Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Chrinnie's Showcase Thread: **UPDATED 11/22 **GRIFTER'S COTTAGE**

ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member
edited November 2015 in The Sims 4 Lots
Oh dear, they've let me at the building controls. So, I've started playing around with building houses in Sims 4. I am all for constructive criticism, so don't be afraid to share tips or tricks or ways to improve what you see here. My Origin ID is ChrinnieBuilds if you want to check out my little gallery. I play test all my houses.

Simple Modern Style

I took inspiration from a house exterior I saw online and decided what I think the inside should look like. Not my first build, but I think this might be my best thus far.

1vLKjTC.png
3AkOnXz.png
U4N8zQS.png
BRHgWMZ.png

Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
mW8spBr.png
Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
Post edited by Chrinnie on

Comments

• Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Hello :) I think it looks really good :) very nice and large pool area :) Maybe you already know, but when taking screenshots you can hit the g button and the gitter will not show :) Congrats on your new thread!
  • Options
    Thanks for the G button tip! Thanks for your encouragement! Thanks for your being awesome!
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    It is great that you have set up a showcase thread for your builds! :)
    Simple Modern Build is a very nice home! :) The water fountain features in the front area of the home are pretty for sims to see when coming to enter the home. Very nice upper balcony gym area. Sims will enjoy using the fitness equipment there to keep fit and enjoy looking out at the views whilst training. The flowers and trees look very nice how they are placed along the side areas of the build. Very nice back pool and outdoors living and dining patio! Sims will have fun swimming in the pool or enjoy resting poolside on the armchairs in the sunshine. Nice outdoors dining area for sims to enjoy cooking meals on the BBQ and eating the food at the dining table, enjoy dining in the outdoors air. It looks nice the way the sofas and armchairs are placed opposite each other and angled beside each other for sims to enjoy chatting together. It looks nice how the windows are placed in the build. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The design of the kitchen and dining area is very nice! The curved island bar stool counter looks great! It looks nice how the cabinets are placed on the wall. The scenic picture on the wall is nice for sims to see when cooking meals there. Very nice sofa seats sitting area in the living room for sims to enjoy relaxing there watching tv and listening to music from the stereo. Nice window chess nook for sims to have fun playing chess and enjoy the sunlight coming in onto them. The red, blue and lavender colour schemes of the bedrooms look very nice. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst laying in bed. Nice study desk nooks in the bedrooms for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk tables using the computer. They will enjoy using the treadmills to keep fit.
    The home is very nice :)
  • Options
    This was my first ever build. A small modern house for the up and coming Sim. It's a tad expensive, but that's because it has nice things! The entrance is at the side of the front room under the porch roof.

Up and Coming

yRJUusf.png

silASv8.png

XFWqxmR.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    And here's a moderately-priced modern starter with a price tag of just over 33,000 Simoleons. The landscaping is sparse, but it was built in the hopes of getting seasons and having a large grassy plot where lots of snowball fights could take place as well as the hopeful addition of pets to run around and chase balls.

Not So Simple Starter

Eng4dP3.png

7CNd1XG.png

mpxnqh9.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Very nice design of Up and Coming! :) Nice outdoors dining and pool patio. Sims will enjoy sitting poolsideat the umbrella covered table eating food they have cooked on the BBQ. The trees on the side of the lot and the hedging lining the edges of the bullding give a nice look to the bulld. The red flowers are nice in the front entrance area of the home. Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The coat stand and shoes rack are nice home touches in the bedroom.
    Not So Simple is a very nice home :) Very nice layout of the interior of the home. The windows look nice how they are placed in the build and the blinds look nice placed on them. Nice kitchen and dining area. The blue and white colour scheme looks nice. Sims will enjoy sitting at the windows study desk table in their bedroom using the computer with sunlight coming in through the windows.
    The homes are very nice :)
  • Options
    @rosemow I must say that I appreciate all the kinds words. Up and Coming is probably my favorite build because it's very open. I've always wanted to live in a big, open home with lots of windows and plenty of room for friends and family to gather.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    And now I get into building rooms? Holy cow, you've created a monster! Had an idea for a simple modern kitchen. Hope you all like it.

A Simple Modern Kitchen

jlWNyNe.png
    k86ajOF.png
    evLaUxZ.png
    Jrk6JsK.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    The design and furnishing of A Simple Modern Kitchen is very nice! :) The black and white colour scheme of the room looks very stylish! The wooden flooring looks very nice, and the grey wall texture complements with the furnishings in the room. It looks very nice how the cabinets are placed on the walls in the room! Very nice curved bar stool and sink counter. The bottles and fruit picture are nice touches on the walls. It looks nice how the stools alternate between black and white colours around the counter.
    The room is very nice! :)
  • Options
    @rosemow I just have to give you a big hug. Thank you, my friend.
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Another room to share:

Yellow, Blue, and Green

KV89uYI.png
    FS8mO9Z.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    The colours of Yellow, Blue and Green room look so very nice together! It is a very nice bedroom! Very nice layout of the room! Nice gym area near the windows for sims to enjoy looking out through the windows whilst doing fitness training. Sims will enjoy watching tv whilst laying in bed. The tropical scene picture on the wall complements well with the sunny colour of the yellow walls. Nice study desk nook. It looks nice how you have placed the yellow coloured study seat with the blue coloured desk table. Sims will enjoy sitting there using the computer or reading a book. The sunflowers are very nice for sims to enjoy looking at whilst sitting there. The ship and statue are great touches on the pedestals.
    The bedroom is very nice! :)
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    That kitchen is amazing! Your houses are good, the only thing I would change is the large tv in the bedroom. In game play tvs don't disappear, they get in the way.
  • Options
    Thanks for the compliment, @Inna Minnit I'm also grateful for the tip!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    It's great for house design, don't think I didn't like it. I was just thinking about game play.
  • Options
    No, I totally get the gameplay angle. It's tips like that that I really need and want!
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Spend enough time at the beach (is 150% of your time too much to spend in a day.. just asking) and you start to see houses like this, particularly in the Carolinas where yours truly resides. This idea is inspired by a friend of mine who had a house that was built pretty close to this (though, his was on the actual road with the beach as his backyard... totally wish we had that in TS4). This house contains no CC/Mods and MOO is not ,activated. House price: $107,850

Grifter's Cottage
    Gallery link: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/AAC5B9E9914211E5812D95621DDA1796

Angled street-view shot
    Z45Zv3V.png

Floor plan of the house
    NeksAE7.png

From the living room to the kitchen (open floor plan)
    8NmCslz.png

From the kitchen to the living room (open floor plan)
    vlYCnfF.png

Back patio w/pool
    rnsdqOQ.png

And top-down views of the 2 small bedrooms and full bathroom.
    vufR382.png
    ZfspvDF.png
    I4FiaNe.png

mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    Grifter's Cottage is very nice! :) The open shutter windows add a nice look to the home. The hedging fencing looks very nice on the edges of the lot and flowers along the front edge of the home look very pretty! Very nice roof covered front porch! Sims will enjoy sitting on the chairs watching other sims passing by their home. The back patio outdoors dining and pool area is very nice! Sims will enjoy cooking on the BBQ and eating their meals poolside at the umbrella covered dining table, enjoying dining in the outdoors air. Very nice open plan layout of the interior of the home. Nice sofa seats sitting area in the corner of the living room for sims to enjoy resting there watching tv and reading a book from the bookcase whilst sunlight comes in through the windows. The design of the kitchen is very nice. The cabinets look nice how they are placed over the windiws, and the bar stool counter is great for sims to enjoy dining at . The scenic picture on the wall is nice for sims to see whilst waiting for their meals to cook. The fruit bowl is a nice touch on the dining table. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the views whilst dining there. The sims will have fun dancing to the stereo music! The bedrooms are very nice. Nice study desk nook in one of them for sims to enjoy sitting there at the desk table using the computer. They will enjoy watching tv when in bed.
    It is a very nice home :)
  • Options
    I had a moment where I was bored, so I whipped this together. A simple family study where the whole family can read together.

Family Study Room

yHmiqgv.png
    h0kbKxh.png
    SqX6Eie.png
    mW8spBr.png
  • Options
    The Family Study Room is very nice! :) The brown wooden wall paneling and the wooden flooring look very nice together. It looks very nice how the sofas are facing each other for sims to enjoy sitting there resting and chatting face to face, and the way the arnchairs are placed looks warming and homely. The wall of bookcases looks great! Sims will enjoy sitting there reading a book. Nice corner study desk nook for sims to enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer.
    The study looks a nice quiet place for reading and using the computer. :)