Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All new packs are download only?

Are all the expansion , game. and stuff packs download only? Can't find any site selling a disk of anything except the base game all the released packs seem to be download only and the pre order for the next ep seems to be download only

Comments

• Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    My daughter just bought Get to Work from Walmart the other day so some of them are sold in store at least. I prefer download except for the base game so it works for me.
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Expansion Packs are download or disc. Origin doesn't do disc sales; look at Amazon etc. for those.

Game Packs and Stuff Packs are download-only.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Expansion Packs are download or disc. Origin doesn't do disc sales; look at Amazon etc. for those.

I cannot find the next expansion pack on disk to pre order anywhere
  • Options
    S1MSKA1S1MSKA1 Posts: 235 Member
    heidi11576 wrote: »

I cannot find the next expansion pack on disk to pre order anywhere

No problem! Instead of buying the disk, you should buy the digital download and then send an e-mail to Maxis asking them for koi ponds.
    WE WANT KOI PONDS FOR THE SIMS 4!
    OMG KOI PONDS!!!!
  • Options
    MoodbeamyMoodbeamy Posts: 1,510 Member
    Are you in the UK? Game are selling Get Together on disc, you have to go a bit of a round about way of finding it as if you search it on the site it will only offer you the download version.
    tFU6JMe.png
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Moodbeamy wrote: »
    Are you in the UK? Game are selling Get Together on disc, you have to go a bit of a round about way of finding it as if you search it on the site it will only offer you the download version.

No, I am in the USA - I found the work ep on disk but not next one coming out
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    sadly yes... or at least it looks like.. the only thing you can have on a disc is a base game.. but I might be wrong.. at least I haven't seen any expansions or game packs on discs in UK.
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    heidi11576 wrote: »
    Moodbeamy wrote: »

No, I am in the USA - I found the work ep on disk but not next one coming out

Amazon and Gamestop might not yet have posted their disc preorder for the game or might not be doing preorders for the disc. It's not released till December 8, so there's still a lot of time for preordering.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    horrorfan1980shorrorfan1980s Posts: 2,900 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    sadly yes... or at least it looks like.. the only thing you can have on a disc is a base game.. but I might be wrong.. at least I haven't seen any expansions or game packs on discs in UK.

My local game has at least one copy of Get To Work.
    can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will boxed after sword is out.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    It's a real disappointment that Sims 4 and everything requires internet these days. I wish you could pick them up in the store like you used to be able to :\
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    It's a real disappointment that Sims 4 and everything requires internet these days. I wish you could pick them up in the store like you used to be able to :\

EPs are still on disc, including in stores. It's just that not everywhere that sells them on disc has the one that's coming out in two months available to preorder yet.
  • Options
    TrishyyFishyyTrishyyFishyy Posts: 85 Member
    downloading is easier for me because i don't have a car and taking uber's isn't fun as it used to be
  • Options
    MJ_5700MJ_5700 Posts: 13 New Member
    They make bundles with one game pack and 2 stuff packs and sell hard copies
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member
    SPs are download only, GPs are download only, EPs are download and disc.
    If it's a bundle pack with EPs, GPs, or SPs combined it will have a disc.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    MJ_5700 wrote: »

It's not actually discs you get in those bundles - it's download codes. But they do provide a way to buy not through Origin, which is helpful for people who don't have cards that Origin accepts.
  • Options
    ErinErin Posts: 641 Member

It's not actually discs you get in those bundles - it's download codes. But they do provide a way to buy not through Origin, which is helpful for people who don't have cards that Origin accepts.

Woah really? They sell a box with a code?
    That's lame.
    670?cb=20130818204250
    "Because now it's the fans out there that are entertaining us, the developers, with their creations!" - Will Wright
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Erin wrote: »

That's lame.

If you don't have a means of buying direct from Origin, it's not lame. Americans have a lot of options, even vanilla credit cards and EA/Origin cards. There are many fewer options some other places. It also makes something gift-wrappable, for people for whom wrapping a little card isn't much fun.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited October 2015
    So far only the base game and expansions have been available in Nz, we are getting Get together if we want too, I am in two minds, might just cary on ordering through Origin, although we don't have many payment options like @luthienrising mmentioned. We basically only have credit cards as an option or if we have a debitvisa card those are accepted.
    https://www.ebgames.co.nz/pc-210399-The-Sims-4-Get-Together-PC
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    Expansion Packs are available in physical copies where you can download the game through the disc, although even after downloading you will not require the disc to play the game, at least that's what happened for me and because you can't reuse registration codes, having the game on disc is rather pointless since you don't need the disc to begin with and you can't give the disc to a friend for them to download the game.

Game Packs are available in card codes which you can buy from some retailers, it just gives you a redemption code for the pack on Origin.

Alternatively, Game Packs are available with Stuff Packs in Bundle Packs, note that some Bundles only have 1 Stuff Pack along with 1 Game Pack and others have 2 Stuff Packs with 1 Game Pack.

Everything is technically digitally downloaded, the physical copies are just for those who can't buy games digitally or don't trust Origin or any sites with their money.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    So far only the base game and expansions have been available in Nz, we are getting Get together if we want too, I am in two minds, might just cary on ordering through Origin, although we don't have many payment options like @luthienrising mmentioned. We basically only have credit cards as an option or if we have a debitvisa card those are accepted.

Are Karma Koin Cards accepted on Origin? Because those have begun to take over Game Cards in NZ it seems, plus for every purchase you make with them, a tiny donation is made.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Erin wrote: »

That's lame.

If you don't have a means of buying direct from Origin, it's not lame. Americans have a lot of options, even vanilla credit cards and EA/Origin cards. There are many fewer options some other places. It also makes something gift-wrappable, for people for whom wrapping a little card isn't much fun.

Except that's not an option for people in Canada. I have to buy it from the warehouse if I want a bundle. I can't go into a store and buy GPs or SPS like that. They REALLY need to make it 1)have stores outside United States sell codes or have EA/Origin cards available in stores in Canada and elsewhere. 2)fix Origin so that Canadian/NON-US debit cards can be use or 3)Have Origin friends be able to gift you an SP/GP they know you don't have so you don't have to go to someone who has paypal (me: my sister)
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    mcrudd wrote: »

Are Karma Koin Cards accepted on Origin? Because those have begun to take over Game Cards in NZ it seems, plus for every purchase you make with them, a tiny donation is made.

probably not..since Orgin doesn't take anything expect Origin/EA cards or Paypal
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    TrixieFairyTrixieFairy Posts: 10 New Member
    Exactly! I don't get this willingness to abandon choices in game. It's a step back!
  • Options
    FrogPrinceFrogPrince Posts: 485 Member
    edited October 2015
    I can't get Stuff Packs or Game Packs where I live. The only option is through Origin. Does anyone know if Origin accepts PayPal. I have tried to find out without any luck. Another considerations for me is I would have to pay a 25% exchange rate and 11% sales tax to make a $9.99 stuff pack. $16.14. if a service charge of $2.00 is added to that it would make it $18.00. Not worth it. I only have the base game and 1 expansion pack. The irony of all this is I would only pay $9.99 if it were available in my country.
    Post edited by FrogPrince on
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    FrogPrince wrote: »
    I can't get Stuff Packs or Game Packs where I live. The only option is through Origin. Does anyone know if Origin accepts PayPal. I have tried to find out without any luck. Another considerations for me is I would have to pay a 25% exchange rate and 11% sales tax to make a $9.99 stuff pack. $16.14. if a service charge of $2.00 is added to that it would make it $18.00. Not worth it. I only have the base game and 1 expansion pack.

Where do you live?