Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Tony holding the packed lunch was too cute!
    She better start calling him daddy :lol:

Try to imagine Tony saying "Who's your daddy?" :joy:
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    Sonschi wrote: »
    Tony holding the packed lunch was too cute!
    She better start calling him daddy :lol:

Try to imagine Tony saying "Who's your daddy?" :joy:

HA!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Ok, to get some discussion going on, here's a question.
    How do you think Chris would react if he ever found out about Emily's situation?

Also,
    I was thinking about it a few days ago and I'm torn between picking sides in who actually has reasons in the Chris-Tony argument. All blame shouldn't be put on Tony but Chris may have a few points that can explain why he doesn't exactly like his father. Please don't send Tony after me, Maladi. ( I think that, I overthink things too much. :D )
  • Options
    MissSassyMissSassy Posts: 9,731 Member
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    How do you think Chris would react if he ever found out about Emily's situation?

Also,
    I was thinking about it a few days ago and I'm torn between picking sides in who actually has reasons in the Chris-Tony argument. All blame shouldn't be put on Tony but Chris may have a few points that can explain why he doesn't exactly like his father. Please don't send Tony after me, Maladi. ( I think that, I overthink things too much. :D )

I think he would be torn. Of course he would want to rescue Emily out of that situation. But at the same time her husband is his boss and he would risk his career.
    Or maybe he takes the chance to safe her and get a promotion. He might work undercover and collect enough evidence to get his boss arrested. And this would grant him a huge promotion ^^

OR: He wants to save Emily and starts acting like his father. He has two lives then, the cop and the hitman trying to get rid of his boss abusing his wife :D That would be my favorite because it would probably bring Tony and Chris back together. Chris would need his father's help. But that will not happen, I'm afraid :'(
  • Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    edited June 2017
    Sonschi wrote: »

Also,

I think he would be torn. Of course he would want to rescue Emily out of that situation. But at the same time her husband is his boss and he would risk his career.
    Or maybe he takes the chance to safe her and get a promotion. He might work undercover and collect enough evidence to get his boss arrested. And this would grant him a huge promotion ^^

OR: He wants to save Emily and starts acting like his father. He has two lives then, the cop and the hitman trying to get rid of his boss abusing his wife :D That would be my favorite because it would probably bring Tony and Chris back together. Chris would need his father's help. But that will not happen, I'm afraid :'(

That's exactly how I hoped the readers would feel about Tony and Chris argument, because the situation is not simple. Tony was indirectly responsible for Beryl's death. And also for Ronan's, Celeste's father, for that matter. But Chris is missing some facts. For example he doesn't know Tony was held in that basement too and what kind of game he was forced to play. He never heard him out after that night.

Chris would definitely want to rescue Emily. He desperately needs to do something to redeem himself in his own eyes, to feel less guilty for being the one who survived when his mother didn't. And of course he will learn about Emily's situation, I did send him there for a reason. But I can't make it easy for him, he's been a bratty son to my Tony after all and needs a little punishment. And what a better punishment than putting his career on the line for a woman, after what he went through to become a detective? :)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Good question! I've already asked this myself but thought "well, we'll have an answer soon" xD

@Sonschi I don't think Chris would ever follow in his father's footsteps, the only thing I could imagine for him to kill or hurt someone is if he sees no other way out. And for now, the chief has no reason to threaten Chris and he won't show how badly he treats Emily in public. Remember the chapter he told her to take a walk with him and their daughter to show off their perfect family life? If Chris doesn't make eyes on her or sees possible bruises (don't know if she ever gets any, he's probably very careful not to arouse suspicion), the only other possibility is that Emily decides to escape her husband by entrusting Chris her situation. But she could have done that earlier already and will probably be too afraid that she'll never see her daughter again.

@Maladi777 Ooopsie, seems as if I wronged Chris. For whatever reason I believed he knew that Tony was in that basement too (still, I could understand his hatred though definitely not its extent). Thought that the man had told them so they would know that their father/lover is out there and about to die if he fails what he will most certainly do. Maybe because that was so cruel that I deemed the man completely capable of doing this? >:)
    Though I think after saving Emily and the reconciliation with Tony (because, well, that is necessary. Really.), Chris doesn't need his job any more. By then, he will have proved that he was worth surviving by saving Emily and being a good cop for several years and moreover, with him not blaming himself any more for his mother's death he won't have to prove anything to anyone. But I'm sure it'll take a lot more time and efforts to overcome his conscience and come to terms with himself.
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Yep, it's complicated.
    From Chris' POV, his father is to blame for both Beryl's and Ronan's deaths as well as what happened that night. He doesn't know who those people were or why they were after Tony. (We know it was because of his Uncle's wife's dad, I believe, but he wasn't at the house when they discovered that. Kellie has probably tried explaining it to him but he won't listen.) He blames Tony for ruining his life because he can't move past his guilt onto his future, as he himself hasn't quite forgiven himself for surviving. He blames his father for all the nightmares, late nights and the blame he puts on himself. Chris has a long way to go in life...

From Tony's POV, yes he was indirectly responsible for both deaths but it was only because he was a little too late. He lives his life regretting the decision he made that night, that led to Beryl's death. He wasn't the one to hold Chris captive there, he wanted to talk to him about it afterwards. Explain all this but Chris is stubborn. Chris has had plenty of chances to find out the information he doesn't know but he refuses to find it out for himself.

Chris might not want to find out the full story as it would mean he couldn't consciously blame Tony, he would know the full facts. It's easier this way.

I have no idea what he would do in the Emily situation. He'll find out eventually. I'll have to think it over some more.
    Edit:

I'm thinking Emily could be the one to help Chris get out of this 'pit' he's dug (and had a little help) himself into. She's a strong woman. In ways much more so than Raven. It also helps that he 'likes' her. I have Chris & Emily's song for if they ever become a couple. We'll have to wait and see......

Post edited by ForgottenPixels on
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Good question! I've already asked this myself but thought "well, we'll have an answer soon" xD

@Sonschi I don't think Chris would ever follow in his father's footsteps, the only thing I could imagine for him to kill or hurt someone is if he sees no other way out. And for now, the chief has no reason to threaten Chris and he won't show how badly he treats Emily in public. Remember the chapter he told her to take a walk with him and their daughter to show off their perfect family life? If Chris doesn't make eyes on her or sees possible bruises (don't know if she ever gets any, he's probably very careful not to arouse suspicion), the only other possibility is that Emily decides to escape her husband by entrusting Chris her situation. But she could have done that earlier already and will probably be too afraid that she'll never see her daughter again.

@Maladi777 Ooopsie, seems as if I wronged Chris. For whatever reason I believed he knew that Tony was in that basement too (still, I could understand his hatred though definitely not its extent). Thought that the man had told them so they would know that their father/lover is out there and about to die if he fails what he will most certainly do. Maybe because that was so cruel that I deemed the man completely capable of doing this? >:)
    Though I think after saving Emily and the reconciliation with Tony (because, well, that is necessary. Really.), Chris doesn't need his job any more. By then, he will have proved that he was worth surviving by saving Emily and being a good cop for several years and moreover, with him not blaming himself any more for his mother's death he won't have to prove anything to anyone. But I'm sure it'll take a lot more time and efforts to overcome his conscience and come to terms with himself.

Pretty much what you say - Chris would use violence only to protect someone. As for the chief, he may yet surprise you with his behaviour. In his opinion Chris poses no threat to him. He may as well dare him to try to do something about Emily to prove how powerless he is. The chief doesn't like Chris, but will use him if it's convenient for him.

No, Chris didn't know Tony was held captive too. The old man (Lien) told them only, that one of them had to pay for the death of his mistress (remember the woman that kidnapped Beryl's brother? The one dressed as a maid? The same one the old man - Tony called him Albino back then - was kissing, when Tony and Beryl arrived to rescue the baby?) That's all Chris knows - Tony killed someone and as a payback Beryl was killed. Kellie doesn't know what exactly happened that night either. Chris didn't tell her all the details and she didn't ask Tony about it, but she believes he would have done anything to save both Beryl and Chris if he could.

The reconciliation is indeed necessary. Chris will have his moment of epiphany I can promise you that much. :)>:)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    I'm not completely finished reading yet. Just finishing 3.7. Love Babs. Her impressions of Tony...her wanting to give her daughter woohoo tips... LOVE IT!
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I think Chris would probably quit/ risk losing his job if it meant saving Emily. He seems like he would do it because 1) He likes Emily 2) He likes to protect people and if he didn't help it would be on his conscience forever.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Skcaga6 wrote: »
    I'm not completely finished reading yet. Just finishing 3.7. Love Babs. Her impressions of Tony...her wanting to give her daughter woohoo tips... LOVE IT!

Ohhh! I'm so happy you're enjoying it. Babs was such a good mother to Beryl. I miss her.
    I think Chris would probably quit/ risk losing his job if it meant saving Emily. He seems like he would do it because 1) He likes Emily 2) He likes to protect people and if he didn't help it would be on his conscience forever.

He loves his job. It would be hard for him to give it up.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, I've been reading the story and the comments here together as I go to keep up with all of it. I have been trying to not comment until I'm all caught up, well aside from the one comment the other day. I just read the wedding of Beryl and Ronan and all I can think is "I'm so sorry, Beryl. You've married the jerk I call my ex-idiot (husband)." This isn't going to end well.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Well, I can tell you now, guys, that he is alive and he's not feeling happy at all. :joy:

image.jpg

Oh to be one of those hands...
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Well, I can tell you now, guys, that he is alive and he's not feeling happy at all. :joy:

image.jpg

:D:D:D>:)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member

image.jpg

:O LOL
  • Options
    I just finished Gen 3. :( I hate when characters have to die, but it has to be. Only person I ever really got mad at for killing someone was @pammiechick. We won't get into that again though. I actually have a scene coming up in mine pretty soon where I'll be killing off a main character. The person deserves it for what that person has done, but it won't be easy. I feel for you for having to write Beryl's death. :(
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    I just finished Gen 3. :( I hate when characters have to die, but it has to be. Only person I ever really got mad at for killing someone was @pammiechick. We won't get into that again though. I actually have a scene coming up in mine pretty soon where I'll be killing off a main character. The person deserves it for what that person has done, but it won't be easy. I feel for you for having to write Beryl's death. :(
    It wasn't easy at all. Wouldn't have done it if I didn't need her death to affect Chris & Tony relationship. I don't recommend doing it if it doesn't help the story.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    The chapter with Raven and Thomas's mother was the worst for me to read so far. I would reread Beryl's death and the few after it a million times before reading about Viola again. It is exactly what my family is currently going through with my cousin. Stage 4 cancer. Chemo didn't work. It's spreading. Hoping this one last drug works and gives her more time. Hurt to read the Viola chapter. Just too close to my RL right now.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    The chapter with Raven and Thomas's mother was the worst for me to read so far. I would reread Beryl's death and the few after it a million times before reading about Viola again. It is exactly what my family is currently going through with my cousin. Stage 4 cancer. Chemo didn't work. It's spreading. Hoping this one last drug works and gives her more time. Hurt to read the Viola chapter. Just too close to my RL right now.

@Skcaga6 *Sending hugs*
  • Options

I'm so so sorry to hear about your cousin. And trust me, I know what you're talking about. My father died of lung cancer. I know all about how this deadly disease progresses and how it eats a person alive. I don't wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy if I had any.
    Tony seeing the phantom of Beryl in the crowds was my own experience.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options

I'm so so sorry to hear about your cousin. And trust me, I know what you're talking about. My father died of lung cancer. I know all about how this deadly disease progresses and how it eats a person alive. I don't wish this on anyone, not even my worst enemy if I had any.

I still think I see my father walking the streets of downtown. It was where he had the heart attack that killed him 12 years ago. I will probably always look for him even though I know I'll never find him.

We went through the lung cancer with my father, stomach cancer with my aunt, and now colon cancer with my cousin. My cousin has been the roughest. She's only 34 years old. Never married. Never had kids. She still has so much living to do.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options

@Skcaga6 *Sending hugs*

Thank you, Bugsie. I've been collecting hugs this week.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options

I still think I see my father walking the streets of downtown. It was where he had the heart attack that killed him 12 years ago. I will probably always look for him even though I know I'll never find him.

We went through the lung cancer with my father, stomach cancer with my aunt, and now colon cancer with my cousin. My cousin has been the roughest. She's only 34 years old. Never married. Never had kids. She still has so much living to do.

It's so unfair that your family had to go through this so many times. :/ I hope you are taking a good care of yourself and go to regular check-ups, because as much as I hate to say it, the genetics is against us and we are in high risk of becoming ill too. :(
    I really wish your cousin and your family the best and as less suffering as possible. Sending you all the positive vibes I can muster and virtual hugs. Stay strong!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    I have been keeping up with my own health. Have had two biopsies in the past few months and both have been cancer free. My cousin has a genetic disorder that increases the chances of various cancers. We are all scheduled for genetic testing to see if we have the same disorder or are carriers of it.
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    I too know what it's like to see the phantoms. My dad died of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.
    Details in the spoiler. I don't want to trouble anyone who doesn't want to read it.
    They gave him 6-9 months. He lived 18. Just about beat it. Had a speck on his liver and that was it. They told him to treat himself like he was in remission and gain some of his health and strength back. With almost no immune system, he caught H1N1 flu. That ravaged him almost to death, pneumonia and all that. But he beat it! While recovering from that, he started turning orange. That 'little speck' bred like rabbits while he was sick with the flu. His health was so bad and he was so weak that even doing the dye test to see how bad the cancer had spread would kill him. He died 3 days later.

I used to work at McDonald's, and a man about his height and build came in and stood at the counter, waiting for his coffee to be made. He looked like a cancer patient, ykwim. I was a little more into the middle of the kitchen area, and at a glance, I thought Dad had come to surprise me at work! Then, I remembered. Took me 20 minutes to be able to get back to work after that. Still makes me tear up.

Lots of hugs and strength to anyone who needs it. Cancer f--king sucks.