Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okto84's builds

Okto84Okto84 Posts: 198 Member
I've been building few things in the sims 4. Most don't have photos yet, but here is the first house I ever built, called Modern Bungalow. A small house designed to be subtle and fit many areas. Suits one sim, or a couple.

The back and sides have lots of windows overlooking the garden and land behind the house

pic1_zpsso1gy8q3.png?t=1458811672

pic2_zpsy4jyi1vq.png?t=1458811741

From the street however, it is quite private

pic3.5_zpsjmyehkcm.png?t=1458811796

pic3_zps6indfm1n.png?t=1458811857

pic4_zpsyejwzdeo.png?t=1458811965

There is landscaped garden with pool, bar, hot tub, seating area and chess board

pic5_zpssimdbqxz.png?t=1458812105

pic6_zpsaqml37t9.png?t=1458812147

Now we can see inside. There is a hallway leading to the open plan sitting room and kitchen/dining area, a downstairs bathroom with toilet and shower/tub, and stairs going up to bedroom and down to the cellar.

pic7_zpssyq3nzkt.png?t=1458812330

pic8_zpsgn4lfnrn.png?t=1458812399

There is also a sun room, which I have turned in to a skills room with places to sit and read, paint and piano.

pic9_zpskbag2wot.png?t=1458812493

Upstairs is bedroom and bathroom. There's also a fireplace and computer!

pic10_zpsdmbidwbe.png?t=1458812572

The cellar is a games room/bar, and there's a sauna. However, it's a small room and I think more could be built down there. Maybe a gym?

pic11_zps3xjkhw8u.png?t=1458812739

This is the end of the house tour, but one last view!

pic12_zps25thktuq.png?t=1458812848

If you like the house, I have uploaded to gallery here https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9501C76DB25F11E58D94F961C4F63D79

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Modern Bungalow is a very nice home! :) Very nice exterior design and layout of the home! The roofing is very nice! The windows look very nice how they are placed in the build . Very nice outdoors living, dining, pool and hot tub patio! The bar stool counter looks great! The red candles are nice touches on the counter. Sims will enjoy sitting on the stools or at the umbrella covered table enjoying eating meals or having a drink from the bar in the sunshine.The flowers along the edges of the home and lot are veryvpretty for sims to see when dining there! The trees look very nice in the outdoors areas. Sims willl have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The ground paving looks very nice. Very nice layout and furnishing of the interior of the home! The open plan layout of the kitchen, living and dining areas looks nice. The patterned floor rugs add a nice look to the areas. Very nice light filled sun room! Sims will enjoy painting on the easel or playing the piano there whilst the sunshine comes in the windows. Nice armchairs sitting area nook for sims to enjoy resting there reading a book from the bookshelf. The plants are nice touches of nature in the room. Very nice upper bedroom! It is nice that there is a fireplace in the room. Very nice cellar room! Sims will have fun dancing on the dance floor to the DJ booth music there, and enjoy having a drink from the bar. Nice sofa and armchair sittting nook for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv. It is nice that there is a sauna in the home.
    The home is very nice! :)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Cute build. I like the outside entertainment area and the cosy interiors. :)
  • Options
    @rosemow Thank you for looking though the build, I'm glad you like the flowers! I did originally build on the bargain bend lot, with the sun room and patio facing the river, which was good, but ended up moving it to do something else there, and this area has many more flowers so the house fits in better I think.

@yanti68 Thank you too for looking through the build, and I'm pleased you like the outside space, because this is one of the houses I spent more time on the outside areas and landscaping. I picture this house being maybe a house in California, so wanted to make outside to match that.

Having looked again at the photos, I think the house is quite small, which makes it good to play as sims do not spend all day walking between place. However, the attic room, although I like it, is better to play with the walls fully low. I do have some roof trim peeking through the walls upstairs, but I know how to avoid that now :)

I have other builds I want to show photos of, but maybe later. Every time I look at them I think "Oh, I can change this, and that, and..." so they never seem completely finished!
  • Options
    For second build, after attempting to remodel Willow Creek Archive (went badly!), I decided to completely demolish and build again in a different shape and style. I had lots of new things to add, but also wanted to open up the corner lot, so ended up placing much below ground. However, it needed something interesting for the above ground section, so I built a floating tower with panoramic views

lib7_zpsgwodglji.png

The sims 4 does lighting well, I'm pleased with how it looks at night

However, from the beginning

lib1_zps9zerc8ak.png

lib2_zps3miba1sr.png

Here you can see the cafe garden

lib3_zpspvzhrmxx.png

And the little water garden. The floor below means no pond can be built, but this water garden is nice instead.

lib4_zps7efzgwfh.png

I like how it looks at night

lib5_zpsvyje2v9z.png

lib6_zpsilf6tnfa.png

lib7_zpsgwodglji.png

lib8_zps8tzui6tk.png

lib9_zpsnowdgugv.png

lib10_zpsjgstbf6y.png

Now the inside. You can see the reading room, which has the roof light at ground level above. And the cafe - which works if you hire someone when you visit. I hope future expansion packs add things to make this work better!

lib11_zps95mimw0v.png

The stairway is like a terrarium

lib12_zpsaemvkadt.png

lib13_zpsh1kfaifd.png

lib14_zpsfoj2okg0.png

You can find the tower by these stairs

lib15_zpsqhgyqnpl.png

lib16_zpsqtircypr.png

lib17_zpsx9s4g70w.png

lib18_zps46jzzyty.png

The tower has good views

lib19_zpspaar0ofj.png

However, those who looked close may have noticed on the reading room level that there's a flight of stairs going below. It's because there is still one more floor with many things! Here is the computer suit, VR room, and an art exhibit space. There was also a surprise, when the builders dug down deeper they found ancient ruins, which have been left in place and built around to display.

lib20_zpsnsdrqegr.png

lib21_zpspdft5hq5.png

I have placed it in gallery here https://thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/894EDE22F2B611E5899862F1E3B326C1
  • Options
    I_M1LOS_II_M1LOS_I Posts: 256 Member
    @Okto84 I like it,it is perfect! :D
    I'm actually a game developer, and playing Sims just inspires me.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The new build that you have posted looks very nice! :) Very nice design and layout of the build! The tower looks very nice! The large glass windows look very nice how they are placed on the build. Very nice outdoors cafe area! Sims will enjoy sitting at the umbrella covered tables eating and drinking food and drinks that they have ordered from the espresso bar. The water fountains, rocks and plants garden looks very pretty! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the venue! The reading room is very nice! It looks very nice how the bookcases are placed in the room, back to back and side by side. The bookcases look nice on the edges of the room. Nice study desk tables area for sims to enjoy sitying there using the computer. The armchairs sitting nook is very nice. Sims will enjoy resting there reading a book from the bookcases. The glass windows plants area beside the stairs is very nice for Sims to see when coming to the reading room. The reading areas in the tower are very nice! The bookcases look nice how they are placed on the walls. Sims will have very nice views through the windows whist sitting on the armchairs reading or playing chess at the tables .Very nice cafe area where sims can order the food and drinks. The green and white colour scheme of the area looks nice. The green armchairs look very nice how they are placed there. Sims will enjoy sitting there chatting, eating and drinking. Very nice basement level! It looks very nice how the art exhibit area has been set up. Sims will enjoy admiring the art on the wall there. The games nook is great! Sims will have fun playing video games in the cubes. The computer desks area looks great!
    Each of the areas of the bulld are very nice! Very nice layout and furnishing of the venue :)