Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How long have yall been a sims game fan?

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    Since the fall of 2000. The Sims was one of five games I got when I bought my first Windows PC (I previously had a Mac). I've seen as I've gotten older and with my responsibilities/things going on in my life, each iteration gets less and less play sadly. I used to spend 2-3 hours a day on Sims 1 and then by the time Sims 3 came around I was getting like maybe 5-6 hours a week. :(
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Since Sims 1 on the ps2. I didn't have my own pc when the sims 1 came out. :'(
  • Options
    DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    Since the game console Sims. Whichever year that was. Way over a decade lol.
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member
    Been playing since Sims 1 came out. Only the PC versions, I never liked the consoles.
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    I've been a fan since 2004, at the young age of 12. I have every Sims 1, 2, 3 and 4 series and packs :) as well as Sims medieval, which I didn't enjoy to much.

I wasn't a fan of Medieval either. Step backwards, like Sims 4. Lol
  • Options
    Simmer724Simmer724 Posts: 106 Member
    edited March 2016
    I've been a fan since the Sim City days, so back in 99ish, and had all the sims games. TS1, 2, 3, 4, TSOnline, Medieval, Nintendo DS, even TS3 for Wii (Horrible). So, like many others, you can understand the high disappointment in TS4 and the set backs in some sence.
  • Options
    luvalphvleluvalphvle Posts: 1,545 Member
    I've been playing since the Sims 1 came out, whenever that was!
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    Since July of 2000. I bought Sims 1 as a treat to myself after we bought & moved to our 2nd home.
  • Options
    colbyfromagecolbyfromage Posts: 268 Member
    I have been a fan since all the Sims times! :)

That means I can't remember, but I've played since #1.
  • Options
    Treese3Treese3 Posts: 21 Member
    Since the beginning. My teenage daughter talked me into playing it and I was hooked. Had so much fun on the boards in those days. Made so many friends I have had since then from all over the world. We all keep in touch on Facebook.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Even though I had Sims 1 back when it was released I did not open any of them until 2006 along with Sims 2 being I collect a lot of games so I was a fan since 2006. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    11 almost 12 years, so since 2004. Started with Sims 1 but Sims 2 was out not that long after so my TS1 time was pretty short lived.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Since 2005... oh, good times. It doesn't seem to me like that much time ago, tho.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I was hooked initially by the very original appearance of Sim City. The Sims, as such, did not appeal to the same extent at launch (I was playing other kinds of games), but I did play The Sims Social on Facebook, while it was still there. What actually roped me in to the franchise however was my niece receiving The Sims 3 Supernatural EP, for Xmas 2012 I think. So 10 years late to the party, but I have been enjoying it ever since.
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    Since 2005 and I played every one of them including TS2 and TS2 Pets for console.
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    meggera007meggera007 Posts: 382 Member
    I've been a fan since The Sims 1 came out in 2000, so 16 years of my life has been dedicated to the Sims series. I've played Sims 1-4 on PC, Sims 2 Life Stories, and Sims 3 Pets for Xbox 360.

I'm currently saving for a better desktop PC, hopefully a gaming one that can handle all the games I play without having to uninstall one or two when I'm ready for a new one. My current one can barely handle Sims 3 and 4. But that's okay, because Sims 2 is my current obsession right now since I have the Ultimate Collection when it was released for free through Origin right before Sims 4 came out. :)
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited April 2016
    I was 17 years old when I first played The Sims 1 in 2002, and it was on a school computer that someone installed in my classroom, ever since then I've been enjoying the sims series, I own TS1 Complete Collection, All the TS2 games even though apartment life and the mansion and garden stuff didn't work and kept breaking, ah good times, All the TS3 games except Katy Perry Sweet Treats, and don't roll with my owned generations and into the future eps, TS4's Outdoor Retreat game pack 1, Get to Work EP1, Get Together EP2, Luxury Party Stuff SP1, Perfect Patio Stuff SP2, Cool Kitchen Stuff SP3, and Spooky Stuff SP4, Good Times ya'll am I right or what?!!!:) :)I was 17 years old when I first played The Sims 1 in 2002, and it was on a school computer that someone installed in my classroom, ever since then I've been enjoying the sims series, I own TS1 Complete Collection, All the TS2 games even though apartment life and the mansion and garden stuff didn't work and kept breaking, ah good times, All the TS3 games except Katy Perry Sweet Treats, and don't roll with my owned generations and into the future eps, TS4's Outdoor Retreat game pack 1, Get to Work EP1, Get Together EP2, Luxury Party Stuff SP1, Perfect Patio Stuff SP2, Cool Kitchen Stuff SP3, and Spooky Stuff SP4, Good Times ya'll am I right or what?!!!:) :)[/
    Post edited by LordDarthSims on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I also remember that I could make a terrain in the SimCity game at the time and transfer it to the Sims game and also use my Sims in Sim Golf.

So many ideas and interactive inventions in the game in those days.
  • Options
    LordDarthSimsLordDarthSims Posts: 1,306 Member
    I was 17 years old when I first played The Sims 1 in 2002, and it was on a school computer that someone installed in my classroom, ever since then I've been enjoying the sims series, I own TS1 Complete Collection, All the TS2 games even though apartment life and the mansion and garden stuff didn't work and kept breaking, ah good times, All the TS3 games except Katy Perry Sweet Treats, and don't roll with my owned generations and into the future eps, TS4's Outdoor Retreat game pack 1, TS4's Spa Day game pack 2, Get to Work EP1, Get Together EP2, Luxury Party Stuff SP?, Perfect Patio Stuff SP?, Cool Kitchen Stuff SP?, and Spooky Stuff SP? Good Times ya'll am I right or what?!!!:) :)

• Options
    HanskuHansku Posts: 1,735 Member
    Nearly 10 years, I started playing the game around 2006 or 2007. It was the console version, didn't own a computer that time.
    AlA2dUe.gif
    finnish | ♀ | ♓ | intp
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Since 2005 :)
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    Beena0721Beena0721 Posts: 82 Member
    Since the beginning of the franchise (2000), but I've been playing Maxis games since the early 90s. I started with the original SimCity. Aanndd... now I feel old.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    By the first EP release for the TS1, I was hooked. :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    Since 2000 when The Sims 1 base game was released. I've have all versions of The Sims1 through 4, Sims Medieval and Pirates, all The Sims Stories, the first My Sims, and The Sims FreePlay.
  • Options
    VeaumVeaum Posts: 179 Member
    2002/2003 I think? I'm not sure, I was quite young and played sims 1 a lot, then as I grew up I played the sims 2 occasionally but then when the sims 3 came out I was in high school and was major obsessed.
    Intel core i7 7700K
    16GB Kingston hyper X fury
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    MSI Z270-A PRO
    1TB HD
    480GB SSD