Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

is it me or does the Sims free play have more of what we want than the actual Sims4

CallMeTaliBabiiCallMeTaliBabii Posts: 131 Member
edited September 2015 in The Sims FreePlay
as the title says

Comments

• Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    No.

The Sims Freeplay is the spawn of evil and needs to be thrown off a cliff. B)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    lol @Colton147147 your sarcasm is just above and beyond that you are actually serious

• Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    as the title says

No, it's not just you, but bear in mind that Sims Free Play is not being made by Maxis. It's being made by a different studio.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited September 2015
    The Sims Freeplay is by a different developer who's focusing on what The Sims started out as; a life simulation. While Maxis focuses on social media, using excuses to never fix the game, and purposely getting more limited tech than The Sims 3 causing for more complications during development which in turn is why The Sims 4 itself is lacking. TSFP has brought many things over the time of its lifespan so far and continues to push out more updates, they have restaurant ownership, cars, editing the neighborhood, toddlers, pets, etc. While TS4 remains "we're looking into it." or "it's a serious issue and we're looking into it." or "today we announce yet another stuff pack! :D". Thankfully TSFP is also free to play, but then again TS4 does the same in a way except you have to pay for the base game and pay to continue to get content just like past PC versions. TSFP can be played entirely without payment of a single dollar while TS4 requires a minimum of $60. Maxis isn't focused on fixing the game nor adding missing content but rather adding more social content and using Get in every expansion title. So $40 twice a year for more Get and social stuff here we come. While Firemonkey is still doing what's right on the type of feature/content that's needed in The Sims and what's not featured in The Sims 4 compared to past base games. Whether it should be considered pathetic or funny on how a different developer knows what The Sims is and how the original developer doesn't remains debatable. All in all The Sims Freeplay takes us closer to what The Sims was and is. With The Sims 4 it takes us away from what we've come to know and love. It's all about preferences. Personally I hate The Sims 4 so much I rather play E.T. the video game! Until patches come in and actually interesting DLC appears there's zero reason to Get The Sims 4. I'm going to go and play My Sims and Sims Medieval soon, they look far more interesting than what has come down to with The Sims main series in the fourth installment.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes FreePlay is what Sims 4 should of been with higher quality because it should be a premium game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    Yes sims free play by far is winning sims 4 is lacking a lot of stuff.
  • Options
    KVvin2081KVvin2081 Posts: 75 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Yes FreePlay is what Sims 4 should of been with higher quality because it should be a premium game.

I agree
  • Options
    despite the REAL time thing i like SFP
  • Options
    The Sims Free-to-payPlay is nothing like the Sims games. It's strictly a quest based game. There's no really "free" sandbox game in The Sims Free Play. And in order to succeed, yes, you need *lots* of Facebook friends or Game Center friends...not to mention being prepared to spend real money. That's precisely the kind of crowd EA wants.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Sim loveSim love Posts: 517 Member
    Toddlers
    Hypochondriac :p
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    I've been playing for 4 years and would love to see some of the features from Free Play make it to Sims 4.
    I love all the hobbies and would be on Cloud 9 if Sims 4 would introduce some of them in an expansion pack.
    https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/sims-freeplay/hobbies/

I'm a bit confused about the requirement to have lots of friends in order to succeed. I think I have 2 but I've managed to reach level 48 of 55, have completed all of the quests except for the most recent, Glitz&Glam, which I'm waiting to start when my latest batch of seniors pass on, and have unlocked all the venues except for the animal park.

The only advantage I see is the ability to build the nightclub free of charge if you have 3 friends but you can just use LP for that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-freeplay-social-faq/

• Options
    I've been playing for 4 years and would love to see some of the features from Free Play make it to Sims 4.
    I love all the hobbies and would be on Cloud 9 if Sims 4 would introduce some of them in an expansion pack.
    https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/sims-freeplay/hobbies/

I'm a bit confused about the requirement to have lots of friends in order to succeed. I think I have 2 but I've managed to reach level 48 of 55, have completed all of the quests except for the most recent, Glitz&Glam, which I'm waiting to start when my latest batch of seniors pass on, and have unlocked all the venues except for the animal park.

The only advantage I see is the ability to build the nightclub free of charge if you have 3 friends but you can just use LP for that.
    https://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-freeplay-social-faq/

Not everyone is as patient as you are. I know I'm not. Having friends is very useful for getting LP quickly and advancing much faster. Even having 2 friends is better than having no friends at all. I played with friends, and then I played without friends. Playing with friends made it easier.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    The Sims Free-to-payPlay is nothing like the Sims games. It's strictly a quest based game. There's no really "free" sandbox game in The Sims Free Play. And in order to succeed, yes, you need *lots* of Facebook friends or Game Center friends...not to mention being prepared to spend real money. That's precisely the kind of crowd EA wants.

I'm not talking in that aspect. I'm referring to the content
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    edited September 2015
    @aws200 wrote: »
    The Sims Freeplay is by a different developer who's focusing on what The Sims started out as; a life simulation. While Maxis focuses on social media, using excuses to never fix the game, and purposely getting more limited tech than The Sims 3 causing for more complications during development which in turn is why The Sims 4 itself is lacking. TSFP has brought many things over the time of its lifespan so far and continues to push out more updates, they have restaurant ownership, cars, editing the neighborhood, toddlers, pets, etc. While TS4 remains "we're looking into it." or "it's a serious issue and we're looking into it." or "today we announce yet another stuff pack! :D". Thankfully TSFP is also free to play, but then again TS4 does the same in a way except you have to pay for the base game and pay to continue to get content just like past PC versions. TSFP can be played entirely without payment of a single dollar while TS4 requires a minimum of $60. Maxis isn't focused on fixing the game nor adding missing content but rather adding more social content and using Get in every expansion title. So $40 twice a year for more Get and social stuff here we come. While Firemonkey is still doing what's right on the type of feature/content that's needed in The Sims and what's not featured in The Sims 4 compared to past base games. Whether it should be considered pathetic or funny on how a different developer knows what The Sims is and how the original developer doesn't remains debatable. All in all The Sims Freeplay takes us closer to what The Sims was and is. With The Sims 4 it takes us away from what we've come to know and love. It's all about preferences. Personally I hate The Sims 4 so much I rather play E.T. the video game! Until patches come in and actually interesting DLC appears there's zero reason to Get The Sims 4. I'm going to go and play My Sims and Sims Medieval soon, they look far more interesting than what has come down to with The Sims main series in the fourth installment.

This is the biggest piece of garbage I've read when it comes to comparing Freeplay to the PC Games. Freeplay is quest based, and everything you do either costs real money, or in-game points accumulated by constantly slaving to what the game tells you to do. Nothing like the Sims 1. When the player gets to choose something they want to do in Freeplay for "free" it's only because they have slaved to what the game has told them to do, weeks on end in real time. I can understand why you'd be disappointed in 4, but saying Freeplay hit the mark better to what the Sims "is", is the furthest statement from the truth.

If you think Freeplay is what The Sims should be, I'm glad you're not in charge. The Sims 4 may be a slump in the franchise, but I would rather play 4 than play a game that tells me how to play with every move I should make, or they lock the point of the Sims behind micro-purchases.

Some of the ideas are good, like the Shopping Mall etc, but overall every awesome idea in Freeplay is locked behind slaving away to achieve it. The Sims should never tell you what to do for weeks (in real time) on end, just so you can experience some awesome features here and there.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    For once, I agree with @jackjack_k. I started playing FreePlay again, and it is nothing but a total grind. I only play it to unwind at night, but I can't play it for more than 30 minutes because it takes so long for Sims to do things, and sooner or later I run into the problem of having my Sims all be slaving away and I can't do anything else, because they're all working on stuff that takes hours.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    when i say the SFP is better im meaning it as in the content that we want already being there. not the actual money have to pay or the real time having to wait to actually advance. if that makes sense.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    For once, I agree with @jackjack_k. I started playing FreePlay again, and it is nothing but a total grind. I only play it to unwind at night, but I can't play it for more than 30 minutes because it takes so long for Sims to do things, and sooner or later I run into the problem of having my Sims all be slaving away and I can't do anything else, because they're all working on stuff that takes hours.
    Freeplay is quite boring while you are playing it at a low level because of the waiting times. But I am playing it at both my Android phone and at my iPad and there are no waiting times anymore. In the beginning I was also playing it on my iPod touch - but now I haven't any time to play it there too.

I am now playing at level 51 with 31 sims at my iPad and at level 37 with 26 sims at my phone. The only friend I have is myself on the other device and I have more than 500 unused LPs on my iPad and nearly 300 unused LPs on my phone. I have never paid for anything on any device and I have hundreds of unused SPs on both devices too.

So I am busy all the time. In daytime most of my sims are working on their hobbies and while I sleep most of my sims go to work. A few of my sims are working on longtime quests - but usually I only have about 3 quests on each device. So nearly all my sims are free to do something else :)
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    Have you played it? I've succeeded many times without paying one euro. And without bothering one Facebook friend.

You can't compare Freeplay to the real games, you can compare it to other app games. And imo it's one of the better app games. There's one thing I'd love to see in a real Sims game: the way they handled babies and toddlers. Their interactions are more realistic and could be great fun in the real game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    LouisLollipopLouisLollipop Posts: 36 Member
    I agree with you *gives you a Like*
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Have you played it? I've succeeded many times without paying one euro. And without bothering one Facebook friend.

You can't compare Freeplay to the real games, you can compare it to other app games. And imo it's one of the better app games. There's one thing I'd love to see in a real Sims game: the way they handled babies and toddlers. Their interactions are more realistic and could be great fun in the real game.

Yes, I have. I tried it twice. Found it too boring and too restrictive.

I ain't got time for that.

B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    DabelrojoDabelrojo Posts: 11 New Member
    i dont not agree
  • Options
    TiffyVogueTiffyVogue Posts: 48 Member
    i also dont agree sims replay is very lacking and complete not
    sims 4 is life full and very fun
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    I see TSFP as a newer version of The Sims Online/EA Oniline. That got boring because the focus turned to improving skills and making HUGE amounts of money rather than remaining social.
  • Options
    EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Also, if I had found out earlier than I did about TSFP, I would have never played the PC games after Sims 2 and The Sims 2 Stories.
  • Options
    sobergjbsobergjb Posts: 1 New Member
    I think so, I like realtime that you get with sims FreePlay the day go"s by too fast in sims 4. :)