Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 Discoveries !

Comments

• Options
    Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I've just learned that the children's teddy bear ages(become worn).

OMG is that true?! Pics or it never happened! :flushed:

There's a mod to slow the aging process down on MTS. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=581262
  • Options
    Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member

Oh, I've seen that in other people's legacies, but it takes an absurd number of "uses" so it takes a generation or so.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • Options
    nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

Oh, I've seen that in other people's legacies, but it takes an absurd number of "uses" so it takes a generation or so.

That is sooooo cool! TS2 is the best... over 10 years later and I'm still surprised by it's features and gameplay depth :heart:
  • Options
    Seera1024 wrote: »

There's a mod to slow the aging process down on MTS. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=581262

Thank you for showing me. I usually only buy practical toys or cc toys with different types of skilling for my tots. So buying a teddy bear for every legacy family going forward. This is the coolest!
  • Options
    Today I realized what the deeds that you get when you open a business are for. You can use them to transfer ownership of the business to any sim living on the lot.
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Today I realized what the deeds that you get when you open a business are for. You can use them to transfer ownership of the business to any sim living on the lot.

Also for Realtor Shops- selling the lots. :)

... can you really just sell them when you own the lot and the actual business & it's associated information transfers, though? I shall have to test this.

Recently I discovered that hiking can get you new aquaintances, as well as skunked, chased by bees, and covered in poison ivy. (I usually play with showheadlines off, but I also don't tend to send sims jogging or hiking unless someone on the lot needs some privacy...)
  • Options
    NindlNindl Posts: 510 Member
    edited April 2017
    There are so many cool little things in Sims 2 and there is so much to discover! :)

There are cool secrets in the vacation locations, you can get a voodoo doll and learn from a ninja how to teleport, both very useful :blush:

Also, sometimes when a sim watches the clouds a satellite falls from the sky and kills them. :anguished:

And a really, really strange thing occured only once when I was playing - I played with a family with a grandma, and when I had the grandma selected and clicked on the edge of the lot (where they would vanish if they go somewhere), I could select someting like "leave world". It has never happened again and I didn't dare to click it back then. :o
    Post edited by Nindl on
  • Options
    Today, when I clicked on the dish washer, I got the following option: Get Out Of The Way... lol :D
    I think it strangely replaced the Tinker option... Does anybody else get this weird option instead?

5y0bjPf.jpg
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Nindl

That is so funny I have never seen that lol I laughed even more as the head shot in your first pic reminds me of my ex-husband haha :)
  • Options
    Lol what a strange coincidence ;)
    At first I didn't realise my sim was tinkering the dish washer and I thought what is he doing, is he pushing it away or is he looking for someone or something underneath it :anguished::lol:
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Nindl

I know as soon as I looked at the pic I thought wow he really looks like -) All these little things that happen out of our control in 2 is one of the reasons I keep coming back to despite sims 3 being my first love as that’s where I started I have only been playing 2 for around a year now I think :)
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922

Sims 2 was my first Sims game and will therefore always be my favourite, as it also reminds me of my childhood and makes me kind of nostalgic. And like you said, all those little things that happen in the game make the Sims 2 simply awesome. Even after more than a decade I still discover new stuff, it's amazing. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    You can learn break dance in TS2 if you have apartment life.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Nindl wrote: »
    There are so many cool little things in Sims 2 and there is so much to discover! :)

There are cool secrets in the vacation locations, you can get a voodoo doll and learn from a ninja how to teleport, both very useful :blush:

I love that voodoo doll! There's a buyable one you can download from MTS.
    Also be sure to look out for the Three Lakes secret location too, you can meet and befriend bigfoot.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Nindl wrote: »
    Today, when I clicked on the dish washer, I got the following option: Get Out Of The Way... lol :D
    I think it strangely replaced the Tinker option... Does anybody else get this weird option instead?

5y0bjPf.jpg

Is the kitchen wall next to a garage or driveway?
  • Options
    @lisamwitt Ah cool, thanks for the info! The voodoo doll is lot's of fun, haha. :p
    I have never actually befriended Bigfoot yet, but I am sure this is cool as well. :)

@nanashi-sims No, it isn't. I don't have a garage nor a driveway on my lot. :)
  • Options
    Sally1502Sally1502 Posts: 258 Member
    @Nindl
    That is very strange! :joy:
    But, I totally agree with you and @SPARKY1922 . The weird, unexpecting stuff that happens in Sims 2 makes it so lovable. :smile:
    To me, the Sims 2 has a special charme.

One of my most favourite discoveries is that the kids and teens have a snow day and don't have to go to school when it snowed a lot! :smiley: That's so awesome and I always wished for it to happen in reality as well (and still do). :lol:
  • Options
    I discovered today that when a sim breaks an object (a shower, a computer,...) and another sim sees that they scold them. :D
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    @Nindl Hello, apparently this text is the result of a translation error for the Romantic Brown Dishwasher in some non-English versions of the game. Instead of writing Tinker, they accidentally wrote Get out of the way. :)
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    @Rococo1256
    Yes I know. :smiley:
    I shared it because I found it weird and funny and wondered if other people get the same option. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    @Nindl Hello, apparently this text is the result of a translation error for the Romantic Brown Dishwasher in some non-English versions of the game. Instead of writing Tinker, they accidentally wrote Get out of the way. :)

That made me laugh out loud :joy:

Some sims have allergies and sneeze in the spring. Outgoing sims will do a guts pose when they get the chance to whoohoo with someone they like. Romantic sims will think about their crush that they flirted with and kiss them autonomously if the sim visits their house... whether you want them to or not :confounded:

Throwing food is a form of flirting for adult sims... so be care if your straight male prankster sim does it to his best mate!"

When a sim breaks up with another sim, the sim that get dumped gets a lower relationship bar hit than the sim who did the dumping, so don't be surprised if your sim's relationship is still high enough to look like "friends" and yet gets rebuffed everytime he or she tries to interact with his or her former girl/boyfriend.

Sims get over their high school crushes once they move on to university.

Musical sims whistle.
  • Options
    You can't throw a party on a business lot. (Unfortunately for my sims' wedding plans...)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top