promote self-care in order to prevent burnout and make for healthier work-spaces?

Oh, this is so fantastic! I'll love to hear what you say about it!

My career's been in 🐸🐸🐸🐸 education, and it makes such a difference when our directors value self-care and allow staff to practice it. Our current interim director is really good in this area, and it's let us create a very nurturing, relaxed work environment. Most of our team are very sensitive, and very empathic, so a healthy work environment allows us to thrive and do so much better work. It's really lovely.

We've had toxic directors before, and then, I always feel like a rebel when I practice self-care!

(I don't mind being a rebel, though, so it's OK--just takes a lot of extra energy to maintain the boundaries when the toxic supervisors always try to encroach!)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231 Lizzie, I'm really glad that you're enjoying TS4! I love it, too! I can't even really compare TS3 and TS4 because they're so different--I just see them as different games!

And, yes! I feel that the game and the Sims in TS4 are SO smart! The AI continuously amazes me! It definitely takes a specific play style to be able to maximize that aspect of the game, but from hearing you describe your experiences and from reading your story, it seems like you've got that style.

I had a really, really fun experience playing the Lighthouse save tonight! :) Cannot wait to be able to integrate all of that into the story!

We've got so much planned for our Alien Adoption Collab! :)

• Options
    edited February 2018
    @AdamsEve1231 I'm glad you're enjoying TS4! I think it does suit your writing style really well. Though TS3 suits it too of course.

@CathyTea Thank you! I'm so excited about the Alien Adoption collab too! I like how it's activating again after a short, quieter time. It all feels very natural and easy.
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    Hi guys! Surprise! I have a quick update this time! This chapter pretty much wrote itself, so... here you go:

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 25
    XGEoBJx.jpg

More people show their true colours...

I hope you enjoy!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Hi guys! Surprise! I have a quick update this time! This chapter pretty much wrote itself, so... here you go:

XGEoBJx.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

@RipuAncestor is that Summer Holiday? It looks like her. She makes an appearance in my Simself story.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

XGEoBJx.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

@RipuAncestor is that Summer Holiday? It looks like her. She makes an appearance in my Simself story.

It IS Summer! She plays a delightful (delightfully devious) role in our Alien Adoption Collab! :)

• Options

XGEoBJx.jpg

I hope you enjoy!

It IS Summer! She plays a delightful (delightfully devious) role in our Alien Adoption Collab! :)

@CathyTea Summer makes an appearance in my Simself story... and she... well, let's just say she has an interesting and surprising connection to other Sims in game.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    11-13-17_5-57-01c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie goes for an early morning jog and breakfast with Joseph.
    Entry No. 13 How to Go Jogging... with a Guy

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    11-13-17_6-08-39c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie makes some Simoleons watching some of the neighborhood kids.
    Entry No. 14 How to Make Some Moulah!

11-13-17_6-54-20c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie enjoys an evening with Teresa and Brooklyn, and a surprise guest who joins them at Pizza Planet.
    Entry No. 15 How to Have a Great Evening

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Another LASL update... @CathyTea I'm loving your comments. :)

Another LASL chapter update from me... :)

11-13-17_7-22-49c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Joseph follows Lizzie home and meets her family... with interesting results...
    Entry No. 16 How Not to Meet the Family

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Time for another LASL update...

11-13-17_10-41-35c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie and Joseph head to Newcrest for the evening... with mixed results.
    Entry No. 17 How to Interpret Mixed Signals

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy Friday (or if it's not Friday when you're reading this, whatever day it is, I hope it's happy! :) )

Another LASL update... this one with the collaborative efforts of @CathyTea.

11-14-17_11-03-27c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Lizzie, determined to enjoy her evening, phones a friend after a strange date.
    Entry No. 18 How to Recover from a Disastrous Evening

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Happy Time Zones, Art Commune peeps! I'm dropping off another LASL update. This one features Rob Buckley.

11-14-17_11-14-43c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    After staying in Newcrest, Lizzie meets up with Rob.
    Entry No. 19 How to Enjoy a Chance Encounter

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Hello! I finally got the next chapter to Forget-Me-Not done!

Chapter 20: Frozen
    6iS5q4N.jpg

A world loses and Sonny finds something important.

I hope you enjoy and have a lovely weekend!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    Hey everyone, dropping off another LASL update. I'm reading @RipuAncestor's post above and thinking... sheesh! I got to get caught up on Forget-Me-Not, and then I remember, this is my 20th chapter also. Haha. :#

11-16-17_3-36-03c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576
    Entry No. 20 How to Make Do With What You Have
    featuring Sim townies that I didn't delete... because my original plan was to fill the towns with other people's Sims and my Sim creations, but then I'm glad I didn't because we get chapters like this one above. ^

I finished the final edits on chapter 30 for LASL today and I must say - what a ride! I'm super excited to reveal these chapters to everyone so I'm still on a once-a-day posting schedule. Thank goodness I got caught up. Hee...hee... anyhoo, I was surprised by the ending as it was totally game-driven, and I was floored. It was incredible, and what a fun journey to write about these Sims. Happy Time Zones, Art Commune peeps!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest