Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Triplets/Multiple Babies - Tips?!?!

So today my Sims had triplets - 2 girls and 1 boy!! While I'm excited about this, I also don't know how I'm going to keep the parents from going crazy (dad works and mom stays at home) and the babies happy. Any help/suggestions? I'll try to get pics on here, too.

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    Play mats, play pen, and swings are a multiple parent's best friends. :) Good luck and congrats! :)
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited May 2016
    The best thing I can suggest would be one of two things. Number one, move in a couple of friends, or relatives, to help out, while they are in the baby and toddler stage. Or Number two, if you have Into The Future, get a plumbot, and make sure it has the RoboNanny Trait Chip.
  • Options
    ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I age them up immediately with birthday cakes. It takes a while but it works.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    If you can afford a butler, that may help. My Sim, Ciara is a single mother of one toddler. She was going to school via a home world university. I had her mom move in to help her. Before that, she had a roommate and they would help sometimes, but the rm went to work while Ciara was at school, so she had to call a babysitter. Your new mommy will definitely need support. It will be challenging, but I like that kind of stuff in TS3.
  • Options
    HollyL73HollyL73 Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited May 2016
    I don't have Into the Future, so robots won't work for me. The parents are 2 sims that I created, so they don't have any family that can help them out. They do have friends, but I don't know if I really want to move them in to help out. I've heard awful things about butlers and babysitters and maids, things like they don't do what they're supposed to and they just stand around or steal things. Can I hire a babysitter even if the mom is at home? I would be willing to do something like that, so long as the mom was home to keep an eye on things.

I did think about buying the birthday cakes and aging them up to toddlers right away. But that would be cheating and since this is the first time I've had triplets, I want to try and tough it out as much as possible and go for the challenge. But I do know that I will need to get some help for the mom. So what is the best to do - butler, maid or babysitter?

ETA: I do have the swings and the playpen and the walkers from the store, where do I get playmats from? Are they a store item and I just don't know about it? Or do they come with a certain EP?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    If you're not using any cheats, then simply move an additional Sim into the household temporarily. They can be a nanny or governess to the infants. And then when you don't need her/him, simply move them out.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    HSmith2016 wrote: »
    I don't have Into the Future, so robots won't work for me. The parents are 2 sims that I created, so they don't have any family that can help them out. They do have friends, but I don't know if I really want to move them in to help out. I've heard awful things about butlers and babysitters and maids, things like they don't do what they're supposed to and they just stand around or steal things. Can I hire a babysitter even if the mom is at home? I would be willing to do something like that, so long as the mom was home to keep an eye on things.

I did think about buying the birthday cakes and aging them up to toddlers right away. But that would be cheating and since this is the first time I've had triplets, I want to try and tough it out as much as possible and go for the challenge. But I do know that I will need to get some help for the mom. So what is the best to do - butler, maid or babysitter?

ETA: I do have the swings and the playpen and the walkers from the store, where do I get playmats from? Are they a store item and I just don't know about it? Or do they come with a certain EP?

LOL @ the butlers/babysitters/maids stealing things. I've heard that too, but it's never happened. Usually my workers do work. I've had one babysitter who kept putting my toddler in the playpen even though she was starving, but that happened once. The other days, she took care of them. Sometimes they do stand around for a while, but usually they'll change and feed the kid. My butlers clean up and do tasks if I ask. I haven't had a butler in the house with a toddler or child in years, so I forget if they were any good with them. My maids are okay, even though they may not clean everything. You can hire a babysitter while the mom is there. When my Sim, Martina had a daycare, she would call the babysitter to help out with all those toddlers. LOL

I have the playmat, but it's annoying because Sims are always taking the baby out and putting them back in. The playmat is from the store. Came w/ the toymaker. But you can get one on ATS http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_nursery_06.shtml

• Options
    You can call babysitters while at home, and they'll stick around for a good little while. Under service on cell. :)

Yes, the playmat is from the toy factory/maker thing. I downloaded some cc playmat basket. It keeps all but social raised (the store one does, too).

If you hire a babysitter, they will plop the kid in playpens, swings, and playmats instead of taking care of them first. But, once your kids get to toddlers that playpen is great cause two toddlers can play together and raise all needs. Use slow on swing, otherwise babies and toddlers can get sick.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    marstinsonmarstinson Posts: 367 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    LOL @ the butlers/babysitters/maids stealing things. I've heard that too, but it's never happened. Usually my workers do work. I've had one babysitter who kept putting my toddler in the playpen even though she was starving, but that happened once. The other days, she took care of them. Sometimes they do stand around for a while, but usually they'll change and feed the kid. My butlers clean up and do tasks if I ask. I haven't had a butler in the house with a toddler or child in years, so I forget if they were any good with them. My maids are okay, even though they may not clean everything. You can hire a babysitter while the mom is there. When my Sim, Martina had a daycare, she would call the babysitter to help out with all those toddlers. LOL

I have the playmat, but it's annoying because Sims are always taking the baby out and putting them back in. The playmat is from the store. Came w/ the toymaker. But you can get one on ATS http://aroundthesims3.com/objects/room_nursery_06.shtml

I will likely get raked over the coals for pointing this out to someone who wants to use a butler as a live-in babysitter (this is not what they actually do and would quit if required to do it IRL), but butlers come with a fairly standard set of traits: Neat and Family-Oriented are almost universal. I've never had a butler that didn't have those two. They also seem to come with Handy and Natural Cook (with Level 10 in both Handiness and Cooking skills). Brave also seems to be very common, but this may be the one that adds some variation to the mix.

They cost $1200 per week and require their own bed. Sticking them somewhere near where the Infants/Toddlers sleep is helpful from a logistical standpoint. When one of the children require feeding/changing/socializing, the Butler usually gets there before I can. Butlers can and frequently do get hinky, so you'll want to remove the bar (if you have one), move all of the childrens books into personal inventory or they'll pull them out of the bookcases and leave them all over the house, and putting bookcases into family inventory might not be a bad idea, either, since they have a tendency to spend a lot of time reading. If you have Seasons installed, they'll also spend a lot of time raking leaves in the Fall (Neat has its downsides). They can occasionally get stuck doing something and need to be reset or dismissed and rehired.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I tried that with my last multiple birth, my couple had 4 babies. :# Any ways, I first hired a baby sitter, and they just complained, and then second I hired a butler. He helped a little, but only just a little bit of the time.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    marstinson wrote: »
    lasummerb wrote: »

I will likely get raked over the coals for pointing this out to someone who wants to use a butler as a live-in babysitter (this is not what they actually do and would quit if required to do it IRL), but butlers come with a fairly standard set of traits: Neat and Family-Oriented are almost universal. I've never had a butler that didn't have those two. They also seem to come with Handy and Natural Cook (with Level 10 in both Handiness and Cooking skills). Brave also seems to be very common, but this may be the one that adds some variation to the mix.

They cost $1200 per week and require their own bed. Sticking them somewhere near where the Infants/Toddlers sleep is helpful from a logistical standpoint. When one of the children require feeding/changing/socializing, the Butler usually gets there before I can. Butlers can and frequently do get hinky, so you'll want to remove the bar (if you have one), move all of the childrens books into personal inventory or they'll pull them out of the bookcases and leave them all over the house, and putting bookcases into family inventory might not be a bad idea, either, since they have a tendency to spend a lot of time reading. If you have Seasons installed, they'll also spend a lot of time raking leaves in the Fall (Neat has its downsides). They can occasionally get stuck doing something and need to be reset or dismissed and rehired.

Thanks for the info. I usually don't play with butlers in my home, but I have had a few over the years. The two butlers I have now are in my rich Sims household. Two parents and one teen in each house. I have noticed they like to rake leaves. I deleted the trees because the leaves spawned like 15 squirrels on my property and the butler would rake the leaves until the wee hours of the morning. In my other Sims' house, she keeps reading. I guess it's okay because she has done her chores, but I wish the butler would retire to their room only when there is no housework to do.

The butler kinda grabs a book and will sit anywhere and read
    Screenshot-132-vert_zpsa3w16vtz.png

When my Sims are raising their families from infancy, I don't really want the extra help from a live-in, even with my rich Sims. But I don't mind them now that some of my Sims are pretty much done raising their families.
  • Options
    [img][/img]sglmyp.jpg

As promised, a pic of the triplets! Welcome Jasper, Lily and Rose! <3 Lily was born first, then Rose, then Jasper. They really are awfully cute. I hired a babysitter to help out. When she arrived, I quickly put her into CAS to see what her traits were. Took out slob and flirty (really?!? who wants a babysitter that flirts with the mom/dad and is also a slob?) and replaced them with childish and nurturing. I heard that the childish trait often helps with the little ones. The other traits I left, they were good ones. She really was a huge help. Next up - birthdays! And then TODDLERS!!! :D:tired_face:
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Don't know about Flirty, but I would think that a child who is a Slob would bond with a similar babysitter faster. No evidence to back that up, of course, just thought it sounded good. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Lol @igazor. No thanks, no slobs in my home! ;)

So I played this morning for about 2 hours, everything was going so well and then my computer shut down!! :rage: All that work and of course I hadn't saved. So I had to go back into the game and redo everything over again. *sigh* But it all turned out ok and now all 3 babies are toddlers! Pictures later, have to run.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Lily - Easily Impressed, Heavy Sleeper:
    257pxs9.jpg

Rose - Absent Minded, Virtuoso:
    2ue5fdu.jpg

Jasper - Athletic, Clumsy:
    24fjt6f.jpg
  • Options
    I don't know why I feel like sharing this, but Rose and Jasper are remarkably like my real life twin niece and nephew, Lily like their older sister. Even down to the traits. Of course, they are all teens now so it's really difficult to get them to pose in high chairs. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Hahaha... Awww, that stinks @igazor! It would be such a cute picture of your nieces and nephew. ;)

I got to pick their traits for them when they were born, since the mom had such a good pregnancy. I tried to mix it up a bit, play with a few things I've never tried before. I thought that it was kind of funny to give Jasper both athletic and clumsy, that should be an interesting mix! :)

So far, everything is going ok. But the problem is that with all three on such a different schedule, I can't seem to find any time to train them to walk, talk or go on the potty. The poor dad comes home from work tired and doesn't have any time to spend with them. The mom is running around trying to keep them all fed and change their diapers, plus she rolled a want to be pregnant AGAIN!!! so I went and had them woohoo in the shower and guess what?!? She's pregnant again! So now I have 3 toddlers who haven't learned what they need to learn and a pregnant mom. The babysitter helps a bit, but she likes to put one of the kids in the playpen and then grab another one to put it in the playpen, but for some reason she can't so she just holds the kid and yells about something being in the way. Ugh... I don't know why! If she was able to put one in, why can't she put another one in, also? Isn't that something you can do?

I just feel like there's no time to get everything done. I think I'm more frazzled trying to do it all then the actual Sims! :D:D
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Lol @igazor. No thanks, no slobs in my home! ;)

So I played this morning for about 2 hours, everything was going so well and then my computer shut down!! :rage: All that work and of course I hadn't saved. So I had to go back into the game and redo everything over again. *sigh* But it all turned out ok and now all 3 babies are toddlers! Pictures later, have to run.

Lol. I have a Sim who is a slob. Adonis l*icks his siblings plates if they're left on the table. His clothes always end up on the floor, not the laundry basket, he gobbles his food, and he leaves a puddle on the floor when taking a shower.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Lily - Easily Impressed, Heavy Sleeper:
    257pxs9.jpg

Rose - Absent Minded, Virtuoso:
    2ue5fdu.jpg

Jasper - Athletic, Clumsy:
    24fjt6f.jpg

They're adorable! Poor Jasper, I feel if he goes into football he won't be too good, being that he has the clumsy trait. Don't let him be a quarterback, he might drop the ball. :p
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    As for the playpen, make sure it's got plenty of room all the way around it. They don't put the 2nd in the playpen in the same place they put the first. It's the opposite side.

Have the toddlers learn to talk in the playpen, and if you have the Walker they can learn to walk with it.

If you're really pressed to potty train them, line one toddler up with 3 or 4 back to back potty sessions. They don't necessarily need to potty to train, they just need to be put on the potty.

Your triplets are cuties. I love the good/bad trait mix. Mom really is a glutton for punishment, huh? :D
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    @HSmith2016 - My sister didn't think athletic/clumsy was such a great combo. She spends half of her time taking that one to sports meets and the other half to the doctor to have his broken limbs mended.

I didn't really have much trouble raising my sim triplets even with both parents working, though one of them was on extended parental leave for a while there. But have to admit having their older siblings around helped out a lot. It was fun getting them (as babies) on a similar sleep cycle and having their older teen brother play the guitar for them while they were all in their cribs, not quite ready to fall asleep yet.

@lasummerb - What's even more interesting is a house full of slobs (not the same one as described above).
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @igazor a house full of slobs? Ewwh, I couldn't stand it! I already look at Adonis in disgust. :D

Adonis has four siblings, there's one other teen, Coi. I agree the teens are able to help the younger kids in my game. I have twin boys and the youngest child is a girl. They all like a bedtime story, bathe before bed, need dinner, breakfast, and lunch on the weekends. So it's like having triplets. The parents do the most, but the teens help too. Even though Adonis won't clean on his own, I make him.
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    It sounds like you need to try @TreyNutz's Toddler Challenge after this. :D>:)o:)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    TeaniasTeanias Posts: 2,160 Member
    edited May 2016
    They are so cute! If you have the old mill set you might want to put the tea set somewhere in your house. I was using it recently and learned it upped energy social and fun at the same time it might have done hunger to I am not sure! It would be a good way to keep your parents happy and energized! Also I found taking naps in a rocker upped my sims energy quicker than sleeping in a bed!
  • Options
    cocococo Posts: 2,726 Member
    Good luck with the triplets! My sims unexpectedly had twins recently and it's a welcome challenge for me because it's been literally years (like five generations ago) since I've had to control multiple births in the family I'm playing.