Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is your favourite book?

I know it is hard do answer, but I'm curious about it!

I can't decide between two so....Mine are The Lord of The Rings and Percy Jackson and the Heroes of the Olympus :)

Comments

• Options
    dreamerz13dreamerz13 Posts: 9,927 Member
    The Harry Potter books. Always. I've reread them so many times and love them just as much as the first time. Some of my copies are even falling apart from being read so much.
  • Options
    FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness. Probably my all time favourite, though I could spend all night making a list of ones I love XD
  • Options
    MarinabellvertMarinabellvert Posts: 97 Member
    True @dreamerz13 they are also one of my favourites, however the spanish translations is not really good, now I'm trying to read them in English :smile:

@FuzzySlippers Haven't heard of that book, but seems really good :D
  • Options
    FuzzySlippersFuzzySlippers Posts: 81 Member
    @Marinabellvert If you ever get the chance, give it a shot! It's really unknown about (atleast where I live) which I think is really sad.
  • Options
    @FuzzySlippers I'll read it :)
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    It has to be either The Count of Monte Cristo or The Phantom of the Opera. They're both really engaging.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Totally agree with you @icmnfrsh I read them a few years ago and I really enjoy it!
  • Options
    EsnesNommocEsnesNommoc Posts: 1,243 Member
    I don't know what the book's name is in English but I got the book as a reward as a well-done student waaayyyy back when I was 8. It had many stories in it, many touching and tragic stories. As I think about it now, the book was probably meant for people way above my age back then (there's a kid that bring knife to school to stab the other kid in vengeance, or a long story based around a kid who lost his mum and had to go to many places and through many devastating situations to find her, etc...). I loved it even though I didn't understand half of it back then.
    It got lost during the time I grew up, and I can't remember the name now. Sad. :'(
  • Options
    DyingLightDyingLight Posts: 309 Member
    The Pillars of the Earth is my favorite book. I recommend it. :)
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member
    The Lion, The witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. It very creative I know it designed for kids. But I am partly creative. It series of 4. The series is called Narnia.
  • Options
    BlessedByNyxBlessedByNyx Posts: 6 New Member
    My favorite is The Infernal Devices series. You'd have to be into fantasy-type stuff to like it though.
  • Options
    JorvanJorvan Posts: 43 Member
    Narnia series (especially The Horse and his Boy) was what got me into reading so it'd probably go with that. A Song of Ice and Fire would be a close second and "The Coldest Winter Ever" after that.
    Screenshot-42.jpg

Come check out my story
  • Options
    SkyscraperfanSkyscraperfan Posts: 4,287 Member
    the perks of being a wild flower
    My current Novelcy and general blog:
    https://themostevilfish.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    okvokv Posts: 21 New Member
    The Hunger Games :)
  • Options
    Ping YoPing Yo Posts: 1,263 Member
    Litterbot's life

volume one,

life as a sentient robot.
    ]
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    One of my favorite books is "Jurassic Park" by Michael Crichton.
    I also love Agatha Christie and it's impossible to pick out just one.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2015
    Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett. The first of the Ankh Morpork City Watch novels and eighth in his Discworld series. I read it going home from work on the London Underground and kept laughing out loud. The other passengers must have thought I was an i- d-i-o-t. (Got plum)!
  • Options
    kesliehandekesliehande Posts: 58 Member
    Hmmm... The Road by Cormac McCarthy or Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'll give you a top three:
    1. The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
    2. Sherlock Holmes, the Complete Stories (I honestly can't choose from them, but I have them all in a single book) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
    3. The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

Some other favourite authors: Nicci French, John Grisham, John Flanagan, Kerstin Gier and Jane Austen ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited September 2015
    My favorites:

1. The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
    2. Candide by Voltaire
    3. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland/Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll
    4. Grendel by John Gardner
    5. Till We Have Faces by C.S. Lewis
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SelaronoSelarono Posts: 103 Member
    1. Fablehaven Series
    2. Inkheart series
    3. Harry Potter series
    4. Sword of Truth Series
    5 ANYTHING by Dean Koontz
    (yes, yes I know...its more than one. But reading one in a series is nothing....the story is all of them encompassed!)
    Swing by and say "Hi" @PixelatedWoofums.Tumblr.Com
  • Options
    pottergoosepottergoose Posts: 1,543 Member
    Harry Potter. By far, Harry Potter
    I'm the one who gripped you tight and raised you from perdition
  • Options
    Beng11Beng11 Posts: 160 Member
    The Perks of Being A Wallflower & To Kill A Mockingbird are both great reads.
    Developing a program that downloads safe roms & emulators for you for the first-time users of emulating games. Yay or nay?
    Kiss+awwwww+x_26c5c6_4860267.gif