Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

African Hair in Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I ll agree. We need more ethnic hairstyles but I'd also like to see long curly wavy hair. It would look great on female sims regardless of their color.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This isn't a ethnic hairstyle per say but it still looks great on black female sims. It s from the base game.
    01-31-17_5-05-14nbspPM.png
  • Options
    lovlyblovlyb Posts: 968 Member
    I'm natural and its the hair style they have in the game is not much of, some natural have kinky curly hair, like me. I would too would love to see some more diversity hair style also, I shouldn't have to always use cc, which has some awesome hairs by the way. But the game should also have some for men, women, child and toddlers.
  • Options
    Hairs I would love to see. <3

child or toddler
    [img][/img]k6.jpg
    [img][/img]k5.jpg
    [img][/img]k4.jpg
    [img][/img]k2.jpg
    [img][/img]k1.jpg

• Options
    As a white man I do not feel the need for this and think it would be a waste of dev time.
  • Options
    OR These

[img][/img]6.jpg
    [img][/img]8.jpg
    [img][/img]9.jpg
    [img][/img]5.jpg
  • Options
    More....

[img][/img]4.jpg
    [img][/img]7.jpg
    [img][/img]1.jpg
    [img][/img]2.jpg

Its only a dream of mines, but one can be hopeful for at least some to make it in the game.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    lovlyb wrote: »

child or toddler
    [img][/img]k6.jpg
    [img][/img]k5.jpg
    [img][/img]k4.jpg
    [img][/img]k2.jpg
    [img][/img]k1.jpg

Now that's what I'm talking about. I love it when people post pictures. I would love these and others you have listed above. It would help diversitize the sims. Also, piercings would be neat. I also would love curly hair and long hair both straight and curly. <3
  • Options
    brinadaniellebrinadanielle Posts: 96 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    lovlyb wrote: »

Now that's what I'm talking about. I love it when people post pictures. I would love these and others you have listed above. It would help diversitize the sims. Also, piercings would be neat. I also would love curly hair and long hair both straight and curly. <3

Yeessss...these are great examples. I'm still new trying to earn points so i can be able to post pic examples as well. Also, I cannot start a new thread until I am a member, but maybe one of you guys can start one. Do you have content in the gallery? Sometimes /i'm looking to diversify my sim world and it's hard to find good ethnic content...I think we need sort of a hub for everyone to drop gallery links etc ...
  • Options
    HeloNecroHeloNecro Posts: 97 Member
    I think this is a good idea!
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    As a white man I do not feel the need for this and think it would be a waste of dev time.

Why you think your opinion on this matter was wanted or needed is beyond me. This isn't about you and no one asked you. Bye.

Anyway, I agree with having more diversity with hair textures and black/African styles. :)
  • Options
    sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    ebonixsimblr on tumblr has tons of African male and female hair styles.
  • Options
    Bambii33000Bambii33000 Posts: 20 Member
    THIS WOULD ANSWER MY PRAYERS FOR THE SIMS. IVE LITERALLY BEEN WAITING FOR LIKE SIX YEARS FOR THEM TO MAKE MORE AFRICAN HAIRSTYLES. Honestly, I find it slightly offensive that the only hair styles are afro and dreadlocks or braids... I'm half black and half white and i have small curls a few inches past my shoulders and A LOT of volume. Idk if this is a plan for the future but it really should be. You sim people can literally make pretty much anything for the sims. I think a little mixed girl and black woman hair, with the help of google images and youtube videos, is well within your abilities. No joke tho, I've literally been waiting for about six or seven years for more than three african american, mixed women, hairstyles. We're all begging for it! Give the people what they want!
  • Options
    sophtastic wrote: »
    I think you make good points here :blush:

However, I also think they have them since they are typical black women hairstyles. I have a friend who always wears her hair in those space buns, and another that has braids - it's really up to which hairstyles you use. White women can have braids. Black women can have straight hair. While I think they should add more textured hair, I don't think you can call a certain hair black without being slightly stereotypical o:)

The phrase "typical black women hairstyle" isn't the best thing to hear to be honest. Yes, calling a certain hairstyly black is slightly sterertypical and that the point. We only have stereotypical hairstyles in the sims 4. And yes, white women can have braids and such but c'mon, be honest here, when you saw those hairstyles for the first time you probably initially thought, "So those are the black hairstyles for Sims 4" at least thats what i thought. All we're saying is that we have more than three hairstyles. Super duper long hair would be really cool. Like how their back type of hair
  • Options
    I always download cc for better hairstyles anyway

What do you mean you download cc for better hairstyles? What is that?
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited February 2017
    A lot of "white" people also can't recreate themselves in the game. They don't have my hair color. They don't have proper curls and only one or two pure straight options. Basically everything is a generic beach waves to try to cater to everyone. They don't have baby hair or even a good selection of bangs to select.

Can we not turn everything into the oppression Olympics and all agree that the sims 4 customization is terrible?

I'd like more hair for everyone too, but there's no need to say it's offensive.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    As offended as some seem to be at the mention of the lack of non-white hairstyles, the non-white hairstyles in this game are sorely lacking.
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    One of my biggest complaints for a long time has been lack of black hairstyles, specifically. Sims 4 has been better at this, but they definitely need to be putting out more. I remember sims 3 had the UGLIEST black braid hair and was sore that in the 70s80s90s pack there was no bouncy loose afro. I love those.

But i think kids in particular need more variety. Need more puff balls. Also @lovlyb. You had some greaaaat suggestions. Those are so cute ;0;

Obviously there is a serious need of more hairstyles, but non-white sim styles need it a lot more in terms of texture variety. I've managed to download quite a bit of good non-white cc but a lot of times its not maxis matched, you gotta jumo through 5 hoops of fire to download it, or the colors are off and any future kids end up inheriting the wrong colors.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited February 2017
    Yes, anything that Loudon Wainwright does not want is a waste of dev time.
    A lot of "white" people also can't recreate themselves in the game. They don't have my hair color. They don't have proper curls and only one or two pure straight options. Basically everything is a generic beach waves to try to cater to everyone. They don't have baby hair or even a good selection of bangs to select.

Can we not turn everything into the oppression Olympics and all agree that the sims 4 customization is terrible?

"A lot of 'white' people also can't recreate themselves in the game." Are you serious??? How can you even compare the two when white hairstyles have ALWAYS dominated the sims? You have more options than anyone.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I really want a hairstyle like this

33219337af124d8330c905bf1abda32e.jpg<3" alt="I had a friend who had this type of hair style and i just loved it <3" />
  • Options
    SimmeringBreeSimmeringBree Posts: 266 Member
    I would love to see some beautiful long African braids, it's such a shame I have to download my own maxis match braids.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2017
    It did used to bother me when I was younger that not only sims, but other video games didnt bother taking the time to make aa hairstyles (natural hair) that look nice and a variety, while there was a dozens of straight hairstyles. It felt unfair not to be represented in game while those of other ethnicities could properly.

But more recently I realized that its not only african americans that cant create themselves, its other races with ki.nky hair that cant as well, and its not because people dont care for aa, but more realisticly its because its difficult to make them in the game.

Nevertheless, there are plently of CC that looks like natural hair, plently of styles and colors that you can find. But until EA or other companies make a legitmate effort to have more diverse hairstyles, youll have to settle with what they have or download CC
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    There was a thread somewhere, a few months ago, about the same thing and one of the Guru's replied saying it was an excellent idea and suggested we post pictures of hair styles we'd like to see from many different angles. If I weren't lazy I'd dig it out xD but posting here just as great too!

I love the idea of adding tons of different hairstyles, I feel like the way one does their hair is sometimes very unique to their personality or feelings so it's always nice to see that kind of variety in-game! I'm not African American, I'm part Native American, and I have super thick kinky hair so I'd love to see some thick curls, with and without bangs, short, medium and long!
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    taydev wrote: »

Why you think your opinion on this matter was wanted or needed is beyond me. This isn't about you and no one asked you. Bye.

Anyway, I agree with having more diversity with hair textures and black/African styles. :)

He's a troll that likes to start arguments and is against anything people want/suggest that he isn't interested in. Ignore him.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited February 2017

There's nothing wrong with wanting more options and aa hair. Everything has always catered to white people. What's offensive is you implying that we're just whining and shouldn't request it. Nobody is playing "oppression olympics" here except for you with your "b-but white people--!"nonsense. Make your own thread asking for your hair type instead of derailing and hijacking others.