Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why Do You Think...

AJroxs18AJroxs18 Posts: 311 Member
edited August 2015 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Why do you think our opinions, feedback, and overall pleas for the Sims 4 are ignored and not acknowledged? Why do you think EA doesn't listen to us?

Honestly it's kind of disappointing to me to see all of these family players, storywriters, and just regular gamers being ignored and even punished for voicing their opinions and suggestions on here.

The forums are for communicating with other players, asking about bugs/issues, and most importantly asking EA for content to better our gameplay. Yeah, I know, this sounds needy, but all we really want is to better this game, right? We all want the best for this game, and I'm sure none of us want it to fail or die off. We want the game to be entertaining and better for ourselves. By listening to us, EA can make The Sims 4 become a great game, just like all three past installments.

So I really hope that after Get Together is released that the Sims team and EA get their stuff together and listen to us. Just a little bit? At the least? Maybe? Because if they do, they just might make the Sims 4 even better, because in my eyes, it has some really great content. Oh yeah, and a better game means more money for them, right? So it's a win-win, EA gets money and we get a great game. Tell me what you think :#

*please don't punish me for this post* :persevere:
>>>:Follow me on Origin and follow on the Gallery: @ AJroxs18:<<<

Comments

• Options
    Ponder the SimPonder the Sim Posts: 3,054 Member
    I don't think we are ignored.

I think there are too many people expecting instant results when development of some features can take years.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2015
    Rather than ask why you think they're ignored (because I don't believe for one minute that they are) perhaps a better question should be why do you think they should listen to that feedback?

What feedback should they listen to?

From which group of players?

Why that group of players?

What makes their feedback any more important than anybody else's?

Why should they appease anybody?

Why do you believe this?

Do you realise what a mess of a game we would have if they listened to everyone? We would have a more sandbox...more goal driven game...without goals....but with goals...that has adjustable everything....or adjustable nothing....that's better for the family players/builders/storytellers/general gamers. It might even be worse for all those groups. More like The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 combined....but less like them too.

They can't listen to everyone. They can't please everyone. Perhaps they should just do what they do and design and build a game, and we should decide if we like it or not when we buy it, if we buy it. We're not their bosses.
  • Options
    ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited August 2015
    SharkDO wrote: »
    Arletta wrote: »
    Rather than ask why you think they're ignored (because I don't believe for one minute that they are) perhaps a better question should be why do you think they should listen to that feedback?

Why do you believe this?

Do you realise what a mess of a game we would have if they listened to everyone? We would have a more sandbox...more goal driven game...without goals....but with goals...that has adjustable everything....or adjustable nothing....that's better for the family players/builders/storytellers/general gamers. It might even be worse for all those groups. More like The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 combined.

What feedback should they listen to? From which group of players? Why that group of players?

The players feedback in the feedback section! Because they are the hardcore players who have reasons and aren't just plum-ing on Twitter!

It's the general public's feedback, what most people say! Theirs is most important

Because we bough the game and should get what we ask for in the game.

'Most' people who play the game don't use the forums. It's probably more of a minority. What's wrong with everyone else's feedback? (and it gets posted everywhere, all over the internet). It's one person's opinion usually, each thread, of which there is a few thousand threads (slight underestimation), at last glance. It's not feasible to add in everyone's ideas, thoughts and feedback.
  • Options
    SharkDOSharkDO Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2015
    SharkDO wrote: »

Why do you believe this?

Do you realise what a mess of a game we would have if they listened to everyone? We would have a more sandbox...more goal driven game...without goals....but with goals...that has adjustable everything....or adjustable nothing....that's better for the family players/builders/storytellers/general gamers. It might even be worse for all those groups. More like The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 combined.

What feedback should they listen to? From which group of players? Why that group of players?

The players feedback in the feedback section! Because they are the hardcore players who have reasons and aren't just plum-ing on Twitter!

It's the general public's feedback, what most people say! Theirs is most important

Because we bough the game and should get what we ask for in the game.

'Most' people who play the game don't use the forums. It's probably more of a minority. What's wrong with everyone else's feedback? (and it gets posted everywhere, all over the internet). It's one person's opinion usually, each thread, of which there is a few thousand threads (slight underestimation), at last glance. It's not feasible to add in everyone's ideas, thoughts and feedback.

Exactly so you take a main site (whether that be the forums, Twitter, or otherwise), see what they mostly want, and go from there, and create those things! Obviously, right now, it would be toddlers, and a Generations EP!
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don't think they are ignoring the fanbase, but I do dislike their current marketing style. Which comes down to telling practically nothing and covering everthing with an odd secretive blanket, something they never did during Sims 2 and 3.
    I totally agree, and wouldn't even call hiding everything from the fans a "marketing style", just them not being smart at all with the way they are handling their game.
    "I'm a Simmer, not a gamer. I feel like my frustration with the game and the reason I don't "get it" is more about a disconnection and confusion with the vision...I'm worried about the future of the franchise."
  • Options
    I don't think we are ignored.

I think there are too many people expecting instant results when development of some features can take years.

I completely understand but maybe just if someone said "We're not doing this yet because..." or give a reason.
  • Options

Why do you believe this?

Do you realise what a mess of a game we would have if they listened to everyone? We would have a more sandbox...more goal driven game...without goals....but with goals...that has adjustable everything....or adjustable nothing....that's better for the family players/builders/storytellers/general gamers. It might even be worse for all those groups. More like The Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 combined....but less like them too.

They can't listen to everyone. They can't please everyone. Perhaps they should just do what they do and design and build a game, and we should decide if we like it or not when we buy it, if we buy it. We're not their bosses.

You make a really good point and I hope I didn't upset you... I'm aware they can't please everyone but just to acknowledge or say why they can or cannot do this or that, would be nice.
  • Options
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I don't think they are ignoring the fanbase, but I do dislike their current marketing style. Which comes down to telling practically nothing and covering everthing with an odd secretive blanket, something they never did during Sims 2 and 3.

You are completely right and I should rephrase "ignore" somehow... Thanks for your thoughts
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Maybe they can't tell us for fear of backlash? or possibly bound legally through EA?
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Maybe they can't tell us for fear of backlash? or possibly bound legally through EA?

Very possible. Also, thank you for your input above, it's completely true and what I *tried* to say my original post.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    I don't think they are actively ignoring the fanbase, but I do think that they are probably bound by time constraints and the tech that they're trying to work with. We have heard them mention on several occasions that time was a factor, there was also a quote about TS4's tech being more "limiting" than TS3's was. And then there was that odd quote about bears taking years to make. What that all screams to me is that there probably is more that they'd like to do, but they're stuck with this game the way they developed it and time and money are issues (and of course that's where the speculation about its online only roots come in).

I don't know what that means for the future of TS4. I am sympathetic to the fact that they have issues to deal with and that they can't just add things overnight. However, none of that saves the game for me as it is now at this moment. I think that they're listening, and I think that they know what fans want, but I don't know that I think that they're going to do much with that knowledge. It'll be business as usual, lots of expansions, and some random stuff to throw on top. But, I think that after a year it's becoming obvious that there won't be any big changes to the game's core experience.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    No problem. I know what you were trying to say, but I also think that some people truly believe that EA has been listening to us. And of course they are allowed to hold that view point, just like we may hold the view point that they are in fact ignoring us. Either way, at least we all can come here and discuss it without mud slinging. :)
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    AdelaideMannAdelaideMann Posts: 196 Member
    I'm new to the forums, so I'm asking was there a time when EA interacted more than a tiny bit on the forums?
  • Options
    I'm new to the forums, so I'm asking was there a time when EA interacted more than a tiny bit on the forums?

As @GoldenBuffy said above :)
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Good thread, OP :smile:

The way I see it is, there was a plan before TS4, the so called 'vision' as they call it, but really it was a plan. This plan was to reuse some of the pre developed content and animations from the Olympus days of development and this content was going to be released as EPs, GPs or SPs first and despite the fact that content might not be what players want, that was the route that was being taken.

I could be wrong of course but I am feeling like a lot of content is literally being recycled and that is possibly why players who want something else are being 'ignored' as what they want does not fit in with the plan

:disappointed:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options

The way I see it is, there was a plan before TS4, the so called 'vision' as they call it, but really it was a plan. This plan was to reuse some of the pre developed content and animations from the Olympus days of development and this content was going to be released as EPs, GPs or SPs first and despite the fact that content might not be what players want, that was the route that was being taken.

I could be wrong of course but I am feeling like a lot of content is literally being recycled and that is possibly why players who want something else are being 'ignored' as what they want does not fit in with the plan

I think your theory is right, as do the other 5 likers before me. So thank you for your input :) Also, ummm what does "OP" stand for :joy::#
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    aj_4182 wrote: »

I think your theory is right, as do the other 5 likers before me. So thank you for your input :) Also, ummm what does "OP" stand for :joy::#

OP is the 'original poster' thus the person who started the thread. Must be an old internet term by now ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    ts4 is a re-gifted xmas gift with somebody else's name half-marked out and the wrapping torn and battered because it's been in somebody's closet for 2 years.

and then it's given with a song and a dance and a smile and with a straight face because they don't think you're smart enough to realize you've just been given a re-gifted package.

but... never forget... you rule.

Like the fruitcake nobody wants?

• Options
    Lckygrl1975Lckygrl1975 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I am trying to get into Sims 4 by playing a legacy in the hopes that it will help. There are some fun parts like going to work and the spa but thats it for me. After an hour or two I get very bored sadly whereas Sims 3 I can play for hours and hours.

I keep trying with Sims 4 but with so much missing that should have been in from the start I am finding it hard to enjoy
    PPHeader_zpsacc5170a.jpg</a>
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    They have acknowledged on quite a few times that they're working on certain things, usually bugs and glitches. They definitely do listen to us and read the Feedback Forum, if you read allot of the past threads you'd know how much people wanted Pools, Ghosts, Genealogy, Basements, Locked Doors, Paint From Reference, Half Walls, More Normal Careers, Dishwasher, Newcrest(a new world) etc. along with big bug and glitch fixes. You don't have to appreciate the fact that they are listening to us, but they are listening to us, just because some things have yet to be addressed doesn't mean they're being ignored.
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.