Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGuruDrake says Live Streams are coming soon and has more info about future content

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
I saw this tweeted so I thought I'd post this for the people who missed it. I can't find the link on the forums so it's easier to post as a thread.

Capture-2-1024x655.png

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    This is exciting news.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    This is exciting news.

Yes I agree. I"m looking foward to the Live Streams every week.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    More communication is always good news :) hopefully the news drought will end soon!
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake

Any chance you'll be doing some of the live streams yourself as well?
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    sweet looking forward to it
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimGuruDrake

Any chance you'll be doing some of the live streams yourself as well?
    Ooh cool suggestion. Yeah the live streams every week will be nice. It would be cool to watch her play.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    See, they are listening :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    What is the "continued news drought" suppose to mean? @SimGuruDrake
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Yes yes yes! More information is always welcome. I'm glad she took the time to write this, a lot of people keep thinking there's no news coming but they're working on it.

Can't wait for the weekly livestreams, I used to love those so much <3
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    What is the "continued news drought" suppose to mean? @SimGuruDrake
    It is something the Sims Community made I think. It's a fan site with some mod support. Zerbu is one of the active members there.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    OP, thank you for posting this. Every day I try to scan down the list of categories, but hardly anything every changes! So, again, thank you for this.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I wonder when the first live stream will be.
  • Options
    OP, thank you for posting this. Every day I try to scan down the list of categories, but hardly anything every changes! So, again, thank you for this.

Your welcome. I think they need to sticky this.
  • Options
    CrackFox wrote: »

I hope the first one is on GP3 and it's before it releases. They did an awesome one on Outdoor Retreat before it released. It was about an hour long too with lots of Gameplay.

This is what I'd like to see a GP 3 LB be like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQKvBX5g5tY
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Oo, exciting! If the liveplays weren't only about new content but about other stuff too, that could be fun. Maybe sometimes they could show us some of the little things that don't tend to get discovered by Simmers. Or we could watch them play their own saves - that'd be fun :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    I assume next quarter is in June after the childs stuffpack releases. Looking foward SGDrake to seeing what were getting for July and August in the next teaser. I'm hoping one of the things were getting has to do with Summer eg a pool stuffpack or water park pack.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I assume next quarter is in June after the childs stuffpack releases. Looking foward SGDrake to seeing what were getting for July and August in the next teaser. I'm hoping one of the things were getting has to do with Summer eg a pool stuffpack or water park pack.

Next quarter begins July 1. The fiscal quarters are January 1-March 31, April 1-June 30, July 1-September 30, October 1-December 31.

Summer stuff would be fun!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    CrackFox wrote: »

I hope the first one is on GP3 and it's before it releases. They did an awesome one on Outdoor Retreat before it released. It was about an hour long too with lots of Gameplay.

This is what I'd like to see a GP 3 LB be like.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQKvBX5g5tY

SGDrake

If yall do a Live Stream on GP 3 do it similar to how Outdoor Retreat was done were you show several restuarents and the new features that come with this pack. I'd like to see how the npc restuarents work with our sims ordering food from a waiter and if yall don't mind show some of the different restuarent types if any and the new neighborhood if were getting one. I"d like for this to be about an hour long. Maybe show off some new CAS assets as well.
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    This is exciting news.

The fact that they won't give us any news is exciting news? I'm not excited, I'm afraid! What will Live Streams even have if they can't tell us any news?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    @SimGuruDrake gave us an update and laid down the law at the same time. I like that. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Claret1011 wrote: »
    This is exciting news.

The fact that they won't give us any news is exciting news? I'm not excited, I'm afraid! What will Live Streams even have if they can't tell us any news?

It's just showing and playing the game...
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    This is exciting news.

Gameplay? Maybe gameplay that focuses on things that most Simmers don't do? Build and complex-feature tutorials? Human connection and a chance to give feedback or ask questions about what they're doing, while they do it? So far, for Sims 4, all the liveplays have focused on trying to show us everything that's in a new pack, condensed into an hour. There'd be some chance to show us a lot more complexity in what we already have if they didn't have to jump to the next thing every few minutes.

Plus one of the things I didn't know before the GT publicity was that there's a wide range of gameplay styles in the Sims studio - what with SimGuruRomeo being all family-focused and SimGuruAzure playing on the deviant side. @SimGuruDrake has posted about her Tudors Sims 4 game before. It might just be fun to see how they play.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited May 2016
    Very happy to see live streams return. However, it will most probably end up with questions like:

What's your favorite food?
    What's your favorite color?
    What you're doing in your free time?

etc, etc etc. (Just like the Forum Q&A's always were).

They aren't really able to tell us anything related to future content anyway, so I have to wait and see what this will be like.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • Options
    CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    I'd still watch live streams even if we didn't get any news in all of them.
  • Options
    This is exciting news.

That the weekly livestreams could happen is exciting. When I first join forums there was a bi-weekly thread to ask the Gurus questions. So nice that communication is being brought back.