Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats the longest you've played the sims?

JaysWrxldJaysWrxld Posts: 618 Member
I think for me it'd be 5 hours.. Idk

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    My record in the past was 48 hours straight, but that was a few years back, now it's an hour or two.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    From 2001 to 2016. Longest time ever.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    KimvbeeKimvbee Posts: 68 Member
    Probably 5 or 6 hours. In the middle of the night. When the kids are asleep... :wink:
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I've been playing since 2003... ;)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I remember playing the original Sims for like 4-5 hours. Building and decorating houses took me like 2 hours. 🐸🐸🐸🐸, I can't believe I used to be like that, I guess I was around 12 years old and really obsessed with this game. I remember staying up all night watching Nickelodeon and playing The Sims while everyone was asleep.
  • Options
    taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Now at days the most is 2 hours. Not because it's not fun and stuff like that..but I have other things to do and since The Sims can be such a time killer I don't want to lose track of time so I keep an alarm on my phone that's marked "Sims Play Time" :D
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I think max on my computer was 5 hours with Sims 3. For Sims 4, maybe 3 hours. When I was a kid and played the older versions on console, I basically played all day with small bathroom/food breaks. :D
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    Sims 2 - 1.5 days. I was absolutely determined I would befriend that penguin.

Sims 3 - 8 hours. This was back before I used mods; that's how long my computer could run it before running into serious issues.

Sims 4 - 4 hours
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    edited February 2016
    8 hours with TS1. XD
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    The longest that I remember...a little over 48 hours with TS4 with short breaks for food, and bathroom stuff. It was right after GT came out lol.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    lovejess2lovejess2 Posts: 3,049 Member
    7 Hours straight in Christmas eve with Sims 3
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    Sims 2 - 1.5 days. I was absolutely determined I would befriend that penguin.

Sims 3 - 8 hours. This was back before I used mods; that's how long my computer could run it before running into serious issues.

Sims 4 - 4 hours

Hahaha...I thought I was the only one who spent over 24hrs trying to befriend the penguin. I loved that little guy, especially when he would come and talk to the mounted fish and snowmen.

My longest play sessions were with TS2. I'd lose days to that game...and I was an adult. Yeesh.
  • Options
    akaniki0akaniki0 Posts: 470 Member
    I once played the Sims 3 for 16 hours straight, then slept for 12 hours. Oh the perks of being a retired mom.
  • Options
    purplexbutterflypurplexbutterfly Posts: 597 Member
    I used to play TS2 over 24 hours!!! It was amazing!!!

I would play TS3 12+ hours but I used to run into problems after about 12 hours and would have to stop an give it a rest.

I think the longest I have played TS4 is maybe about 18 hours? I'd probably have easily been able to make it 24 hours but I am older now and have adult responsibilities, haha!
  • Options
    Kaesi99Kaesi99 Posts: 32 Member
    I used to play the Sims 3 for about a week straight and would only stop when I had to sleep.After that I wouldn't play it for a while and then come back to the game and do the same thing all over again. With the Sims 4 it's different. I rarely play longer than 5 hours.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited February 2016
    Three days but I don't think it actually counts because it wasn't me technically playing. I played for about 4 hours thought I'd paused the game, then fell asleep on the couch and left the game running. When I got up I'd forgotten about the game even being on and went to work, ran errands, slept again etc... three days later I noticed my simmies (it was back in the TS2 days) were very dead and probably had been for a few days.

I did an experiment though because I was curious if the sims in TS4 really were smarter/game easier to play or not so I purposely left the TS4 game running for 2 days straight on normal speed. I came back to discover my sim adults were elders on the edge of death and the babies (twins in cribs when I left them) were Getting ready to age up into Young Adults. ...but they were all alive.

That said, my typical play sitting is about 2-3 hours unless I'm on a building tangent... then all bets are off and I could be at it for many hours.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    With Sims 1,2, and 3 I'd regularly log 12-14 hour days (that would be a near daily play session).

With Sims 4 I've logged some 12-14 hour days, but not near as many as in the past. Sims 4 play session I usually log about 6 - 8 hours.

I'd say the longest session I've ever done was probably about 18 hours with Sims 3.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    roman2886roman2886 Posts: 702 Member
    JaysWrxld wrote: »
    I think for me it'd be 5 hours.. Idk

For me too long sorry i lost count.
  • Options
    DolittleRollerDolittleRoller Posts: 54 Member
    Probably 12 hours straight (Sims 3). It was after I added the story progression mod. The game literally came ALIVE. The open world and the fact that every sim was going about their daily life was AMAZING.

Shortest time: 10 minutes (Sims 4). Sims 4 is the best game in the world. It has the best graphics and best complex gameplay. It has open world and CAS. and toddlers.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    I've been playing since 2003... ;)
    Best answer, LOL!!
    You must be quite sleepy by now!
    :*

Longest I think I ever played, was about 18 hours.
    Of course, then my family, esp husband, starts to bug-out....
    (not that I really care, these days... :D kids are grown, so more of "my time" B) ... youngest turned 20 yrs old last month)
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    From December last year until January this year, I would start playing TS3 around like 1pm and play until 3-5am. I was stoked to have some great CC and finally have the game running mostly okay on my computer lol. I did the same for TS4 back in February, but it wasn't as long of a period.

Might be why I haven't really played any of The Sims in while aside from maybe short half hour sessions every couple days before bed. I definitely burned myself out :P
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    Well, I often had gaming marathons with my mom (she played wow) and I played Sims 2 back then, I think we started at 9 am with food near us and played until 3am lmao! So that makes it.. 18 hours, we did that when I didn't need to go to school or something, I absoluty loved that time tbh, just playing videogames and eating food + talking about what happened :D
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    sims 2 and 3 about 14 hours straight except for bathroom breaks and food. That wasn't very often, if I don't go to bed when hubby does he moans. lol so about once a month I did that.
    sims4 about five hours up to about a month ago when my arthritis got worse, so now its about 2 hours straight. then I rest my arms and hands for a few hours before starting again.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    15 Years straight. No other game(s) like it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    I used to go from the moment I woke to the moment I went to bed during school holidays. So 14hrs? Longest was probably the moment I got up 7:30 until 3 or 4am?

20hrs as a guesstimate?

Now it's 1-2hrs maybe 3hrs if I am lucky and not to tired once my little girl is in bed.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]