Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heffner Legacy: [Updated 09/05] 4.29 The Cold Shoulder

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    Seeing the detective turn into Paul Walker made me find him 10% less creepy than I previously had, thanks for sharing that.

Glad it worked for you, because he's not creepy at all! He's a caring and loving character, I promise. Need to find a way to make you like him a bit more. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    Seeing the detective turn into Paul Walker made me find him 10% less creepy than I previously had, thanks for sharing that.

Glad it worked for you, because he's not creepy at all! He's a caring and loving character, I promise. Need to find a way to make you like him a bit more. ;)

He's obsessed with Kelly in a way that sometimes comes off as creepy, and the facial hair isn't helping his creepy appearance... Ijs
  • Options

He's obsessed with Kelly in a way that sometimes comes off as creepy, and the facial hair isn't helping his creepy appearance... Ijs

But he's so clumsily obsessed, it is cute! Oh well, I don't seem to convince you. :)
    Hmm, do you think Kellie would notice if he shaved his face? I haven't thought of that, might give it a try, could be fun. Like the Graham/Grayson thing.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    No...I love that mustache!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    No...I love that mustache!!

Even despite the fact that you can't tell if he's blond or brunet as someone pointed out long time ago? :D
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    edited March 2017
    Blonde or brunette? YES! Sorry I missed that conversation.
    Like this actress (really big picture):
    MV5BMTgxMjM2NTAyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTU4NjU2NDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
    Drives me crazy.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    Blonde or brunette? YES! Sorry I missed that conversation.
    Like this actress (really big picture):
    MV5BMTgxMjM2NTAyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTU4NjU2NDE@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg
    Drives me crazy.
    I better make it clear once and for all - Terry is blond! And since there is no darker shade of blond for his eyebrows and facial hair I had to use the lighter of available brown colours. By the way, did you know that they wanted to bleach the eyebrows of the actor who played Lucius Malfoy in the Harry Potter movies? They decided against it because the darker eyebrows gave him more dramatic look. ;)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    k. But it still bugs me. :P I'll live.
    :)
  • Options
    Some screenshots are too good not to share them...

014.png

heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    Lol! Chris can't use those puppy eyes against me! No fair :lol:
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    HA! That's hilarious. I love it.
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Oh those puppy eyes! I would let him in in a heartbeat. :D
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    Lover WitcHazard: Oh of course you can Chris! What you wan to know what I'm wearing under this robe? Why don't you follow me to the master bedroom and find out!

Dark WitcHazard watches them run upstairs.

Dark WitcHazard: Don't forget your room is right next to Mama WitcHazard and the walls are super thin so I wouldn't if I were you! Unless you bringing him to the dungeon then carry on!
  • Options
    MarialeinMarialein Posts: 2,885 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Maladi777 I guess I would let him in :) I might not be the biggest fan of him at the moment but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 look at that face :D
    Post edited by Marialein on
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Swoon...and THATS why he's at the top of my sim crush list!!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member

But he's so clumsily obsessed, it is cute! Oh well, I don't seem to convince you. :)
    Hmm, do you think Kellie would notice if he shaved his face? I haven't thought of that, might give it a try, could be fun. Like the Graham/Grayson thing.

Shaving would likely help his look, at least for me. And I would love to see if Kellie would notice the shave or recognize him with a shave. I say do it!
  • Options
    chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    @Maladi777 Whoa, what an update. Well worth the wait. I'm glad Kellie and Thomas are done. Now I just hope he doesn't give in to his father and grows to be a better person. I really could relate to Kellie hating on corny, over-the-top romantic smell.
    You broke my heart again, with that painful confrontation. I must say, for a moment there Chris almost convinced me he did the right thing. Seeing how he regrets it though, I feel so bad for him. He doesn't know how to deal with his trauma and issues :( That scene reminded me a little of Breaking Bad - if you've seen it, you know what I mean. if not, well... what I mean is that was amazing. And those screenshots!My goodness, the screenshots were perfect.
    Now, on a more superficial note, I'm sim-crushing on Kellie <3 I don't see Celeste/Ariana resemblance-maybe because I think Celeste is/will be beautiful and kinda don't feel it for Ariana. And I also though Terry as a bit creepy at the beginning- because of the moustache. I've warmed up to him since then, so I don't mind it that much.

I was meaning to ask you- were you able to set your game to English? I got it on DVD and can only choose between Český, Polish and Russian. What the plum, EA? I didn't think of this much when I started playing, but now I really miss the word-plays and can't help feeling using cheats would be much easier with the original language.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    @Sterretjeee @TheGeekGamez @Marialein Looks like I'm in the best reading circle, my fellow members share my taste in male sims. ;)

@WitcHazard That's exactly what I would expect from LoverWitchazard, maybe also Dark to join them for somethink kin*kier. :p

@pammiechick ...because you can appreciate the Meatball genes!!! :D

@cecerose0208 I think I know at which moment Terry will need to shave and I'm going to let him do it. We'll see how you like him then.

@chocis I partly agree with Chris too. However, I'm biased because of my crush on Tony, so it's bad bad Chris. I didn't see all seasons of Breaking Bad, but I'm familiar with the show. It's hard not to sim-crush on Kellie. I enjoy looking at her too. I'm picking new clothes for her in CAS way too often. It's funny how unpopular Terry's moustache is. :D I like him with it more than without it, but I'm willing to get rid of it, for a while just for the fun of it.
    Thank you for appreciating the screenshots!

I don't remember how I did set the language of the game for English. Have you tried any tutorials?

Try this:
    1- Go to your Program86/TheSims4/Game/Bin (or where your game is installed)
    2- Open up The RldOrigin.ini
    3- then delete the current language on there and type in the language u want. Meaining En_Us = English.
    4- save the RldOrigin.ini file on the desktop as a txt.
    5- Then Delete the Original RldOrigin.ini File and copy and paste the saved RldOrigin.ini File from desktop into that folder instead. Or just replace it. BE SURE TO DELETE THE SEMICOLON IN THE BEGINNING OF THE language Change Sentence. (;)
    Post edited by Maladi777 on
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I'm still mad at Chris so the puppy eyes don't work for me at the moment.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    Frn0731 wrote: »
    I'm still mad at Chris so the puppy eyes don't work for me at the moment.

/agree :(
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Weeeeell, where to start? At the beginning, I guess ^^
    At very first, I thought your story pretty but to be honest, couldn't understand the fuss everyone was making about it. It was just like a web one could easily see what's behind and reach through. So I decided to go on reading and find out myself.
    And what could I possibly say? Somewhere between generations two and three, I suddenly realized the web had somehow tightened and caught me within your story (which was nothing at all obvious any more). The characters are so... deep and the whole story feels just natural and this is the point where the writer has already won - so congratulations!

Of course, I'm impatiently waiting for how everything will go on for Chris, Kellie and Celeste. Hope the older ones will not draw Celeste in their unhappy lives, though I fear that's exactly what will happen. And will this be the end of Tony's appearance in the story? I really can't imagine this, it just feels nothing like Tony at all, although deeply hurt by his own son. Ouch. (Please imagine myself being as hurt as he is. I really was. xD)

Great job! o:)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @Frn0731 @mypalsim1 Hehe, okay. I think he doesn't care anyway, 'cause it's not your door he's knocking on at the moment. ;)

Weeeeell, where to start? At the beginning, I guess ^^
    At very first, I thought your story pretty but to be honest, couldn't understand the fuss everyone was making about it. It was just like a web one could easily see what's behind and reach through. So I decided to go on reading and find out myself.
    And what could I possibly say? Somewhere between generations two and three, I suddenly realized the web had somehow tightened and caught me within your story (which was nothing at all obvious any more). The characters are so... deep and the whole story feels just natural and this is the point where the writer has already won - so congratulations!

Of course, I'm impatiently waiting for how everything will go on for Chris, Kellie and Celeste. Hope the older ones will not draw Celeste in their unhappy lives, though I fear that's exactly what will happen. And will this be the end of Tony's appearance in the story? I really can't imagine this, it just feels nothing like Tony at all, although deeply hurt by his own son. Ouch. (Please imagine myself being as hurt as he is. I really was. xD)

Great job! o:)

Hello! Let's just say that there's a visible learning curve of the author on this story. I can't go back and make the begining of the legacy better (not that I didn't want to!) I didn't know where I was headed when I started, I had no idea how cheats work, what poses are, etc. Then I borrowed Tony - (He's a good looking sim, I thought. Let's use him just for a couple of chapters to get those genes in my legacy, I thought. You know the rest) and he happened to be more interesting than any of my sims. So I've built the story around him because I naturally couldn't get enough of him. Don't worry, I don't plan to abandon him and let him rot in prison until the end of his days (hehehe, private joke - yes, the author is showing the symptoms of developing madness).

Glad you're enjoying the story and welcome to the fold of my beloved readers! Thank you!
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Haha, that's just how it happens :D In the story (ah, well, not sims but book-length, I suppose :# ) I wrote, I was shocked when I read the beginning... The characters were superficial and the story, too. So I think every author has a hard start and eventually, everything comes to life and the story writes itself. So this was no criticism at all, only a fact. ;)

Glad to read that we'll hear more of Tony. I start wondering how there could ever be a next generation, with him having to die, as course of time flows? :o Could the "mad" author bear this (or the readers)?
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Haha, that's just how it happens :D In the story (ah, well, not sims but book-length, I suppose :# ) I wrote, I was shocked when I read the beginning... The characters were superficial and the story, too. So I think every author has a hard start and eventually, everything comes to life and the story writes itself. So this was no criticism at all, only a fact. ;)

Glad to read that we'll hear more of Tony. I start wondering how there could ever be a next generation, with him having to die, as course of time flows? :o Could the "mad" author bear this (or the readers)?

I guess every author has their first story they want to hide from the world later. :D

Your concerns will be addressed soon. I have to admit, that the idea of losing my holy trinity (Tony, Chris and Kellie) is bothering me a lot. I keep asking myself, what if there are no such awesome sims in the next generation? I know the updates take long, but in the meantime the story is developing and getting better in my head. I'm glad I haven't written much about Celeste yet and didn't let her age up either in the story, because she turned into a very interesting character which I can't wait to write about! And to think that I didn't like her at first and had no idea what to do with her. I love her now. Not as much as Kellie, but nearly. I think you will absolutely love her and her best friend Jordan. These two are doing crazy stuff in my head. :D (Told you I'm crazy.)
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Your concerns will be addressed soon. I have to admit, that the idea of losing my holy trinity (Tony, Chris and Kellie) is bothering me a lot. I keep asking myself, what if there are no such awesome sims in the next generation? I know the updates take long, but in the meantime the story is developing and getting better in my head. I'm glad I haven't written much about Celeste yet and didn't let her age up either in the story, because she turned into a very interesting character which I can't write about! And to think that I didn't like her at first and had no idea what to do with her. I love her now. Not as much as Kellie, but nearly. I think you will absolutely love her and her best friend Jordan. These two are doing crazy stuff in my head. :D (Told you I'm crazy.)

Be assured we fear this as much as you (I think). (already crying in advance)

And you know we're totally into crazy stuff... So feel free xD
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26